Megan - 6/20 

James - 8/20

Dee - 10/20

Sola - 15/20

Nico - 20/20

VICTORIA

Charizard

Spr_1b_006.png

Is anyone surprised I ranked Charizard #1? Because if you are you really wouldn't. :dead: Nico tried to hard to get this Pokémon out and it made the finals. HAHAHA. He got Pikachu out so I shouldn't laugh to hard. :dead:
The fact that it made it against all the odds. I expect a #20 from Nico but it doesn't change the fact that it made the finals. That is a victory in itself. I bet Kevin is somewhere smiling and Kaito is somewhere seething. :wub: Charizard is an icon. LEGEND. Charizard might be my second favorite Pokémon after this rankdown now. I've always loved it but this times it 1000. This could have been Pikachu but that was my mistake. Oops. So, anyways Charizard is a dual-type Fire/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Charmeleon starting at level 36. It is the final form of Charmander. It can Mega Evolve into two forms: Mega Charizard X using Charizardite X and Mega Charizard Y using Charizardite Y. It also has a Gigantamax form. Charizard is the game mascot of Pokémon Red and FireRed Versions. WHEW! LEGENDS ONLY. Charizard appears in the Super Smash Bros. series. Here is the breakdown: Charizard is a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series. He originally appeared in the series when being summoned from a Poké Ball and later became a playable character in Brawl, first as a part of the Pokémon Trainer's party, an independent character in 3DS/Wii U, and back as part of the Pokémon Trainer's party in Ultimate. WHAT A JOURNEY FOR A LEGEND. He appears in Pokkén Tournament as a playable character and in Detective Pikachu because only legends do that. Pikachu beat him in the movie but not here. :( Charizard is one of the most beloved and well-known Pokémon of the whole franchise. People love that Flame Pokémon. It will not win but it made it to the finals and that is enough for me. ❤️ CHARIZARD FOR NOT #20. :dead:

STEVEN

CHARIZARD

giphy.gif

Major props to Charizard for making it to the Top 20 of this rankdown. Charizard has been targeted since the very beginning of this game, yet it still somehow managed to make it to the endgame. It took the help of some Charizard fans to protect it, but thankfully Charizard is here in this Top 20. Whether or not people think Charizard is overrated, no one can deny Charizard is an icon in the world of Pokémon. Charizard is the second-most recognizable Pokémon after Pikachu, so it's deserving of being here in this final group. Charizard is also one of my all-time favorite Pokémon, so I'm pleased to see it make it here. I know Charizard won't be winning this rankdown, but Charizard making it to the end despite being a massive target is a win in itself.

Charizard, classified as the Flame Pokémon, is a dual Fire and Flying type introduced in Generation I. Arcanine is the final evolved form of Charmander. Charmander first evolves into Charmeleon at level 16. And then Charmeleon evolves into Charizard at level 36. Charizard is also capable of Mega Evolution with either Charizardite X or Charizardite Y. With Charizardite X, Mega Charizard finally gets the dual Dragon and Fire typing it should've had since the beginning. Charizard is a large orange dragon-like Pokémon with great wings and a flame at the end of its tail. According to its Pokédex entry, Charizard's fire is very powerful. It is capable of melting pretty much anything. However, Charizard avoids using its fiery breath on opponents weaker than itself. The temperature of Charizard's flames increases as it experiences more battles. As for Pokémon battles, Charizard is very powerful and versatile. There are different ways a trainer can use Charizard, especially with the availability of Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y. Charizard's best base stats are its Special Attack and Speed, meaning Charizard can be a useful sweeper on any team.

Overall, Charizard is an awesome Pokémon. Its popularity is undeniable, and I think it's worthy of all the fanfare it receives. Charizard has been a staple in the world of Pokémon since the very beginning, and its popularity is still present today in the newest games. Even though Charizard is likely to receive a few tanked scores in this game, I'm just happy to see Charizard in this final group. I don't know where Charizard will rank overall, but Charizard easily gets a #2 ranking on my list. I really didn't expect to see Charizard here in the end, so I'll be content with whatever placement Charizard gets....but I'll still hope for a high ranking.

tumblr_mrcm96Dfcq1r3maj7o1_500.gif

MEGAN

Charizard

giphy.mp4

giphy.mp4

giphy.mp4

I had a jock friend (well he’s still my friend so I guess “has†is the more correct word) who could at one point only name two Pokemon: Pikachu and Charizard. To those people not into Pokemon, Charizard is the only THEM of Pokemon (shout-out to my fellow Whooligans). Honestly, if it weren’t for the anime and Pikachu’s ADORABLE design (s/o to my erased but perfect Pikachu write-up that was lost in the vanishing) Charizard would probably be the enduring mascot of Pokemon, especially in the US where everything was marketed to be cooler and more ferocious than the cute aesthetic that’s seemingly more popular in Japan. 

