American Idol S21 Auditions Episode 3 Discussion

istersay

Just now, QueenKalie said:

For a good reason. :dead:

i mean i get that it didn't fit for the show, but i feel like their whole thing of "it's so hard to deprogram the theater" is silly. because like. is it really?? she clearly has the vocal chops for the show

also, this goodbye yellow brick road contestant is so good

thought that one guy Luke  said was too much theater was sort of good.

Emma is good in parts  but some bad notes.

Just now, QueenCami said:

i mean i get that it didn't fit for the show, but i feel like their whole thing of "it's so hard to deprogram the theater" is silly. because like. is it really?? she clearly has the vocal chops for the show

also, this goodbye yellow brick road contestant is so good

jk there was a messed up note in there, but still i like her!

Just now, m1key said:

Her vibrato 💀 The end of the song/her upper range was AMAZING but I was not a fan of her lower range and vibrato. 

i loved the lower part more than the end (i thought she messed up the end a bit?)

but idk maybe im just a theater fan 😭 

1 minute ago, m1key said:

Her vibrato 💀 The end of the song/her upper range was AMAZING but I was not a fan of her lower range and vibrato. 

Yeah I kinda think this was it?

I'm not really sure what to make of this audition. But I also can't stand this song sooo she's not really winning me over here. 👽

Emma a little better on the second song.

Just now, *Wallace said:

lol Katy saying that the judges tell the truth and only the truth on American Idol. That applies for the auditions but then they completely lose that for the live shows. :dead: 

maybe since the voters decide that might be a good thing unless they are really bad.

When I wanted another song, I didn't want or ask for "Happy Birthday." 👽 :dead: 

But that was kinda better for me, so yayy! She's definitely got some great vocal talent in there. I'm just not won over yet.

• Like 1

Just now, jdanton2 said:

maybe since the voters decide that might be a good thing unless they are really bad.

yeah one of the things i really disliked on "The Four" was that it seemed that the judges tried to twist the results to be a certain way based on their feedback. i think having a somewhat blank slate on feedback is good.