Australian Idol Season 8

thevoiceisthetop

Last Episode

Sharin Attamimi - I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor - ELIMINATED

Josh Hannan - Glimpse of Us by JOJI - ADVANCED

Jasey Fox - Grace Kelly by MIKA - ADVANCED

Noora H - Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton John - ADVANCED

Bobby Holmes - Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars - ELIMINATED

Angelina Curtis - The Only Exception by Paramore - TOUCHDOWN by CONNICK JR - ADVANCED TO TOP 12

Peter Kara - Diamonds by Sam Smith - ELIMINATED

Sara Houston - I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado - ELIMINATED

Top 12

Amali Dimond

Angelina Curtis

Anya Hynninen

Ben Sheehy

Harry Hayden

Josh Hannan

Jasey Fox

Maya Weiss

Noora H

Phoebe Stewart

Royston Sagigi-Baira

Sash Seabourne

After watching the Top 24 performances and the Top 50 week I think this my current ranking.

1. Amali  - she sort of reminds me of Louisa Johnson from x factor.

2. Phoebe - shes got a cool sounding voice.  I am into it.

3. Jacey - I think he's probably the best performer.  I don't see him lasting too long but I enjoy what I see so far.

4. Anya - I didn't remember anything from Anja during the Top 50 round, but she had probably my favorite Top 24 performance.

5. Noora - One of the most memorable in Top 50 week, but I didn't love her performance this round!

6. Royston - I like him, but he was one of the weakest performances of the Top 24 week.  I see him doing better in the upcoming rounds.

7. Angelina - I am not sure I have the same hype as the judges.  Maybe I will see it as the season progresses.

8. Sash - The better of the rockers.

9. Maya - I like her voice.

10. Harry - I hope if he sticks around that he will grow on me.  His Top 50 solo performance was way better then this.  I don't find his voice dynamic enough for that Top 24 song.

11. Josh - not really interested in what he's bringing.

12. Ben - so I thought he deserved to advance from his group, but his voice is going to get old quickly.  Not a big fan of the screaming thing, 

16 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ah I just discovered this came back last week. :dead: I was shocked. 😮 Not sure if I will watch.... I'm tempted to do so but not sure where/how I'll fit in time to do so. :haha: 

The Top 24 vids are on youtube if you have a vpn and can get to australia.

• Thanks 1

Top 12 Journeys So Far for those who missed the episodes

@Wallace

Ben Sheehy

Audition: Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin

Chorus Line: Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

Group Round: Roar by Katy Perry

Solo Round: Fortunante Son by CCR

Top 24: Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Josh Hannan

Audition: Brother by Matt Corby

Chorus Line: Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Group Round: Perfect by Ed Sheeran

Solo Round: It'll Be Okay by Shawn Mendes

Top 24: Glimpse of Us by JOJI

Harry Hayden

Audition: I Am Changing by Jennifer Hudson

Chorus Line: Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi

Group Line: Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Solo Round: You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse

Top 24: Take Me To Church by Hozier

Maya Weiss

Audition: Wings by Little Mix

Chorus Line: Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande

Group Line: I'll Be There by Jess Glynne

Solo Round: Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan

Top 24: Addicted To You by Avicci - Touchdown

Sash Seabourne 

Audition: I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston

Group Line: Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

Solo Round: Finally by CeCe Penniston

Top 24: Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

Angelina Curtis

Audition: Message to my Girl by Split Enz

Chorus Line: Try by P!nk

Solo Round: Strong by London Grammar

Top 24: The Only Exception by Paramore - Touchdown

Royston Sagigi-Baira

Audition: I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith

Solo Round: Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish

Top 24: Versace on The Floor by Bruno Mars

Noora H

Audition: She Wolf by Sia

Group Line: Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Solo Round: Stay by Rihanna

Top 24: Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton John

Anya Hynninen

Audition: Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

Group Line: Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake

Solo Round: I Was Made For Lovin You by KISS

Top 24: The Best by Tina Turner - TOUCHDOWN

Jasey Fox

Audition: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

Solo Round: Does Your Mother Know by ABBA

Top 24: Grace Kelly by MIKA

Phoebe Stewart

Audition: One and Only by Adele

Chorus Line:  Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Solo Round: Lose You To Love Me by Selena Gomez

Top 24: You Got the Love by Florence and the Machine - TOUCHDOWN

Amali Dimond

Audition: Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan/Adele

Solo Round: Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi

Top 24: Unstoppable by Sia

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Solaris said:

The Top 24 vids are on youtube if you have a vpn and can get to australia.

