AI22 Semi-Finals (Top 24) Pimp Spots & Performance Order

Idol Maniac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s two pimp spots in a row for Abi, right? I guess we know who the TCO is. 

Why do they make it so obvious? 

I have to agree that Abi is probably TCO, which is a good thing for me since she's one of my favorites.

55 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s two pimp spots in a row for Abi, right? I guess we know who the TCO is. 

Why do they make it so obvious? 

AI is famous for that. Ian was pimped more last year then I have ever seen anyone pimped on any show before.

She also strikes me as someone who would need massive pimping to get the W, and it still might not be enough.  This is more about the audience and their voting history than her. I think she’s good. 

14 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

AI is famous for that. Ian was pimped more last year then I have ever seen anyone pimped on any show before.

He was pushed more for his backstory - which Idol took advantage of - and not necessarily in a good way.

The problem is that the so-called early front runner often stumbles.

31 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She also strikes me as someone who would need massive pimping to get the W, and it still might not be enough.  This is more about the audience and their voting history than her. I think she’s good. 

Yeah she's not the type of person the AI audience tends to support. So while the pimping will get her to a certain point (maybe like top 10) it's probably going to be tough for her after that.

It's a tough situation tbhhh. I think TPTB have realized that in order to get a female winner, heavy pimping will need to be involved. At the same time though, women are held to higher standards on Idol and overexposure leads to more criticism and backlash. 

I do think Abi can win (especially if she dabbles into Christian Contemporary like she is doing for Top 24). It's just going to be an uphill battle regardless for any woman to win.

• Idol Maniac changed the title to AI22 Semi-Finals (Top 24) Pimp Spots & Performance Order

McKenna & Will get the best spots in G1 with Jordan and Hailey getting the worst spots. Triston & Jack(odd choice) getting the best spots in  G2 with Elleigh & Mackenzie getting the two worst spots. I think Mackenzie and Hailey can over come those spots but that is going to make life even harder for Jordan & Elleigh for sure.

the fact that they are actually making an effort to pimp Triston makes me question if he can win. i have a feeling the producers/judges will hype him up beyond his abilities. with the amount of live shows we have this season, his inexperience and flaws are bound to be exposed. all three of the country winners in the ABC era (Laine, Noah, Chayce) were no where near as pimped as Triston will be. the WGWG's (or just GWG's in this case) tend to do better when they are viewed as underdogs, rather than frontrunners. 

I think Hailey's stock continues to go down with that performance slot, but it will depend on performances between her, Jayna, Jordan, and Quintavious. I think Nya has a strong song choice and will deliver a good enough performance to make it. 

For Group 2 I'm still locked in on Elleigh and K-Blocks.

Edited by m1key

Just for fun, here are the elimination spots for the past 3 seasons in Hawaii. 

S21:

Group 1: 1/13, 5/13, 8/13

Group 2: 1/13, 6/13, 9/13

S20: 

Group 1: 4/12, 6/12

Group 2: 2/12, Kenedi was in the 4 spot, and probably would have made it. 

S19:

Group 1: 5/12, 6/12, 9/12, 10/12

Group 2: 1/12, 4/12, 5/12, 8/12

The 3 spot has been safe all three seasons. Great news for Hailey! :haha:

The opener has been eliminated 50% of the time. 

The #5 spot has also been eliminated 50% of the time. The #6 and #8 spots look scary too. 

The last two spots are locks. 

The mean elimination spot is 5.35. 

Edited by TeamAudra

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Group 2: 2/12, Kenedi was in the 4 spot, and probably would have made it. 

In real life Kenedi had the pimp spot but they re-edited it after she dropped out

19 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I think both 5 spots are safe this time around.

How about the 8 spots? 😬 

I’m not sure this enough data, but there does seem to be something to: 

a) opening 

b) being bunched up somewhere toward the middle of the episode 

Edited by TeamAudra

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How about the 8 spots? 😬 

I’m not sure this enough data, but there does seem to be something to: 

a) opening 

b) being bunched up somewhere toward the middle of the episode 

The 8th spots could both go.