Sola - 5/20

Steven - 6/20

James - 11/20

Megan - 12/20 

Victoria - 17/20

NICO

1. Umbreon

5a5c9c77c20884ad91a3a02c1707c70a.gif

I lived for the Dark type getting introduced on Gen 2, and Umbreon has been my fave pokemon ever since. I mean looking at my ranking I have 3 of the dark types introduced in Gen 2 in my top 5 (Houndoom isn’t in my overall top 5 tho, the only one of my top 5 that got cut before the end is Feraligatr. Also Gen 2 is my runaway fave, so not surprising at all). I love its design, it is simplicity at its finest, and the shiny is gorgeous too. It can be used either as a healer or as my fave archetype of all, annoying wall. With enough bulk to last for a while (that 95 HP, 110 D, 130 SD combo is great) you can Toxic to your heart’s content. I think I used it pretty much on all my GSS teams, even when I was using Tyranitar on the same team :rofl: I hope it gets a good spot on the list, but happy either way I got to take it this far (bc if I’m honest I expected Espeon to be the last one standing of the Eeveelutions).

REI

BT197.png

Umbreon is another fantastic pokemon that I'm also glad is here on the top 20. Umbreon is my second favorite eeveelution after Jolteon and it's probably one of the best designs from the eeveelutions if not the best. It is a pure Dark Pokemon so that makes it a super cool pokemon. Its black body with the yellow rings and stripes is just so beautiful and gives Umbreon a really mysterious vibe that I just love. Umbreon would evolve from Eevee during the night with high friendship, so I would get an Umbreon in no time cause I'm just ready to be its friend :wub: Like all the other Eeveelutions, Umbreon has a total of 525 BST with Defense and Sp. Defense being its best stats. Umbreon is only weak to Bug, Fighting and Fairy. It doesn't have the greatest moveset but why would you care with that kind of stuff when you have a Umbreon as your friend :wub:. I'm glad that at least one Eeveelution made the top 20 and while I would have preferred Jolteon over Umbreon, I still love Umbreon more than other 17 Pokemon in this top 20 :wub:

My ranking: 3/20

DEE

#5. Umbreon (Generation II)

source.gif

I would have gladly welcomed every Eeveelution in the finals. LOL. But Umbreon is the perfect representative, even if Vaporeon is my favorite of the Eeveelutions. NEVER FORGET WHEN VICTORIA HAD PEOPLE TANK MY FAVORITES. Back to Umbreon.  :wub:

Umbreon is my second favorite Eeveelution. I love it so much. There should be no surprise in hearing that I love Dark-type Pokémon, so of course I love The Moonlight Pokémon. Introduced during Generation II alongside its counterpart Espeon, Umbreon evolves from Eevee when leveled up at nighttime with high friendship, or when leveled up with high friendship with a Moon Shard in your Bag. Umbreon's yellow markings glow at night, reactive to the moon's aura. The moon's aura gives mysterious power to Umbreon. These yellow markings strike fear into opponents that are nearby. Umbreon hides in the darkness waiting for opponents, and when it jumps to attack, all of its yellow markings glow. Umbreon might be the most intense of the Eeveelutions, attacking the throat of its foe and then eating it after claiming victory. When agitated, Umbreon secretes a poisonous sweat from its pores. Pretty awesome.

Besides being awesomely linked to the moon and pretty dark in nature, Umbreon has some pretty good stats to boot. 525 base stat total. Attack, Special Attack, and Speed are pretty low, but can be worked with imo. Especially since it has the highest Special Defense base stat of all Dark Pokémon. Immune to Psychic Pokémon. Resistant to Ghost and Dark Pokémon. Weakened by Fighting, Bug, and Fairy Pokémon. Its starting ability is Synchronize and its hidden ability is Inner Focus. Most of the species is male. Medium Fast leveling rate. EV Yield of 2 Special Defense. Low base friendship. My one real complaint is that most of its moveset is comprised of Normal moves. I wish more Dark moves could have been incorporated, so a lot of TM is needed to make the ideal moveset possible for Umbreon use. I guess I can also complain about the lack of time system in FireRed/LeafGreen that made it super annoying to have to Trade Umbreon into those games. 

Besides an awesome design and personality, Umbreon has had some really cool moments in the anime series and manga. My favorite Umbreon moment is most definitely A Glaring Rivalry!, when Umbreon evolves from Eevee in the process of rescuing a toddler.