7 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Top 12 Journeys So Far for those who missed the episodes

@Wallace

Ben Sheehy

Audition: Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin

Group Round: Roar by Katy Perry

Solo Round: Fortunante Son by CCR

Top 24: Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Josh Hannan

Audition: Brother by Matt Corby

Group Round: Perfect by Ed Sheeran

Solo Round: It'll Be Okay by Shawn Mendes

Top 24: Glimpse of Us by JOJI

Harry Hayden

Audition: I Am Changing by Jennifer Hudson

Chorus Line: Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi

Group Line: Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Solo Round: You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse

Top 24: Take Me To Church by Hozier

Maya Weiss

Audition: Wings by Little Mix

Solo Round: Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan

Top 24: Addicted To You by Avicci - Touchdown

Sash Seabourne 

Audition: I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston

Solo Round: Finally by CeCe Penniston

Top 24: Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

Angelina Curtis

Audition: Message to my Girl by Split Enz

Chorus Line: Try by P!nk

Solo Round: Strong by London Grammar

Top 24: The Only Exception by Paramore - Touchdown

Royston Sagigi-Baira

Audition: I'm Not the Only One by Sam Smith

Solo Round: Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish

Top 24: Versace on The Floor by Bruno Mars

Noora H

Audition: She Wolf by Sia

Group Line: Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Solo Round: Stay by Rihanna

Top 24: Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton John

Anya Hynninen

Audition: Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

Group Line: Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake

Solo Round: I Was Made For Lovin You by KISS

Top 24: The Best by Tina Turner - TOUCHDOWN

Jasey Fox

Audition: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

Solo Round: Does Your Mother Know by ABBA

Top 24: Grace Kelly by MIKA

Phoebe Stewart

Audition: One and Only by Adele

Chorus Line:  Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Solo Round: Lose You To Love Me by Selena Gomez

Top 24: You Got the Love by Florence and the Machine - TOUCHDOWN

Amali Dimond

Audition: Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan/Adele

Solo Round: Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi

Top 24: Unstoppable by Sia

Thank you both for all of the info! :hug: 

I usually start from the semi-finals, so if I have time to catch up, I'll try to start from this week's shows.

Ugh, Sarah should’ve made it into the Top 12 over Harry, IMO. He’s likable but lacks the vocals to go all the way. That’s why I hate semifinalists being split up into random groups. I think Sarah would’ve made it had she been in one of the other groups. I also thought Peter received much harsher criticism than he deserved. He was also better than Harry. 

Other than that, this is a really solid Top 12. Still rooting for Amali because I think she has the potential to be an international pop star. Josh and Angelina would be worthy winners as well. 

My current boot order:

12. Harry

11. Sash 

10. Royston 

09. Noora

08. Ben

07. Maya

06. Phoebe 

05. Jasey

04. Anya

03. Angelina

02. Josh

Winner: Amali

Edited by Carrie_On

Finally caught up. The only semi final performances I liked were Jasey, Angelina, Maya, Ben and Royston’s. The rest were either bad or completely forgettable.

01. Jasey

02. Maya

03. Ben

04. Royston

05. Angelina

06. Anya

07. Noora

08. Harry

09. Amali

10. Sash

11. Josh

12. Phoebe

I decided to watch the first show last night. Hopefully I can watch the other two later on before Sunday.

Amali Dimond (16) - Unstoppable by Sia - Wow Amali is so young and she's got such a big and powerful voice. She chose a challenging song with "Unstoppable." She delivered a really strong performance here. I love her big powerful booming voice here. She opened the season on a really great note.

