2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Lily’s Battle Posted)

Alex95

11574934.png?crop=2000,1050,x0,y110

Tiffany “New York” Pollard | House of Villains

Here I was thinking that Tiffany would be an easy save from my group of nominees and you all did her dirty. Tiffany is the original HBIC and one of the very first reality “stars” in the game. All the other people in this rankdown need to bow down and kiss her feet for being iconic and showing them that a lasting career in reality television can actually happen. Tiffany only lasted two episodes during her stint on House of Villains but she made a huge impact. Her monologue to Omarosa will go down in history as one of the most satisfying and iconic moments from any television show. These newbies want to watch and study her if they want to be an icon. Tiffany only lasting two episodes and being the star of the whole season? It just feels right.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:14 AM, Zoey said:

dee-valladares-header.jpg
Dee Valladares | Survivor

Dee Valladares is the winner of the forty fifth season of Survivor. I liked Dee and I can see why people enjoyed her but she really wouldn’t rank in the top half of the winners if I was to rank them all. Dee was absolutely fine throughout the game and set herself up to be in a good spot very early on but I never found her to have much personality. Maybe she does but because she was never really in danger she didn’t have to scramble or give us too much. She was almost robotic with the editing of the show. Then she had the showmance with Austin and he was one of the most boring castings the show had ever had. The underdogs like Katurah, Jake, Julie and Emily were far more likeable because we got to see different sides of them and see their fight. She won two individual immunities throughout the season and won by a vote of five to three to zero. I don’t dislike Dee, but I think this is far enough for her.

Can I just use this again since it’s word for word what I’d write again? :haha:

Damian McGinty & Kylee Vincent (DWTS Ireland) and Kylee Russell (Paradise) have now been eliminated. Anyone who wants to do their writeups is free to do so. If no one volunteers, I'll bullshit them later when I have time.

Cycle 12 - Cut or Save

ts548?wid=800&fmt=jpeg&qlt=85,1&pscan=auto&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1,0.65,6,0 fetch?id=560196&d=1628358200

For this cycle you will only have one action to do each round. A cut or a save. When it's your turn to nominate, you will nominate 8 reality stars. The other eight rankers will either cut or save. Four of your fellow rankers will cut, and four will save. The rankers who are an odd number of spots after you in the nominating order will be cutters. The rankers who are an even number of spots from you in the nominating order will be savers.

However, I know how dangerous it is not to get a save this close to the end of the game. So as your gracious host, I will be giving you each an immunity per round on rounds you are not saving and just cutting. Here's how it works. Before the person nominates, you will each pick a reality star to give immunity to that they cannot nominate. Each reality star can only be chosen once by you for immunity, so make sure to tailor your choice to the nominator. Once the four immunity choices are in, then the nominator can nominate.

Ql8BqKP.png

So @jarmon is first to nominate 8 reality stars. @Steven_ @Solaris @*Wallace and @FrogLenzen are cutters. @*Chris @*Lily @*Diana @Zoey are savers. The four cutters will now each post an immunity pick. Those four immunity choices will then be off the table and Akshar cannot nominate them. But you also cannot give them immunity again for the rest of the cycle. They can still be given immunity by other rankers. And you're free to save them still as well! You just can't give them immunity again.

If anyone has any questions let me know!

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Cycle 12 Posted)

Kylee Russell (Bachelor in Paradise Season 9)

46506240e958cfe5ed9aa2ff48b34629
Ugh Randomizer, why couldn't you have put Merceds up instead of Kylee? :dead: I love both but I felt like Kylee was the standout star on Bachelor in Paradise and she was my favorite on there so I was hoping for her to get the win there. :broken: I know I could have saved Kylee to achieve that goal - but I just don't know if it was quite worth it to lose Monay or even Damian & Kylee. Those were the three I was stuck between saving and I knew two of them would have gone, sadly. :broken:  But I did manage to have Kylie's BIP entry outrank her The Bachelor entry AND she made it to the Top 100, so those are two major goals accomplished and I'm happy with that! ❤️ 

Let's really talk about Kylee now. Kylee Russell is a 25 year old Postpartum Nurse from Charlotte, North Carolina. Kylee originally made her Bachelor Nation debut on Zach's season of The Bachelor, in which I did an in depth write-up for her a little while ago.  Kylee didn't find love with Zach, so she was invited and participated on Bachelor in Paradise. I thought Kylee was more of a standout star here and she lasted nearly the entire run of the show. Kylee entered the show on Day 1. She had a reallly short and quick ~connection with Will Urena. Lol Will was into Kylee and Olivia, but chose to go on his date with Kylee. He was very much into Kylee. But lol Kylee kinda played him and used him as a placeholder - more or less. :ph34rwave: Kylee's eyes were really set on Aven Jones, whom she was really waiting for to show up on Paradise.  

