Australian Idol Season 8

thevoiceisthetop

3 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

It will be very interesting to see who lands in the bottom tonight…I think it’s obvious which 2 will go…

maybe not….

I can’t put up the picture because the size is too big….but, the Australian Idol twitter is saying it’s a surprise bottom 4 with a favourite going home…but people are pointing out that voting is still open…

33 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

maybe not….

I can’t put up the picture because the size is too big….but, the Australian Idol twitter is saying it’s a surprise bottom 4 with a favourite going home…but people are pointing out that voting is still open…

lol That tweet was probably posted to make sure people vote for the favorites/frontrunners as they may not be getting the votes this week? :haha: 

12 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

lol That tweet was probably posted to make sure people vote for the favorites/frontrunners as they may not be getting the votes this week? :haha: 

we shall see in a couple of hours if this is real or whether it’s just scare tactics to get more votes ..

How Anya avoided the bottom four is beyond me. :whut: I don’t get why they made them sing again. None of them did very well and it seemed a bit pointless. 

I’m glad Ben was able to be in the top three for votes this week. :wub: I don’t think he’ll manage to scrape by next week but that’s a huge increase considering he’s been in the bottom four each week. 

Amali hasn’t really shown any versatility since the live shows began and has put herself out of the race at this point, imo. Anya doesn’t stand a chance. Ben is the underdog so unless people get behind that story he’s done. Phoebe landing in the bottom four will give her a boost next week so she’ll be fine. Royston is too likeable and consistent to be in danger so he’ll walk to the final. Josh is another level so I’d be surprised if he goes next week.

01. Josh

02. Ben

03. Royston

04. Phoebe 

05. Anya
06. Amali

I think this the first time in history where no women are in my top three. I’m fully rooting for the guys and hope they can smash it next week. Viewers choice could be a train wreck though.

• Confused 1

Ughh Ben being completely safe. 😐 Why couldn't he have gone two weeks ago or last week? 

Not gonna lie, when that post about a shocking result came out, I was expecting Amali to be in the Bottom and be eliminated. Sad she landed in the Bottom but so glad she made it through! ❤️ Really shocked about Phoebe landing down there but glad she made it through too.

Angelina did seem to be going downhill (though didn't see her performance this week yet) and Noora was in danger the other week in the public vote. Of the Bottom 4, I'm at peace with those two going.

I do hope that Amali, Phoebe and Royston can make the final. I'm at a toss up between Anya and Josh. I think Josh will make it through. So my ideal eliminees would be Anya and Ben for next week, but we'll see how lucky I am there. :haha: 

Top 8 Result Show

Safe

Josh Hannan

Royston Sagigi-Baira

Anya Hynninen

Ben Sheehy

Bottom 4:

Amali Dimond - Secret Love Song by Little Mix - ADVANCED

Phoebe Stewart - Call Out My Name by The Weeknd - ADVANCED

Angelina Curtis - Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars - ELIMINATED

Noora H - Chanderlier by Sia - ELIMINATED

JOURNEYS 

Noora H

Audition: She Wolf by Sia

Chorus Line: Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grane

Group Round: Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars

Solo Round: Stay by Rihanna

Top 24: Hopelessly Devoted To You by Olivia Newton John

Top 12: Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper

Top 12 Bottom 4: I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston

Top 10: The Voice Within by Christina Aguilera - JUDGES VOTE

Top 8: Scared to Be Lonely by Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa

Top 8 Bottom 4: Chandelier by Sia

Angelina Curtis

Audition: Message to My Girl by Split Enz

Chorus Line: Try by P!nk

Group Round: Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

Solo Round: Strong by London Grammar

Top 24: The Only Exception by Paramore

Top 12: I Don't Want To Miss a Thing by Aerosmith

Top 10: As It Was by Harry Styles

Top 8: Born to Try by Delta Goodrem

Top 8 Bottom 4: Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars

Finally got around to watching this week's shows!

Top 8 Performance show Thoughts!

Amali Diamond - Unconditionally by Katy Perry - Dedicated to her dad: Aww it's sweet how Amali dedciated her song to her father. It was sweet seeing their relationship and how supportive he is of her. ❤️ This was a great song choice for her and it suited her and her voice really well. She connected well with the song and delivered a strong and powerful vocal. She does well with starting the song off softly and then powering through it. Beautiful performance to kick off the show!