Royston Sagigi-Baira - Versace on The Floor by Bruno Mars - It's nice how Royston wants to represent the Indigenous community. Royston showcased he has a very powerful voice though I feel like I notice a shaky vibrato in there. I do love the Bruno song choice he made here. He's got a big voice and certainly has potential. He sang the song well. But there's something a little shaky in his tone that's kinda iffy and weird to me? I don't know what it is but this was still good. Maybe it was what Harry said with the beginning being a bit out of tune?

Noah Cookson - Blinding Lights by The Weeknd - Ooh goodness at him fainting at the Top 50 rounds. Wow that was really scary and sad to see. :( Ooh ok he's doing an acoustic version of "Blinding Lights"? This is really interesting. Hmm I wasn't really into this that much at first as I thought he sucked the fun and excitement out of the song. But once I got past that, this was starting to grow on me. He did make it his own and make it fit him, which was cool. I liked some parts of his voice that he showcased towards the end. Overall, I liked some parts and didn't like other parts. OMG Kyle flat out saying he didn't like it though. :dead:

Anya Hynninen - Simply the Best - Oooh Anya is the pink haired country singer. But then she called herself a bluesy soul singer. So I am confused now. But ok this is a very interesting version of "Simply the Best," which I wasn't expecting. This was slowed down, emotional and pretty. This ended up being a lot better than what I was expecting.  I didn't like much of her earlier rounds stuff (from what I saw) but I did enjoy this from her. Oh wow Anya got the first touchdown from Amy Shark? Congrats to Anya. 😮 Aww at how emotional she got when talking about her mother. :(

Ben Sheehy - Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin  - Okay so he's like an older style classic rock singer? I get that from what was shown of him and this song choice. Oooh dear, okay, so I am not really a fan of this song. And... I was not a fan of this performance at all. I found it really painful and tough to watch. His big high notes sounded really painful. But then I would have expected him to have more stage presence with a song like this but he either just walked around here and there or just stayed there. Not a fan of this. Lol I didn't even like Matt Corby's version of this but this performance made me miss his performance.

Piper Butcher - Like a Prayer by Madonna - Piper auditioned at her garage and got a tickey from Harry there? But ooo ok, I takei t that Piper is another rocker girl? She's interesting but I don't know, I don't think I'm really into her voice much. The acoustic rock version of this song she gave was interesting. And yeah this performance was interesting too. I can't say I completely loved it but also didn't dislike it either. It was unique, decent and interesting, I guess those words work. She does have a haunting and low voice, this is cool.

James Vawser - 20 Good Reasons by Thirsty Merc - Hmm James' earlier rounds stuff was alright. He seems like a nice and likable guy. I thought he delivered a fairly nice and decent performance. It started off a little meh/sleepy to me but then I liked how he built the song up once the song picked up. Overall a nice performance but not too memorable. Ooof Harry called him out on singing out of tune and not up to the level of the other singers. Oh DANGG, Kyle saying ~we probably won't be seeing you again after this~. Dang I forgot how harsh these judges can be. :dead: But I didn't detect any lies from Kyle though it was quite harsh.

Bec Voysey - A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay - Ooooh Bec is really beautiful. 😮 Bec also has a cute and likable personality... and she has a really pretty voice. This Coldplay song is a very interesting song choice. Actually kind of a weird song choice. :ph34rwave: But I thought she sounded really nice and pretty on the song. I do like her voice and it's pretty. Hmm I can kinda get Harry's comments on the song not really showcasing her talent and it's a strange song choice as it didn't allow her to do much for her. She had great energy and performed really well, but I think she has potential to do better. Ugh I wish she sang a different song.

Rankings:
1. Amali Dimond 
2. Anya Hynninen 
3. Royston Sagigi-Baira 
4. Bec Voysey 
5. Piper Butcher 
6. Noah Cookson 
7. James Vawser 
8. Ben Sheehy 

Anya got the touchdown. Then the judges chose Royston, Amali and Ben. Amali was an obvious given that deserved to advance through. I think Royston has great potential/moments in his voice so I'm happy he made it through. But ugh I was disappointed that Ben made it through. I don't get it from him. 😐 I would have preferred Bec to make it as I would have wanted to see more performances from her.

