2022 Reality Stars Rankdown

Alex95

27 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

:( @ only The Challenge contenders getting nom'd. 

I know there aren't many fans/viewers of watchers of that franchise here. But if there's anyone that needs recommendations for cuts and saves.... I'd hope someone can save Shannon, Beth and Darrell. Johnny & Ravyn would be a decent save choice.

Then for cuts, Analyse & Tommy (lol BB fans don't like them anyway) and Syrus would be fine choices to go. I think Cinco and Kendal would be okay to go too.

I think the others I'm at a toss up of who can stay/go.

Reposting on the next page in case others need references.

27 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oh #bless you making this cut. That was initially going to be my first cut choice but figured others would know/not like them enough to cut them. :giggle: 

I would've saved one of your recommendations if I saw your post beforehand. Even though she was the first boot, I just saved Azah because I liked her from Big Brother. 😅

Tamara Alfaro & Turabi "Turbo" Çamkıran (The Challenge: Ride or Dies)

d604c-16655800560428-1920.jpg?w=840

Tamara Alfaro & Turabi "Turbo" Çamkıran were a dating duo on The Challenge: Ride or Dies, which is the 38th season of the everlong going series The Challenge. Gahhh not gonna lie, I was kinda excited and very intrigued to see Turbo back on the show. Sadly, this season kinda ruined him a bit for me? Turbo competed on two seasons of The Challenge previously, most notably his first season was the War of the Worlds, where he was an absolute BEAST in as a compettior. He managed to win as a rookie and that was VERY impressive, because rookies are always targeted early on and barely win.  I also really loved his partnership with Nany Gonzalez.

Anywho, it had been a few years since Turbo had been on this show, so it was fun seeing him back on the show. Sadly, Turbo always had a terrible social game and he just never cared about that aspect of the game. He rubbed a lot of the challenges the wrong way right at the start. I remember within the first five minutes of the show, he said or did something that annoyed people. Bananas & Nany won the main challenge that episode. And I was excited to see Nany and Turbo talk some game and hopefully reconnect their game relationship like they did on their first season. But ugh, it seemed like Turbo didn't really care making any game connections or relationships. I felt like Nany tried to connect and get a game relationship going but Turbo wasn't having any of it. He didn't like the other challengers, which is understandable as people like Bananas and others were quite mean/cold to him. So Turbo was cold back. But yeah, Turbo and Nany not having that game relationship this season disappointed me. :( So this led to Tamara & Turbo being thrown into the elimination via Bananas & Nany's vote. Then Horacio & Olivia were the couple not saved by the sword drawer winners Jay & Michele, so they were the other couple in the battle. All of the challengers were rooting HARD and giving helpful tips to Horacio & Olivia to help them win / get rid of Tamara & Turbo. That worked.... and then Tamara & Turbo became the second team eliminated on The Challenge: Ride or Dies.

And notice how I barely mentioned anything of Tamara, lmao. That's honestly because I barely remember her time on the show. This was her first season of the show. She seemed nice and likable enough. But Tamara was never given a chance due to her partnership with Turbo. So she got targeted in a default way, which wasn't really fair on her. I wouldn't mind her getting another chance on the show, so we could see her as a competitor and get to know her as a person because I got nothing from her here, lol. I also wouldn't mind seeing Turbo coming back on the show and hopefully have a better social game but I wouldn't be surprised if he never comes back to this franchise.

Saving: Kyra Green (The Challenge USA Season 1)

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I would've saved one of your recommendations if I saw your post beforehand. Even though she was the first boot, I just saved Azah because I liked her from Big Brother. 😅

Awww thank you for the consideration, at least. I wish I had posted like 2 minutes sooner, lmao. :dead: Hopefully others can come through a few of my suggestions (at least for Shannon & Beth).

Ooh technically Azah wasn't a first boot. She ALMOST was the first boot in fact, but she and Kyland won their first elimination. :haha: Azah was actually the 5th (female) boot. But The Challenge USA had such a long cast - that the first 8 eliminees had to be cut. I think it was a cast of 28 contestants there? :haha: So Azah made it to the Top 20.

