Bodie Fan Thread

jamescasaki

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

As for what to sing, I'm still gonna push for Iris, but my gut is telling me a Lewis Capaldi song might be looming in bodie's future. I also don't mind him getting something like You Are the Reason by Calum Scott. Something plaintive and sincere.

As overdone as that one Lewis Capaldi song is (we all know the one), it’s the safest choice for votes of the suggestions you have, so I could tolerate it with a bit of grumbling if he ends up going down that path.

That said, bodie managing to sell two separate TikTok songs to an audience whose main hobby is complaining about the youths on TikTok shows that he could make something more out of the box work to land a finale slot via PV even though he’s the least prototypical Team Blake member left.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

OK, so apparently some eagle-eyed viewers looked into bodie's latest story and saw the title "Without Me" in his laptop.

2m6U62B.jpg

So his solo Semis song could be the Eminem one or the Halsey one. Thoughts?

Hoping it's Halsey's, that could be more of a moment than Eminem's. 

Listening to Eminem's now, it would be a terrible choice lmao. Although if he flipped it, I wouldn't worry too much if he made it more of a ballad.

But plz be Halsey's lol.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

Hoping it's Halsey's, that could be more of a moment than Eminem's. 

Listening to Eminem's now, it would be a terrible choice lmao. Although if he flipped it, I wouldn't worry too much if he made it more of a ballad.

But plz be Halsey's lol.

I'm honestly kidding LOL. It's probably Halsey. 

I have to listen to Halsey's song in a bit before forming my thoughts.... But wow, two ultra-modern choices in a row, and on a important week as the Semis? Are they that confident in bodie defying the Minivan vote and clinching a PV for Blake? 

bodie seems very excited for this at least. And given that I had reservations about golden hour and it turned out to be my favorite performance from him so far, I don't know why I'm anxious about this. I guess I have to trust bodie, Blake and NBC to sell the HELL out of this one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I'm honestly kidding LOL. It's probably Halsey. 

I have to listen to Halsey's song in a bit before forming my thoughts.... But wow, two ultra-modern choices in a row, and on a important week as the Semis? Are they that confident in bodie defying the Minivan vote and clinching a PV for Blake? 

bodie seems very excited for this at least. And given that I had reservations about golden hour and it turned out to be my favorite performance from him so far, I don't know why I'm anxious about this. I guess I have to trust bodie, Blake and NBC to sell the HELL out of this one.

If Bodie is truly running away with the win then apparently TPTB is letting him sing whatever he wants.

I actually really love this song and Bodie arranging it to fit him(slower in certain parts) will be great for him. Blake knows how to sell a contestant, Bodie will get PV for sure.

If Bodie's excited, I have no reason not to trust him(look at his lives so far, he knows what he's doing)

2nd scenario in why he is getting another modern song may not be what you will like to hear....

First of all, does Bodie care about winning this whole season? 

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

2nd scenario in why he is getting another modern song may not be what you will like to hear....

First of all, does Bodie care about winning this whole season? 

A valid question..... I haven't seen enough of bodie on social media to infer anything, but based on what we've seen in the intro packages, he seems happy to be there, enjoying Blake's tutelage and working with the band.

The last time we had a contestant go deep in the game with this modern of a song list is Noah Mac. And while Noah explicitly said he didn't want to win in the first place, I never got that vibe from bodie. He's invested in the game. He also seems just as surprised as us that people are enjoying his fresh song choices, even if it's not what the majority likes.

And again, we can't count Blake's investment out the equation. Dude's got 22 seasons's worth of experience to know who's running away with the game. And his adoration for bodie is plain as day. That's got to count for something, right?

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

A valid question..... I haven't seen enough of bodie on social media to infer anything, but based on what we've seen in the intro packages, he seems happy to be there, enjoying Blake's tutelage and working with the band.

The last time we had a contestant go deep in the game with this modern of a song list is Noah Mac. And while Noah explicitly said he didn't want to win in the first place, I never got that vibe from bodie. He's invested in the game. He also seems just as surprised as us that people are enjoying his fresh song choices, even if it's not what the majority likes.

And again, we can't count Blake's investment out the equation. Dude's got 22 seasons's worth of experience to know who's running away with the game. And his adoration for bodie is plain as day. That's got to count for something, right?

It helps that Blake is by his side and clearly his favorite. Most of the time Blake gets what he wants too(at least regarding his teams' frontrunners) 

I think if Bodie wants to win on his terms, then TPTB and Blake is giving him the best shot over his other team members.

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

It helps that Blake is by his side and clearly his favorite. Most of the time Blake gets what he wants too(at least regarding his teams' frontrunners) 

I think if Bodie wants to win on his terms, then TPTB and Blake is giving him the best shot over his other team members.

Yeah.... At the end of the day they really gave so much advantages to bodie. I guess I have to trust that all of it will be enough to overcome my apprehension of this song's voting appeal.

I listened to the Halsey song a couple of times ... Plus a couple of live versions and covers... and I honestly don't know why I'm so nervous for this one, this is absolutely a song that's smack dab in the middle of bodie's wheelhouse. He'll feel right at home with this one. And that's what matters.

