2022 Reality Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Drag Race has 63 emmy nominations and 26 emmy wins. Its proven to be a powerhouse for reality TV for the LGBT community.  People that don't "watch" reality tv that I know, watch drag race because its as much about the contestants lives and experiences that resonate with the viewing audience.

Edited by Solaris

19 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Had you saved her over Hunter, Lady Boom Boom would probably have been cut with Steven saving Huntergirl.

You need to think ahead with the saves, sometimes 😛 

Chris with the strategy talk here. :giggle: 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Akshar’s Noms Next

Mike W. Winfield (America's Got Talent)

Nicolas RIBS (America's Got Talent)

Yu Hojin (America's Got Talent)

Susie Evans (The Bachelor)

Marlena Wesh (The Bachelor)

Jacey-Lynne Graham (BBCAN10)

Summer Sayles (BBCAN10)

Steven "Gino" Giannopoulos (BBCAN10)

Moose Bendago (BBCAN10)

Tynesha White (BBCAN10)

Ellie Taylor & Johannes Radebe (SCD20)

Tyler West & Dianne Buswell (SCD20)

Ellie Simmonds & Nikita Kuzmin (SCD20)

Jayde Adams & Karen Hauer (SCD20)

Ellie Simmonds & Nikita Kuzmin

Strictly's Nikita Kuzmin shares adorable tribute to Ellie Simmonds after  being voted off

Ellie Simmonds competed on season 20 of Strictly Come Dancing.  Ellie was paired with Nikita Kuzmin, who was in his second year as a pro on the show. Ellie is famous for being a paraolympic swimmer.  She and partner Nikita made it to week 7 before getting eliminated in 10th place. Ellie & Nikita danced a Cha Cha Week 1 and received a 26.  They danced a Waltz in week 2, and received a 30, while going down in points week 3 with a 27 after performing a Quickstep.  In weeks 4 & 5 she matched her highest scores with 2 more 30's to a Salsa and PAso Doble.  In week 6 they dropped a point.  The judges eliminated them over Molly & Carlos after their highest scoring dance of 33 wasn't enough to keep them out of the bottom 2.  It also wasn't enough to keep in the rankdown.

Save: Summer Sayles

Nicolas RIBS (America's Got Talent, Season 17)

NINTCHDBPICT000755418871.jpg

Nicolas RIBS is a Magician from Paris, France, who competed on the 17th season of America's Got Talent. I did mention earlier how I thought AGT was one of the strongest categories of this game. But at this point of the game, it's hard for them all to remain so I'm fine with this act going. Though I did want for Nicolas RIBS to be the first one to go as his act was the act I least cared for amongst the finalists - but I missed that shot there as Avery was cut before him, oops. Magic acts can be fun but it takes a really certain and requred magician/magic act to really draw me or grab my attention - people like former winners like Mat Franco and Shin Lim are magicians who grab my attention and intrigue. Nicolas RIBS.... not as much. I think he's fairly talented and interesting but I was just invested in the other acts more. Nicolas RIBS did perform in the Qualifier 3 round alongside Sara James and made it through to the Finals (which consisted of 11 acts). Nicolas RIBS did a magic duet act with Shin Lim on the finale results show. After that, Nicolas failed to make it to the Top 5. Here is video of his performances on the show (his audition, Qualifer performance and finale performance).

Saving: Susie Evans

giphy-1.gif

JAYDE ADAMS & KAREN HAUER

STRICTLY COME DANCING - SERIES 20

strictly-jayde-adams-karen-hauer-184c066.jpg?quality=90&resize=980,654

Winner of the 2014 Funny Women Award, Jayde Adams is a comedian/actress, writer and an opera singer who always had inspiration to become a dancer so when Strictly Come Dancing came knocking on her door in 2022, she answered the call and appeared on the 20th series of the hit BBC reality-tv competition.  She was partnered with Karen Hauer who was in her 10th year as a pro.  With their partnership, they were two of the same-sex partnership on the series;  This partnership was important Jayde for various reasons : A nod to the LGBTQ+ community that have welcomed her with open arms within their drag and cabaret scene, and as tribute to sisterhood - most specifically, a tribute to her late sister whom was her last dance partner during her time as a disco dancer in her youth. 