Okay catching up on the past cuts I missed earlier today.

I'm sad to see Kai go this soon as I did really like her on Claim to Fame, but X was a bigger/more memorable characters so I can't fault the decision. I'm glad X gets to stay. Ooh I remember when I saw Kai in that white dress, that was when I thought she wsa related to Tiffany Haddish as her sister. I was proud of myself for making that guess earlier than the cast did, lol.

Akshar pretty much said it all on Emmy & Nam. Ugh Poor Nam has to be one of the unluckiest contestants of The Challenge history (at least of recent memory). :( I felt so bad that he was forced to withdraw after Emily withdrew from the competition. I really hope Nam can get that chance on this show as he showed a lot of promise on his first season - and he's actually likable too (which can be rare for The Challengers, lol).

:dead:  @ all of the shade Steven wrote on Analyse & Tommy on his write-up. I see no lies though. I'm glad Steven cut them to do that write-up as that was fun to read. :haha:  Ahh yeah they didn't really bring much to the show and I'm honestly kinda surprised they made it 4 weeks in. I thought they would have left even sooner, lol. But yeah their performance on their elimination was really embarrassing. 🙈 Then to answer @Steven_'s question for some insight. As far as the double deals, I can't remember the exact details, but there's usually 4 teams in danger of elimination each week. The winner of the main challenge picks one team to go into elimination. Then the other 3 teams have to pick out a sword of their choice and if they pick the SAFETY one, then they are safe and can save one of the other two remaining teams from elimination. I think Analyse & Tommy were trying to make these deals with two teams that they would have their back and save them - if those teams would save them. I THINK on Week 3, they were the team to draw the safety sword - so they were in a position of having to save one team they promised safety to (Colleen & Kim). But also had to backstab and not save the other team they promised safety to (Horacio & Olivia). Though both teams if they drew the safety draw would have saved them. Then that happened and teams felt they couldn't trust A&T them. But then the winner of the challenge the following week (Nelson/Nurys) threw them down there, I think because of all of this drama.... and then they left.

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

ANALYSE TALAVERA & TOMMY BRACCO

img_9051-1024x572.jpg

I'm watching their intro video now, and I'm kind of surprised of how highly they speak of each other. I don't recall them being that close in the Big Brother house. Analyse calls Tommy her soulmate and she's never loved anyone so much, and Tommy says she's perfect and like family to him. Sure, if they say so.

I also see the YouTube video is titled "Karma Comes For Tommy & Analyse" and fellow contestant Devin said "This is why you don't make double deals." Maybe someone here who watched the season can share the details of what led to Analyse and Tommy's elimination

Lol they all had to pretend to be super close to fit the "ride or die" theme. Emmy & Nam literally didn't even know each other before being paired as "ride or dies" coming onto the season :dead:

Yeah the episode before they were up for elimination with Horacio & Olivia and Colleen & Kim and made deals with both of them. However, Analyse & Tommy won the power to save another team after making a deal with both of them in case they were the ones to get that power. They saved Colleen & Kim and pretty much blindsided Horacio & Olivia.

55 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Tamara Alfaro & Turabi "Turbo" Çamkıran (The Challenge: Ride or Dies)

d604c-16655800560428-1920.jpg?w=840

And I was excited to see Nany and Turbo talk some game and hopefully reconnect their game relationship like they did on their first season. But ugh, it seemed like Turbo didn't really care making any game connections or relationships. I felt like Nany tried to connect and get a game relationship going but Turbo wasn't having any of it. He didn't like the other challengers, which is understandable as people like Bananas and others were quite mean/cold to him. So Turbo was cold back. But yeah, Turbo and Nany not having that game relationship this season disappointed me. :(

It was clear to me Nany wasn't gonna value Turbo as an ally and she just wanted him as a pawn to do her bidding, I don't think she ever made a real effort to try to align with him. I think Turbo felt that too. His social game was still horrendous though lol.