Charizard is badass (as much as I loathe the word, it fits for Charizard). It’s a flying-fire type that looks like a Dragon despite not being a dragon (though Mega Evolutions would fix that later). For balance reasons it’s probably a good thing that it’s not a dragon-type, but it would be cooler if it were. It’s a menace. There aren’t too many great fire-type Pokemon available in the wild, especially in Gen I when you are mostly going to be looking at Vulpix/Ninetails or Growlithe/Vulpix, so choosing Charmander to eventually get a Charizard is not a bad decision. In fact it’s by far the best option you can choose in Gen I. Choose correctly, choose Charizard.

JAMES

008. CHARIZARD (#006)

giphy.gif

Our iconic Charizard has had perhaps the most aggrandizing road to the Top 20. :omg: Initially a target of George for being overexposed, it was targeted far too early for us to stomach its departure. It was put up against Mewtwo, which backfired tremendously. (Fortunately, I resurrected Mewtwo at the first opportune moment! You're welcome.) Then, it became a pawn in the notoriously chaotic Pokémon Contest cycle, which prompted much drama! But even if it gets tanked, it's tough to deny it belongs here in the endgame.

Charizard is, of course, the final evolution of Gen. I's fire starter line. It is a dual-type Fire/Flying combo, known as the "Flame Pokémon". It evolves from the spunky Charmeleon at Level 36, after it has evolved from the beloved Charmander at Level 16. Like Mewtwo, it's so epic, it has TWO Mega Evolution options: Mega Charizard X, which will morph it into a blue/black creature with blue fire, and changing it into a dual-type Fire/Dragon; or Mega Charizard Y, which retains its original typing and has a simpler appearance modification of sharper, jagged features closer to its base design. (Naturally, the former uses Charizardite X, while the latter utilizes Charizardite Y.) As of all of that ain't enough, it now has a Gigantamax version for Galar's Gen. VIII Shield/Sword games! :wacko:

8fa5ef1fd768918907c1748c85a0a37f1dcb1159

But of course, when it comes to the Kanto region of the Red/Blue games, you will only obtain it by choosing Charmander back in Pallet Town from dear old Professor Oak, evolving it into Charmeleon, then finally Charizard. You can't really go wrong with any of the three options, of course. But you can receive Charmander from a trainer on Route 24 in Yellow. Just do the whole evolve into Charmeleon thing, and you can have a Charizard alongside Pikachu to play with there! 😘

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! 👋

0c7b5716092b7a2fc44f0b8b2b990346.gif

DEE

#10. Charizard (Generation I)

giphy.gif

Charizard. An icon. A legend. A trailblazer. The Flame Pokémon. The original badass. The mascot. Pokémon Red.

:wub:

Charizard is undeniably a legend. I would definitely put money on Charizard ranking as the third most popular Pokémon ever, falling only behind Pikachu and Eevee. There is obviously room for debate here. But what is not up for debate is the last impacting and incredible legacy of Charizard as a Pokémon. I know that there has obviously been a lot of back-and-forth debate about Charizard since the beginning of this Rankdown, and Charizard has been nearly eliminated on multiple occasions. I stand firmly on the side of love with Charizard. And I do not understand what there is to hate about Charizard at all. I also do not think there are many objective excuses one could give to justify their hatred of Charizard. I think many people might just be sick of the Charizard inundation that occurs in the Pokémon series.

However, I say bring on as much Charizard as possible. Mega Charizard X. Mega Charizard Y. Gigantamax Charizard. Charizard has given us Pokémon fans so many years of iconic imagery, insane battles, heartfelt encounters, etc. There is so much that could be referenced when talking about Charizard that I actually feel overwhelmed. LOL. But this dual-type Fire/Flying dragon is one of Pokémon's greatest creations.

This boulder-melting, forest fire-causing, high altitude flying, powerful foe of the skies is unmatched in pure badassery. Whether demolishing fodder with ease in the games, warming our hearts in the anime with Ash, slaying in the manga with Team A.C.T., fighting against video gaming icons in Super Smash Bros., battling Pokémon in the Pokken Tournaments, fighting Pikachu in Detective Pikachu, there is never a dull moment with Charizard. I prefer Blastoise to Charizard, but this is just a simple favor for Victoria.

CHARIZARD 4EVSSSS.

REI

128px-Shuffle006MY.png128px-Shuffle006.png128px-Shuffle006MX.png

What a ride has it been for Charizard!! From being public enemy number #1 to barely missing the top 5 of this Rankdown. I will admit that Charizard is not one of my top favorites, but Charizard is a legend and much like Pikachu it deserved to last this long. Charizard is one of the most famous Pokemon ever, only being surpassed by Pikachu and much of its fame being well deserved. Charizard is probably the favorite starter from Gen I for most (except me of course, Venusaur forever :wub:) so I don't believe that any Pokemon fan had never used Charizard in one of their Pokemon playthrough. I don't think Charizard's fame will ever go down especially if Game Freak keep giving Charizard stuff during every generation like its two Mega Evolutions and its Gigantamax. Charizard's design is pretty great and visually pleasant. Both of Mega's are good but Mega Charizard X is by far my favorite. Gigantamax is just okay and really unnecessary for me but it was bound to happen. As for battles, Charizard is a pretty great Pokemon to have with 534 BST and only being weak to Rock, Water and Electric. Really great moveset with Air Slash, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Inferno and Fire Blitz. It can also learn like a gazillion of other great moves by TM/TR's. Kudos to half of the rankers for keeping Charizard alive all this time while the other half were targetting it :haha: but this is a great and deserving place in my opinion.