On the series, Jayde & Karen started off with a Samba to XTina's "Dirtyy" which was not the strongest of the night but it had full of energy; They received a score of 23 out of 40 which placed them in the middle of the leaderboard which became a familiar place for them throughout their journey.  For their second routine, they improved alot with a Tango to Rumour Has It by Adele which was fitting as Jayde went on to form a Adele drag act ; I thought this routine showed ton of potential for Jayde & the judges gave it a 26 out of 40 which was, once again, the 8th highest score of the evening which meant they were in the middle of the leaderboard, for the second week in a row.  Their third routine was a Cha Cha to Flashdance for Movie Week where I thought she struggled with the choreography and it didn't flow as naturally as her previous routine ; This scored a 29 out of 40 which was the - wait for it - 5th highest score of the evening!  After a breakthrough, she delivered her strongest routine during Week 4 when she danced an American Smooth to "Wind Beneath My Wings" in honour of her late sister ; It was a touching routine and the best she had danced, thus far, which gave her a score of 31 which was the 6th strongest of the night and in the middle of the leaderboard, once again.   After her breakthrough, the dancers celebrated the 100th year of BBC and Jayde & Karen took on a Charleston to honouring BBC Comedy ; It was fun but not the best of the night but not the worst. After landing in the middle of the leaderboard, they found themselves in the dance-off against fan favourite Molly & Carlos - the decision was unanimous and Jayde & Karen went home. 

Overall, this is a great spot for a contestant that was often in the middle of the road but unfortunately left when she started to improve but that's the name of the game, unfortunately, just like this rankdown.

SAVING: TYLER WEST & DIANNE BUSWELL

Edited by *Chris

Aww I enjoyed Ellie S & Nikita and thought they had a really nice and fun partnership. Her elimination was a little sad to see coming as she did go out on her best dance, the Charleston, but she just never really had that proper breakthrough dance. But she had a handful of good 7/8 dances. 

And great write-up on Jayde & Karen there, Chris! Jayde wasn't the strongest or best dancer of her respective series, but she had a lot of fun and was enjoyable to watch. I also love that she got to live out so many of her dream dances on her run. She got to dance to Adele, whom she impersonates, she's a big fan of Flashdance (agreed that one was a bit overscored) and most importantly got to do a dance dedication for her sister (her best dance). She accomplished a lot of important dances to her in her short time. Sadly, I thought her Charleston was very disappointing and I wasn't too upset when she left when she did (especially against Molly & Carlos). Agreed this is a great spot for Jayde & Karen to come in here.

Though lol I noticed you referred to Jayde as "Karen" a few times in the write-up. :giggle:

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Akshar’s Noms Posted

Moose Bendago

BBCAN10: Moose Bendago

Moose Bendago appeared on Season 10 of Big Brother Canada and I'm gonna hedge my bets he is the first 'Moose' on a Big Brother franchise. His job is 'content creator'. Apparently, he was a bit of a sloppy player, starting out in a large alliance and then gradually throwing them under the bus to each other which actually sounds fantastic and I think I want to reverse my cut now. With no HoH wins and one PoV under his belt, he made it as far as the top nine, eventually being evicted and becoming the second member of the jury.

Save Ellie & Johannes

Ahh yeah I did find Moose to be really fun on BBCAN and really liked him. I did really like his alliance group but lmao they were kinda bad and wished they had been stronger in comps/had more power. :haha: They were definitely a messy alliance though I forgot about him throwing his allies under the bus, lmao. :dead: I wish I could have helped him once again, but I got to save him twice so I'm happy he made it this far, at least.

12 hours ago, *Wallace said:

And great write-up on Jayde & Karen there, Chris! Jayde wasn't the strongest or best dancer of her respective series, but she had a lot of fun and was enjoyable to watch. I also love that she got to live out so many of her dream dances on her run. She got to dance to Adele, whom she impersonates, she's a big fan of Flashdance (agreed that one was a bit overscored) and most importantly got to do a dance dedication for her sister (her best dance). She accomplished a lot of important dances to her in her short time. Sadly, I thought her Charleston was very disappointing and I wasn't too upset when she left when she did (especially against Molly & Carlos). Agreed this is a great spot for Jayde & Karen to come in here.

Though lol I noticed you referred to Jayde as "Karen" a few times in the write-up. :giggle:

It was late :haha:.  It's all fixed now, I think... 

MARLENA WESH

marlena-wesh-the-bachelor.jpg

Marlena Wesh competed on The Bachelor. Or should I say participated? Because does one really compete on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette? Anyway, Marlena was cast on the season with Clayton Echard as The Bachelor. And as always, The Bachelor Wiki remains an unhelpful source of information due to its lack of details. All it tells me is that Marlena was eliminated in the fifth week of the season. But let's see what her bio says. Marlena is an Olympian and competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics. She represented Haiti in track & field. That's pretty cool. She now owns a real estate company and owns several properties. She seems like a very accomplished woman. She's not someone I would've guessed would've participated in an RTV show like The Bachelor. As for her fun facts, Marlena will never go bungee jumping, she used to have a yellow mohawk in high school, and she has visited more than 15 countries. Marlena seems like she's living her best life, so I'm sure being eliminated from an online rankdown game is no big deal for her.

Saving Steven.

Gino-BBCAN.jpeg