Semi Finals Episode 2 Thoughts!

Sash Seabourne - Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon - Sash has been doing a lot of softer acoustic singer/songwriter type songs so it's nice that he's doing something with more fire and attitude with this song choice. This was a pretty solid performance from him. He performed it well and had fun with the song. I am not really too crazy about his voice, at least not in this song. Maybe I'll like him more on slower songs? I get the judges commenting on him being pitchy. Lol he had lots of hairorgapy in there towards the end. :giggle: Like some of the judges said, he does have great hair. But yeah this was fine, good but it didn't blow me away.

Maya Weiss - Addicted to Love by Avicci - Oooh Harry gave Maya some tough criticisms with her Top 50 performance - like her performance being an aerobic work out? Oooh I love this song choice for her, as I don't know/feel it's a song that's been done much in singing shows?  I thought this was a pretty strong performance from Maya. I liked how she started off soft and calmly but then I loved how she powered through the song. She built this well up and showcased some strong and powerful vocals. I also love her stage presence and how she had fun performing this. Yay for Megan mentioning that. She was a confident and fierce performing. Wow Kyle giving her the touchdown right away - without any of the other judges commenting. :dead: But this was a great performance all around and deserving of its touchdown.

Naomi Gipey - Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis - Hmm I'm so confused with some of these audition places that happened this year? Naomi has a really good voice based on all of what I see in these clips in her intro. Ooh wow Naomi tackled such a big song with "Bleeding Love" here. 😮 Hmmm okay this was a bold and brave song choice. I'm a bit unsure on her delivery of it, as I wanted to love it more than I did. :( OK I do think nerves took over a lot of her performance and she didn't really seem or perform it that confidently. She had a few decent vocal moments in there. Her vocal potential is totally there. I like that she showcased a lot of range but I did feel like she had a number off vocal moments or vocal moments that weren't all the way there. :( I would have liked seeing more of her to see her growth as she does have potential.

Cooper Turnbull - Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen - Lol wheen Cooper said he gets his fashion style from someone, I was thinking he was gonna say Harry Styles and then he does. :haha: Lol of course, we can't go through a competition series/season without "Hallelujah." :dead: Hmm ok they showed nothing of Cooper's earlier rounds... I wonder why? Anyway, this was a pretty and nice performance from Cooper. He connected well with the song and had a lot of nice vocal moments in there. He took his time with the song and made it intimate. I don't know if he brought anything new or different to the song, but the arrangement/performance worked well for him. I can get Harry's comment on the arrangement being too slow and not getting to sing enough of the lyrics. OMGG lmao dangg Kyle straight up calling it boring... yikes. Aww Cooper's face at that too.

Phoebe Stewart - You've Got the Love by Florence and the Machine - Oooh she's quite a powerful singer for being just 15, at least I could tell that from that Adele song she sang. I like how she did something totally different with an upbeat Florence song. And wow she showcased her strong and powerful voice in this performance here too. Wow she really delivered a truly strong and outstanding vocal here. :omg: I wasn't expecting that but I was loving how she was powering through those big notes. I think the only downside is that I would have liked more stage presence and owning the stage more. But her voice more than made up for that. And oooo she got Meghan's touchdown, which was really great and special to see!

Harry Hayden - Take Me to Church by Hozier - Oooh he has a really beautiful voice from what was shown in his intro video. Aww his backstory of feeling like he didn't belong and leaving his church. :( That leads to a perfect song choice for him here. This was a really good performance. I wasn't sure of some of the opening verse as I felt he rushed that part a bit. But other than that, I thought he gave a fairly good performance. I felt he really connected with the song and really got into the emotion of the song. I do think he's got some great vocal potential but it did seem like some vocal parts went a little too fast like trying to play catch up? I think that led to some pitchy/off vocal spots. But then there were some really good vocal moments and some not as good. I thought it was a pretty cool, unique and interesting performance. 

