Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Hip Hip Pooh-Ray

I obviously know who Winnie the Pooh is, but I not very familiar with the movie so i dont know the context of this at all. The song itself is cute i guess, but does not interest me at all (although i'm obviously not the target audience for this). It's quite obviously meant for little children to enjoy, as it sounds very gimmicky, too gimmicky for my own personal liking. Perhaps i would like it more if i watched the full movie, but I don't feel like doing all that so oh well. I don't think many people would miss it anyways. 

Save: What I Said

REMAINING

Daughters of Triton

If Only

It's Gonna Be Great

Man or Muppet

My Own Home

Say it with a Slap

Someday My Prince Will Come

The Backson Song

The Rain, Rain, Rain, Came Down, Down, Down

The Tummy Song

Daughters of Triton

her-voice-is-like-a-bell.jpg

We meet King Triton's daughters. Their names are Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella, Alana. Triton was unaware you can name your kids with anything after the letter A. The girls sing that their father named them well. You know, like liars do. Ariel was supposed to make her musical debut here. She does not show up though. A wise decision from Ariel, she gets plenty of better and more iconic songs later in the movie to make her musical debut. Kimmy Robertson plays all the other sisters, lol what a busy woman. The fish kinda ate on the instrumentals though. I feel like these sisters should learn new songs instead of just blindly praising their father.

Save Man or Muppet

THE RAIN RAIN RAIN CAME DOWN DOWN DOWN
(THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH)

tumblr_mt1jbt5lBD1sqkuwuo1_500.gif

Out of the remaining songs, "Someday My Prince Will Come" is the one that I wanted to get saved, so this ended up working out perfectly. There's a good number of songs left that I am indifferent towards, and many of them are from Winnie the Pooh. I was originally going to cut "The Tummy Song" but I forgot how much I enjoy it when I re-listened to it. I then landed on "The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down," which, like other songs from the film, is a short song with a duration of a minute and thirteen seconds. It is primarily featured in "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" but for those of us who've been to Disney World, we would also know this song for being featured The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh's attraction in Magic Kingdom. The song, like many of the songs from Winnie the Pooh, helps paint a picture of the scene that it accompanies with a catchy tune and repetitive lyrics. It's hard not to know the words of this son.  Despite enjoying its catchy melody, I am fine with it leaving even though there are plenty of songs in the rankdown that should have been eliminated before it.

SAVING: SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME

Edited by *Chris

Say It With a Slap

I have already ranted a bit about Bongo so why not keep my streak going and get rid of another song from that segment of Fun & Fancy Free. This song is at least more lively and interesting to watch than the others but it is still dated and tbh is about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE in bears hdu smh cancelled etc. The bears sing about how when 2 bears like each other they slap each other, which is certainly an interesting concept but it seems like the bears are all consenting so maybe we shouldn't worry about it. The main character Bongo is observing this behavior in the wild bears and there is buildup to a giant ugly male bear about to slap a small pretty Bongo-sized female bear. You'd think that the conclusion would be that little Bongo, who is not up to date on wild bear culture, would try and rescue the little female bear from the incoming slap. But instead he rushes in and tries to slap her first lmao 

Save Tummy Song

• Like 1

The Backson Song

I will admit that this song is a little catchy but I have to protest against the song as an example of a cliche plot device where this entire part of the movie is about a simple misunderstanding between the animals and Christopher Robin. If memory serves me right, Chris writes a note saying something like "Be Back Soon" and the animals are illiterate so they ask the Owl what it means and the Owl in this universe is actually not wise but instead a moron and he tells everyone that Chris was kidnapped by a monster called a Backson and then sings a song about all the terrible things that the Backson has done and will do in the future. So the animals then make a plan to save Chris from a nonexistent monster. Silly kid fun but Owl truly annoys me lol so goodbye!!!!

Save My Own Home

• Sad 1

If Only

As the NUMBER ONE and also ONLY Winnie the Pooh STAN in this rankdown I gotta save my Tigger songs. And as the Number 1 HATER of DCOM musicals (NON-HSM Category), this cut works out well for me. When Disney gets the COURAGE to make The Descendants GAY we can talk. But as it is this is just a ballad of Dove Cameron singing. What is this song about in this point of the musical? I have NO CLUE. That's my biggest problem with some of these DCOM songs, you need to know exactly where they belong in a musical. Think of Wicked, you've got ballads like "Defying Gravity" and you are never gonna listen to them and be like "is this a musical song? Or is this a pop ballad?" They are great songs which function well to make a point IN THE MUSICAL. Other great Disney ballads like "Beauty and the Beast" have their place as great songs and musical songs. Even crossover hits like "Let It Go" never feel like they would work without the context of the musical. These songs just don't have that.

Saving: It's Gonna Be Great

• Confused 1

Regarding Moana, I thought there was going to be a live action of that coming out? 😮  But I think it makes more sense for a Moana animated sequel to come out before the live action version as it's far too soon for that (imo).

18 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I guess I can't hate on sequels since they are still making originals as well.

But all I really want is Aida. Why did they make Wish instead of Aida

Are you talking about the Musical of an Egyptian princess?  I would watch a Disney animation about that.

I'm pretty sure the Moana sequel was originally going to be a TV show but I think Disney wanted a slam dunk for the theaters and Frozen 3 I guess isn't ready yet. LOL. Anyway, make Moana gay! Give queer actress Auli'i Cravalho another canonically queer character!!!!!!