If Blake somehow came up with the idea for this song, I bet he got it from that CMT performance Halsey did with Kelsea Ballerini. Major kudos to Blake if that's the case.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yeah.... At the end of the day they really gave so much advantages to bodie. I guess I have to trust that all of it will be enough to overcome my apprehension of this song's voting appeal.

I listened to the Halsey song a couple of times ... Plus a couple of live versions and covers... and I honestly don't know why I'm so nervous for this one, this is absolutely a song that's smack dab in the middle of bodie's wheelhouse. He'll feel right at home with this one. And that's what matters.

If Blake somehow came up with the idea for this song, I bet he got it from that CMT performance Halsey did with Kelsea Ballerini. Major kudos to Blake if that's the case.

If what everyone is saying is true, he probably will sing Halsey. He generally prefers to cover songs by female artists anyways . So this makes sense for him in my opinion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aloofprune said:

If what everyone is saying is true, he probably will sing Halsey. He generally prefers to cover songs by female artists anyways . So this makes sense for him in my opinion.

Awesome! I'm worried for nothing, it seems.

Here's a point of reference for how Without Me will sound on the Voice stage....

Obviously bodie will put his magic on this and make it a big dramatic vocal showcase.... Can't wait to see it all unfold!

• Like 1

The song choice didn’t make me nervous at first but after reading some comments, I’m second guessing myself. 😂 I think it will work for him though. I also expect him to tap into the emotion of the lyrics more than I get from Halsey’s version, which should help. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jem128 said:

The song choice didn’t make me nervous at first but after reading some comments, I’m second guessing myself. 😂 I think it will work for him though. I also expect him to tap into the emotion of the lyrics more than I get from Halsey’s version, which should help. 

OMG I hope it isn't my comments that made you doubt! Forget my pessimism, I just really want bodie to make it to the Finale. 😅😅😅

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Blake has already shouted, "Hey somebody give this guy a record deal!" after one of Bodie's performances. He doesn't do that for everybody.

I can see Haley's version if it's cleaned up a little bit and maybe even slowed down a bit? I refuse to listen to Eminem's version....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Teraginn said:

If this is his song, I cannot wait to hear what he does with it. Im an older fan (62) and kind of hesitant with f Bombs that I know he has to and will to take out...but excited nonetheless. He has blown my mind every time. My husband and I just shake our heads and say WOW! Our boys are involved with music and we love all kinds of music, but we stay away from the a lot of the mainstream pop stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Not a Halsey fan (especially not of that song), but Bodie made me enjoy a Bieber song earlier on in the season despite me not being a Bieber fan in the slightest, so if the alleged song choice is accurate I will give it a shot.

I'll be honest I havent cared for any of Bodie's song choices so far yet he ends up having one of my favourite performances almost every round.

Tremendous props to him. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Bodie's California community is supporting him through watch parties, news coverage, etc.? That can help a contestant win, but it tends to mainly happen with those from small towns or areas.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, monkshood said:

Blake has already shouted, "Hey somebody give this guy a record deal!" after one of Bodie's performances. He doesn't do that for everybody.

I can see Haley's version if it's cleaned up a little bit and maybe even slowed down a bit? I refuse to listen to Eminem's version....

OK, I think I found another version of Without Me that might give us a better idea of how it could be arranged to bodie's advantage....

Just add more orchestration, maybe some downbeats and replace this with bodie's vocals, and we're golden! Pun intended.

My biggest issue with the song is it doesn't have space for bodie to show off his impressive belts, which is his best feature IMO..... hopefully he and Blake can figure out how to put that in here.

10 hours ago, GrammyHeidi said:

If this is his song, I cannot wait to hear what he does with it. Im an older fan (62) and kind of hesitant with f Bombs that I know he has to and will to take out...but excited nonetheless. He has blown my mind every time. My husband and I just shake our heads and say WOW! Our boys are involved with music and we love all kinds of music, but we stay away from the a lot of the mainstream pop stuff. 

I'm so happy you and your husband are enjoying his fresh song choices! He's certainly leaning in hard on the modern pop sound, but he sells it so well... and a lot of people are buying into it!

I'm sure he'll just replace the f-bombs with "screw"..... or he'll just skip over them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Not a Halsey fan (especially not of that song), but Bodie made me enjoy a Bieber song earlier on in the season despite me not being a Bieber fan in the slightest, so if the alleged song choice is accurate I will give it a shot.

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I'll be honest I havent cared for any of Bodie's song choices so far yet he ends up having one of my favourite performances almost every round.

Tremendous props to him. 

Same! I love it when an artist on this show challenges me to hear stuff I don't necessarily gravitate to and see them in a whole new way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RTV said:

Does anyone know if Bodie's California community is supporting him through watch parties, news coverage, etc.? That can help a contestant win, but it tends to mainly happen with those from small towns or areas.

They showed his church community having a watch party in his intro package last Monday. They also introduced his Top 10 song. And there were a LOT of them.

• Thanks 1

Oh, and if you haven't been following the spoiler thread.... we've eliminated Morgan, Bryce, Kim and Parijita as potential duet partners for the Whitney duet.

It's starting to look like he's paired with Brayden..... which is gonna be a challenge, since they're not on the same level vocally and they're taking on a mammoth artist.

They could probably pull off Higher Love, and since they already chose a non-original Whitney song for one of the pairs, this is likely to happen.... anything else is a crap shoot.