Lo and behold, the Bachelor Nation Gods work really hard as Aven showed up in Paradise... can't remember which day it was. Day 2 or Day 3? Thinking Day 3. Kylee was really head over heels for Aven. I think they chatted through Instagram or maybe she just followed him and was interested in getting to know him? Aven took Kylee out for his first date on the show. They pretty much stuck together through the whole duration of the show. I thought they had a pretty strong and solid relationship on the show. They were building up foundations for their relationship and had a lot of sweet/cute moments. They were also my favorite couple and the couple I was most rooting for/invested in. As things got down to the end of it, there were signs that it did seem like Kylee was much more into Aven. This really showed up when it came to decision time on the season finale of whether they would get engaged on the show or if they would break up and go their own ways. Kylee really wanted an engagement while Aven wasn't ready to get engaged and just wanted to explore things on the outside. I do understand both of their viewpoints.  I guess we can say they finished ~3rd place, as they left the show as a couple in a relationship.

I was hoping and wishing the best for Kylee & Aven on the outside world, as they were my favorite couple on the show. Sadly, things did not go as well as they could/should have gone. There were cheating allegations from Aven and he openly admitted to messing things up (which I wrote about in his write-up earlier this game). So that was just UGH and frustrating. I felt so bad for Kylee, as she's smart, fun, gorgeous and deserves so much better than that! I'm not sure if we'll see her on another season of Bachelor in Paradise or not but I do hope she finds love with a man who deserves to be her. ❤️  But yeah I am reallly happy and pleased to get Kylee to the Top 88 portion of this game. I wish she could have won for the season but getting her this far is a win enough for me! 

9 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I trust Wally to get the writeups in today as he said, so I’m gonna post the next cycle now while I’m still at my laptop.

Ah yes, working on them now. Will work on Damian/Kylee's in a bit.

Ooh and just saw the Tiffany "New York" write-up! Queen of reality TV. :wub: She was such a star on House of Villains as she always is. But ughhh she got rudely robbed on that show by Bananas putting her up and Corinne betraying her. :/ Though I think she lasted 4 episodes (instead of 2) as the early part of the season/eliminations ran really long. :haha: I wouldn't have minded New York outlasting Tanisha and placing in the Top 2 for that show, but a Top 100 placement / 3rd place for that show, despite being an early boot, I'll still take it. Can't wait to see her on Season 2, in which I hope she'll last longer there.

Just now, Solaris said:

Is there a way for us to know which rounds we will be cutting/saving in? Not sure I understand.

Yeah it’s odds away in the nominating order your cutting, evens your savings. So you personally are cutting on Akshar, Chris, Wally, and Derek and saving on Steven, Lily, Diana and Zoey.

• Thanks 1

Damian McGinty & Kylee Vincent (Dancing with the Stars Ireland)

3379622_22_articlemedium_Damian_20McGint

Ah as I mentioned earlier, I was stuck between three options to save and I knew whichever two I didn't save that they would go. Sadly Damian & Kylee were one of those picks. I did make more or less a stragetic pick here with letting Damian & Kylee. I actually wouldn't have minded or been against them winning for DWTSIrl. But I do prefer Brooke & Robert a little more, and feel like most of IDFers that watch this season does as well, so I might as well take this time to secure that win for Brooke & Robert. But I am still veryy happy for Damian & Kylee getting this far!

Damian McGinty is a singer and actor, best known for his role as Rory Flanagan on Glee. And before that, Damian was on The Glee Project where he won that show.  I feel like a lot of us know Damian from Glee. I remember being SHOOK by his casting because I NEVER know who any of the celebs are when they sign up for DWTS Ireland. :dead: I think this was a first for me, so yay! Anywho, Damian was partnered with Kylee Vincent. This would be Kylee's third season on the show and she was finally blessed and gifted with a dancer with potential in Damian.  

