DEREK: 1

WALLACE: 4

MEGAN: 10

SOLA: 12

ALEX: 17

CHRIS: 17

ERIK: 18

DEREK

The most epic opening to any Disney movie. Any movie? Maybe. The music and the visuals together are insane. And it introduces the characters and hierarchy and setting without dialogue. Also the vocals are pretty great too obviously. If you haven’t seen a professional version of the musical/broadway Lion King, do yourself a favor and check it out. Lauren and I were crying in our seats in the first 2 minutes. It is truly incredible to behold. I could have used 1 or 2 more songs from this movie in the finals, but if we had to have 1 this isn’t a bad choice at all.

WALLACE

The Lion King is the film I am most saddest to see not have multiple songs make it to the Top 20 of this rankdown. I was especially sad to see songs like "I Just Can't Wait to Be King," "Hakuna Matata" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" get cut from the game as I would have loved seeing any of those make it to the Top 20 but oh well. :( I am really glad that "Circle of Life" made it through to the Top 20! "Circle of Life" is definitely an iconic and one of the most memorable songs from The Lion King. I also think this is very likely my favorite song from the film! ❤️ I do love the African and tribal flair and influences to this song. The song is performed by Carmen Twillie, Lebo M. and I love how they sing this song! It has such an inspirational and moving feel to it. The movie scene where the song plays is SO good and powerful. It's so moving and can give you chills sometimes. ❤️ I also love the Elton John pop single version of the song.... and also must shout out Jennifer Hudson's amazing rendition of it on American Idol too. I have a feeling "Circle of Life" will rank highly here, or at least I hope it does.

MEGAN

A good song. I like it a lot. An iconic song. It's good. It's Elton John and Tim Rice. That's quality. I like The Lion King a lot but it's never been one of my absolute favorite Disney movies. I recognize it's quality and in an unbiased ranking I might rank it the second best movie of the Renaissance behind BATB, but I wouldn't be surprised or mad if people liked it more. I think if I was making my own personal Top 20 this would slide in towards the lower end as recognition of its quality, but as it is, this makes the final member of my Top 10.

SOLA

This is the correct finalist from The Lion King.  I did expect to see multiple Lion King songs make it to the end, as 5 of them made the Top 100.  Great song and Jennifer Hudson’s cover of it on Idol is everything even almost 20 years later. So shout out to JHud.

ALEX

I wonder if anyone's gonna drag my ass for not including this amongst the songs not sung by characters lol. Tbf, I've always imagined this as the animals singing it, and I think that's what the movie's selling too. Also it's not a random famous person they brought in. Lastly, I only got one final cut and I used it on a lesser song so don't @ me! I'm also ranking this rather low so I guess that could be my justification. But onto the song! Iconic, of course. One of those songs that you just need to hear one second of and you know exactly what it is. It has that kind of broad mainstream appeal. Not one of my favorite songs on a personal level, but I won't argue its status as an icon. Kinda surprised it's the final Lion King song standing. But my unpopular opinion is that while I find The Lion King soundtrack to be consistent, it's lacking wow moments outside of Be Prepared.

CHRIS

There's no denying that "Circle of Life" is an iconic song and a great one at that. But its ranking on my end was influenced by the fact that I much prefer other songs from The Lion King, which unfortunately didn't make it to this Top 20.  While I can agree that it's an iconic song, I do fear that it could end up doing well in the final which I wouldn't be opposed to but at the same time, I believe there are other songs that are more iconic and deserving of the top spot rather than this song.

ERIK

This song kinda bored me like most of the songs from The Lion King (and the movie itself) does. I will be watching Mufasa for Beyonce though!!

• Steven_ changed the title to Disney Songs Rankdown (#13 Posted)

Fine with this ranking for "Circle of Life." 

Though I also agree with those that said there should be more The Lion King songs on here.

6 hours ago, Steven_ said:

If you haven’t seen a professional version of the musical/broadway Lion King, do yourself a favor and check it out. Lauren and I were crying in our seats in the first 2 minutes.

This is like the ONLY Disney musical I would see. I am desperate to see those puppets in action and Disney needs to make money by just making it available for me to watch.

10 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I can post #12 now.

Should I post it on the next page since we're near the bottom of this one?

Quoting  for next page!

6 hours ago, Steven_ said:

l. Tbf, I've always imagined this as the animals singing it, and I think that's what the movie's selling too.

I agree with @Alex95 this song is supposed to be the animals singing. Also it's not an end credits song.