Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Hoedown Throwdown

what-are-your-favorite-and-least-favorite-songs-from-hannah-v0-lf1wiv66z58b1.png?width=2048&format=png&auto=webp&s=48121f83caf670f095ef9a9d391ec8cdc234bb57

"I'm gonna add a little hip-hop to this throwdown". Is the hip-hop in the room with us? The lyrics are nonsensical. There's no story to it, just instructions on how to dance. Don't tell me how to dance! I'll dance however I'd like to dance, thanks! I still have 30 seconds left in the song but I had to stop listening to it, it's so bad. I assume there's no amazing revelation in the last 30 seconds that turns this into some amazing piece of art. It's probably just the same dance instructions she's been listing over and over again. I thought The Climb had to be the worst song in the movie since it's an all-time terrible song, but it turns out there actually is a worse song. Congrats Hoedown Throwdown. Probably the worst non-racist song in this entire game.

Save Mother Knows Best (Reprise)

• Like 1

"CARRYING THE BANNER"

(NEWSIES)

a4da06d56de9b9826fc090f207e7991f38d449c7

As I've mentioned before, I am more familiar with the Broadway version than this film version that inspired the Broadway hit-musical. So, by default, this version of the song is inferior to me. The song is one of the first songs that the audience hears in the musical/film where the Newsies sing about the troubles that come with being a Newsie. It takes place throughout Manhattan and is accompanied by a great ensemble dance number. Listening to this version, it was hard to get used to, since I mainly listen to the OBC version where I find the singing and harmonies were better. Overall, I do like the song, but considering the songs being nominated, this is one of the songs that I felt more comfortable cutting.

SAVING: HAKUNA MATATA

After Today

Well with Hoedown Throwdown and Substutiary Locomotion cut, I 2 I is the next best thing for me to save.  Its the only song from the Goofy Movie, I remember from 2 decades ago. Honestly, the song still slaps. Upon relistening to After Today, the song is good, but if I don't remember it from a movie I have seen once or twice, its not good enough to keep in the rankdown. The song is about school letting out for the summer and all the things the children will do, and won't do with their time off. The song was composed by Tom Snow and lyrics were done by Jack Feldmen. the song was sung by Max Good who was voiced by Aaron Lohr.

Save: I 2 I

Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet 

"Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet" is from the 1946 animated musical anthology film, Make Music Mine. I am not really familiar with Make Music Mine but it's one of the earlier works of Disney. The above video is really cute with the male hat (Johnnie Fedora) and the female hat (Alice Bluebonnet) kinda having flirty eyes and feelings over each other. The male hat looks like he's trying to get the female's hat's attention... but it's too little too late, as a lady buys her from the store. Awww the male hat is crying and sad about it. But fear not, then he gets bought from a guy. The hats meet eyes with each other and are excited to see each other though they are going in opposite  directions. LMAO the male hat trying his hardest to escape from the guy.... and then he does and he goes on quite an adventure to say the least.  Then at the end, they reunite being worn by two horses who ride on the town together and they live happily ever after. Lmao okay, so the film scene really captured my attention a lot and I got more invested than I expected. :haha: As for the song, it's pretty, nice and decent. The song is sung by the Andrews Sisters, in which their vocals and harmonies are nice. I do think I would have been bored of the song just listening to it on its own as it does lack dynamics to me, but this video scene made me enjoy the song more.  Just not enough to keep from cutting it, sadly.

Saving: Get'cha Head In The Game

Substitutiary Locomotion

Honestly this is probably the best song from this movie, not sure why this was nominated instead of the other one left. But overall I'm not a huge fan of this movie. It's a weird store brand Mary Poppins. Angela Lansbury is beyond of course, she can do no wrong. But overall I don't have a lot of special nostalgia for this one compared to others probably since I spent more time with the pure animated stuff not the mixed animated/live. Fun fact, they made this into a Disney Musical recently in 2021. My naive self would say "wow maybe that means a remake that incorporates some of the new musical will be made!!!!" but zero of the Disney remakes, whether it was Little Mermaid or Beauty &the Beast or Aladdin or Lion King have referenced the stage shows in any way so I won't bother to get my hopes up about it.

Save Love is an open door

I Just Can't Wait to Be King (Lion King)

The Tummy Song (Winnie the Pooh)

The Second Star to the Right (Peter Pan)

You Can Fly! (Peter Pan)

lol well since elliott probably won't make his cuts i'll just wait for the 24 hours to almost pass and then i'll just make both sets of cut saves in a row since i'm the only one left.

• Thanks 1

Second Star to the Right

"Second Star to the Right" is the title music from Peter Pan. I actually quite like it. You should know by now there's something about Disney songs that came out before like 1970 that really just hit perfectly for me! I just love something about like a classic movie song. I feel the same way about musicals. Give me one before 1970 when Hollywood was still trying to maintain that like "clean" essence (and have their losing battle against the counterculture). That being said, I don't feel this is a "classic" song like other songs in Peter Pan or literally ANY song in The Lion King. It's a pretty song, I like it a lot. But unlike some other songs that have been eliminated this early-ish I'm not mad it's going. It's outlasted 200+ other songs and that feels about right for it if you told me that in a vacuum.

Saving: I Just Can't Wait to Be King

• Like 1

The Tummy Song

For me what separates a completely necessary live action remake or a completely unnecessary sequel (like Mary Poppins Returns) from something like the newer 2011 Winnie the Pooh is actually good. If you are going to make a sequel or a remake add something! At the very least MAKE IT GOOD. Anyway, it pains me to do this but the 2011 Winnie the Pooh still has one more song and I'm almost always going to save the more iconic song if given the binary choice. This song is also very similar to another original Winnie the Pooh song still in the game. It doesn't make it less painful but it still acts as a salve for the wound of people making me do this. I LOVE Winnie the Pooh! The character, the books, the movies, the tv show. All of it. When I was a little kid I had some Disney songs on tape. Like a whole tape of classic songs. Then I had a separate cassette of just Winnie the Pooh songs. I listened to both those cassettes on repeat until cassette tapes got replaced by CDs in my household. Winnie the Pooh is like ingrained into my personality. Like as much a fundamental building block as Sailor Moon which I used to wake up at 6AM to watch before I went to school. Lastly, in the video above I just want to take a second to admire the animation! It's so good!

Saving: You Can Fly

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Thats So Raven Oh Snap GIF

lmao so blunt there. :dead: 

You said yourself he's only done at most 4 write ups this game. So I agree. 😛

we should randomize the noms!

Edited by Solaris

24 minutes ago, Solaris said:

You said yourself he's only done at most 4 write ups this game. So I agree. 😛

we should randomize the noms!

hahaha I understand. :haha: 

We don't have to do that. :giggle: 

Since we’re moving on without Elliott, the nominator will make the final decision from the remaining two nominations. This is so the same number of songs are eliminated each round. But the 24 hour deadline rule still applies if the nominator doesn’t make the last cut.

I don’t like changing the rules midway through a cycle, but I think this is a fair alternative given the situation.

• Like 3