SCD Series 17 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

While it hasn't been confirmed yet, this is the rumored line-up for the tour next year:

Mike, Chris, Kelvin, Karim

Catherine, Saffron, Alex

It's also rumored that Michelle wanted to do the tour however was cut, which is strange as I would have thought she'd have been a cert for the lineup if she was willing to do it. :unsure:

The winner is pretty much always on the tour, and I think the only winner not to have toured was Alesha - which was the time of the first SCD tour. No real surprises here, but makes the chances a little better for the people still in the competition.

Ooh the tour lineup doesn't surprise me and makes sense to me for the most part. The biggest surprise is Catherine doing the tour instead of Michelle. I’m happy Catherine is taking part in it though. Like you said, surprised Michelle isn't doing the tour unless she's really busy. It's obvious Emma B wouldn’t do the tour as she’s struggling juggling both Strictly + EastEnders.

But oops those are my thoughts assuming it's confirmed although it isn't yet. :lol:

Ooh so the tour lineup just got confirmed and it’s as reported but including Emma B instead of Chris. :o Like Wally said I’m really surprised about Emma because I would have guessed her EastEnders commitments would rule out.

Michelle has been sharing tweets this morning expressing her disappointment about not touring though so it seems like she put herself forward and then wasn’t chosen :unsure:

Ooh so the tour lineup just got confirmed and it’s as reported but including Emma B instead of Chris. :o Like Wally said I’m really surprised about Emma because I would have guessed her EastEnders commitments would rule out.

Michelle has been sharing tweets this morning expressing her disappointment about not touring though so it seems like she put herself forward and then wasn’t chosen :unsure:

That's rather surprising about Emma.... didn't expect her to do the tour but I'm sure she can handle it, as she's signed up.

Really shocking about Michelle not being on the tour, especially if she expressed interest on wanted to do the tour. Craig produces it and clearly loves her..... so i don't get it. :unsure: I would have thought she would have been busy with Drag Race filming or something at that time?

Ideally... even though I can't go to the tour and it makes no effect on me.... I would have chosen Michelle over Emma and Chris over Mike for the tour. :lol:

Christmas special pairings:

Chizzy & Graziano

Debbie & Kevin

Gemma & Gorka

Joe & Dianne

Mark & Janette

Richard & Luba

Yeah I think this is a likely Joe/Dianne win, but I could also see it being Debbie/Kevin or maybe Gemma/Gorka depending on their dance.

Really shocking about Michelle not being on the tour, especially if she expressed interest on wanted to do the tour. Craig produces it and clearly loves her..... so i don't get it. :unsure: I would have thought she would have been busy with Drag Race filming or something at that time?

Yeah that's what surprised me too because I thought Craig definitely would have wanted her on. I did think this too but I believe Drag Race doesn't usually film in the early months of the year so it's definitely strange. :unsure:

Time for some fun mid-week Youtube stats of the latest dances! :teehee:

SCD Series 17, Week 8 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Tuesday 11/12 @ 11:45 AM)

1. Saffron & AJ - Waltz: 444,094 views / 10,410 likes / 197 dislikes

2. Kelvin & Oti - Salsa: 158,244 views / 1,614 likes / 33 dislikes

3. Michelle & Giovanni - American Smooth: 109,866 views / 1,608 likes / 19 dislikes

4. Alex & Neil - Jive: 94,953 views / 1,229 likes / 20 dislikes

5. Emma B & Anton - Theater Jazz: 78,751 views / 760 likes / 28 dislikes

6. Karim & Amy - Viennese Waltz: 78,458 views / 902 likes / 20 dislikes

7. Chris & Karen - Tango: 57,366 views / 502 likes / 14 dislikes

8. Mike & Katya - Paso Doble: 43,877 views / 334 likes / 43 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Waltz

2. Kelvin & Oti - Salsa

3. Michelle & Giovanni - American Smooth

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Mike & Katya - Paso Doble

2. Chris & Karen - Tango

3. Emma B & Anton - Theater Jazz

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Waltz

2. Mike & Katya - Paso Doble

3. Kelvin & Oti - Salsa

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Chris & Karen - Tango

2. Michelle & Giovanni - American Smooth

3. Alex & Neil - Jive / Karim & Amy - Viennese Waltz

Week 9 Blackpool Songs & Dance Styles are revealed. :w00t: Posting....

Alex and Neil: Paso Doble to Run The World (Girls) by Beyoncé

Emma and Anton: American Smooth to Let's Face the Music and Dance by Ella Fitzgerald

Michelle and Giovanni: Couple's Choice: Street/Commercial to Vogue by Madonna

Saffron and AJ: Quickstep to Marvellous Party by Beverley Knight

Chris and Karen: Salsa to Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars

Karim and Amy: Charleston to Happy by C2C featuring Derek Martin

Kelvin and Oti: Jive to Jailhouse Rock from Smokey Joe’s Cafe

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedan...60-1ccb94dd2773

Thoughts:

Oooh I think this has potential to be an amazing Blackpool show.

