Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

I've seen all the Walt Disney Animated Studios releases which includes Saludos Amigos, 3 Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Fun Fancy Free, Melody Time, Ichabod/Toad. And I'm definitely on record as an ENEMY of Bongo

Born to Play

Alex is right. We did Incredibles dirty. This is a jazz song from the Pixar Soul movie and it has no lyrics or really even a melody for a lot of it lol. But it's still a banger! But it doesn't have that iconic hook that would make you think DISNEY when you hear it. The music for this movie was done by Jon Batiste, whom you may remember from when he won the Album of the Year Grammy in 2022. Well guess what, Mimi? He also got an Academy Award for the score of this movie. Note that he won for score and not song, because, as I mentioned, there's not like a THEME SONG of the movie, it's a wonderful chaotic jazz improv fun blur of beautiful music instead. So it's nice to have this in the game to acknowledge that but I feel fine cutting it at this point.

Save When Can I See You Again

Loyal Brave and True

Christina makes her Mulan return for the live action movie! The live action songs are an endangered species around here and I'm happy to contribute to open season on them. The live action Mulan wasn't a musical to my knowledge, but I've never seen it so I can't confirm or deny. I respect them do a remake and trying to do something different with it, as opposed to a shot-for-shot remake. But from what I understand this movie suffered from other problems instead. Oh well. Anyway, I can't tell you where this fit in with the movie and what was happening with the plot or credits when this played but we do love Christina so I'm not going to pretend it's a bad song in general.

Save In Summer

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

I've seen all the Walt Disney Animated Studios releases which includes Saludos Amigos, 3 Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Fun Fancy Free, Melody Time, Ichabod/Toad. And I'm definitely on record as an ENEMY of Bongo

Should amend my statement as watched and not an enemy of Bongo 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

REMAINING

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum (Fun and Fancy Free)

The Sword in the Stone (The Sword in the Stone)

On the Open Road (A Goofy Movie)

When I Am Older (Frozen II)

At All Costs (Wish)

A Wish Worth Making (Wish)

We Belong Together (Toy Story 3)

Carried Me with You (Onward)

Steal the Show (Elemental)

Start of Something New (High School Musical)

When There Was Me And You (High School Musical)

What Time Is It? (High School Musical 2)

"A WISH WORTH MAKING"
(WISH)

b830c29e4da26e378e3b15279a8781a985e9885c.gif

As stated before, I have yet to see "Wish," and if a song from the movie does not feature Ariana DeBose, it's fair game to cut it. This song is performed by Julia Michaels, who is one of the songwriters of the soundtrack for the film. Remember when Julia Michaels was seen as the next big thing by some people, but her success kinda went nowhere? I always thought she was somewhat basic as a singer-songwriter, and I have the same feeling with this pop ballad that is featured in the end credits of the movie. Again, I cannot confirm if this song fits the storyline of the film, but watching the music video, it seems that it was mainly a song written to celebrate Disney 100. Oh, I also think the song would probably have been better sung by a power vocalist to really hit those notes with the climax they have in the song. Overall, it's an okay song, and I am good with cutting it from the rankdown considering the other songs nominated.

SAVING: WHEN I'M OLDER

"ON THE ROAD"

(A GOOFY MOVIE)

tumblr_mu1mkqHA8f1rm146oo3_400.gif

Out of the nominated / remaining songs, "On The Road" is the one that I am the least attached to, and therefore, I am cutting it from the rankdown. On top of not being super passionate about the song, I can't really say that I am also passionate about "A Goofy Movie" - I think I've only seen it once in my life and wouldn't be able to tell you what the movie is about.  I am being told by Disney Wiki that this song was the third song in the film, and it is sung by Max and Goofy during a road trip. The song itself is catchy to a degree, but I am not really a fan of the singing being featured in the song. And it doesn't really hold up to "Stand Out," which is like the only song I know from the movie, and it's the standard that I have when it comes to songs from "A Goofy Movie". 

SAVING: CARRIED ME WITH YOU

REMAINING

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum (Fun and Fancy Free)

The Sword in the Stone (The Sword in the Stone)

At All Costs (Wish)

Steal the Show (Elemental)

Start of Something New (High School Musical)

When There Was Me And You (High School Musical)

What Time Is It? (High School Musical 2)

@Elliott @erik g, due to the repeated missed deadlines, let me know if you still want to be part of this rankdown or if you prefer to bow out. 

