Ali Caldwell on The Four vs The Voice

Hsamid

Ali caldwell on the voice vs the four  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which singing journey of hers did you prefer?

2. 2. Which individual performance from either show is your favourite

• Tell me something good
    • Set fire to the rain
    • Somebody loves you baby
    • No more drama
    • My all
    • Dangerous woman
    • Hit or miss
    • No ordinary love
    • Times have changed
    • Did I ever love you
    • 9 to 5
    • Without you
    • I will always love you
    • Sledgehammer.
  3. 3. Which robbery was worse

Out of all the the voice contestants to go on other singing shows, she probably has my favourite run. So wanted to make this thread. Fun fact, ali performed a song called 9 to 5. She has 9 Performances o. The Voice and 5 on the four lol.

Also, On an unrelated note, she just had her birthday recently (June 28) she's 35 now!

the voice performances.

The four

Also, since most people have not watched the four. For context, this is the opponent she lost to

And the performance that got her eliminated on the voice.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

Anyways, I thought Ali's run on the four was more consistent and overall more enjoyable despite being shorter. Absolutely killed every performance.

I can't really say the same about her voice journey. I will say though, I think my favourite performance from either show is her Playoffs and KO. Refreshing song choices and she sung them pretty different from the originals. She had to inject more of her own artistry than in other performances.

And as to which robbery was worse. Lol both performances she lost to were mediocre. Flip a coin.

• Like 1

Also does anyone remember on Desz's rendition of don't let go, Jeronelle commented "now that's how you sing this song!" Lmao. (He was a contestant on Ali's season of the four for those who don't know)

Don't think the post is up anymore since the voice has deleted the original on all platforms.

Edited by Hsamid

15 minutes ago, jarmon said:

The Four 

"Times Have Changed"

The Four - the fact she lost to WHITNEY of all people...

Not that im a fan and I do think she was one of the weakest performers on the show. But honestly I don't think Whitney is that bad. That particular performance was not it though.

On the voice I don't think she'd stand out in a negative way as much. Probably battle or KO fodder but I could also see her making lives. There's been worse..

Edited by Hsamid

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Not that im a fan and I do think she was one of the weakest performers on the show. But honestly I don't think Whitney is that bad. That particular performance was not it though.

On the voice I don't think she'd stand out in a negative way as much. Probably battle or KO fodder but I could also see her making lives. There's been worse..

Whitney had some decent performances but it just felt like a set-up for Ali to lose to her in the comeback. It was just ridiculous.

• Like 2

This is my kind oh thread, I feel seen  :stealth:

Best journey was on The Four. Both had insane vocals but song choice wise, The Four was a 10.

I had a hard time picking a favorite performance but I went with Patti Labelle. I still think all of these are good.

1. Somebody Loves You Baby
  2. Times Have Changed
  3. No More Drama
  4. My All
  5. I Will Always Love You
  6. Sledgehammer
  7. Set Fire To The Rain
  8. Tell Me Something Good
  9. Without You
  10. No Ordinary Love
  11. Dangerous Woman
  12. Did I Ever Love You
  13. 9 to 5
  14. Hit Or Miss

Worse robbery was definitely on The Four. Minivan is Minivan and that Instant Save was ridiculous, but The Four was infuriating. That whole comeback episode was just a set up to bring back Great Value Harry Styles and JLo after they lost their seats in prior episodes (and it wasn't even close). Plus the blatant colorism displayed by Diddy and Meghan Trainor and their disgusting insinuation that Whitney was more likely to succeed because of "the looks" is cancelation worthy. Trash show, trash panel, good riddance.

Edited by AliXRose
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Whitney had some decent performances but it just felt like a set-up for Ali to lose to her in the comeback. It was just ridiculous.

All bias aside, I thought it was weird af. You have a chance to come back on the show, and that's who you go for ? She was literally the first one to perform, she could've picked whoever she wanted to challenge and with all due respect, there were "easier" opponents. This girl was either very reckless, or VERY confident. That's all I'm gonna say, fill in the blanks.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

All bias aside, I thought it was weird af. You have a chance to come back on the show, and that's who you go for ? She was literally the first one to perform, she could've picked whoever she wanted to challenge and with all due respect, there were "easier" opponents. This girl was either very reckless, or VERY confident. That's all I'm gonna say, fill in the blanks.

