SCD Series 17 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

Saffron & AJ - Samba: 5/7/7/7 = 26

Ahh the Samba is such a tricky dance. I thought Saffron performed it well and was very bright and sunny with how she performed and looked like she was having a good time. Technically it was hit or miss. Some parts were good and some parts, she didn’t quite master with the footwork and bounce action. Sadly not the dance she needed to bounce back from the Bottom 2 - but it was better than Mollie’s and Lauren’s Samba, so hopefully she can get saved if she lands in the Bottom 2.

Ouch at the 5 from Craig but agree on the 7s. But ooof those scores….. she could very much be in danger of going.

Aww Tameka's back!

Not after scoring a 26.

Yeahh.

And oof think this was Saffron's 2nd lowest score. Yikes. >.

Karim & Amy Contemporary! :w00t:

Aww liking Karim's VT.

26? yikes. Bye girl :'( It's always SMH to me that they are so ready to give harsh scores to the women but where were these harsh people when Chris dances or when Mike did? :ermm:

Gahh, thinking this could be another case of a bad dance style taking another solid dance - like with Dev, Catherine, Emma W, Michelle.... and now possibly Saffron. >.

Karim & Amy - Contemporary: 9/9/10/10 = 38

Awww that was a really beautiful and stunning Contemporary from Karim. It did have a mixture of faster and softer movements and he had really great dancing + such fantastic technique. :omg: He really shone in that. Definitely a very dynamic and beautiful dance.

Hmmm Craig with the lacking an emotional connection. And ahh def no 10 from Craig here. :( It wasn’t an overly outright emotion kind of thing but I still felt and saw it. But oh…. shocked Craig & Motsi gave the same score. I get it from Motsi although also surprised she didn't give a 10 but was actually expecting Craig to give an 8..... so thank goodness he gave a 9.

Ooooh Alex Argentine Tango! Worried for her but hoping she does well here. :o

little reminder remember when the new judge gave Mike a 9? how was that the same level? :x

That was Motsi.... and yikes, don't want to think of that. :ph34r:

Alex & Neil - Argentine Tango: 4/7/7/8 = 26

Oooh yikes @ them getting tangled up at the end of the dance there. Not sure what happened there. Besides that, I thought Alex tried her best with a hard dance. I did liked the kicks, but i guess I can get that Alex was too tense and not really loose enough in the kicks and gauchos. I did like it and thought she performed well and got the characterization down really well. So at least Shirley commented on that and yea while Alex won’t be one of the very best dancers, I do think her performing/getting into different characters is improving.

LMAOO Motsi’s “you have to be tight in the bottom.” :lmao:

Hmmm thinking Alex could be in danger but judges comments were harder on her than Saffron, so she could benefit more from the sympathy vote. And aww congrats to her getting into the football hall-of-fame!

WOW these scores are all over the place. :dead: Agree with the 7s.

omg A 4? A 4? :lmao:

that 8 was not deserved but neither was the 4 so I kepe mute

Yeahh the 4 and 8 were not deserved.... but guess it balances out? A mix of 6's and 7's would have been fair.

Kelvin & Oti up next with the Street/Commercial. Aww Kelvin's dance being dedicated to his father.

Kelvin & Oti - Street: 8/10/10/10 = 38

Aww Kelvin’s dedication to his wife is super cute too. Aww their first kiss being with each other. :lol: I didn’t know what to expect with their Street Northern Soul inspired routine, but it was a very joyous, charming and really fun routine. It’s a very different style, but he performed/danced it really well and had great fun with it. :yes: Oooh and as usual, I especially loved the breakdown section in the middle of it. :D I think this can be on of those dances that grows on me the more I watch it.

Ooh so this is the dance Craig gives an 8 too. Wasnt expecting that. Ooh wow Karim & Kelvin are tied with a 38, as Alex & Saffron tied with 26.

Emma & Anton up next with Chris & Karen closing the show. Thinking this could be a great one for Emma.

We're not getting any 40s this season, are we?

I think we'll have to wait for a 40 in the semi-finals, probably. :yawn: Ugh Craig being so picky with these 10s. :ermm:

Emma B & Anton - Quickstep: 6/8/7/8 = 29

Ooh awww nice it was nice to see Davood there in Emma’s intro video! :D Emma did a great job channeling Marilyn Monroe in that dance. I thought she delivered a really good Quickstep for the most parts. A few parts looked like some mistakes and a bit off/shaky, which is a shame. But she was pretty good throughout most of it. It’s a shame of the mistakes as I thought this could have been a potentially amazing dance from her but wasn’t quite there. :closedeyes: Ooh and eek Emma’s dress rehearsal went amazingly too.

Omgg these comments of the judges wanting to see this dance again the way it should have been without the mistakes. It’s like they’re asking for her to be in the Dance-Off to re-do it.

I think those are fine scores. It was worth a mix of 7s and 8s….I’d probably be on the 8 side.

Chris & Karen Paso closing the show.

My stream keeps craishing, so I'm just relying on y'all to give me the updates.

As always! :D