- Alex dancing to Queen Bey, which f course Imma stan. Really looking forward to this as I never pictured a Paso to it.

- OMG Michelle with Vogue? She should totally slay this. I can see Gio and her pulling all the stops here.

- Kelvin and Karim both got great energetic styles and looking forward to their Jive and Charleston. Esp. think the Charleston will suit Karim and should be a great comeback for him.

- Not too sure how Chris will do with a Salsa but he's dancing to a song I absolutely loveee, so I'm sure i will enjoy this.

- Emma's dance should be fun and beautiful.... and yeah Anton's strength in the classic ballroom style should be really good.

- Saffron has been killing it and been amazing with ballroom, and i am sure she will continue that with a Quickstep.

So many potentially fantastic dances. Can't wait!

Christmas special pairings:

Chizzy & Graziano

Debbie & Kevin

Gemma & Gorka

Joe & Dianne

Mark & Janette

Richard & Luba

Yeah I think this is a likely Joe/Dianne win, but I could also see it being Debbie/Kevin or maybe Gemma/Gorka depending on their dance.

Yeah that's what surprised me too because I thought Craig definitely would have wanted her on. I did think this too but I believe Drag Race doesn't usually film in the early months of the year so it's definitely strange. :unsure:

Ooh i think I saw a lot of these pairings coming. Well I think 4 of them.

I like Chizzy & Graziano and think they would be a fun pairing. I can see her being so hilarious and bringing out his personality. Kevin is back getting the ringer/best dancer.... I see how it is. :giggle: Do like this Debbie/Kevin pairing. Gemma/Gorka will be cute to see dancing together. Obvious Joe & Dianne would be together but again would be cute seeing them together and I always enjoyed their partnership. :yes: Really surprised with Mark & Janette. I thought he would have gotten Nadiya or Luba. :o They should be fun though. Poor Luba getting Richard..... LOL JK. He's much better than James but still the weakest male of the lineup. And interesting how two real life couples are in this.

Thinking Joe & Dianne will win, but with it only being the studio audience voting, it could be up in the air with Joe/Debbie, I would think. Wouldn't count Gemma or Mark out. Esp. as Mark has 2-time Christmas champ in Janette. :*

And oh DR doesn't film early on the year? That makes this even more confusing.

Wow this is gonna be PERFECT for Michelle, seeing how she's a Madonna super-fan and also that she did voguing in the 80s/90s. I cannot wait to see!

Ooh i think I saw a lot of these pairings coming. Well I think 4 of them.

I like Chizzy & Graziano and think they would be a fun pairing. I can see her being so hilarious and bringing out his personality. Kevin is back getting the ringer/best dancer.... I see how it is. :giggle: Do like this Debbie/Kevin pairing. Gemma/Gorka will be cute to see dancing together. Obvious Joe & Dianne would be together but again would be cute seeing them together and I always enjoyed their partnership. :yes: Really surprised with Mark & Janette. I thought he would have gotten Nadiya or Luba. :o They should be fun though. Poor Luba getting Richard..... LOL JK. He's much better than James but still the weakest male of the lineup. And interesting how two real life couples are in this.

Thinking Joe & Dianne will win, but with it only being the studio audience voting, it could be up in the air with Joe/Debbie, I would think. Wouldn't count Gemma or Mark out. Esp. as Mark has 2-time Christmas champ in Janette. :*

And oh DR doesn't film early on the year? That makes this even more confusing.

Agree with pretty much all your thoughts here :haha: I was hoping for a Chizzy/Johannes pairing, but then I get why Graziano has a partner because he didn't get to dance with a partner this season... same with Gorka and Gemma but that one was definitely predictable.

I forgot Janette has 2 Christmas wins so that could be a good sign! :giggle:

Yeah I couldn't remember because DR films so many seasons, but I think usually it's in the summer & a bit before/after. I wasn't sure about looking to get tickets this year, but Michelle would have been my top person to see so I probably won't now. :/

Wow this is gonna be PERFECT for Michelle, seeing how she's a Madonna super-fan and also that she did voguing in the 80s/90s. I cannot wait to see!

Agree with pretty much all your thoughts here :haha: I was hoping for a Chizzy/Johannes pairing, but then I get why Graziano has a partner because he didn't get to dance with a partner this season... same with Gorka and Gemma but that one was definitely predictable.