Steal the Show

Well, I was today year's old when I found out that Lauv had a song from Elemental. "Steal the Show" is from the 2023 Pixar animated romantic comedy-drama film, Elemental. I must say that I'm feeling a certain kind of way of Lauv's song outlasting songs from superstars like Kelly, Beyonce, Shakira, Mariah, Taylor and more, but well done to him having his song outlast all of theirs. Probably a shocker but I haven't gotten to see  Elemental but it looks really cute and the previews always caught my attention. I was definitely intrigued by it and yeah would like to see it at some point. I never really heard "Steal the Show" but it's cool. It's fine. It's what I would expect a Lauv song to sound. It has a midtempo cool, pop/R&B feel to it. But it kinda stays on the same level so for that it kinda gets boring as the song grabs along? But the scene is really cute with Ember Lumen (Fire character) and Wade Ripple (Water character), especially with Water trying to  show off his dance moves to impress Fire. :haha:

Saving: When There Was Me And You 

Just now, totes4totes said:

save: Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum (Fun and Fancy Free)

save: The Sword in the Stone (The Sword in the Stone)\c

cut:

other hsm song

the other HSM song being cut is: Start of Something New (High School Musical)

We Belong Together

I have watched Toy Story 3 three times, all within the year it came out. I have not watched it more than that because every time I see it I have a full emotional breakdown. Literally the first time I saw it I sobbed for like 15 minutes after and my mom (cool lady I swear) thought it was hilarious to make me cry in the Kohl's after while shopping for my dad's Father Day present. I then saw it in theaters again with friends and thought since I had my full sobbing breakdown the first time it wouldn't happen again but I should have known better because I cried A LOT again. And then the third time I watched it as a double feature with up with a different set of friends because apparently I am a masochist for emotions! Anyway, I say all that to show how much I enjoy Toy Story 3 and the emotional impact it left on me. Because I have no idea what this song is. It's certainly no "You've Got a Friend in Me" or "When She Loved Me" that's for sure!

Saving: Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum (Fun and Fancy Free)

Star of Something New (High School Musical)

As you know I am obsessed with HSM, but there's too much of an earnestness in the duets between Troy and Gabriella that don't match the camp of the rest of the songs. They tend to all kind of be the same song. And some of the most boring songs in the HSM franchise. I mean Troy being a basketball player who loves to sing and theater and also making out with hot girls isn't that unique when all the basketball players can sing and also do things like BAKE. But I LOVE Zac Efron. And I love how baby he looks in this movie! So young! This is a cute song and a cute performance. But I think it's fair here to save some older songs. (That probably won't make it that far anyway, but you know I don't want them to go away quite yet!).

Saving: The Sword in the Stone (The Sword in the Stone)

At All Costs

"At All Costs" is from the latest Disney musical fantasy film, 2023's Wish. I haven't watched Wish nor too familiar with most of the music, but there is a certain song I want to see win from that film so I may as well try to help make that happen with this cut. "At All Costs" is Asha (voiced by Ariana DeBose) and King Magnifico (voiced by Chris Pine). This is a very pretty and nice song. It starts off softly and slowly with King Magnifico/Chris Pine, who sounds nice on the song. However, the song builds up with Asha/Ariana DeBose's part on the second verse. I really like her part and prefer her verse. Then they showcase some lovely harmonies and ad-libs when they sing together. The song gets better and better as it progresses. Sadly, I just don't have much attachment to this song, as I do to the other songs that were left so that's why it got my cut here.

Saving: What Time Is It? 

REVIVALS

Each ranker has the option to bring an eliminated song back into the game. The song you choose will be back, but won’t have immunity with its return.

You can only choose songs that were eliminated this past cycle (#370 Queen of Mean - #259 At All Costs).

However, you can bring a song back now OR wait until after the next cycle.

Everyone will get one revival pick, and it must be used now or after the next cycle.

If you decide to wait until the next cycle, any songs eliminated thus far won't be eligible to be chosen next time. This is your only chance to bring back these particular songs. If you wait until next cycle, then you can only choose to bring back a song eliminated then.

So do you bring a song back now, or do you wait until next time? I'll let you all know now that 56 songs will be eliminated in the upcoming cycle.

You have 24 hours to post your decision here on the thread.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

Please post ASAP.

@Alex95 @*Chris @FrogLenzen @Elliott @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris @*Wallace