Damien Agius - Amazed by Lonestar - Damien said he's the only one representing country music? I thought there was a country female artist in the Top 24? But ooo okay, I do love "Amazed" despite how overdone it is, but it is one of my favorite country songs so yay for that, at least. Sadly, this was just an ordinary typical country performance of this song that I have seen many times before. I didn't feel Damien brought anything new or interesting to this song. But I guess him being the only country male artist... that helps him standout? Lmaoo omg Meghan's with her judges comments - she's such a mess and I felt like she was struggling for 30-40 seconds on trying to say something good about his performance? :dead: I agree with Harry that he needs to perform with intent and emotion to the performance as I felt that was lacking. Anyway, this was just alright but forgettable to me.

Kristie Roberts - Respect by Aretha Franklin - Oooh Kristie is a wedding singer and awww she also recently got married to her wife. 😮 Congrats to Kristie there. I wonder if she sang at her own wedding. :giggle: But ooh wow at her taking on some Aretha. I wasn't expecting that from her. I'm also interested in how she's going to make this her own. Okay Kristie did like a slight rockier modern day take on the song. She's got a great big voice and she handled the song as well as she could. I did think she was on points on the verge of oversinging it at times. She had some great vocal moments but some was a bit much. I can get Harry's comment of not seeing much of her own artistry on it. I'm also not sure if the performance felt like it was really her? I didn't really get her pop/rock artistry here. But it was still a solid performance.

Rankings:
1. Maya Weiss 
2. Phoebe Stewart 
3. Harry Hayden 
4. Kristie Roberts 
5. Cooper Turnbull 
6. Sash Seabourne 
7. Naomi Gipey 
8. Damien Agius 

The judges chose Sash and Harry as the other two members to make it through to the Top 12. Hmm I'm okay with those choices. I did like 3-6 more or less around the same amount. I wouldn't have minded if Kristie or Cooper or even Naomi making it through over Sash but I am not too upset over the decisions.

Semi Finals Episode 3 Thoughts!

Sharin Attamimi - I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor - Oooh Sharin is rally pretty and oooh, I really enjoyed her "Rise Up" at the Top 50 round. Hmm, I do love this song but I'm not really sure about this as a song choice for a singing competition as it's quite outdated. I do like the attitude she had and performed the song with. I also really like her voice and think she's got a great powerful voice too. She had some grit and rawness in her voice too. The performance was cooler and sassier than I was expecting. I am glad it wasn't karoake as it could have been. I can get Harry's comments on this performance not showcasing her artistry, which I did fear with the song choice/arrangement. But I still would have loved to have seen more from her.

Josh Hannan - Glimpse of Us by JOJI - Josh showcased good vulnerability and grit in his earlier performances. But ahh he seems nervous to be performing without an instrument on that intro video. Oooh I do really like this song choice from Josh. This is a nice, current song choices that allows him to showcase his emotional connection to it. And yeah this was a really beautiful performance. I do think some of his vocals got a little mumbly here and there, but outside of that I thought he had a really good and solid voice. I liked the range he showcased with the lower and higher notes  and most of all, he really connected with the song and gave an emotional performance. This was a really good first impression of him for me.

Jasey Fox - Grace Kelly by MIKA - Oooh Jasey is a triple threat that can sing, dance and act. From what I've seen of Jasey in the intro, he's definitely a born performer. Hmm I am not really a fan of his song choice  as I normally don't like/care for that song but that doesn't really matter as I did really enjoy what Jasey did with this song. This was a really fun and entertaining performer. I love how he always puts on a show and can really entertain the crowd. And he's actually got a really impressive singing voice, which I wasn't expecting. He has a lot of really good and powerful vocal range - where he got to showcase big notes and falsetto notes and everything in between. This was really fun and good. I think he's someone needed for this competition and he'll surely stand out here.

Noora H - Hopelessly Devoted to You by Olivia Newton John - Aww at how emotional she got regarding her Top 50 performance and her role of representation. She did deliver a beautiful performance of "Stay" there. And ooo she's singing a big and iconic song here too. I like that she put a bit of an R&B/soulful approach with the song. I thought she delivered a really pretty performance with some really beautiful and stunning vocals in there. I was a bit unsure with some of the first verse as some parts were a bit mumbly there. Maybe she was a little nervous at the start? But she built this song up and sang it well especially towards that second half.