Overall, Umbreon is just super cool. I love the potential origins for its conception. East Asian legends of a Moon rabbit? Black cat? Egyptian animal sculpture? Aztec deity Tezcatlipoca? I am just super pleased to have Umbreon stand as the final Eeveelution. High ranking please. Redemption for Vaporeon. 😘

SOLA

Umbreon:

I would have been quite upset if the Eeveelutions had not been represented in the final rankings.  I love all of the eeveelutions.  This is my 4th favorite after Sylveon, Vaporeon, and Espeon.  When they introduced Dark to the game, they did it with Umbreon and people love it.  Umbreon is immune to psychic attacks, and resists ghost and dark.  It is vulnerable to fighting, bug and fairy moves.  Umbreon is ion an interesting position because it’s not a strong attacker physically or specially and it’s slow.  It’s made to be bulky, with high hit points, defense and special defense.  Its typing isn’t the most defensive option, with the 3 vulnerabilities.  I like giving Umbreon Moonlight, for healing, and Dark Pulse for STAB.  The other two moves  tend to be whatever I am feeling at the time.  It tends to be one of the stars on my team every time I do an evolution play through, because there is really only 1 other Eeveelution that can function in the same role.  I hope it places high in the final ranking, as I don’t know any ranker that dislikes it.

STEVEN

UMBREON

db22050b64a744e54c6ccd064c3adabc.gif

Umbreon, classified as the Moonlight Pokémon, is a Dark type introduced in Generation II. Umbreon is one of the many evolved forms of Eevee. Eevee evolves into Umbreon when it is leveled up during nighttime after a high level of friendship is achieved. Like all the Eeveelutions, Umbreon is a four-legged Pokémon. Umbreon has a sleek, black body with yellow bands and rings. According to its Pokédex entry, the rings on Umbreon's body will glow when nighttime falls. Umbreon is a nocturnal Pokémon and will lurk silently in darkness while it waits for its prey. As for Pokémon battles, Umbreon is best used defensively thanks to its high defensive stats and HP. Trainers can also make use out of Umbreon being able to use the move Wish. While not my favorite of the Eeveelutions, I still really like Umbreon. I haven't used one on my teams before, but I still like Umbreon enough to rank it #6 on my list out of these remaining twenty Pokémon.

Q3iYsyy.gif

JAMES

011. UMBREON (#197)

source.gif

My dream last-remaining Eeveelution actually happened, and it feels terrific. :bounce: Umbreon is wonderful. I love its design and I'm glad that the Dark typing has given the Water a run for its money. Of Eevee's multiple final forms (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon), I think Umbreon and its companion Espeon are both excellent. Curious to see where it'll place now....

Umbreon is, of course, one of eight potential Eeveelution options one may choose. Known as the "Moonlight Pokémon", it is a purely Dark-type Pokémon. It evolves from Eevee one of two ways: either by leveling-up with high friendship during the Night; or when leveled-up with a Moon Shard in the player's Bag. The latter method only comes into play in Pokémon XD, however. :sorcerer:

As expected, one cannot locate Umbreon in the Johto wild. In the Gold/Silver/Crystal games, you'll have to obtain an Eevee. You will receive it from Bill in Goldenrod City, although you may also get it at the Celadon Game Corner in Silver/Gold. :unsure:

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

38eb8a34527a9e9a3bdec0c22ea0caed02f7fdf9

MEGAN

Umbreon

giphy.mp4

source.gif

source.gif

Umbreon is at best the third best Eeveelution but depending on how I feel that day it could slide down to fourth. SMH. Give me Espeon with its 130 special attack, 95 special defense, and 110 speed any day. Umbreon is tank-y, I’ll give it that, but I want to attack hard and fast and Umbreon doesn’t suit my needs. Also it’s less cute than all of Espeon (the most cute), Jolteon, and Flareon. Espeon senses my emotions, is loyal to me, protects me from harm, and predicts the weather. Umbrean sweats poison. 

VICTORIA

Umbreon

Spr_2g_197.png

I actually like Umbreon but it's not my favorite from the Eevee line so I ranked it low in case some ranked it high. I'm basic so we all know from from Eeveelution is the OG Eevee. Are we surprised? Nope. Do I care? Not really. I hope this rank puts a dent Umbreon's overall rank. Umbreon is a Dark-type Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Eevee when leveled up with high friendship during the night or when leveled up with high friendship with a Moon Shard in the bag. It is one of Eevee's final forms with the others being Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon. Just like a certain ranker doesn't like Pokémon that require trading; I don't like Pokémon that require being leveled up with at the day/night or with high friendship with a shard in a bag. Not here for it. It's classified as the Moonlight Pokémon which Moonlight is a song by Ariana Grande song and perfume so I'm just doing Sola a favor.

Edited by reimaldonado

9 minutes ago, NGM said:

Beyond happy with this placement for both Houndoom and Umbreon (given the way I played this rankdown lmfao, I expected my entire Top 4 to be wiped out before the Top 10)

You stayed very quiet about your favorites and also benefit from having universally loved favorites as well.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

You stayed very quiet about your favorites and also benefit from having universally loved favorites as well.

So true at the first part. I also had a lot of meat shield faves to use😂 RIP Chandelure, Aegislash, Mimikyu, Luxray, Lapras, Alolan forms and more that I'm probably forgetting atm