American Idol S21 Auditions Episode 3 Discussion

istersay

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Great for you. I flop a lot 🥲

Awww nooo, I'm sure that's not true. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

the women this episode are killing it !!!!!! 

Olivia gives me Kenedi vibes just in terms of the strong piano ballad audition. please don't drop out 😭  

Ooh dear @ the Kenedi comparison. Let's not go there. 🙈

• Haha 1

Olivia was the best so far tonight .Lionel Ritchie is one of the best singer songwriters ever. his songs should be covered more on Idol and other singing shows.

Edited by jdanton2

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

This episode is about the GIRLIES! 

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

the women this episode are killing it !!!!!! 

I was going to say this same thing. :haha: This is definitely an episode catered to IDF. :dead: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Ooh dear @ the Kenedi comparison. Let's not go there. 🙈

LMAO maybe i'm being dramatic but i really loved it. plus i think that Kenedi's audition wasn't her strongest showing on AI anyway, so i felt like it balanced out well. 

also the kinda surprise big note in the middle of it also called to mind Kenedi. but whether or not she's "as good as" Kenedi, i suspect i will be rooting for her this season especially if she continues performing like that !! 

1 minute ago, jdanton2 said:

Olivia was the best so far tonight Lionel Ritchie is one of the best singer songwriters ever. his songs should be covered more on Idol and other singing shows.

Easy is my favorite song of his

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

LMAO maybe i'm being dramatic but i really loved it. plus i think that Kenedi's audition wasn't her strongest showing on AI anyway, so i felt like it balanced out well. 

also the kinda surprise big note in the middle of it also called to mind Kenedi. but whether or not she's "as good as" Kenedi, i suspect i will be rooting for her this season especially if she continues performing like that !! 

Oooh ahhh I understand what you're saying. :haha: I didn't think of the comparison myself but both gave really beautiful auditions. All of what you're saying does make sense. But yeah I'm just hoping she doesn't pull a Kenedi as that was painful to go through. 🙈 :haha: 

• Like 1

Just now, *Wallace said:

Oooh ahhh I understand what you're saying. :haha: I didn't think of the comparison myself but both gave really beautiful auditions. All of what you're saying does make sense. But yeah I'm just hoping she doesn't pull a Kenedi as that was painful to go through. 🙈 :haha: 

yeah ugh :( but i guess thinking about it, if she had made the top 3, she would've pushed Leah out, so there's some pros and some cons. but anyway it would've been amazing to hear more performances from her 💔

• Like 1

Preston with too much twangy Country for me.

Just now, QueenCami said:

yeah ugh :( but i guess thinking about it, if she had made the top 3, she would've pushed Leah out, so there's some pros and some cons. but anyway it would've been amazing to hear more performances from her 💔

Agreeed with you on all of this. Shame as I would have loved both Leah and Kenedi in the Top 3 but there probably would have been space for just one of them there.

Preston is good at what he's doing and sings with a lot of heart and emotion, which I appreciate. :yes: And nice songwriting skills. Sadly, not really a fan otherwise. But he doesn't need me, lol. I am sure he'll go far.

does not deserve the golden ticket . one of the worst so far tonight.