SCD Series 17 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

Chris & Karen - Paso Doble: 8/8/8/7 = 31

Chris really surprises me with how he really gets into the intensity and aggressive character of the dance. I thought he did very well with the character of it. The technical aspects/dancing of it, was a bit hit or miss. I do get Bruno’s comments that some of the technique and artistry wasn’t all the way there in the lines….. but I id think this was some of his best dancing. But i thought it was a very good dance from him, and quite a surprise.

With these comments and scores, he’s definitely making it through to next week. :lol: But he kinda deserves it based on the dances.

OMG whoa Bruno with the lowest score. :dead:

Really? Really? That was equal to Kelvin and better than Alex and Emma, Craig?

Definitely was better than Alex, imo. :ph34r: I do think Emma and Chris were more-or-less on par (Emma should have been stronger had not been for the mistakes) but yeah Kelvin was much better.

My Rankings:

1. Karim & Amy - Contemporary

2. Kelvin & Oti - Street/Commercial

3. Emma B & Anton - Quickstep

4. Chris & Karen - Paso Doble

5. Alex & Neil - Argentine Tango

6. Saffron & AJ - Samba

Actually not too sure how to rank, as Emma/Chris and Alex/Saffron were tied and interchangeable for me.

Hmmmm definitely thinking all the girls are in danger. Saffron seems like a sure bet as she was there last week. Then Alex could get a sympathy vote which could hurt Emma. Neither have been in the B2 but this weekend will show who is more popular. If it’s a Emma vs. Saffron B2, then Saffron goes. If a Alex vs. Saffron B2, that could be a toss-up but hoping Saffron stays. I do love Alex as a person but would be fine with her going dancing-wise of the two.

All the girls were mESSY tonight.

They were. :(

Was expecting it from Alex and Saffron as they had difficult styles but Emma's had potential to be a really amazing dance for her. >.

Can we just skip to the Kelvin/Karim top 2?

Sounds like a plan. :wub:

Personally expecting a Emma/Saffron bottom with sadly Saffron going home.

Yeah I'm probably leaning towards this right now too.

My Rankings Are:

6. Saffron & AJ - Samba

still think Karim and Kelvin deserved perfect scores this week and last week.

My Ranking:

1. Karim & Amy

2. Kelvin & Oti

3. Emma & Anton

4. Chris & Karen

5. Saffron & AJ

6. Alex & Neil

Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Alex leave, for all the pre-series hype she's been underwhelming each week. Saffron isn't my favorite and her dance this week wasn't great but she's been more consistent than either Alex or Chris, her ballroom is too lovely to lose. I love Emma and would be gutted if she went, she's working two gigs at the same time and is still always positive and never whines. I'm thinking Emma vs. Saffron with Saffron leaving since she has Latin and Emma can easily fix any mistakes in the dance-off.

Oooh and reading Strictly forum related things. I actually wouldn't be too surprised if an all-male Final 3 happens. Karim & Kelvin are definitely the best two, and Chris seems very popular with the public.

Saffron is great and the best girl of the 3, but not sure she can survive this week's dance and not-so-strong fanbase. She has the social media fanbase but needs the older audience vote which I think is lacking for her. For Saffron to get to the Final 3, it will probably be through winning Dance-Offs, like Ashley did - but it's not guaranteed in Saffron's case. I think Alex is probably the most popular girl, and probably has the best chances of making the Final 3. But then I always underestimate Emma's fanbase. Hmm thunigs could change.

My Rankings Are:

6. Saffron & AJ - Samba

still think Karim and Kelvin deserved perfect scores this week and last week.

I was okay with Kelvin's scores tonight. Didn't agree with the 8 though, but 9 would have been better. But do agree that Karim's last two dances and Kelvin's Jive were 40-worthy.