Angelina Curtis - Born to Try by Delta Goodrem - Dedicated to Delta Goodrem: Oooh it's interesting how Angelina dedicated her performance to Delta Goodrem while singing a song by her. Oooh and wow, she got a video message from her too? Aww that's so special and awww I loved Angelina's reaction to that. ❤️ It was nice seeing Angelina back on the piano, which I had a feeling she would do after last week. :haha: I thought this was a pretty song and a pretty performance. I didn't think it was as terrible as some people thought. But I did think it was kind of an inconsistent vocal. I thought she sang some parts well but some parts did sound kind of off. I did like some of the falsetto moments she hit. I do get Harry's concern for her with the midtempo ballad performances she loves to do as these performances can all merge into one and not make her standout, which I am feeling is the case with her.

Royston Sagigi-Baira - The Climb by Miley Cyrus - Dedicated to his year two teacher, Miss Alex: Ooh I wasn't expecting this song choice for Royston but at the same time, it's expected to show up in a dedication show. Royston did a really good job with this song. He started it off softly but connected well with the song. Then he built the song up with a lot of power and showcased great vocal range. This was another powerful and moving performance from him. :yes: Aww I love how they surprised him by bringing Miss Alex to the show. That was so sweet.

Noora H - Scared to Be Lonely by Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa - Dedicated to her online community.: Oooh wow, this is so interesting that she dedicated her song to the online fan community. That's unexpected but really cool. Oooh wow this was also an unexpected song choice but it's a song she sang on her social media, which is cool. I'm interested in how she can handle a Dua Lipa track. Hmm I like that she did something different, funky and with more of a tempo to it. I wasn't really too sure of this song at the start with how she sang it. But I liked how she progressed with the song and performance. She did have a cool naturalness to how she performed this. She had some nice big notes at the end as well. I'm glad she took this risk to do something different (though it didn't work for her the following night).

Phoebe Stewart - You Say by Lauren Daigle - Dedicated to her Late Grandfather: This was a sweet dedication from Phoebe and aww at her losing her grandfather. :( Aww I loved the old videos they showed of Phoebe and her grandfather when she was little.  Ooh this is so interesting with her performing in heels and that being a big part of her intro video. Wow Phoebe knocks it out of the park with another fantastic performance! This was the perfect song choice for her that allowed her to emotionally connect with the song. Not only that but she sang this song wonderfully and beautifully. The lower notes were lovely and I loved how she powered though the song. LOL Meghan's comments on the smoke on stage and having to walk in them in heels. :lmao: All in all, another beautiful performance from Phoebe.

Ben Sheehy - Joke and the Thief by Wolfmother - Dedicated to the music school he went to: His dedication of this song to his music school was cool and it was nice to see how he started his love of music. I do like this song choice for him, as it's a fun and rockin' tune. While I still don't care for his voice, I do think this was one of his better (if not best) performances on the show. He has great energy, has fun and knows how to put on a show. He performed this really well and naturally. And I guess this was one of his better vocals he's given... and yeah I didn't hate it. LOL Harry commenting on Ben's singing voice vs. his laid back speaking voice and the difference of that had me cracking up. :lmao:

Anya Hynnninen - Feeling Good by Nina Simone - Dedicated to her hometown Selby: Oooh wow Anya makes her dedication to her hometown. 😮 Oooh wow I am really surprised with her singing "Feeling Good." This is a really big and overdone song choice. This was a very interesting version of this song here. I thought she sang it pretty well for the most part. I also felt she changed the song up a lot to make it her own version. I did like some of the changes she did with the song but some felt like off/weird vocal moments? It is intriguing. But I like the stage presence and twists & changes she made with the song. Harry's comments were really odd about the arrangement of the song since.... this song has been sung a ton by people and this arrangement has been done so much. :huh: This critique probably helped Anya's vote in droves. And dangg these comments seem like they were going on forever.

Josh Hannan - Fix You by Coldplay - Dedicated to his music teacher: It was sweet how Josh chose his dedication to his music teacher. Aww at his music teacher being diagnosed with a brain tumor last year. :( Gah watching this intro video was touching and moving. :broken: With seeing the video, he chose a really great song choice here. I do love that we got to see him playing the piano here. The arrangement was heartfelt and beautiful. As was Josh's emotional connection to the song. I also thought he delivered his best vocal too. He showcased a lot of range and colors in his voice... and it was all so beautiful. This was definitely a very meaningful and moving performance. I felt that Josh rested on good/decent performances for a few weeks but he really needed this moment to prove he can win this competition. This was definitely my favorite performance of his thus far, which Harry said and I agree with him on that.

Rankings:
1. Josh Hannan 
2. Phoebe Stewart 
3. Amali Dimond
4. Royston Sagigi-Baira
5. Anya Hynninen
6. Noora H 
7. Ben Sheehy
8. Angelina Curtis

This was an emotional and moving episode. Loved all of the contestants' back stories and connections with their chosen dedications. After watching these performances, I am not surprised that the judges chose to save Josh here. I definitely get it and think it makes sense as he delivered a truly fantastic and outstanding performance.

Results Show Thoughts:
- The group performance of "Don't Dream It's Over" was really beautiful.
- Onto the results: Very happy for Royston being safe. Ugh I'm sad/disappointed seeing Amali landing in the Bottom 4. :( But when there was talk of a shocking result, I kind of had a feeling she would land in dnager. :( Phoebe also landing in the Bottom 4 was also really shocking and upsetting. Definitely don't get what's going on with Australia's voting here. :no: After these results, I'm like.... "the other remaining 4 should have been in the Bottom 4, tbh." But it's nice for Anya to have a week of safety after landing in the Bottom 4. Omgg her reaction was something else. :dead: But I can deal with her being safe. Okay it's down to Ben, Angelina and Noora as the last 3. And of course the public decides to get behind Ben and he's safe. :rolleyes: Just my luck, ugh. Omg lmao him talking about having a great song picked for the Bottom 4 and being disappointed not to perform it. :dead: I'm definitely okay with Angelina & Noora being in the Bottom 4, especially after Amali & Phoebe have landed down there.
- Amali sang "Secret Love Song." Oooh love her song choice with her picking a great and underrated Little Mix song. I thought she delivered another really beautiful and stunning performance here. Like the judges said, I agree that she's such a ready made pop star. Aww at how emotional she got after the judges comments. 😢 I thought she held it together really well earlier on the show but I guess all of those shocked comments and positive comments on her performing was all that really got to her. :broken:
- Angelina sang "Talking to the Moon." Oooh now this is an unexpected song choice but here for this. This was a pretty song choice and this was a really pretty performance. I liked some of her falsetto notes and then some I didn't like as much. But she was really emotionally connected to this performance and sold it well.
- Ooh wow Noora takes on yet another huge song with "Chandelier." Wow this is such a monster of a song but I thought Noora slayed and tore this up. :omg: Okay so I think if Noora sang this on last night's show, she could have been safe or at least deserved to. I liked how she sang the lower notes but really loved how she powered through and belted out those big notes. Great performance from her.
- Phoebe sang "Call Out My Name" and wow talk about unexpected song choices. I definitely did not pen her down with singing The Weeknd but I'm here for it. I do like seeing this soulful side of herr here with this. I love how she belted and powered through this song. And I like how this song gave her a modern contemporary feel as an artist too. She just sang this beautifully and poured a lot of emotion into this. Wow Australia really messed up with voting this week.
- OneRepublic performed "I Ain't Worried." This is such a fun song and this was a really good and fun performance from OneRepublic! :bobo:
- Now for the final part of the results. Yayy I'm really glad that Phoebe was called safe first! She shouldn't have even been in the bottom in the first place. Aww I love how emotional she got after hearing her  safety result. Then thank goodness and I am also reallly glad that Amali was called safe and made it through! She also shouldn't have been in the bottom in the first place. Aww at how emotional she got after her result too. Omgg it was her father's birthday? I'm even more glad she made it through because oooof what a birthday gift it would have been if his daugher got eliminated this week.
- Aww I am kinda sad to see Angelina go.... and more sad than I expected for Noora going. I liked them both but of the Bottom 4, they were my choices to go. But they had great fareweel speeches and messages. Noora especially had so much heartfelt messages to say. Both did really well and should be proud of themselves getting this far!
- Oh dear at a Viewer's Choice theme for next week. This show could go either way. It could be a really great show or a disasterous show. Probably no in between but kinda excited to see how this turns out. :haha:

Wow I didn't realize I had so many results show thoughts but there it is. :haha: 

Top 6 Performance Night

Ben Sheehy - I Can' Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones

Phoebe Stewart - People Help The People by Birdy

Amali Dimond - Fly Away by Tones and I

Josh Hannan - Driver's License by Olivia Rodrigo

Anya Hynninen - Flowers by Miley Cyrus

Royston Sagigi-Baira - True Colors by Cyndi Lauper

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Top 6 Performance Night

Ben Sheehy - I Can' Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones

Phoebe Stewart - People Help The People by Birdy

Amali Dimond - Fly Away by Tones and I

Josh Hannan - Driver's License by Olivia Rodrigo

Anya Hynninen - Flowers by Miley Cyrus

Royston Sagigi-Baira - True Colors by Cyndi Lauper

These are some.... interesting song choices. I feel like some of these songs should be switched around as they would fit other people better. But all of this sounds intriguing, at least. :haha: 

What a boring ass episode. No one really did that well… again.

01. Royston - Kind of by default? He had some nice moments.

02. Josh - Again, wasn’t great but better than the stuff below.

03. Ben - I didn’t love it but I didn’t hate it either.
04. Phoebe - Her weakest yet. There was far too much emphasis on “peeeeeeeeople”.

05. Anya - It was karaoke.

06. Amali - Terrible song choice and the worst she’s sounded. This was up there with Angelina’s performance last week and up there with the worst of the season.

unlike Zoey I had sort of the opposite opinions. Whats new though.

1.  Amali - great song for her voice.  She sounded really good on it, and I love the little bit she did at the beginning of the performance.

2. Phoebe - Her voice pierces and its truly fantastic.  She sang great and her aestetic was much better this week. Hopefully she can rebound after being in the bottom last week.

3. Josh - I like the male perspective of the song.  He did a good job!

4. Anya - Harrys awful comments last week caused a surge in votes.  He tried it again this week but was a little more tame.  I do think she's leaving this week.  She did a good job.  Its probably my favorite song out there right now.

5. Ben - I need him to leave.  I didn't think it would get worse then him this round.  Royston snuck in there at the end and ruined a classic.

6. Royston - I hated what he did to True Colors. I understand changing an overdone song, but this song needs to be sung similar to the Cyndi's version. There are points he tried to make it bigger then it was supposed to be and that sort of ruined it for me.

Hopefully Ben peaces out this week finally.  I assume Anya will be the other vote, but either one could potentially replaced one with of the other girls as I feel like Josh and Royston are locked for the finale. I guess with 3 going home, Amali is probably going to be the 3rd elimination.

Edited by Solaris

Ah wow I was (shockingly) able to watch the performance show tonight, so I'll post my thoughts now!

Top 6 Performance Show Thoughts!

Ben Sheehy - I Can't Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones: This is a good fitting song that the public chose for Ben. Well, this was pretty much like how I felt about with every Ben performance. He does his thing with these classic rock songs. I just don't like or care for his voice so I can never properly like his performances, even if they are objectively good. It was cool how he did go on that side stage. And he does bring lots of energy with his performances. LOL Not Amy out here talking like Harry criticizing his arrangement. Although I do agree that it was like a good Stones cover band performance. I may even agree with Meghan on this being his best stage presence kind of performance.

Phoebe Stewart - People Help The People by Birdy: Hmm I don't think I know this song but this is a very interesting choice for Phoebe. She did seem to struggle with the rehearsals but I know she would give her all with this. This was a really beautiful and moving performance from Phoeve. She did connect well with the song and delivered a really stunning vocal performance here. My only complaint/personal issue was that with me not really knowing the song that well, I didn't really connect or engage that much with this so I was kinda bored at times with this performance. :ph34rwave: Not to say that it wasn't good because it was very good. I do agree with the judges that she is such a professional with her singing/performing.

Oh my goodness, whaaattt is up with all of the filler this episode? :dead: Harry doing the shoey thing.... and drinking out of his shoe twice? :huh: This all felt SO long.

Amali Dimond - Fly Away by Tones and I: Ugh it's still so heartbreaking seeing Amali talking about being in the Bottom 4 once again at the start of this intro. But the rest of her video with her talking about wanting to inspire girls her age or younger was really sweet. Hmmm, this is another song I don't really know so I wasn't too excited on paper. But I like the talk of her wanting to change up the song. She sounded beautiful on the slower opening of the song and her voice shone there. But I also love how she upped the tempo of the song and did something more youtfhul and uptempo here. She was having lots of fun and looked like she was enjoying herself. Not only that but she also delivered some crystal clear big  booming vocals. I really loved how she belted out the "flllyyy awaayy" parts of the song.

Josh Hannan - Driver's License by Olivia Rodrigo: I'm really surprised that the public gave Josh this song rather than any of girls of the competition. But I am very intrigued in hearing a male singer's take on this song so I guess Josh is the right male singer for this. Aw it was nice seeing his start of getting into music at high school and wow he looked so different there. Ooof, he was struggling on some of those vocals in rehearsals. It was smart of him to play the piano on this performance. Overall this was a really nice performance. Josh does have that tendency to get all mumbly and tough to understand in some of his singing. But I did really like how he built up the song where he opened up his voice and was belting the bigger parts. He did have some really good and strong vocal moments in there. The emotional connection was raw and wonderful too.

Anya Hynninen - Flowers by Miley Cyrus: Ooh wow, it's really interesting how the public chose such a new song for Anya to sing as she has been singing older songs. Oooh I kinda stan Anya for saying that Harry's comments on her went too far and how other contestants went on to do arrangements similar to the original... because that's true. :clap: It was annoying how he ranted towards only Anya about that. She had no choice but to change the song up this week. This was an interesting performance. I thought the slower opening of the song was really beautiful. She sounded and sang that part beautifully. Then she went with the upbeat arrangement and.... it kinda lost its magic real fast. :ph34rwave: I can see how it got kinda karaoke and cheesy. The dancing she did was kind of an odd mix here but I like how she was having fun. Then I did like it more towards the end. Overall I do have a wide mix of feelings on this but I did like it. OMG Harry really loves going off these tangents in his comments especially during Anya's performances. I was kinda stanning Kyle shutting up Harry with his questions. :giggle: LMAO Anya's mother interview in the audience was hilarious. :haha:

OMGG The filler is INSANE this episode. Now Kyle is singing "(I'm Gonna Be) 5000 Miles." What is really going on this episode? :wacko::dead:

Royston Sagigi-Baira - True Colors by Cyndi Lauper: This is another really interesting and unexpected song choice but it's a great classic that Royston can go in many directions with. Aww at him connecting with this song with the struggles of his sexuality when he was younger. His story about that was really emotional. :(:broken: It's touching how he wnts to let other kids that it's okay to be your true self in your own skin. This was another really stunning, moving and beautiful performance from Royston. You could tell this song meant a lot to him and he truly connected with this song. He also gave a really strong and stellar vocal here. Yeah, all he needed was the softer piano arrangement and just showcase his vocals in a lovely quieter way. I also love how he belted out the song and delivered some bigger vocal moments in there too.

Rankings:
1. Amali Dimond
2. Royston Sagigi-Baira
3. Josh Hannan 
4. Phoebe Stewart 
5. Anya Hynninen
6. Ben Sheehy

Other notes:
- The Sony Foundation segment with Amy being apart of it was really touching and moving. It's amazing that they raised $1.2 million at that event.
- Aww it was nice seeing the Top 6 performing together at the end of the show. I don't know what song they sang but they all sounded really nice and beautiful together.
- With how Harry talked about the contestant save this week, I had a feeling that the judges decided that they weren't going to save anyone. Hmmm on one hand, I think that's absolutely fair. I think Australia should have the say of the three singers they most want in the final.  But at the same time, with how Australia voted last week, I'm really scared that they could really mess this up.
- Ah dangg, I'm sad it's going to be a Top 3 rather than a Top 4 like I was expecting it to be. 😢 Hmmm my ideal Top 3 would be: Amali, Royston and Phoebe. But Josh seems like someone that would definitely be in there, which I would be fine with. I like Anya but I've connected more to others so I'm fine with her going. And I've been vocal of not being a Ben fan so I would be ready for him to go too. I don't want another elimination but like Sola said, I think I'm expecting it to be Amali that goes. :( 

TOP 6 RESULT SHOW

Top 3 Finalists

Royston Sagigi Baira - I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner

Phoebe Stewart - Lost Without You by Freya Ridings

Josh Hannan - Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley

Eliminated

Anya Hynninen - It's a Man's World by James Brown 

Ben Sheehy - My Baby Wrote Me a Letter by Joe Cocker

Amali Dimond - Warrior by Demi Lovato

What on earth was that group performance? We’ve seen some excruciating group numbers in the past but this one really took the biscuit. Every single one of them should’ve been eliminated and the show taken off air immediately afterwards. 

Some decent performances tonight but why’s this show so long? Ricki-Lee will need a good chiropractor once the seasons finished because she’s carried the entirety on her shoulders. 

I think it’s a pretty strong top three and the right people went. I have a soft spot for Ben because of how humble and genuine he seems. Even after not receiving support the first couple of weeks and just going out doing what he does. Anya was one of the weaker singers in the finals so I could’ve lost her at any point tbh. Amali ruined her own chances with performing too many samey songs. I say that but I don’t think the contestants got to choose their own songs half the time anyway! :haha: Warrior was probably her best performance and I think had she shown that side a lot sooner then she would’ve been in the finale with a shot. Royston had the best performance tonight for me. He did well but it wasn’t perfect vocally. Josh was good but quite boring. Phoebe was also good but very vanilla. I don’t think any of the finalists have shown much versatility so it’s anyone’s game at this point but I’m leaning more towards a Royston prediction. The songs he chooses are more impactful for a finale show so I can see him picking up votes from that.

What I think

01. Royston

02. Josh

03. Phoebe

What I want

01. Royston/Josh

02. Royston/Josh

03. Phoebe

Can we fire all four judges for next season (if it’s renewed) please? I think Amy has potential but is far too nice. Kyle has lost his spark even though he was great in past seasons. Harry has never been likeable and shouldn’t have been paid to do the job. Meghan brings nothing to the show and obviously tried to replicate how she was on The Voice UK. Very generic critiques with no real substance or advice. They’ve paid four people a large amount of money to sit and blow smoke up the contestants arses for too many weeks now.

Finally got to watching the results show tonight!

Results Show Thoughts!

- Lol I had no idea what the group was singing this week when they sang the slower part of the song. I was like this sounds familiar but what is it? :dead: But then I realized it was "I'm Good (Blue)." A strange song choice.... I could only really see Amali singing this. But... it was a fun performance, I suppose. :haha:
- It's nice that we get performances from everyone of this Top 6 once again.
- Royston sang "I Want to Know What Love Is." Oooh this is a classic song.  This was another really good and beautiful performance from him. He really soared through the last part of that.
- Anya sang "It's a Man's Man's Man's World." Wow this is a really big song and also another classic. I thought this was much better than her previous night's performance. She really got into the soul and emotion of the song. She also delivered a really strong and stunning vocal here too. These classic songs seems to really suit her.
- Oh whoaa, they do these performances in pairs with advancing one to the final and eliminating the other? 😮 OK I would have predicted Royston to make it through and I'm not surprised he did. I'm very happy for him, in fact. Sadly that means Anya goes. Hmm I was kinda hot/cold with her throughout the season where I really liked some of her performances but then not. She is talented, for sure. And she's had to deal with Harry's nonsense for so long... so props to her for handling him so well and graciously.
- Ben sang "The Letter." Well this is pretty much like his other performances for me. Except he was a bit more calm than most of his other performances. I just didn't like or care for how he sang this, but that's not surprising. 
- Phoebe sang "Lost Without You." I don't know this song but this was a really beautiful and powerful performance from Phoebe. She really captured the emotion of the song. And dangg she was slaying and killing those big notes here. :omg: This was beautiful and another performance I much preferred on this episode over yesterday's.
- Of these two, I definitely had a much preferred result of what I was hoping for. I was hoping for Phoebe to make it through, which thankfully she did! #bless. OMG Aww Phoebe was so adorable and speechless after recieving that result, omgg awww. ❤️ I've been vocal about wanting Ben to go.... since like the Top 12 week so I am good with this result. While I am not a fan, I do think he's a nice guy and well done and congrats to him getting this far.
- Ooh wow a break for the results, which I figured was going to happen. There's a performance from Amy Shark & Sam Fisher where they sing, "High On You." I was kinda interested in this performance as I never heard Amy sing before. This was a really nice and pretty performance (though also kinda boring at times). But nice.
- Josh sang "Can't Help Falling in Love." Another really classic song here. This was a very beautiful, soft and tender performance. He sang and emoted really nicely with the song.
- Amali sang "Warrior." Ooooh a nice big song choice here. Wow this was another really beautiful and powerful performance from her. Love how she sang this song from the softer notes to the bigger notes.  She simply did fantastic here. Omg Meghan taking forever to think of Carrie Underwood, but I can get the comparison.
- Ughh I hate that it's down to this pair of Josh & Amali. Amali has always been (one of) my favorites so of course I want her to make it through. But I'm not delusional in that I know Josh would totally make it through + that Amali would go. And yeah, I was right on that prediction. Sigh I feel so many different emotions here. Josh has done really well and certainly deserves his spot in the final. I'm not mad about that. I'm just really sad that Amali missed out as I think she really deserved to be in the final. :broken: I think both Josh and Amali deserved to be there. Aww Josh's comments of wanting everyone to support Amali in the future was really sweet. Amali has done really well and delivered so many fantastic performances throughout the season. I do and have always agreed with the judges comments in that she's a ready made pop star and I could see her in the pop music scene. Aww her crying with her final words and comments from the judges. I do love how the judges seem really invested in her future career with wanting her to be a pop star - with Kyle suggest she work with Calvin Harris and Meghan wanting to write songs for her. I really hope they all mean what they are saying because she can go places and do really well.
- Oh wow I didn't realize the voting started already and will be open through Sunday's show. Dangg that's going to be a massive amount of time for voting. :dead: But yayy Jessica Mauboy going to come back and perform next week! I love that she's still doing so well in her career. :wub:

On 3/20/2023 at 6:50 AM, Zoey said:

What on earth was that group performance? We’ve seen some excruciating group numbers in the past but this one really took the biscuit. Every single one of them should’ve been eliminated and the show taken off air immediately afterwards. 

Some decent performances tonight but why’s this show so long? Ricki-Lee will need a good chiropractor once the seasons finished because she’s carried the entirety on her shoulders. 

LMAOO you're so harsh on the group performance. :dead: 🤣

But YESS to this part. My goodness, this week's shows felt SO long.  😐 There was wayy too much unnecessary filler on both shows. The performance show could have had two performances from the contestants or something? Or both shows could have been cut down by a good 20 minutes or so. I felt like the judges and their comments kept rambling on. There was just way too much filler in between the performances (some were good, some were unnecessary).

• Haha 1

Last Three Journeys

Ben Sheehy

Audition: Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin

Chorus Line: Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

Group Challenge: Roar by Katy Perry

Final Solo: Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Top 24: Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

Top 12: Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi

Top 12 Instant Save: River Deep Mountain High by Ike and Tina Turner

Top 10: Beggin by Maneskin

Top 10 Instant Save: Gimme Shelter by Rolling Stones

Top 8: Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother

Top 6: I Can't Get No Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones

Top 6 Head to Head - The Letter by Joe Cocker

Anya Hynninen

Audition: Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash

Chorus Line: Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Group Round: Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake

Final Solo: I Was Made for Lovin' You by KISS

Top 24: The Best by Tina Turner

Top 12: Papa Don't Preach by Madonna

Top 10: Back to Black by Amy Winehouse

Top 10 Instant Save: Killing Me Softly by Fugees

Top 8: Feeling Good by Nina Simone

Top 6: Flowers by Miley Cyrus

Top 6 Head to Head - It's a Man's World by James Brown

Amali Dimond

Audition: Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan

Chorus Line: Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

Group Round: Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

Final Solo: Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi

Top 24: Unstoppable by Sia

Top 12: Grenade by Bruno Mars

Top 10: Titanium by David Guetta ft Sia

Top 8: Unconditionally by Katy Perry

Top 8 Instant Save: Secret Love Song by Little Mix

Top 6: Fly Away by Tones and I

Top 6 Head to Head: Warrior by Demi Lovato

I’m not mad about the winner. He did well in the competition and seemed like an obvious pick from the start so I’m glad he had the support all the way through as it shows how consistent he was.

It’s just weird that the grand finale didn’t really count for much. More performances that weren’t really voted on. They want to change the name to Showcase Idol next year!

• Like 1