The Voice All Star Season: First Slot for S21 and 22

Hsamid

Who would you want to return for an Allstar season?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Season 22

• Bodie
    • Kim Cruse
    • Devix
    • Morgan Myles
    • Omar Cardona
    • Kevin Hawkins
    • Alyssa Witrado
    • Brayden Lape
    • Kique Gomez
    • Parijita Bastola
    • Sasha Hurtado
    • Rowan Grace
    • Justin Aaron
    • Eric Who
    • Kate Kavlach
  2. 2. Season 21

• Wendy Moten
    • Jershika Maple
    • Hailey Mia
    • Lana Scott
    • Paris Winningham
    • Joshua Vacanti
    • Gymani
    • Libianca
    • Samuel Harness
    • David Vogel
    • Raquel Trinidad
    • Shadale
    • Bella Denapoli
    • Holly Forbes
    • Jeremy Rosado

Only one vote for this topic, but this is only for the first slot. There will be a repeat poll with the same contestants except the winner of this one will be excluded.

Pick who you want to return for an Allstar season. You may pick based on whatever criteria you choose. Could be based on unfair elimination, unfit song selections and/or not performing to their full potential. You could simply pick your favourites or who you think is best.

If you haven't voted on the previous poll,  the race is close between multiple contestants for the 2 slots. Please read the rules for that thread as they differ to this one.

My votes for first slot.

Libianca.

The most unique singer (stylistically and tonally) of the season imo and unjustly eliminated after having one of the best performances of the night.

Kate Kavlach

Faced sound and technical issues on first performance that no other contestant faced that round and vocally won their instant save performance but was unjustly eliminated.

19 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

shoot would’ve voted for Katie Rae if i saw her below.

anyway

Kate Kalvach

Raquel Trinidad

the two contestants i felt were wronged the most OTHER than Katie Rae who was wronged more than Raquel imo

It's OK, I will be able to add her in the next thread for these seasons to contend for 2nd slot If she gets enough fanfare. Who knows though, maybe a bunch of Jim and Sasha supporters will apear out of the woodworke and I'll have no choice but to add them in the poll for 2nd slot..

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 1

I voted based on some combination of criteria so although I might agree that Kate was robbed more, Kique was my personal favorite who should've gone farther. Him and Omar are 2 of my favorite male voices to be on the show in some time

For the second poll I voted Gymani, it was between her and Jershika but at least Jershika got to the finale, even knowing the show's demographic I don't understand why Gymani wasn't better supported.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

I voted based on some combination of criteria so although I might agree that Kate was robbed more, Kique was my personal favorite who should've gone farther. Him and Omar are 2 of my favorite male voices to be on the show in some time

Kique is awesome. Honestly think he's pretty underrated around here besides his KO. Vocally, I'd say he's at least top 3 for male singers of S22 beside Justin and Omar, and artistically Bodie is probably the only one who competes.

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

For the second poll I voted Gymani, it was between her and Jershika but at least Jershika got to the finale, even knowing the show's demographic I don't understand why Gymani wasn't better supported.

I assume its because the slot for powerhouse singer was very strong. Jershika and Wendy are tough competition. (Even tough I found her to be more consistent and intriguing than either)

When was the last time more than one female powerhouse singer advanced to the finale? I think it was S10 with Alisan and Hannah.

And when was the last time more than 1 Black RNB powerhouse singer went to the finale? I think S21 was a first in that regard

She also leaned into the rasp and vocal squals more than the other two, making her more polarizing perhaps?  Either way she should have at the very least won her IS. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I assume its because the slot for powerhouse singer was very strong. Jershika and Wendy are tough competition. (Even tough I found her to be more consistent and intriguing than either)

When was the last time more than one female powerhouse singer advanced to the finale? I think it was S10 with Alisan and Hannah.

And when was the last time more than 1 Black RNB powerhouse singer went to the finale? I think S21 was a first in that regard

She also leaned into the rasp and vocal squals more than the other two, making her more polarizing perhaps?  Either way she should have at the very least won her IS. 

Yeah, Wendy had her finale spot basically locked down so it was gonna be tougher for Jershika and Gymani. I actually thought people would prefer Gymani because she had the stronger PO imo, and was on the arguably more popular team. I'm just happy she won the first IS because it's usually either the first or (more often) last person who gets it.

• Like 1

1. Devix - I mean, look at my pfp lol. The only contestant I really cared about for most of the season.

2. Bella DiNapoli - While she isn’t my favorite contestant in this poll, she had a lot of potential and perhaps with better song choices she could replicate the magic of her blind audition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Kique is awesome. Honestly think he's pretty underrated around here besides his KO. Vocally, I'd say he's at least top 3 for male singers of S22 beside Justin and Omar, and artistically Bodie is probably the only one who competes.

Season 5. Tessanne Chin and Jacquie Lee.

• Like 1

1. Omar and Morgan are tied for me. I choose Morgan here because I think Omar showed us almost everything he can do, but I don't think that's the case with Morgan. As good as she was on the show, I think she's even better off the show.

2. Joshua - Unfair Elimination 

8 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

While I would be fine with some of these contestants coming back (or any of them really), I would also be interested in seeing contestants who were eliminated earlier coming back.

Actually, I was planning on doing a version of this except with contestants that didn't make the lives.

I'm not sure how much interest it would garner as a completely seperate project to this one though. Since there are way more eliminated prelive contestants, half of which if we're being honest, most probably don't remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Wendy moten leading the S21 Poll by 3 votes.

Morgan leading by 2 votes.

Poll for slot 2 will be coming soon unless someone else takes the lead.

morgan is incredible but why not one of the contestants that was robbed in the top 9 instant save? all that uproar for nothing??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

morgan is incredible but why not one of the contestants that was robbed in the top 9 instant save? all that uproar for nothing??

I think people are just picking their favourites rather than other criteria like who was robbed or who didn't show their potential.

Which, fair enough, if an all star season were to happen it'd be cool to have all your favourites from each season back to get the maximum enjoyment out of the season.

I'd still personally prefer contestants that were robbed, left too early, or have a lot more to show vocally based on their off show work, but clearly it's the minority opinion.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I think people are just picking their favourites rather than other criteria like who was robbed or who didn't show their potential.

Which, fair enough, if an all star season were to happen it'd be cool to have all your favourites from each season back to get the maximum enjoyment out of the season.

I'd still personally prefer contestants that were robbed, left too early, or have a lot more to show vocally based on their off show work, but clearly it's the minority opinion.

it's so sad, there was this huuuge uproar about justin / kim / parijita going home but morgan's still winning, despite landing 3rd? there's a strong argument for her placing higher and i agree, but come on, she got to perform in every round! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I voted for Kim even though Morgan was my favorite for that same reason. Kim deserved A LOT BETTER. 

I didn't care that much about the other two. 

• Like 3