Bobby Holmes - Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars - Aw that's fun that Bobby got to audition with his brother but aww it's sad that his brother got eliminated in the competition in the earlier round. Oooh I really love the song choice he made here. Sadly I wish I loved his performance as much as his song choice. Hmmm, his voice is alright but I don't think it qas quite strong enough of a voice to pull off the song. I like that he put on a performance and had fun with it. But it did come off karoake and just not as good as the original. :( Sadly I just don't think it worked for him - which Harry did allude to in his comments.Maybe if he did a different/acoustic arrangement, it could have worked for him? LMAO Meghan really rambles on when she can't find anything good about the performance. :dead: Aww I do kinda feel bad for Bobby with the judges saying that they missed him performing with his brothers.

Angelina Curtis - The Only Exception by Paramore - Oooh wow at Kyle comparing Angelina to Delta Goodrem. 😮 Oooh, this is such a unique and really pretty song choice she made. Oooh and she's only 15. Oh and wow with Angelina performing this with the piano too. This was such a gorgeous, stunning and heavenly performance. She has such a pretty and tender voice and definitely sang the performance beautifully. The arrangement was lovely with the pretty piano playing here. This was definitely a great and special moment for her. Lol there was so much hype over Harry's touchdown and OMG wow he really had to overdo it and be so extra with how he gave this touchdown. :dead: But he did give it to a very worthy performance so yay for that. :yes: Def one of the strongest performances this week.

Peter Kara - Diamonds by Sam Smith - lmao When I kept seeing Peter singing "Diamonds," I kept on thinknig he was going to sing the Rihanna song but I forgot about the Sam Smith song. Hmm, I do like Peter's voice from what was shown in the earlier rounds. It's also interesting how Sam Smith was the first artist Peter ever sang in public and now hes returned to form with that here. While I do think there could have been better Sam songs for him to sing, I do really like his voice and what he did with the song. He's got a great, strong and powerful and yeah he definitely sang the song very well. I especially liked how he built it up towards the end. The judges comments were a bit strange here where they complimented him on his vocals but questioned if that was enough to move on. It was like he was judged on a much higher level than others. But I do agree with Meghan that this wasn't quite the best song choice. Ugh I felt like this group was so stacked. I would have loved seeing more from him going forward - but there's so many people I want to see go forward. 

Sara Houston - I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado - Lol Scott talking to Sara's boyfriend and he out here swearing. Oh that wouldn't  fly on American TV haha. Aww Sara talking about her bone cancer and having 32 surgeries on her audition and wow at her not planning to auditition until like 11 hours before her audition. 😮 Wow this song choice is such a throwback here, haha I love it. Hmm, this performance was alright but I wish I liked it more. I think she has a nice and pretty voice and I think she connected well with the song. Something with her performance mannerisms and how she performed this, it didn't really click or work for me? I think I was waiting for some big powerful moments in there but it didn't quite happen. It was good but with how stacked this group was, her performance looked less impressive than what it would have been in other groups. It is really nice to see her walking and moving around the stage though.

Rankings:
1. Angelina Curtis 
2. Jasey Fox 
3. Josh Hannan 
4. Peter Kara 
5. Noora H 
6. Sharin Attamimi 
7. Sara Houston 
8. Bobby Holmes 

I thought this was the strongest group yet. I did really enjoy My Top 6 (and #7) performances this episode where that wasn't the case with the other episodes. The judges chose Josh, Noora and Jasey. I can't really fault those decisions and I'm good with those choices. I just wish there was space for Sharin or Peter because they probably would have easily made it through in other groups (at least for me).

I'm not really sure but I tried to rank the Top 12 based on these performances and how much I enjoy their personalities and how I am rooting for them, since I only got these semi finals performances to base things off, lol.

