SCD Series 17 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

The Strictly instagram posted camera blocking clips of the dances.

Most of the couples clips are up, except for Saffron & Alex. From the clips I saw, Kelvin's unsurpsingly looks like the standout. Michelle's looked really good. Karim was good, although there wasn't much in hold, and lookd like the start of the dance. Emma's looked good too. Chris was fine. Mike's looked the weakest but no surprise there.

On Yesterday's ITT, Neil wasn't yet confirmed to be dancing with Alex, but he will know + it should be announced if he dances tomorrow later on today. I do personally think he should sit out another week since Alex has the Jive, which I'd imagine would be demanding on his legs and calf.. But we'll see.

Gonna continue posting Youtube stats. :P

SCD Series 17, Week 7 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Saturday 11/9 @ 12:35 PM)

1. Saffron & AJ - Salsa: 446,994 views / 7,324 likes / 212 dislikes

2. Chris & Karen - Street: 175,474 views / 1,744 likes / 69 dislikes

3. Karim & Amy - Quickstep: 134,191 views / 2,173 likes / 25 dislikes

4. Kelvin & Oti - Viennese Waltz: 123,381 views / 1,272 likes / 22 dislikes

5. Michelle & Giovanni - Paso Doble: 124,548 views / 2,097 likes / 25 dislikes

6. Alex & Kevin - American Smooth: 95,857 views / 1,147 likes / 17 dislikes

7. Emma B & Anton - Rumba: 85,528 views / 779 likes / 31 dislikes

8. Mike & Katya - Charleston: 72,684 views / 533 likes / 130 dislikes

9. Emma W & Aljaz - Samba: 65,594 views / 525 likes / 24 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Salsa

2. Karim & Amy - Quickstep

3. Michelle & Giovanni - Paso Doble

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Emma W & Aljaz - Samba

2. Mike & Katya - Charleston

3. Emma B & Anton - Rumba

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Salsa

2. Mike & Katya - Charleston

3. Chris & Karen - Street

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Alex & Kevin - American Smooth

2. Kelvin & Oti - Viennese Waltz

3. Emma W & Aljaz - Samba

anyone still planning on posting during the show lol

Yeah I still plan on being around and posting. Show comes on at 6:50 UK time, so that's in about 55 minutes or so. I hope others will show up too. :lol:

I think I may need to start a new +/- routine game so we can keep that game going.

Some Behind the scenes and looks for tonight's show....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4pnbSwluKd/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4poPWEF-wL/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4pqx7SllYm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4pzS6jF2K1/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4pkrsrFToj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4plaSwAmYD/

Saffron's dress looks really beautiful.

Ooh and Neil is back and dancing with Alex! :D

I know the judges are braindead as we've seen, but really can't see any way Mike survives tonight. Unless they really push for him to make it to Blackpool, I think he's a cert for the bottom two and logically I just can't see him beating anyone.

I also don't want to see him match dance-off queen Jamelia's record of surviving four dance-offs :*

Most excited for Kelvin, Michelle, Karim and Emma tonight. :D

at this point these judges are going to over-score him so much to prove they were right, which LMAO they aren't

I know the judges are braindead as we've seen, but really can't see any way Mike survives tonight. Unless they really push for him to make it to Blackpool, I think he's a cert for the bottom two and logically I just can't see him beating anyone.

well they'd probably say him over Emma tbh. :x

I also don't want to see him match dance-off queen Jamelia's record of surviving four dance-offs :*

Most excited for Kelvin, Michelle, Karim and Emma tonight. :D

Ughh yeah I fear this.. Also wit this Top 8, Mike is the only one who has been in the Bottom 2 so it will be interesting to see who else lands there tonight. But yeah hoping whoever is down there and assuming Mike is there, hopefully he goes. I'm scared. :shiver: With his dance style tonight, I can't see it being good.

Ughh yeah I fear this.. Also wit this Top 8, Mike is the only one who has been in the Bottom 2 so it will be interesting to see who else lands there tonight. But yeah hoping whoever is down there and assuming Mike is there, hopefully he goes. I'm scared. :shiver: With his dance style tonight, I can't see it being good.

I was wondering this too r.e. who could land in the bottom 2. We still haven't really had any shock appearances there I don't think, other than Dev of course.

I am wondering if we may see any of Karim/Michelle/Saffron down there soon.. I think along with Kelvin they're the most likely finalists, but with only 3 slots it'll be interesting to see who of them might be doing better/worse in votes. >.<

Alex & Kevin - Jive: 7/8/8/8 = 31

Really cute and fun Jive from Alex. I thought she had some good technique and looked light on her feet and had fun with the dance. The kicks & flicks could have been a bit sharper but a very good dance!

Really good scores there! Think it was worth a mix of 7's and 8's.

Ooh I think I saw Kimberley Walsh in the audience?! :wub:

Mike & Katya's Paso up next. OMG Finally they put Mike on early and he's in the 2nd death slot. :shifty:

Mike & Katya - Paso Doble: 5/7/7/6 = 25

Ugh they wasted such a great Paso song on Mike, tbh. :ermm: Hmm Mike….. tried? That was quite a weird Paso Doble - where he was really stiff and awkward and was lacking the Spanish lines and shaping needed for the Paso. Also i found it kinda boring too? Katya does well adding in some memorable moves, as she did with that last move. But even that was not enough to save Mike’s dancing. Agreed it was rigid and lacked flow.

Judges finally being hard…. so hopefully he lands in the Bottom 2 and they can let him go tonight.

Why is Motsi out here lying saying that was a great Paso? :ermm: Ughh she’s starting to lose me and that makes me sad because I love Oti and want to love her. :'(

omggg 7’s? :| These judges are too much. :|

Karim & Amy Viennese Waltz up 3rd.

Karim & Amy - Viennese Waltz: 6/8/8/8 = 30

A really nice Viennese Waltz from Karim. Aww i thought it was pretty good but he was saying how difficult of a time he had learning the VW. He was definitely great in the solo parts where he showcased great fluidity in his arms and hand placements. Some of the footwork seemed not his strongest.

Aww ugh it’s a bummer about the mistakes that Craig picked up on…..I didn’t really see them that closely but I know it wasn’t his strongest. But I still liked it and thought it was good - but was his weakest ballroom.

Ugh already nervous that Karim could B2. >.

Chris & Karen Tango up now. Curious to see how he tackles a serious dance. :o