Favorite Young R&B Fourth Placer

Jaffy

Favorite Young R&B Fourth Placer  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Pick As Many As You Want With This One

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/2023 at 02:42 AM

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hailey Mia isn't R&B at all. She is a pop singer.

That’s correct, but it felt weird to put her anywhere else. Like comparing her to the country girls or the blues guys. 

Edited by Jaffy

Just now, Jaffy said:

That’s correct, but it felt weird to put her anywhere else. Like comparing her to the country girls or the blues guys. 

Just change the title to "Pop/R&B". These genres tend to overlap between them anyway

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Yeah same for Kennedy, I think she's more pop but if you change the title it would fit better

Yeah, but when I think of a pure pop voice I think off Jacquie Lee, who I loved, or Keegan Ferrell. Kennedy’s voice is very soulful. 

Edited by Jaffy

23 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Just change the title to "Pop/R&B". These genres tend to overlap between them anyway

Good point. I’m working on an if the 4th placers battled, and trying how to pair the young pop/r&b singers with each other. I also have three older pop/r&b singers with Damien, DeSz and Rose Short, the latter two of whom I adore, which complicates things.

Edited by Jaffy

28 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Yeah, but when I think of a pure pop voice I think off Jacquie Lee, who I loved, or Keegan Ferrell. Kennedy’s voice is very soulful. 

Jacquie Lee is more soulful than Kennedy imo :ph34rwave:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hailey and Kennedy are pop, at least based on the show. 

Koryn was more pop/gospel. I don´t remember her singing R&B on the show?

I´d say Sorelle was pop/soul. They only sang 1 R&B song on the show and didn´t really sound like R&B, they made it more pop-ish. 

CammWess´s voice is probably the closest to R&B here, but again, he sang pop songs as well.

I looked at Trevin´s song choices and they´re in the soulful diva category. Just 1 R&B song. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Hailey and Kennedy are pop, at least based on the show. 

Koryn was more pop/gospel. I don´t remember her singing R&B on the show?

I´d say Sorelle was pop/soul. They only sang 1 R&B song on the show and didn´t really sound like R&B, they made it more pop-ish. 

CammWess´s voice is probably the closest to R&B here, but again, he sang pop songs as well.

I looked at Trevin´s song choices and they´re in the soulful diva category. Just 1 R&B song. 

Good analysis.