Ali did eliminate her earlier in the show, that may have played a part as well. I also wouldn't at all be surprised if producers told her to pick Ali for that storyline.

And honestly, even the "easier" opponents probably would have wiped the floor with her based on their body of work. 

Edited by Hsamid

3 hours ago, jarmon said:

The Four 

"Times Have Changed"

right like… unpop but Majeste was a powerhouse and was so good so like if she killed it and knocked out Ali i could understand.. but Whitney? she has a good voice and did great on “issues” but then consistently started to take on big songs that she couldn’t vocally do. and it felt like she tried to compensate for that by doing a bunch of dance stuff — perhaps trying to take a note from evvie (although evvie maintained good vocals).

3 hours ago, jarmon said:

i actually liked Whitney but idk what was wrong with the judges because Ali's performance was levels above hers

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Ali did eliminate her earlier in the show, that may have played a part as well. I also wouldn't at all be surprised if producers told her to pick Ali for that storyline.

And honestly, even the "easier" opponents probably would have wiped the floor with her based on their body of work. 

Well of course they would but I mean, knowing the panel was making the decision, the obvious strategic choice would've been Jeronelle. He can sing circles around her but he had only performed twice at that point and they were way less attached to him.

But I do agree, messy show = messy producers, and they probably convinced her that it was for the best. I also thought it was weird how they changed the rules and let the panel pick who won the challenge instead of the audience (as opposed to the first season). They only used to do that for the finale. And how Diddy kept saying I'm not here to please the audience when they were screaming Ali's name 👀

Edited by AliXRose
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Well of course they would but I mean, knowing the panel was making the decision, the obvious strategic choice would've been Jeronelle. He can sing circles around her but he had only performed twice at that point and they were way less attached to him.

But I do agree, messy show = messy producers, and they probably convinced her that it was for the best. I also thought it was weird how they changed the rules and let the panel pick who won the challenge instead of the audience (as opposed to the first season). They only used to do that for the finale. And how Diddy kept saying I'm not here to please the audience when they were screaming Ali's name 👀

Jeronelle should’ve been in the finale over James imo. James is really amazing but Jeronelles low notes and runs and then the falsetto at the end of all of me was incredible 

also would’ve liked for Carvena to be there but Leah is i guess more unique

36 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Jeronelle should’ve been in the finale over James imo. James is really amazing but Jeronelles low notes and runs and then the falsetto at the end of all of me was incredible 

also would’ve liked for Carvena to be there but Leah is i guess more unique

Oh absolutely, he should've made the finale for his performance of "This Woman's Work" alone that was insane ! But they pulled all tricks to get the exact four finalists they wanted, and no one was getting in the way of that not even the most skilled vocalists they've seen.

I was not as invested in Carvena (I liked Majeste better so I wasn't heartbroken the first time she was eliminated) but her comeback performances were really good. Had she picked Jeronelle she would've made the finale, not because she's better than him but the panel was more invested in her (and they chose her to be part of the original four) and that's all that mattered.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Anyways, I thought Ali's run on the four was more consistent and overall more enjoyable despite being shorter. Absolutely killed every performance.

I can't really say the same about her voice journey. I will say though, I think my favourite performance from either show is her Playoffs and KO. Refreshing song choices and she sung them pretty different from the originals. She had to inject more of her own artistry than in other performances.

And as to which robbery was worse. Lol both performances she lost to were mediocre. Flip a coin.

Her My All performance was excellent thou-

edit: nvm I misread and u meant who she LOST against too ... in which case yes she was robbed big time

Edited by StarWalker1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I like Jeronelle, but I preferred James on the show. And his finale performance was just magical.

I remember a reactor saying Jeronelle was extremely talented, but to a point that he's so technical you don't really feel what he's singing. Honestly kinda agree with the assessment other than his rendition of "this woman's work" which might just be my favourite performance of the season.

But overall, I did enjoy James run more (helps he had more performances too)

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Disagree. It should have been Dana 

I mean yeah, I can see that (I think those songs were not the best for either artist - I'd argue for Jason being the better vocal but Dana being the more unique singer so you could go either way)

Courtney had a moment in the KOs but her PO performance wasn't good, it didn't merit moving on.