My Ranking:

1. Karim & Amy

2. Kelvin & Oti

3. Emma & Anton

4. Chris & Karen

5. Saffron & AJ

6. Alex & Neil

Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Alex leave, for all the pre-series hype she's been underwhelming each week. Saffron isn't my favorite and her dance this week wasn't great but she's been more consistent than either Alex or Chris, her ballroom is too lovely to lose. I love Emma and would be gutted if she went, she's working two gigs at the same time and is still always positive and never whines. I'm thinking Emma vs. Saffron with Saffron leaving since she has Latin and Emma can easily fix any mistakes in the dance-off.

I agree with a good majority of your comments here. Ugh yeah would hate to lose Saffron as I think she's capable of delivering some more outstanding ballroom dances for the reminder of the series. :(

I missed the 2nd half of the episode, but of course Craig is still refusing to give out 10's. :rolleyes:

the fact ashley had to use the dance offs to get to the finale when she was by far the best dancer that season. Disgusting.

Ringers seem to get even more backlash from the voters on Strictly than they do on DWTS, sadly. :(

According to Strictly Spoiler, Karim v. Saffron - Saffron eliminated.

:'( Ugh at Alex and Chris still in without hitting the dance-off yet. I had a bad feeling with Saffron & AJ getting Samba, Saffron was weak in Latin and the Samba is a curse on AJ, these last three series he's gone out after doing Samba.

I'm not really that upset about Saffron going (even though it shouldn't have been her, she's just one of the contestants who I'm not finding myself rooting for per se), but Karim being in the bottom 2 especially after such a good night and emotional routine is really disappointing.

Chris, Emma and Alex really are killing it in the votes.

Edited by ImSomebody

Honestly this season started rough had a few glimmers but it's been so disappointing.

I miss the likes of Faye, Ashley, and even Stacey last year just killing it every week.

I had a feeling the women would struggle this year with the girls they chose.

I wouldn't be shocked if the top 3 is all the guys at this point.

My one positive currently is that hopefully Oti is finally getting the win she deserves.

Lol tbh even if Chris ended up winning this season I’d be happy that Karen got a win. I think we can probably rule that out though seeing as he’s not touring.

Edited by ImSomebody

I mean, Kelvin & Karim have been consistently great all season long. It's sad that there's no It Girls this season, but I appreciate what the two of them have been bringing on a weekly basis.

But yeah, this season definitely took a turn for the worst when the judges decided to keep saving the clearly weakest dancer in Mike over Catherine & Emma W who actually had the potential to be great and just happened to have an off dance that week. :rolleyes:

Ringers seem to get even more backlash from the voters on Strictly than they do on DWTS, sadly. :(

Mhmm, this is very true. >.

:'( Ugh at Alex and Chris still in without hitting the dance-off yet. I had a bad feeling with Saffron & AJ getting Samba, Saffron was weak in Latin and the Samba is a curse on AJ, these last three series he's gone out after doing Samba.

MTE regarding all of this. At this point, AJ really needs to consider skipping the Samba. It always does him and his partners in. Sad to lose Saffron like this as Party Latins were her weakness and it was just too late in the season to overcome that. But Karim was totally the right choice to save.

I'm not really that upset about Saffron going (even though it shouldn't have been her, she's just one of the contestants who I'm not finding myself rooting for per se), but Karim being in the bottom 2 especially after such a good night and emotional routine is really disappointing.

Chris, Emma and Alex really are killing it in the votes.

Ugh super upsetting having Karim land in the Bottom 2. I'm sad about Saffron going but kinda knew it would be in the cards with the Samba.

Yeahh they sure are. I get and view them all as likable but it's crazy having so many underdogs still remaining.

Honestly this season started rough had a few glimmers but it's been so disappointing.

I miss the likes of Faye, Ashley, and even Stacey last year just killing it every week.

I had a feeling the women would struggle this year with the girls they chose.

I wouldn't be shocked if the top 3 is all the guys at this point.

Yeah I do think it was a really weak year for the ladies. Michelle and Saffron were the only really great ones but even they had styles that tripped them up/they weren't great on - and they don't compare to the all-time greats. But they obviously should have made it further even though I can get it under the circumstances they were in

I'm thinking and wouldn't be surprised with an all male Final 3 too. I'll be fine with that as Kelvin and Karim are deserving of it. Then the 3rd spot can be a toss-up.

