What do you think of the new one-vote rule?

Dai

What do you think of the new one-vote rule?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• It’s a great idea, it should have been implemented seasons ago.
    • The rule is fine but it should only be used in the finale.
    • It’s trash, bring back the old rules (voting for multiple people).
    • I don’t care.

Finale only.

For the weeks leading up to the finale, the goal is to stick around as long as you can for maximum exposure and more songs to perform. Typically I’d vote for all my favorites just to see them sing again. But with the one vote rule I choose to vote for a favorite who I think will need it, rather than the objectively strongest performance.

In the finale? You’ve already performed the maximum amount of times you can. At that point basically anything but winning is the same thing. Might as well vote for who you want to win.

• Like 1

Maybe I should have waited to see next week’s results to estimate how impactful this rule is, but on paper I think it’s one of the best changes to the formula the show has introduced in recent years :ph34rwave: Teams have always held too much power and this rule puts everyone on an equal footing (because a lot of people used the multiple votes to vote for a team - usually Blake’s lol)

It also favors a more varied cast, as people can no longer vote for all the contestants from the same genre (and we all know this audience has a country bias)

Too bad this rule wasn’t around when we needed it most (*cough* S22 *cough*)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

This would have been best with Blake's seasons where he gets plenty of underwhelming artists(S22 especially)

I would adjust it to be 10 votes overall, that way the user could decide if they want to go all in on one artist, or scatter a couple votes for multiple artists. Example: 5 votes for Huntley, 3 votes for Ruby, 2 votes for Nini.

34 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I would adjust it to be 10 votes overall, that way the user could decide if they want to go all in on one artist, or scatter a couple votes for multiple artists.

With only two or three weeks of live shows, the public doesn't have many opportunities to vote for their favorite contestants. If producers want to limit votes, this would be preferable to the current one-vote rule. It's just one more tactic TPTB are employing in an effort to get their desired outcome.

50 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

In the finale? You’ve already performed the maximum amount of times you can.

Right.

My guess is that many people don't split their votes in the finals. So a limit of one vote per email address/account per method to determine the winner isn't as objectionable in the last round of competition.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure because part of me likes the idea if it gives my favorites the advantage like it would help Nini quite a lot and hurt the ones that aren't huge favorites. But at the same time I like being able to vote for more than one favorite since I have more than one favorite. It makes it harder to vote on numerous emails. I fully expect Minivan to vote for only Ruby or Huntley and no one else because they probably don't make numerous emails. Every single Minivan members will only vote for those two and no one else.