Overall Top 12
1. Amali Dimond
2. Maya Weiss 
3. Phoebe Stewart 
4. Angelina Curtis 
5. Jasey Fox 
6. Anya Hynninen
7. Josh Hannan 
8. Royston Sagigi-Baira
9. Noora H 
10. Harry Hayden 
11. Sash Seabourne 
12. Ben Sheehy

These rankings could definitely change in the upcoming weeks. But now that I have seen this week's shows, I'm excited for the finals rounds to begin!

My ranking for the Top12 is:

1 - Noora H

2 - Jasey Fox

3 - Maya Weiss

4 - Amali Dimond

5 - Anya Hynninen

6 - Angelina Curtis

7 - Harry Hayden

8 - Phoebe Stewart

9 - Sash Seabourne

10 - Royston Sagigi-Baira

11 - Ben Sheehy

12 - Josh Hannan

Is my first season watching the whole season of Australian Idol, is hard to see something here in Brazil about but thanks this thread I was able to see

3 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I have a feeling Ben is going to get a lot further than he should…Australia likes their rock music on these singing shows even though Ben is IMO very “ cover bandish” for lack of a better adjective…

Ugh yeah, I definitely fear Ben is going to make it a lot further than what I would like him to do. :/ 

1 hour ago, MateusSa said:

Is my first season watching the whole season of Australian Idol, is hard to see something here in Brazil about but thanks this thread I was able to see

there's a reddit forum where they post the episodes right after it airs

I'm also from Brazil, and that is how I watch it

16 hours ago, searomordep said:

there's a reddit forum where they post the episodes right after it airs

I'm also from Brazil, and that is how I watch it

Yes i'm watching thanks to this reddit forum, some weeks ago I only watch the episodes 2/3 days after airing because the dailymotion channel that was posting has this delay, but this reddit forum is so much faster and I can watch at the same day

Top 12 Performances

@Wallace @searomordep

Jasey Fox - Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer

Angelina Curtis - I Don't Want To Miss a Thing by Aerosmith

Maya Weiss - Cold Heart (Pnau Remix) by Elton John and Dua Lipa

Joshua Hannan - You Found Me by The Fray

Amali Dimond - Grenade by Bruno Mars

Ben Sheehy - Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi

Noora H - Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

Harry Hayden - How Will I Know by Whitney Houston

Anya Hynninen - Papa Don't Preach by Madonna

Sash Seabourne - Every Breath You Take by The Police

Phoebe Stewart - Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth and Emeli Sande - JUDGES SAVE to Top 10

Royston Sagigi-Baira - Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson

2 will be eliminated tomorrow night

• Thanks 2

Before the first eliminations, I'll do my unpopular ranking for the top 12

*I didn't watch the top 12 performances yet, so I'm based on their journey

1. & 2. Noora H & Josh Hannan (Every time I watch I change my mind about who I prefer)

3. Phoebe Stewart

4. Angelina Curtis 

5. Amali Dimond

6. Harry Hayden

7. Ben Sheehy

8. Maya Weiss

9. Royston Sagigi-Baira

10. Jasey Fox

11. Anya Hynninen

12. Sash Seabourne

Edited by searomordep

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Top 12 Performances

@Wallace @searomordep

Jasey Fox - Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer

Angelina Curtis - I Don't Want To Miss a Thing by Aerosmith

Maya Weiss - Cold Heart (Pnau Remix) by Elton John and Dua Lipa

Joshua Hannan - You Found Me by The Fray

Amali Dimond - Grenade by Bruno Mars

Ben Sheehy - Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi

Noora H - Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

Harry Hayden - How Will I Know by Whitney Houston

Anya Hynninen - Papa Don't Preach by Madonna

Sash Seabourne - Every Breath You Take by The Police

Phoebe Stewart - Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth and Emeli Sande - JUDGES SAVE to Top 10

Royston Sagigi-Baira - Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson

2 will be eliminated tomorrow night

Thanks for posting these! 

Love most of these songs here. Love Jasey's, Maya's, Joshua's, Amali's, Noora's, Phoebe's and Royston's song choices. Love some others too though those are mostly overdone. :haha: