American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

16 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

NO!!!!!!! 💔😭😭

(By the way, I wonder if he still auditioned for American Idol, but I might be more sad if I find out he didn’t this season in the first place 😭)

I think he did he follows and interacts with a lot of the the singers. He possibly got cut just before the top 57 

Edited by Meme123
  • Sad 1

if her ig cover is anything to go by, k-blocks' take on river is a pretty cool flip on the original. i like her a lot. she's definitely too cool and subtle to win a show like this (see: avalon young) but i hope we'll have a chance to see her for a while

quintavious is the only man i've ever heard hit a whistle note. i...don't know quite yet if i actually enjoy him, i can't find much of him singing with any type of instrumental which is really the big deciding factor for me, but i'm pretty sure he's working with the most powerful instrument this year

Edited by Loe
quantavious -> quintavious

4 hours ago, hungergamesstan123 said:

I am pretty sure the top 24 have been chosen at this point. I'm pretty sure Scarlett and Hailey Mia were shoe-ins.

Coolio I also saw something a few days ago on blakes insta story about going to disney. So I think thats another shoe in 

okay decided I'm going to drop my thoughts now because i'm bored but won't be sharing predictions yet. be prepared for a long writeup - i promise i have a life and a job 😭

Female Faves

- Abi Carter: pop girlie who can play instruments 😍 also her cover song choices on her insta are amazing

- Cate Gartner: similar feelings as Emmy. not sure if they will cast both but I enjoy her as well!

- Emmy Russell: pop/indie/country crossover artist. definitely has a lot of potential for being a versatile artist. her legacy will carry her as well!

- Jennifer Jefferies: VERY unique, husky tone. giving female Zach Bryan/Noah Kahan

- Hailey Mia: pop powerhouse and we know she ate on The Voice so i'm expecting her to be even better!

- Jayna Brown: powerhouse + rooting for her redemption journey. she got a lot of very positive screentime last season and i can see her winning viewers over! 

- Scarlett Lee: fun personality and a powerhouse. what else is there to say? 

- Victoria Johnson: is giving a mix of Kenedi and Haven! also hearing major Tate McRae influences

Comments on other females 

- K-Blocks: reminds me a lot of Lucy Love 

- Alyssa Raghu: still unsure of how far she is going to get. i can see it going both ways. i hope "I Will Survive" was a campy, fun performance embracing her journey on the show. if it was a serious performance i will cringe.

Male Faves

my thoughts on the men will be a little less passionately written out because as evident by posts here over the year, i am primarly a female artist stan!

- there's a lot of cute pop boys who I enjoy - Bradley Rittman, Blake Proehl, Jordan Anthony, Kenny Holland, and Mackenzie Sol! Blake is probs my fave of all of them.

- Jack Blocker seems to be the quirky indie guy of the season. cool tone and has major potential! however, he makes strange facial expressions while he sings, so hopefully the judges comment on that lol.

- Alto Moon is probs my fave of the R&B guys. very modern and cool vibes there!

- Ziggy Krassenberg is CAMP. dead on arrival if he makes it but we love a fun novelty contestant ❤️ 

the rest of the guys are r&b or gospel types and i don't really have an interest in them so won't be commenting on that now. will wait until we get to Hawaii to dive deeper into those who do make it. if theres anyone ppl think i should look at lmk. 

Males IDF needs to be worried about 💀 (Country WGWG's)

- Dawson Slade Mitchell

- Brant McCollough

- Emery Robbins

- Isaiah Case

- Max Dasher

- Triston Harper (is not white, but country and guitar)

- Will Mosely

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

final thoughts for now:

there are a LOT of religious/CCM influenced contestants this season y'all. i'm not complaining because they are ofc still talented artists and Megan really opened me up to appreciating the genre. that being said... it's just a lot lol. can't blame idol for pandering to their core audience!

4 hours ago, m1key said:

okay decided I'm going to drop my thoughts now because i'm bored but won't be sharing predictions yet. be prepared for a long writeup - i promise i have a life and a job 😭

Female Faves

- Abi Carter: pop girlie who can play instruments 😍 also her cover song choices on her insta are amazing

- Cate Gartner: similar feelings as Emmy. not sure if they will cast both but I enjoy her as well!

- Emmy Russell: pop/indie/country crossover artist. definitely has a lot of potential for being a versatile artist. her legacy will carry her as well!

- Jennifer Jefferies: VERY unique, husky tone. giving female Zach Bryan/Noah Kahan

- Hailey Mia: pop powerhouse and we know she ate on The Voice so i'm expecting her to be even better!

- Jayna Brown: powerhouse + rooting for her redemption journey. she got a lot of very positive screentime last season and i can see her winning viewers over! 

- Scarlett Lee: fun personality and a powerhouse. what else is there to say? 

- Victoria Johnson: is giving a mix of Kenedi and Haven! also hearing major Tate McRae influences

Comments on other females 

- K-Blocks: reminds me a lot of Lucy Love 

- Alyssa Raghu: still unsure of how far she is going to get. i can see it going both ways. i hope "I Will Survive" was a campy, fun performance embracing her journey on the show. if it was a serious performance i will cringe.

Male Faves

my thoughts on the men will be a little less passionately written out because as evident by posts here over the year, i am primarly a female artist stan!

- there's a lot of cute pop boys who I enjoy - Bradley Rittman, Blake Proehl, Jordan Anthony, Kenny Holland, and Mackenzie Sol! Blake is probs my fave of all of them.

- Jack Blocker seems to be the quirky indie guy of the season. cool tone and has major potential! however, he makes strange facial expressions while he sings, so hopefully the judges comment on that lol.

- Alto Moon is probs my fave of the R&B guys. very modern and cool vibes there!

- Ziggy Krassenberg is CAMP. dead on arrival if he makes it but we love a fun novelty contestant ❤️ 

the rest of the guys are r&b or gospel types and i don't really have an interest in them so won't be commenting on that now. will wait until we get to Hawaii to dive deeper into those who do make it. if theres anyone ppl think i should look at lmk. 

Males IDF needs to be worried about 💀 (Country WGWG's)

- Dawson Slade Mitchell

- Brant McCollough

- Emery Robbins

- Isaiah Case

- Max Dasher

- Triston Harper (is not white, but country and guitar)

- Will Mosely

Bradley Rittman would come under Rnb he sings mainly rnb covers on Instagram and tiktok he is more pop/rnb vibes. 

If up to me u would choose a top 25 here is who i would put through 

Boys 

Alto moon 

Blake Proehl

Octavious Johnson 

Bradley Rittman 

Nick Connors 

Nars Taylor 

Jack Blocker 

Jordan anthony 

Will Mosely 

Roman Collins 

Michael Rice 

Bk witdavoice 

Ricky Moyer 

Girls 

Hailey Mia 

Scarlett Lee 

K-block 

Justice murphy 

Victoria Johnson 

Alyssa Raghu 

Hayley Rashel 

Abi Carter 

Jayna Elise Brown 

Laela Dasher 

Mcaela McCall 

Christine Umali 

So 13 boys and 12 girls 

9 minutes ago, Meme123 said:

If up to me u would choose a top 25 here is who i would put through 

Boys 

Alto moon 

Blake Proehl

Octavious Johnson 

Bradley Rittman 

Nick Connors 

Nars Taylor 

Jack Blocker 

Jordan anthony 

Will Mosely 

Roman Collins 

Michael Rice 

Bk witdavoice 

Ricky Moyer 

Girls 

Hailey Mia 

Scarlett Lee 

K-block 

Justice murphy 

Victoria Johnson 

Alyssa Raghu 

Hayley Rashel 

Abi Carter 

Jayna Elise Brown 

Laela Dasher 

Mcaela McCall 

Christine Umali 

So 13 boys and 12 girls 

Thankfully it's not up to just you.  :dead:

• Haha 2

Was Jordan Anthony a new addition because I didn't recognize that name until now:

He came in 4th place on The Voice Australia in 2019 at age 14. He was the last to audition/ended up as a 1-chair. (and he defeated Sheldon Riley, who a lot of y'all may know from several shows)

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Was Jordan Anthony a new addition because I didn't recognize that name until now:

He came in 4th place on The Voice Australia in 2019 at age 14. He was the last to audition/ended up as a 1-chair. (and he defeated Sheldon Riley, who a lot of y'all may know from several shows)

No he was listed very early on in fact before most of the contestants