Cinco Holland

57076-16566706687303-1920.jpg?w=840

Cinco was one of the Love Island contestants who then appeared on the first Challenge USA season. He had an on-off relationship with Cashay on that season, and then they both went on to appear on this, even partnering up at some point. Eventually, he and Azah found themselves losing a duel against Leo from TAR and the eventual winner Sarah. This writeup feels a little dry lol but I think Cinco’s the one I’m least familiar with out of everyone left. And any of the seasons I’ve seen Beth on (although not All-Stars yet) I’ve enjoyed her so will keep her around for this one!

Save Beth

@FrogLenzen @1234567890 @Zoey

Shannon St. Clair (The Challenge USA Season 1)

Johnny Middlebrooks & Ravyn Rochelle (The Challenge: Ride or Die)

Kailah Casillas-Bird & Sam Bird (The Challenge: Ride or Die)

Darrell Taylor (The Challenge: All Stars Season 3)

Kendal Sheppard (The Challenge: All Stars Season 3)

Syrus Yarbrough (The Challenge: All Stars Season 3)

Syrus Yarbrough (The Challenge: All Stars 3)

How The Challenge's Syrus Yarbrough Lost 60 Pounds - E! Online

Wow, so many different seasons and spin-offs of The Challenge. Could you imagine trying to keep track of a franchise with so many seasons in a single year? Like, could you imagine following a franchise to closely that you watch almost dozens of seasons a year just to keep up? Could you imagine trying to keep track of all those contestants and having favorites from each season? Like could you imagine that at all? Brb gotta catch up on Drag Race Mexico. Syrus was on All Stars 3, which I'm surprised there aren't more All Stars seasons by now but I know from other games on this forum that The Challenge usually goes with themes for a season rather than a general "All Stars" kind of label. This season had 25 past contestants from other seasons of the Challenge. You might remember Syrus originally from the 6th Season of Real World when they were in Boston. That was way back in 1997. NINETEEN NINETY-SEVEN. Wow. I presume that Syrus also participated on Challenge seasons here and there since then, considering this is All Stars lol. There were 10 episodes this season and Syrus was out in episode 3, which is pretty early. There were still 18 contestants to keep track of after Syrus left. 

Save Johnny & Ravyn

13 hours ago, Alex95 said:

It was clear to me Nany wasn't gonna value Turbo as an ally and she just wanted him as a pawn to do her bidding, I don't think she ever made a real effort to try to align with him. I think Turbo felt that too. His social game was still horrendous though lol.

Oooh I didn't think of it like this but that also totally makes sense. :haha: Nany did have stronger connections with other people in that house that she was tighter with. 

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Syrus Yarbrough (The Challenge: All Stars 3)

How The Challenge's Syrus Yarbrough Lost 60 Pounds - E! Online

Syrus was on All Stars 3, which I'm surprised there aren't more All Stars seasons by now but I know from other games on this forum that The Challenge usually goes with themes for a season rather than a general "All Stars" kind of label.

All-Stars is pretty new as it's just a Paramount+ exclusive. The "themed" seasons have vets and newbies while the All-Stars seasons are shorter and vets alone. Also All-Stars is MTV only contestants while the regular show can have anyone from any reality show from America's Got Talent to Bachelor Germany lmao.

Fair cuts with Cinco and Syrus out of these noms. I like both to an extent but like the others more.

:dead: @ the first half of Derek's write-up. Though lmaoo Drag Race suddenly got The Challenge beat in side series'. :giggle: 

Most ridiculous shows The Challenge has cast from:

1. 12 Dates of Christmas

2. America's Got Talent

3. Beauty & The Nerd Germany 2

4. Prince Charming Germany 3

5. Paradise Hotel Sweden 8

6. Probably one of Asaf Goren's a million reality shows

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Could you imagine trying to keep track of a franchise with so many seasons in a single year? Like, could you imagine following a franchise to closely that you watch almost dozens of seasons a year just to keep up? Could you imagine trying to keep track of all those contestants and having favorites from each season? Like could you imagine that at all? Brb gotta catch up on Drag Race Mexico.

:dead: