Abi Carter & K.B. Richins in violation of the rules?

11 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

To each their own.

Yeah, to each their own.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Abi has the early lead in views. 

Abi 170

Kaibrienne 148

Blake 120 

I’ll check again later. 

Oh wow!  This is great!

57 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Yeah, to each their own.

Oh wow!  This is great!

Bear in mind, Blake didn’t spend much time online last night, while Abi and Kaibrienne were on there for hours, posting like crazy and doing livestreams. All of them have the same link in their bio, and the YouTube stream is at the top when you click the link. It will be interesting to see where it’s at when the dust settles. I fully expect Blake to have better Spotify numbers, since he already has a following on there. 

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Abi has the early lead in views. 

Abi 170

Kaibrienne 148

Blake 120 

I’ll check again later. 

Now, it’s:

Blake 502 views 

Abby 475 views 

Kaibrienne 335 views 

We’ll see what Spotify looks like in a couple days. My expectations are pretty low. Blake has over 50K monthly listeners, so he’ll get some from that. 

11 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I listened to all 3 of their songs. If I was to rank the songs I would put them in this order. KB > Blake > Abi. 

And I'd rank them in this order:  Abi > Blake > K.B.  As you said, to each their own.

Listened to all three songs. I thought Abi’s single was a pretty good modern pop song. She’s definitely going for that Olivia Rodrigo/Lizzy McAlpine singer songwriter pop girlie sound but her voice gives it her own personal stamp.

I thought K.B.’s was kinda meh? Sounds like it means a lot to her but it doesn’t really have anything to make it stand out amongst the indie pop ballad crowd. Weird choice for a first single.

Blake’s single is very not much my thing so I can’t comment fairly on it but for all it’s worth, it sounds like it could be a hit.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Confused 1

Here are the day 1 Spotify numbers for all three singles. 

“Closure” Blake Proehl - 4505 plays

”Girl I Am Now” Kaibrienne - 2784 plays

”It’s All Love” Abi Carter - 2417 plays

Abi and Kaibrienne both had zero monthly listeners yesterday. They now have: 

Abi: 994

Kaibrienne: 864

I’m actually a little surprised KB did better than Abi on Spotify. Abi had more day 1 listeners, but more went back to KB’s for multiple listens. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Here are the day 1 Spotify numbers for all three singles. 

“Closure” Blake Proehl - 4505 plays

”Girl I Am Now” Kaibrienne - 2784 plays

”It’s All Love” Abi Carter - 2417 plays

Abi and Kaibrienne both had zero monthly listeners yesterday. They now have: 

Abi: 994

Kaibrienne: 864

I’m actually a little surprised KB did better than Abi on Spotify. Abi had more day 1 listeners, but more went back to KB’s for multiple listens. 

the gap isnt really worth noting anything tbh, maybe if they released their songs after their idol journeys have ended it'll be a bit more indicative

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

the gap isnt really worth noting anything tbh, maybe if they released their songs after their idol journeys have ended it'll be a bit more indicative

Abi has a much bigger IG following than KB, and has gotten 10X the pimping. She’s already been proclaimed the winner. They all have the same links in their bio. That said, none of the numbers are very good. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Curious to see what type of playlists these songs end up on. If they are to have any significant impact their label is going to have to get them on the good playlists. 

I wouldn’t count on that from this low budget label they’re with. They need to have influence to get on good playlists. There’s been almost zero publicity around these releases, other than what they’ve done themselves on their social media accounts. They’ve actually put in a decent effort in that regard.  

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I wouldn’t count on that from this low budget label they’re with. They need to have influence to get on good playlists. There’s been almost zero publicity around these releases, other than what they’ve done themselves on their social media accounts. They’ve actually put in a decent effort in that regard.  

I wouldn't expect them to be able to get them on the top playlists because that's not reasonable at this stage in their careers. But if they can't get them on anything then they would have been better off on their own.