What songs do you think the contestants should consider covering for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame night?

Winterfan

53 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Kayko was likely told no 'cause he isn't a producer favourite. I reckon if it was one of the more popular female contestants or Triston making that request that they'd agree to it.

The producers want a girl winning this season, but if Triston happens to be a force that can't be defeated, they won't fight back on that. Triston is probably the only male winner they'd be okay with.

While I agree that the producers want a girl winning this season (so do I), I suspect that it’s more likely that changing the lyrics just wasn’t allowed.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Changing the lyrics to a classic song would be a negative thing imo, so I feel like producers would want him to do that if they wanted him out?

I agree they want a girl but not sure this is a strong point lol.

What I mean is that if someone is a producer favourite that person can get away with anything like Clay Aiken singing the same song as Josh Gracin.

While I know it might be extremely risky to cover, especially given what a great job Candice Glover did covering it during Season 12, I wouldn't mind it if one of the contestants were to sing Lovesong by The Cure. Friday I'm in Love might be a better song for someone to possibly cover, though. I also wouldn't mind hearing another cover of Nothing Compares 2 U by Prince and I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders, although I would prefer it if a male could possibly sing I'll Stand by You instead of a female. I have a feeling Triston might cover something like Blaze Of Glory by Bon Jovi, but I wish he would consider covering something a little bit more unexpected than that, like the Dolly Parton version of I Will Always Love You. And finally, even though it's been covered way too much for my liking before, I wouldn't entirely hate it if McKenna were to cover The Chain by Fleetwood Mac.

Posted (edited)

A few more songs I think Abi might do a good job covering are I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick, Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day and Blackbird by The Beatles.

Edited by Winterfan

Fleetwood Mac for Mckenna - also Sheryl Crow. The minute I heard her sing I immediately thought of Sheryl Crow. I can see her do most Sheryl hits well, from I Shall Believe and My Favorite Mistake to the rock-ish ones like You’re an Original. 

Mckenna:
1. Love is A Losing Game by Amy Winehouse
2. That's the way Love Goes by Janet Jackson
3. Love Of My Life by Queen
Jack:
1. Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel
2. Maggie May by Rod Stewart
3. Don't Be Cruel by Elvis Presley
Mia:
1. Jolene by Dolly Parton
2. You've Got A Friend by Dionne Warrick
3. This Used to be My Playground by Madonna
Kayko:
1. In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel
2. Losing My Religion by REM
3. One by U2
Will:
1. Whipping Post by the Allman Brother's
2. Walk the Line by Johnny Cash
3. Come Together by the Beatles
Abi:
1. With a Little Help from My Friends by Joe Cocker
2. New York State of Mind by Billy Joel
3. Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me by Elton John
Kabriane:
1. Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin
2. Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Rait
3. I Love Rock & Roll by Joan Jett
Emmy:
1. I Have A Dream by Abba
2. Will You Love Me Tomorrow by the Shirlees
3. For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield
Julia:
1. Love without the Heartbreak by Mary J Blige
2. In the Still of the Night by The Five Satins
3. Landslide by Stevie Knicks
Triston:
1. Always On My Mind by Willie Nelson
2. Your Song by Elton John
3. I'll Be there For You by Bon Jovi
4. Fire and Rain by James Taylor
Janya:
1. when Doves cry by prince
2. we Don't need another hero by tina turner
Jordan:
1. After Midnight by Eric Clapton
Nya:
1. At Last by Etta James
Roman:
1. House of the Rising Sun by the Animals
2. Man in the mirror by Micael Jacokson
3. Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbinson
4. Yesterday by the Beatles

Posted (edited)

I think some songs that could be interesting for Kayko to cover are Creep by Radiohead, Everybody Hurts by R.E.M., Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles and Just Like Heaven by The Cure. And I think I'd rather hear McKenna cover Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles instead of Abi, should one of them decide to sing that song. McKenna might also sound good singing Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield or Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles.

Edited by Winterfan