The Voice Australia Season 12

Mathacoo200315

- I don't get Jason's appeal at all. Production gave him the  same script to break rules and create drama like Guy's breaking rules in all of his previous seasons.

- Sending Ethan straight through to the semifinals over Calista and the other three was just bizarre.

- Maree's elimination was unexpected to me because I thought she would be a semifinalist.

• Like 2

I think I was sleep on Tarryn. She stood out to me more than anybody else in Battles and Singoffs.

Also, Team Guy and Rita are clearly ahead of other two teams.

I'm still on Bella's train and rooting for her to win but Tarryn slayed  this time and now I'm cheering and hoping that both will be moving on in Finals.

- alone was very strong. whoever was doing the higher harmony (tarryn?) was insane for that. tarryn would prob be my winner based on previous performances because both were great. main criticism is that i feel like there were too many runs; i would've preferred a little more leaning into the rock element here. tarryn (barely)

- by comparison, i felt that what about us was mediocre. jade's voice is fairly standard / typical for this show, and david's isn't much more unique. i think jade had a better vocal, but i'd rather both of the alone competitors go through and both of these contestants go home. boring song choice tbh. jade

- tainted love was strong. emily had a more polished vocal, so i would pick her, even though i preferred levi before the performance. strong vocals from both, but one of them going home at this point was justified. emily

- somebody that i used to know was another mediocre battle. both contestants have interesting voices, but the song choice was uninspired and neither of them rose to the challenge at all. gezel especially felt like a step down from her other performances, perhaps bc there were no big notes. neither

- for hold on, again i would've been fine with both going home. giann really struggled, and although shyjana had a moment early on which sounded rly nice (cool vocal texture, tone), the performance felt like it got more boring as it went on, more than anything. shyjana

- feel it still was not an optimal song choice for a vocal showcase but they made it work rly well. both dillon and ezra have very strong vocals and they showed them off here, but i think that ezra had more firecracker moments. ezra

- ezra's solo was incredible

- tarryn was good as always but she didnt add anhything to the song

• Like 1

6 hours ago, French20 said:

i hope the winner is either Tarryn or David

what i can say now is that Jason was a bad coach and i hope Keith comes back or a new one

Give him some time. Rita was awful during her very first season on The Voice UK, and Guy didn't have anyone in the final on his rookie season. 

Jason is a little bit full of himself, though.

Okay time to come in with some spicy opinions 

- Tarryn has the potential to be the best singer this season but I honestly haven't enjoyed any of her performances. She either does too much (her audition and callback) or too little (her sing-off). Nyree should've won the sing-off, even if Tarryn should've won the battle.

- Ezra's sing-off performance, while I did like it, was very messy. However, I still would've put her through, because it's a joke that Shyjana made it to the sing-off after repeated pitchy performances.

- Honestly, there needs to be some sort of producer interference when it comes to who artists choose for their team. It's stupid how someone can be mediocre and make it just as far as someone with actual talent like Maree, just because they chose a team with no good singers on it.

And I still can't get over how Jason jumped through so many hoops at every stage of the competition just to end up with the most average of Top 2's

18 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

Give him some time. Rita was awful during her very first season on The Voice UK, and Guy didn't have anyone in the final on his rookie season. 

Jason is a little bit full of himself, though.

Jason had a lot of good talent, I can't believe he ruined Tee & Raye with a song Thriller 🤣

Calista and Maree's battle was incredible, I still don't understand how he didn't keep one of them

then at each step, he wanted to bend the rules

It's too many things for just one coach I think

Edited by French20
  • Sad 1

They highlighted Charlie Pittman on the sneak peek for the Semi finals, so I'm not totally confident about Bella, she was actually the person showed the least on that, she barely appeared.

The songs announced were:

Charlie Pittman - 'Take on me' by a-ha

Tarryn Stokes - 'The Scientist' by Coldplay

David Aumua - 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz

They also showed Ethan singing a high note in a burning stage, so his song must be something related to fire (?) (I see fire maybe? Just guessing).

I wonder if maybe those are the top4 since they were highlighted on the sneak peek.

Edited by searomordep

On 9/20/2023 at 3:37 PM, allistr said:

Vocals>>>>>Looks.

I mean, in this society, it's kind of expected for people to care about looks even on singers (not that is right, but is expected). But in the context of a singing competition, i would expect at least for the audience to pick someone that is a competent vocalist, instead of picking the absolute and clearly worst one, like they did last season. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, searomordep said:

They highlighted Charlie Pittman on the sneak peek for the Semi finals, so I'm not totally confident about Bella, she was actually the person showed the least on that, she barely appeared.

The songs announced were:

Charlie Pittman - 'Take on me' by a-ha

Tarryn Stokes - 'The Scientist' by Coldplay

David Aumua - 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz

They also showed Ethan singing a high note in a burning stage, so his song must be something related to fire (?) (I see fire maybe? Just guessing).

I wonder if maybe those are the top4 since they were highlighted on the sneak peek.

maybe he has set fire to the rain or my first thought was burning house

anyway tarryn for the win !!!!!!! ezra is also great but tarryn is head and shoulders above the remaining contestants i think