My ranking: 11/20

SOLA

Charizard:

My favorite final canto evolution.  He is ranked on the low end because there is other Gen 1 Pokémon I want to recognize and I feel like Charizard will get a lot of votes already.  He pairs very well with my Starmie <3.  Charizard gains the flying type in addition to his fire type when he evolves from Charmeleon at level 36.  In later gens Charizard was given the ability to both mega evolve and gigantimax, all giving him huge bursts in power, new abilities and in one case new typing.  My favorite alternate version of Charizard is Mega Charizard X.  He retains his typing but turns black and blue, with blue flames.  Awesome.  Mega Charizard, who closely resembles the regular Charizard in color, but gains the dragon typing (which in my opinion it always should have had).  Giganatamax Charizard gets flaming wings.  All around there is a reason why Charizard is one of the most popular Pokémon the franchise, and that is why Game freak continues to give it love.

NICO

20. Charizard

Probably no surprise at all since I have been trying to get rid of it since the 300s or so. It was also my original pick to go out when I pit it against Pikachu (but the vote switching made me take a quick decision so LOL here it is). Is it a bad pokemon? No. Is it beyond overrated to the point GameFreak is unable to create a new generation without throwing Gen 1ers a bone and give you a Charizard cameo/new thing about it? Absolutely. It’s also the only surviving member of my overrated pokemon list (not for lack of me trying to cut it), but hey, at least the other 4 are gone. I’m positive it will rank high, but I’m hoping this ranking stops it from winning at the very least.

helping @reimaldonado out with these so he can spend his energy focused on getting $5 ready :wub:

Dee:

02. Haunter

03. Decidueye

04. Snorlax

06. Lucario

09. Articuno

10. Charizard

12. Ampharos

13. Krookodile

14. Noivern

15. Tyranitar

16. Piplup

17. Infernape

18. Milotic

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie

James:

02. Scraggy

03. Articuno

04. Krookodile

05. Haunter

08. Charizard

09. Noivern

10. Lucario

12. Tyranitar

13. Ampharos

15. Decidueye

16. Snorlax

17. Infernape

18. Piplup

19. Starmie

20. Milotic

Megan:

01. Infernape

02. Noivern

04. Ampharos

05. Tyranitar

06. Charizard

09. Lucario

10. Snorlax

13. Haunter

14. Decidueye

15. Krookodile

16. Articuno

17. Milotic

18. Scraggy

19. Piplup

20. Starmie

Nico:

02. Tyranitar

03. Lucario

06. Ampharos

08. Infernape

09. Noivern

10. Snorlax

12. Milotic

13. Articuno

14. Starmie

15. Decidueye

16. Piplup

17. Krookodile

18. Scraggy

19. Haunter

20. Charizard

Rei:

01. Tyranitar

05. Noivern

06. Decidueye

07. Snorlax

08. Infernape

09. Milotic

11. Charizard

13. Ampharos

14. Lucario

15. Starmie

16. Haunter

17. Scraggy

18. Articuno

19. Krookodile

20. Piplup

Sola:

01. Decidueye

03. Starmie

04. Piplup

06. Milotic

07. Noivern

08. Ampharos

11. Krookodile

12. Lucario

14. Infernape

15. Charizard

16. Snorlax

17. Scraggy

18. Tyranitar

19. Haunter

20. Articuno

Steven:

02. Charizard

03. Milotic

05. Articuno

07. Ampharos

09. Haunter

11. Snorlax

12. Infernape

13. Noivern

14. Krookodile

15. Scraggy

16. Decidueye

17. Piplup

18. Tyranitar

19. Starmie

20. Lucario

Victoria:

01. Charizard

03. Piplup

04. Snorlax

05. Haunter

07. Articuno

08. Lucario

09. Tyranitar

10. Decidueye

11. Infernape

12. Ampharos

13. Noivern

14. Milotic

15. Starmie

16. Scraggy

18. Krookodile

9 minutes ago, Solaris said:

My winner prediction from when I joined the rankdown part way through is still in.  But seeing who has rankings left where, I no longer think it wins.

My very initial winner prediction was Charizard. So here we are. LOL. Then I switched to thinking  Lucario. So I've been wrong twice. But I'm pretty sure I have the winner pegged now.

I am not going to say who my winner prediction was as I do hope it still wins.  I do find it very telling that my prediction wasn't nominated until the second last cycle of the game.  I do think it is one of Victorias tanked scores now though.  :haha: