SCD Series 17 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

I can only hope she goes after her Samba if Saffron got eliminated after hers :)

because that was bad

Saffron. :broken:

Lol I did enjoy Alex's Samba but yeah not really sure she can survive that now. And while I do really like her, I'll be at peace if she goes this weekend.

Ooh nice that Kelvin & Oti got a visit from Luke Evans! :w00t:

Kelvin & Oti - American Smooth: 9/10/10/10 = 39

Kelvin played a perfect Gatson, which is exactly what i would have expected from him! :w00t: He nails the character so well, but not only that the Viennese Waltz content was smooth and graceful….. even though it was really fast type of VW. He had a great frame + footwork. It had a great mix of acting/performance skills and ballroom dancing. OF COURSE Craig has to be super nitpicky regarding his musicality. :wacko: At least the other judges disagreed with him.

Ooh and Oti makes a beautiful Belle too.

OOH I also spotted Charles Venn sitting next to Faye too. :teehee:

Great scores but of course we knew Craig was gonna give a 9. :rolleyes: But yay this is Kelvin’s highest scoring ballroom dance!

Are we just not getting perfect 40s this season?

I think a 40 will come but Craig is gonna make us wait forever for it. :rolleyes: I can only hope Karim can get one tonight.

I am still mad he was in the bottom 2 after that flawless contemporary. :broken:

Ditto. :'(

I think a 40 will come but Craig is gonna make us wait forever for it. :rolleyes: I can only hope Karim can get one tonight.

It's absolutely awful because honestly Kelvin has done amazing this season and is not getting the credit he deserves. :| hopefully it'll be like Hannah where the judges nitpicked her but the public loved her :shiver:

All the other judges freaking out happy standing up and here is Craig with his resting B*ch face. :dead:

OMG WHOA Craig stood up and clapped for Karim! :omg: A 40 IS COMING! (!)

It's absolutely awful because honestly Kelvin has done amazing this season and is not getting the credit he deserves. :| hopefully it'll be like Hannah where the judges nitpicked her but the public loved her :shiver:

All the other judges freaking out happy standing up and here is Craig with his resting B*ch face. :dead:

I think/hope he's really popular with the public. And ugh yeah it's only really Craig that doesn't give Kelvin his proper credit and dues. :ermm:

Karim & Amy - Jive: 10/10/10/10 = 40

Whoaa, amazing SLAYAGE Jive from Karim! :omg: He absolutely nailed that dance. Sooo clean and precise on his kicks & ticks, great high energy, partnering skills with Amy - yet he managed to shine completely in that dance. Just when I thought that dance was going to end, Karim just kept it going and kicked it up to another level. I’m :dead: about it all.

LMAO Motsi “I can’t sit down” AND “Come to Mama” and giving him her 10! :dead: She cracks me the heck up. :roll:

FINALLY CRAIG! :spaz: Well done on that well deserved 40, Karim! :clap: SO happy for him and he better not land in that Bottom 2.

Poor Emma having to follow up THIS dance. :ph34r: Even though I have high hopes for this dance.

Kelvin and Karim are both fantastic all season long, I have enjoyed them making this season viewable. :wub::wub::wub:

It's weird to me that Emma, Alex, and Chris have yet to hit the bottom when you compare them to the amazing dances Kelvin/Karim are producing. It's insulting really.

Kelvin and Karim are both fantastic all season long, I have enjoyed them making this season viewable. :wub::wub::wub:

It's weird to me that Emma, Alex, and Chris have yet to hit the bottom when you compare them to the amazing dances Kelvin/Karim are producing. It's insulting really.

THIS.

Yeahh it's really strange. I can understand why all of them are popular with the public, as they are underdog types - well Alex and Chris are. And Emma is a good dancing Anton partner but i am amazed how none of them have landed in the Bottom 2 yet.

Emma B & Anton - Charleston: 9/10/10/10 = 39

Fantastic Charleston from Emma! :w00t: I thought that was definitely her best dance. WITH Emma having a Musical Theater background, I was expecting and hoping she would deliver the character of the dance and she did. And her dancing was her best all season. She’s really fantastic dancing the solo stuff and had great swivels in her footwork! Great dance!

Whoaa she got 3 10s. Amazing! I did think it was worthy of 9s and 10s, but still think Kelvin was a bit better.

My rankings:

1. Karim & Amy - Jive

2. Kelvin & Oti - American Smooth

3. Emma & Anton - Charleston

4. Alex & Neil - Samba

5. Chris & Karen - Foxtrot

The Top 3 delivered amazing/outstanding dances. I enjoyed 4-5 but their dances were def much lower in quality compared to the other three. Should be an Alex vs. Chris Bottom 2 with how the dances went, but they have proven to be very popular..... so this has me reallyyy scared. :shiver: I wouldn't be surprised if it's Alex vs. someone else other than Chris though. Also really worried a really high scorer in Karim/Kelvin/Emma could land in the Bottom 2, esp if Kelvin or Emma fans assume they are safe. But I do think Alex vs. Chris could go either way so hmm.

I am not sure who is going to be in the bottom this week, I mean clearly it needs to be Alex and Chris but they have the votes so I am expecting someone like Karim or Kelvin to be in the bottom with Alex. I don't see how she survives this week.

Watch her be safe just because I said that :dead:

My rankings are:

1. Karim & Amy - Jive

2. Kelvin & Oti - American Smooth

3. Emma & Anton - Charleston

4. Alex & Neil - Samba

5. Chris & Karen - Foxtrot

I have always wondered why they don't do 2 dances like the American version does when they get down to so little dancers? :">

It's honestly exhausting watching Alex every week, she's only good at Street and the actual Samba she did was really bad. This song wasn't even from the musical Sister Act, it was from the movie which is a movie with music, NOT a musical. The songs from Oliver!, Beauty and the Beast, Hairspray and Thoroughly Modern Millie were all from the stage versions.