Damian started off... decently with his first two dances, which were the Tango to "Shivers" and Salsa to "Acapulco." Both of these dances scored a 21. They were nice dances to start off with. I thought his Tango was the better dance of the two. His Salsa was fun but a little sticky and awkward - would have thrown in a/some 6s in there. Damian did step it up after that with his next dance, which was a Viennese Waltz to "All for You." This was a very beautiful dance, which scored all 8s for a 24! He had an even better dance on Week 4's Movie Night with his Elvis inspired Jive to "Burning Love." I loved this dance and thought this was a great and fun dance from Damian. This earned him all 8s for a total of 24. I think he had the best dance of the week (or at least my favorite dance that night). 

Damian had a step back with his Quickstep to "She's So Lovely." I can hardly remember this dance, tbh. I feel bad about that but ah well. This dance scored a 7/7/8 for a total of 22. I'd say this was probably his 3rd weakest dance. But Damian really stepped it up and would become a top frontrunner going forward. On Week 6's Dedicated Dance Week, Damian & Kylee performed a Contemporary Ballroom to "Forever Young." This dance was dedicated to his friends from Glee and Heather Morris even got to chat with Damian via skype video, which was cool. This was a really beautiful, moving and powerful dance. Loved this from Damian. The following week, Damian performed a Charleston to "No Swinggity"! Ahhh I absolutely LOVED this dance so much. This dance was so fun, exciting, animated and Damian really showed off his performance/dancing skills so well here. This dance got a 9/10/10 for a total of 29 here! 

On Week 8's Orchestra Week, Damian & Kylee continued their string of really strong dances with a Paso Doble to the Guns N' Roses classic, "Sweet Child o' Mine." Loved this dance and thought this was also a really great dance from Damian! It was a strong, powerful Paso and he had great Paso shaping and partner work here. He scored a 9/9/10 for a total of 28 here. On the semi-final, Damian did disappoint a little bit with his Foxtrot to "Don't Let the Light Go Out," which scored a 8/8/9 for a 25 total. This was a good and solid dance but not as amazing or standout as his previous 3 dances. His team dance was with Brooke & Robert and Panti & Denys, where they were the "Hand-Clap Hustlers" and they scored a 28. This was... shocking, as this team had 3 of the 4 stronger dancers in it. But judges like to be silly with their scores sometimes. I was worried for Damian this week but luckily he avoided the Bottom 2 (but sadly Brooke and Panti did instead :broken: ). 

On the Week 10 semi-final, which was Fairy Tales week, Damian & Kylee danced a Rumba to Shakespears Sister's "Stay," where their routine was inspired by Sleeping Beauty. This was another really strong and beautiful dance from Damian. Another one of my favorites of his! He scored a 9/10/10 for a total of 29. I'm pretty sure that had to have been the highest male scoring Rumba on DWTS Ireland. Damian had an absolute killer and smashing night on the final! The judges chose his "Forever Young" Contemporary Ballroom for him to re-do. This time, this dance was even better the second time around and he got a perfect 30 for it! Then Damian closed the series with his entertaining Broadway inspired Showdance routine to "Take a Look At Us Now," which scored him another perfect 30!  

I felt pretty sure and confident that Damian & Kylee were going to win. I was hoping for it as I didn't think Brooke or Suzanne had a chance of winning - but of course Ireland disappoints us and NONE of them won it. The weakest dancer by far, Carl Mullan, ended up winning. I know he was really popular but I did not get or agree with that. :wacko: Oh well, I am glad that we got to change that up in this rankdown. I'm so happy with Damian & Kylee getting this far and having TWO DWTS Ireland couples make it to the Top 100! That's one more than last time, sooo that's a win for me!  :wub: I'll post a few of my favorite dances of theirs in case anyone is interested in checking them out (if they haven't seen them before).

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Akshar's Noms Next)

Kelly Clarkson Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Dotun Olubeko (The Bachelorette)

Melinda Verga (CDR4)

Tanya Manhenga (Love Island S9)

Zara Lackenby-Brown (Love Island S9)

Pentatonix "California Rolls" (TMS 9)

Yamil "Yam Yam" Arocho (Survivor 44)

Luxx Noir London (RPDR 15)

Kate Butch (RPDRUK5)

Kelly Clarkson Your Opinion GIF by The Voice