My one positive currently is that hopefully Oti is finally getting the win she deserves.

Lol tbh even if Chris ended up winning this season I’d be happy that Karen got a win. I think we can probably rule that out though seeing as he’s not touring.

Oooh yess, I would certainly love and be here for an Oti win. Kelvin certainly eserves it with his dances and i'd be sooo happy for Oti.

Ahh yeah I would probably be disappointed with a Chris win. I do like him but as you said, I'd love it or Karen. I'm happy to see her going so far.

I mean, Kelvin & Karim have been consistently great all season long. It's sad that there's no It Girls this season, but I appreciate what the two of them have been bringing on a weekly basis.

But yeah, this season definitely took a turn for the worst when the judges decided to keep saving the clearly weakest dancer in Mike over Catherine & Emma W who actually had the potential to be great and just happened to have an off dance that week. :rolleyes:

Mhmmm, exactly and agree with you on this. :yes: So hopefully those two can make it to the final together, as they deserve to.

Ughh yess, agree with all of this too. >.

Ugh

Watch Chris, Emma and Alex be the least deserving finale ever at this rate. :) :rolleyes:

Ughh yeah. >..

Just got through watching the results show…

Results Show Thoughts

- Really beautiful opening group performance with Andrea Bocelli singing on it. :yes:

- OMG Anton is A LOT regarding his reaction to his and Emma being called safe. :dead: Kelvin’s prank on his father doing his Couples’ Choice dance rather than himself was funny :lol:.

- The winner of The Greatest Dancer, Ellie, is a really beautiful dancer with amazing technique and gave such a stunning performance. :o Although I see her dancing to Ashley’s Showdance song from last year. :*

- Week 11 Musical Night Spoilers (in white text): Emma & Anton have the Charleston, Chris & Karen have the Foxtrot. Alex commented on having a party next week, didn’t say her style but sounds like she has a Samba… which yikes, good luck with that as she could be a goner if that’s true. Also if true INTERESTING how Alex and Chris hasn't had any sort of Waltz in 11 weeks.

- The Bottom 2 was Saffron & AJ vs. Karim & Amy. Saffron always breaks my heart when she lands there and her reaction/comments just makes me feel so sad/bad for her. :( Also feel really bad for Karim but he handled the shock Bottom 2 really well. The judges vote was a unanimous decision for saving Karim, which I also agree with. I’m glad he made it through but i hope this is a case of the audience assuming he was safe rather than a smaller than rest fanbase but I fear it could be the latter. :shiver: But yeah it’s super sad to lose Saffron & AJ under these circumstances. They had a great fun youthful partnership. She looked so sad and crushed after her Samba as she knew that was the end of her run… and her crying was just so heartbreaking. :broken: I wish we could have seen ballroom dances from her as she really shone and was really amazing in those styles - like her Foxtrot, Waltz and Quickstep (esp. the DO version. Also wish she could have made the final as she was my 3rd favorite and did really enjoy her so a bummer that didn’t happen. :(

RTL9sU7Yuj0

Musicals Week Dances and Songs are out!

Alex & Neil: Samba to "Joyful Joyful" from Sister Act

Chris & Karen: Foxtrot to "Consider Yourself" from Oliver!

Emma & Anton: Charleston to "Thoroughly Modern Millie" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

Karim & Amy: Jive to "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray

Kelvin & Oti: American Smooth to "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast

Pretty good music this week. Looking forward to Emma's Charleston considering her musical theatre background. Karim's Jive should be great but yikes at getting an upbeat dance like Jive after Craig's critique slowing down about lack of emotion. Kelvin is perfect for Gaston, I'm most excited for him and Oti. I don't have high hopes for Alex and Chris but they'll probably be voted through no matter what, some people are really delusional about Alex's dance skills.