I forgot Janette has 2 Christmas wins so that could be a good sign! :giggle:

Yeah I couldn't remember because DR films so many seasons, but I think usually it's in the summer & a bit before/after. I wasn't sure about looking to get tickets this year, but Michelle would have been my top person to see so I probably won't now. :/

Oooh I just read on that recently. Then on last night's ITT, Michelle said she was teaching Gio some voguing moves, soo yeah she wil definitely slay this dance!

Ooooh awww yeah I would have loved a Chizzy/Johannes pairing too, which I didn't think about. :o That would have been fun. Happy for Graziano and Gorka getting partners but a bit sad Nancy doesn't get to be on the special.

:giggle:

Oooh ahh ok i wasn't sure of when the DR filming happened since it seems to always be on. :dead::haha: Ugh so weird and I don't blame you if you decide on not wanting to go.

Going to do myy weekly recap of Youtube views post. :teehee:

SCD Series 17, Week 8 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Satuday 11/16 @ 12:40 PM)

1. Saffron & AJ - Waltz: 517,990 views / 11,268 likes / 213 dislikes

2. Kelvin & Oti - Salsa: 186,101 views / 1,774 likes / 36 dislikes

3. Michelle & Giovanni - American Smooth: 134,250 views / 1,883 likes / 24 dislikes

4. Alex & Neil - Jive: 119,569 views / 1,380 likes / 23 dislikes

5. Emma & Anton - Theater Jazz: 89,921 views / 806 likes / 32 dislikes

6. Karim & Amy - Viennese Waltz: 87,077 views / 973 likes / 22 dislikes

7. Chris & Karen - Tango: 63,253 views / 525 likes / 14 dislikes

8. Mike & Katya - Paso Doble: 47,943 views / 354 likes / 43 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Waltz

2. Michelle & Giovanni - American Smooth

3. Kelvin & Oti - Salsa

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Mike & Katya - Paso Doble

2. Chris & Karen - Tango

3. Emma B & Anton - Theater Jazz

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Waltz

2. Mike & Katya - Paso Doble

3. Kelvin & Oti - Salsa

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Chris & Karen - Tango

2. Karim & Amy - Viennese Waltz

3. Alex & Neil - Jive

About 50 minutes until the show! :w00t: Here's some of the looks of the couples. :o

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Lovee that Michelle is really into the whole Madonna Vogue look. And of course I'm here for Alex's Beyoncé inspired look. :wub: Ooh and I would assume those aren't actually Chris & Karen's outfits for their dance. :lol:

Michelle is going to kill us all. :wub:

Ooh for sure, especially if her look is an indication of it. :omg:

thanks wally.

Excited for the show! :w00t: Love Michelle going all out on that Madonna look too :wub:

Results tonight will be interesting. Chris is the main weak link left but guessing he's doing ok in votes too... but with the competition getting so tough and Michelle being the only person left to be in the B2 so far, I think it could be close all around. :o

Ooh also saw this via twitter with what looks like the running order: https://twitter.com/helbigsparkle/status/11...9522662400?s=19

chris

emma

alex

kelvin

saffron

michelle

karim

Not surprised with Chris opening up the show. He has a great song for a show opener. Then also expected Emma to have the death spot - with the slowest dance of the show. Surprised that Michelle isn't closing the show, really thought she would have. But this should mean Karim's dance is gonna be an amazing one, which I would expect anyway.

Excited for the show! :w00t: Love Michelle going all out on that Madonna look too :wub:

Results tonight will be interesting. Chris is the main weak link left but guessing he's doing ok in votes too... but with the competition getting so tough and Michelle being the only person left to be in the B2 so far, I think it could be close all around. :o

Oooh omgg yeah I'm super nervous with how the results are going to be. It's all really tight and close, and I feel like nearly anyone can be in danger. And yeah with Michelle being the only one to B2, there's gonna be some new Bottom 2 contenders. :shiver:

Before we see anything, I feel like Emma is most in danger but of course that can change.

Also Oti is stunning. :wub:

As always. :wub:

That was an amazing opening group routine! :omg: SOOO much was going on, I didn't know where to loo but it was so fast and entertaining! :dead::bobo:

OMG I was like "where was Motsi for the opening judges dancing bit?" And then she came in right after the finishing cue. :lmao:

Chris & Karen opening the show with the Salsa!

Chris & Karen - Salsa: 7/8/9/9 = 33

I’ve noticed Chris dances to so many songs I love and “Uptown Funk” is no exception. :bobo: That was a realy fun and entertaining dance from Chris, and he had so much fun with that. It didn’t really feel like a Salsa though. It felt more hip-hop/freestyle to me. So yeah I would have liked seeing more Salsa basics but he’s improving with the party Latin, danced well with the backing dancers and it was very fun. ^_^

Ooh didn’t expect those scores - mainly the 7 from Craig - but then again Blackpool dances are usually scored highly. :haha: I do expect the other celebs to score higher.

Emma & Anton up 2nd with the American Smooth.