Your Personal Top 5 From Last 5 Years

Hamza Tufail

Kennedy

Rose

DeSz

Cam

Morgan

Not ranked btw (other than chronological order). This was hard because I usually have some preference for underdogs/those who deserved better imo. But I think just judging from what I liked the most, it would be this.

Thunderstorm could be there but not enough performances and they weren't live, so...

• Like 1

Gonna base this purely on their Voice journeys. My list would be very different otherwise.

5. Corey Ward - short but memorable run. I want more alt/emo pop artists like him to audition for the show.

4. Joshua Vacanti - I always wanted a theatrical pop artist to go and do well on this show, and he fitted the bill perfectly.

3. Will Breman - #BlueCrew for life! It was such a joy to root for this guy.

2. Todd Tilghman - gotta give it up for my 2nd winning snowflake! He gave me a much needed distraction from C***D.

1. bodie - artists like bodie normally don't do well on this show, but he managed to succeed while showcasing who he really is and preserving his artistic integrity. That's hard to do on a show with a demo as milquetoast and basic as The Voice.

OT, but my definition of "recent seasons" has always been S16-S22, starting with the last Adam season, when the show started its most dramatic paradigm shift.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

Random thought but I feel like it would be fun to guess what other people’s top 5 are lol. I guess it’s not that much of a game since many people list favs in their sig or profile, but still…

Good idea btw.

I'd say istersay's would be Maelyn, Morgan, GNT, and Cam. season1's top favs would be Rachel, Bryce, Reagan. (I know a ton of their favs, but not sure who else would be in their top 5)

TeamAudra's would be Brynn, Chevel, Hailey, Morgan, and one of Joanna/Thunderstorm. (Maybe Taryn too, but she had a short run).

QueenMae and Spurrious both would have Maelyn and Morgan as their top 2 with QueenMae having Hailey, Chevel, Wendy or Taryn up next, while Spurrious having Joanna, Julia, and Savanna. echoap's top 3 would be Maelyn, Cami, and Cam.

Daillon and FloorWax's top 2 might be GNT and Maelyn. With Daillon having Thunderstorm up next, while FloorWax having Sid.

B-B's top 5 would be Kyla, Maelyn, Rose, DeSz, Jershika/Wendy.

Jayshon's would be Kyla, DeSz, Gymani, Kim, Dana/Toneisha.

Gustavo's would be Brynn, Chevel, Maelyn, Hailey, Morgan.

Cookie's would be Maelyn, Cam, GNT, Bodie, Omar.

QueenKalie's no 1 would be GNT as well.

Watch me flop. lol

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Good idea btw.

I'd say istersay's would be Maelyn, Morgan, GNT, and Cam. season1's top favs would be Rachel, Bryce, Reagan. (I know a ton of their favs, but not sure who else would be in their top 5)

TeamAudra's would be Brynn, Chevel, Hailey, Morgan, and one of Joanna/Thunderstorm. (Maybe Taryn too, but she had a short run).

QueenMae's and Spurrious both would have Maelyn and Morgan as their top 2. echoap's top 3 would be Maelyn, Cami, and Cam.

Daillon and FloorWax's top 2 might be GNT and Maelyn. With Daillon having Thunderstorm up next, while FloorWax having Sid.

Watch me flop. lol

GNT getting more mentions than I expected though even if it’s just your guesses. Maybe because there are some people calling them overrated or shouldn’t have beat Wendy, which is fair enough but I just got the impression they weren’t so liked here. I thought they were great.

Yours are Reagan, Todd, Rachel, Hailey, Omar maybe? :ph34rwave:

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

GNT getting more mentions than I expected though even if it’s just your guesses. Maybe because there are some people calling them overrated or shouldn’t have beat Wendy, which is fair enough but I just got the impression they weren’t so liked here. I thought they were great.

GNT was clearly IDF's no 1 of the season. You can check all the polls from s21, and they are accurate because on avg there were 90 people who used to vote in the polls at that time. For instance...

HeYl0pM.png

Adw4WLU.png

10 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Yours are Reagan, Todd, Rachel, Hailey, Omar maybe? :ph34rwave:

Not exactly right, but still pretty close...

1 hour ago, erik g said:

1. Kim Cruse

2a. Wendy Moten 

2b. Jershike Maple

4. Cami Clune

5. Ryleigh Modig

HM: Rose Short and Maelyn Jarmon

oop ok nvm

1. Kim Cruse

2. Kyla Jade

3. Wendy Moten

4.  Jershika Maple

5.  Kymberli Joye

HM: Cami, Rose, Ryleigh M, and Maelyn

Edited by erik g
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

5. Omar Jose Cardona - It was so fun rooting for him. He had a  lukewarm reception here, but what else is expected from IDF about a great male vocalist? I was so excited about him every week, and he never disappointed. Excited to see what's next!

4. Reagan Strange - One of the saddest eliminations ever for me (right up there with Kyndal). I know she wasn't great vocally, but I don't mind pitch issues as long as someone sounds pleasant to my ears. Her tone is one of my Favorites as well, and I still rewatch her performances to this day!!! She hasn't done much in the last two or three years tho.

3. Todd Tilghman - The most consistent one in this list. He never had an off week. He wasn't my #1 at the start (it was Micah), but "Anymore" just put him at the top for me, INCREDIBLE performance. I was really happy when he RIGHTFULLY won. He's really hard working post show as well,  that's for sure.

1b. Morgan Myles - I gotta admit, during the show I was a little more excited about Omar compared to Morgan, but now as I rewatch their performances more and more, I'm starting to prefer her. She's such a great vocalist, her performance at the Ryman was out of this world. P.S. from what I've seen, she's sooo humble. So down to earth, and always there to help others. 

1a. Rachel Mac - I don't think she was as consistent as some of the others vocally, but the trifecta of Your Song, Foolish Games, and Rainbow is so hard to top. Also, I'm glad she posts covers on her Instagram unlike majority of my other favorites. ^_^

Love Hailey, but there were performances that I didn't like much.

Kyndal's run was too short for me to include her.

I do think Wendy and Kyla are the best vocalists in my top 10, and probably top 5 best vocalists of all time. Cam, John, Paris, and Micah all were great too, but I was more passionate about my top 5 than them.

Damn I wanted to guess yours since I've probably interacted with you the most out of anyone on the site. I would have definitely said Morgan, Omar and Todd. My other guess would have probably been John but Reagan would have never even crossed my mind (for good reason..) So I never had a chance at getting all 5 right anyways..

Edited by Hsamid

6 minutes ago, erik g said:

oop ok nvm

1. Kim Cruse

2. Kyla Jade

3. Wendy Moten

4.  Jershika Maple

5.  Kymberli Joye

HM: Cami, Rose, Ryleigh M, and Maelyn

ok nvm again

1. Kim

2. Myracle

3. Kyla

4. Wendy

5. Jershika

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Damn I wanted to guess yours since I've probably interacted with you the most out of anyone on the site. I would have definitely said Morgan, Omar and Todd. My other guess would have probably been John but Reagan would have never even crossed my mind (for good reason..) So I never had a chance at getting all 5 right anyways..

He's (John) still in my top 10 tho.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

3 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Good idea btw.

QueenMae and Spurrious both would have Maelyn and Morgan as their top 2 with QueenMae having Hailey, Chevel, Wendy or Taryn up next, while Spurrious having Joanna, Julia, and Savanna. echoap's top 3 would be Maelyn, Cami, and Cam.

QueenKalie's no 1 would be GNT as well.

Watch me flop. lol

I would just say it’s hard to come up with 5, and leave it at that. I’m not really one to rank my favorites against each other. Although…right now, Morgan is #1. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would just say it’s hard to come up with 5, and leave it at that. I’m not really one to rank my favorites against each other. Although…right now, Morgan is #1. 

I thought #1 would be Chevel. Anyways, good choice!

Just now, TeamAudra said:

She would have been had you asked me a year ago. Morgan is pretty solid. 

This means Morgan's your #1 of all time? Unless if I'm missing someone.

Because before this, I always thought your order was Chevel > Lauren > Sawyer.

19 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

@Hsamidwhat's yours? I'm guessing between Kyla(#1), Maelyn, John, Kim, Wendy. 

Lol I don't know how I forgot to guess yours in my initial post. Lol

Im honestly not sure with the last 2 spots. Kyla is number 1 for sure. Kim is on the list (for now, recency bias) and Patrique fortson too because i still listen to his prelive performances every now and then. John and Wendy are in the conversation with a whole list of others.

I actually didn't care for Maelyn that much when S16 aired, my favourites were Domenic and Jej (before lives). Nowadays, I appreciate her more, but im not even sure she makes my top 10 if were talking about who I like listening to (based on who's performances I come back to). Of course, she would make my top 5 if we're talking about "best" and not favourite contestants.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This means Morgan's your #1 of all time? Unless if I'm missing someone.

Because before this, I always thought your order was Chevel > Lauren > Sawyer.

Right now, I think I’d put Lauren ahead of Chevel.

As you’ve probably noticed, I’m heavily biased toward country. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1