Your Personal Top 5 From Last 5 Years

Hamza Tufail

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Good idea btw.

I'd say istersay's would be Maelyn, Morgan, GNT, and Cam. season1's top favs would be Rachel, Bryce, Reagan. (I know a ton of their favs, but not sure who else would be in their top 5)

TeamAudra's would be Brynn, Chevel, Hailey, Morgan, and one of Joanna/Thunderstorm. (Maybe Taryn too, but she had a short run).

QueenMae and Spurrious both would have Maelyn and Morgan as their top 2 with QueenMae having Hailey, Chevel, Wendy or Taryn up next, while Spurrious having Joanna, Julia, and Savanna. echoap's top 3 would be Maelyn, Cami, and Cam.

Daillon and FloorWax's top 2 might be GNT and Maelyn. With Daillon having Thunderstorm up next, while FloorWax having Sid.

B-B's top 5 would be Kyla, Maelyn, Rose, DeSz, Jershika/Wendy.

Jayshon's would be Kyla, DeSz, Gymani, Kim, Dana/Toneisha.

Gustavo's would be Brynn, Chevel, Maelyn, Hailey, Morgan.

Cookie's would be Maelyn, Cam, GNT, Bodie, Omar.

QueenKalie's no 1 would be GNT as well.

Watch me flop. lol

Guessing some more. Yep that's all what I'm gonna do before spoilers drop. lol

Someone648: WILKES, Maelyn, Will, Ricky, DeSz.

Misirlou: Ricky Duran (#1), Kyla Jade, Bodie.

BK: Cam, GNT, Brynn, Wendy, Morgan.

Dalton Eduardo: Kyla, Ricky, Payge, Cam, Wendy/Parijita.

rp3598: Brynn, Maelyn, Allegra, Corey, GNT.

3 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I KEEP FORGETTING PEOPLE? Imao

I think from recent seasons you liked Allegra, Gihanna, and Joshua the most.

From s14-17? Probably Brynn and Mari.

Watch me get wrong. lol

wow you’re attentive. this is probably fairly consistent to what i’ve said, but i think my answers will differ. i’ll take a deep dive into the wikis at some point to come up with an answer lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Guessing some more. Yep that's all what I'm gonna do before spoilers drop. lol

Someone648: WILKES, Maelyn, Will, Ricky, DeSz.

Misirlou: Ricky Duran (#1), Kyla Jade, Bodie.

BK: Cam, GNT, Brynn, Wendy, Morgan.

Dalton Eduardo: Kyla, Ricky, Payge, Cam, Wendy/Parijita.

rp3598: Brynn, Maelyn, Allegra, Corey, GNT.

Bk def has Alyssa there imo

Edited by QueenCami

54 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Ummm... Maybe? But of course it's just a guess. I can be wrong.

LOL perhaps we disagree. i suppose part of it also depends on how people pick their top 5: sentimental favorites or vocal favorites. you’re probably right on the mark for my sentimental favorites but i think i would create my list on vocal favorites

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

honestly thought you didn't like Kyla that much, and prefer Rose over her.

I just thought about my list like, “whose Voice journey would I rather rewatch from start to finish”. These are the 5 I get the most from in that department. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yep, that's probably my Top 5. You nailed it 👍 

HM would go to Rose Short, Cami Clune and Rachel Mac. 

Didn’t know you were a Chevel stan :ph34rwave: taste though

9 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I actually didn't care for Maelyn that much when S16 aired, my favourites were Domenic and Jej (before lives). Nowadays, I appreciate her more, but im not even sure she makes my top 10 if were talking about who I like listening to (based on who's performances I come back to). Of course, she would make my top 5 if we're talking about "best" and not favourite contestants.

Yeah for some reason I could never LOVE Maelyn like other people did. She was the deserving winner of that finale for sure, but she didn’t have a performance I keep coming back to, I think my favorite was Hallelujah. I actually liked Presley the most from that season (probably because of rooting for the underdog too, her and Rebecca deserved better imo)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

Didn’t know you were a Chevel stan :ph34rwave: taste though

Yeah for some reason I could never LOVE Maelyn like other people did. She was the deserving winner of that finale for sure, but she didn’t have a performance I keep coming back to, I think my favorite was Hallelujah. I actually liked Presley the most from that season (probably because of rooting for the underdog too, her and Rebecca deserved better imo)

Hallelujah is my fav Maelyn performance as well.

• Like 1

Finally come up with my list. Strictly talking about on the show. The only for sure spot is number 1. Every other spot is subject to change and on any given day the HM's could replace 2 to 5.

5. Kim Cruse.

Love her tone and its really the best part about her voice (not something I can say for many powerhouse singers), It might be one of my all time favourite tones on the show. Its unique and incredibly rich.  I didn't wanna put her any higher because of possible recency bias.

4. Gymani.

One of the only powerhouses in which her artistry is the best quality about her. the way she switched up songs, it's very unique to her. From the way she phrased, to her runs. She definitely has a signature style. Not to mention, I love her rasp and power.

3. Desz

Was debating between her and John, but Desz barely edged him out. Her song choices were very refreshing and I think that has a lot to do with how much I enjoyed her run. I just love the richness of her lower register and the rawness of her higher belts. I think if we're talking strictly RNB, she's my favourite.

2. Patrique Fortson

Short but nearly flawless run. His prelives are some of my most repeated performances. He has one of the smoothest voices I've heard on the show. Combine that with having some of the best range and runs and you have a stellar vocalist.

1. Kyla Jade.

Just an absolute beast of a vocalist with so much range and control. Her KO, Semi Final and top 12 performance are some of the best I've ever heard on any singing competition. They might also be my most replayed performances on the show. That alone is enough to give her the 1st spot for me. But the rest of her run is really good as well.

HM:

Wendy Moten.

Barely didn't make it. But I really don't care for her performances from playoffs up until the semi final.

Zan Fiskum

Lovely voice, I think she does the "airy" vocals the best because it actually sounds natural to her and a bit more distinctive than the others. But I really didn't care for most of her song choices on the show.

John Holiday

While I love his voice and Off show work, His BA and duo with John are the only ones I keep coming back to.

Makenzie Thomas

The closest to Making the list. No particular reason why she didn't make it other than I haven't come back to her performances in a while.

Man It makes me look like i have a huuge bias towards Soul/RnB singers.

It's weird, because I've actually listened to more Indie and rock music in my spare time. 

I think it's because a lot of the indie and rock artists I really like don't make it too far (Julia Cooper, TMH, Raine Stern to name a few)

That, and RnB is a genre I only recently started delving into. So could be a case of shiny new toy syndrome lol.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

To those that made your lists strictly based off their voice journey, how different would your list be if we take into consideration, maybe even exclusively, off show work? Everything from their covers online to their original work.

I think the only ones who would stay on my list are Kyla Jade and Kim Cruse just based on their covers outside the show. A lot of my favourites like desz and Patrique, rarely post original music or covers.

And a lot of contestants I like only post original music, which if I'm being honest, don't peak my interest. In fact, it rarely happens, unfortunately.

Wendy Moten's single "come in and out of the rain" is one of the few that I've actually listened to repeatedly and have had stuck in my head. In part due to Filipinos covering it, but also cause it's an awesome powerhouse song.

Edited by Hsamid

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Finally come up with my list. Strictly talking about on the show. The only for sure spot is number 1. Every other spot is subject to change and on any given day the HM's could replace 2 to 5.

5. Kim Cruse.

Love her tone and its really the best part about her voice (not something I can say for many powerhouse singers), It might be one of my all time favourite tones on the show. Its unique and incredibly rich.  I didn't wanna put her any higher because of possible recency bias.

4. Gymani.

One of the only powerhouses in which her artistry is the best quality about her. the way she switched up songs, it's very unique to her. From the way she phrased, to her runs. She definitely has a signature style. Not to mention, I love her rasp and power.

3. Desz

Was debating between her and John, but Desz barely edged him out. Her song choices were very refreshing and I think that has a lot to do with how much I enjoyed her run. I just love the richness of her lower register and the rawness of her higher belts. I think if we're talking strictly RNB, she's my favourite.

2. Patrique Fortson

Short but nearly flawless run. His prelives are some of my most repeated performances. He has one of the smoothest voices I've heard on the show. Combine that with having some of the best range and runs and you have a stellar vocalist.

1. Kyla Jade.

Just an absolute beast of a vocalist with so much range and control. Her KO, Semi Final and top 12 performance are some of the best I've ever heard on any singing competition. They might also be my most replayed performances on the show. That alone is enough to give her the 1st spot for me. But the rest of her run is really good as well.

HM:

Wendy Moten.

Barely didn't make it. But I really don't care for her performances from playoffs up until the semi final.

Zan Fiskum

Lovely voice, I think she does the "airy" vocals the best because it actually sounds natural to her and a bit more distinctive than the others. But I really didn't care for most of her song choices on the show.

John Holiday

While I love his voice and Off show work, His BA and duo with John are the only ones I keep coming back to.

Makenzie Thomas

The closest to Making the list. No particular reason why she didn't make it other than I haven't come back to her performances in a while.

Man It makes me look like i have a huuge bias towards Soul/RnB singers.

It's weird, because I've actually listened to more Indie and rock music in my spare time. 

I think it's because a lot of the indie and rock artists I really like don't make it too far (Julia Cooper, TMH, Raine Stern to name a few)

That, and RnB is a genre I only recently started delving into. So could be a case of shiny new toy syndrome lol.

Patrique caught me off guard. lol

Never thought he'd be in your top 2.

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

To those that made your lists strictly based off their voice journey, how different would your list be if we take into consideration, maybe even exclusively, off show work? Everything from their covers online to their original work.

Kameron Marlowe would be my instant #1 for sure with that criteria. 

Honestly, all 4 of his Voice performances were really solid. I would have ranked him #5 in my initial list but Corey and Joshua had more extensive journeys that made me invested more.

My new list would look like this:

5. Corey Ward

4. Will Breman

3. Todd Tilghman

2. bodie

1. Kameron Marlowe

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Patrique caught me off guard. lol

Never thought he'd be in your top 2.

Yeah, neither did I tbh. But when I think on it, I've listened to his performances a lot and it's been 3 years. I'm not sure that will be the case with the 3 below him in a few years time which is why I ranked him higher. 

2 to 5 are also pretty much interchangeable. If you asked me this question 2 or 3 years ago, even if season 19 through 22 existed, I probably would have Zan and Domenic on this list, but I don't listen to as much indie music as I used to.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Morgan would be my no. 1 probably of all time, easily. Brynn probably would be second and Chevel third (her EP is so good) 

There is no much material from Hailey post-show as of now. Most of her material pre-show is quite raw, but it's still good.  (Stream "Daydreams" on Spotify, btw)

Maelyn... :dead:. I haven't take the time to check her pre-show material, tbh, but post

-show there is not a lot to check-out

• Haha 3

On 1/27/2023 at 12:15 PM, Gustavo527 said:

Morgan would be my no. 1 probably of all time, easily. Brynn probably would be second and Chevel third (her EP is so good) 

There is no much material from Hailey post-show as of now. Most of her material pre-show is quite raw, but it's still good.  (Stream "Daydreams" on Spotify, btw)

Maelyn... :dead:. I haven't take the time to check her pre-show material, tbh, but post

-show there is not a lot to check-out

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I think the only ones who would stay on my list are Kyla Jade and Kim Cruse just based on their covers outside the show. A lot of my favourites like desz and Patrique, rarely post original music or covers.

And a lot of contestants I like only post original music, which if I'm being honest, don't peak my interest. In fact, it rarely happens, unfortunately.

Wendy Moten's single "come in and out of the rain" is one of the few that I've actually listened to repeatedly and have had stuck in my head. In part due to Filipinos covering it, but also cause it's an awesome powerhouse song.

Halley Greg only had two performances on the show and one of them wasn't that good, but I really like her album that she released before the show. (The new one however, not so much)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Zan Fiskum

Pleasant surprise to see Zan on your list as well. I do think she's the best indie girl in recent memory if we don't count Maelyn.

• Like 2

Ok I cut down a list from the successful blind auditioners of each season and finally got this:

- Katie Rae: Her low notes are gorgeous and I love how she does her runs. Each of her performances were in the top tier of the round. Highly underrated and deserved to make it much farther than she did. 

- Kique: Just like with Katie, I love his low notes and runs. Many of his performances were stellar. I think he deserved, at the very least, a spot in the semifinals. 

- Marisa Corvo: Her voice is just insanely powerful. She gets this spot almost solely on the basis of her battle performance, though I liked both of her other performances as well. Incredible.

- Mari: She's so cool and -- wait for it -- I love her runs and low notes. Big fan of her.

- Julia Cooper: Her runs are so beautiful. She makes it on this list because of her blind audition, which I think is now my favorite of season 19. However, I wasn't as huge a fan of her battle or knockout. 

Roughly ordered in terms of how much I like them but I decided to scrap the official ranking because it was too hard to pick an ordering. I think they all more or less have their flaws in their runs, but they each did great.

Edit: lol I kinda don't want Marisa on the list anymore; she's great but I feel like ugh. This is so hard. Whatever I give up this is final list and I'm not going to change it.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 3

Just now, QueenCami said:

Ok I cut down a list from the successful blind auditioners of each season and finally got this:

- Katie Rae: Her low notes are gorgeous and I love how she does her runs. Each of her performances were in the top tier of the round. Highly underrated and deserved to make it much farther than she did. 

- Kique: Just like with Katie, I love his low notes and runs. Many of his performances were stellar. I think he deserved, at the very least, a spot in the semifinals. 

- Marisa Corvo: Her voice is just insanely powerful. She gets this spot almost solely on the basis of her battle performance, though I liked both of her other performances as well. Incredible.

- Mari: She's so cool and -- wait for it -- I love her runs and low notes. Big fan of her.

- Julia Cooper: Her runs are so beautiful. She makes it on this list because of her blind audition, which I think is now my favorite of season 19. However, I wasn't as huge a fan of her battle or knockout. 

Roughly ordered in terms of how much I like them but I decided to scrap the official ranking because it was too hard to pick an ordering. I think they all more or less have their flaws in their runs, but they each did great.

Hmm no one in my signature made it to this list.. looks like the signature needs updating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Edit: lol I kinda don't want Marisa on the list anymore; she's great but I feel like ugh. This is so hard. Whatever I give up this is final list and I'm not going to change it.

Mari is so good, it's a shame robegate happened because she's clearly the best one in that IS imo.

I liked her POs performance too, the song choice probably wasn't smart in terms of getting votes but it worked well for her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nytsch said:

Mari is so good, it's a shame robegate happened because she's clearly the best one in that IS imo.

I liked her POs performance too, the song choice probably wasn't smart in terms of getting votes but it worked well for her.

Latch was just incredible! don’t remember which one her PO was (work it out or foolish)? but her voice was just soooo cool, i had to have her in my top 5.

better song choices was a must, though.

12 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Now that's a different list. I don't think anyone has picked those contestants. 

I will say, I really like Julia outside the show. One of the few that actually posts covers semi frequently. Wish she made it further.

• Like 1