Biggest Busses in American Idol History?

xfactor22

What were some of the biggest busses in American idol history by producers/judges/etc., whether it’s in current season, past. ABC seasons, or during the fox area, that you couldn’t help feel sorry for the contestant(s) that were the victim(s), even if you were apathetic towards/disliked the contestant(s)? I’m just curious to what were some of the most tragic, most blatant, biggest, and/or pettiest busses in AI history ?

Giving Syesha the song from Happy Feet in the Final 3. Poor girl had to know she was not wanted in that finale. 

Not having Gabby sing a ballad for the S16 finale performances. Very strange because she seemed like the chosen one until that night, where they switched to Maddie. 

Honestly, Michael Johns getting sent home during Idol Gives Back was kinda cold. They easily could’ve done a non-elimination week like they did the year before, but they chose not to. Maybe he wasn’t the producer favorite everyone thought he was? Not technically bussed but I can’t see why they changed up the rules on what was supposed to be a “feel good” week.

Haley Reinhart deserved to make the finale! She was much like Kris Allen in that she would've been a dark horse winner. 

I don't blindly hate Lauren and Scotty like some Haliens. They've proven their successes and are still hitmakers. IMO

ALLISON IRAHETA NOT MAKING TOP 3 OVER GOKEY IS WAY MORE OFFENSIVE HENCE THE ALL CAPS. Damnit. lol

• Like 4

the way Harry Connick Jr treated the other contestant's who play instruments when he complimented Clark. Scott Borchetta's treatment of Clark Beckham

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 12:27 AM, wgm said:

the way Harry Connick Jr treated the other contestant's who play instruments when he complimented Clark. Scott Borchetta's treatment of Clark Beckham

That makes sense. Idk what you mean by the second sentence though 

18 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

That makes sense. Idk what you mean by the second sentence though 

the fight that was shown during resherals, when he yelled at Clark.

22 hours ago, countrynineteen said:

Sorry, but I don’t think Haley was the most bussed. That goes to Allison Iraheta, Syesha Mercado, Siobhan Magnus, Casey James, Kris Allen, and Jessica Meuse.

She was so bussed. lol

But not in any way shape or form like Kris and Allison... :/ 

On 5/31/2023 at 9:14 PM, CarmenSandiego said:

Kris won his season.

Did he? Adam may have gotten the prime treatment, before, during, and after his Idol loss... Kris was barely treated like the winner of season 8! :thumbsdown:

Kris was bussed in so many other ways. If you followed season 8 obsessively post-Idol like I did..

Anyway. Allison should've made the finale. Adam always said he didn't have winning in mind. Just making it far enough to get noticed by record labels.

So yeah. Kris and Allison should've been final two. Now that's an unpopular opinion! :lolwave:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Did he? Adam may have gotten the prime treatment, before, during, and after his Idol loss... Kris was barely treated like the winner of season 8! :thumbsdown:

Kris was bussed in so many other ways. If you followed season 8 obsessively post-Idol like I did..

Anyway. Allison should've made the finale. Adam always said he didn't have winning in mind. Just making it far enough to get noticed by record labels.

So yeah. Kris and Allison should've been final two. Now that's an unpopular opinion! :lolwave:

Good point there.  I do agree that Allison should have gotten past Danny, but Adam was a suitable person for the finale -- even if his vocal tone drove me nuts!  :lolwave: