The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 minute ago, Jaffy said:

I mean Blake did bring three males (two of whom were mediocre) last season to the finale.

Gwen was easily much less strategic.
Alyssa was a complete waste of a spot since she ended up being eliminated 1st. And she missed her chance to steal Austin.

In The KO’S paired

1. Jay Vs Kayla Vs Sasha

2. Kique Vs Cara Vs Rowan

3. Justin Vs Daysia Vs Alyssa

KO Steal: Austin Montgomery.

You’re leaving out the fact that Blake chose Rowan over Bryce, and the only reason he had 3 males is because Bryce won the instant save. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You’re leaving out the fact that Blake chose Rowan over Bryce, and the only reason he had 3 males is because Bryce won the instant save. 

Oh yeah lol. You’re absolutely right. I’m stupid. Sorry. I was shocked bodie got it over Bryce. He was much more talented, but since when did minivan care about vocal talent lol? Bryce won, but imo only because bodie flopped with his Halsey song and of course Niall could easily have all WTF pairings like Ross Vs Gina, Kate Vs Jerome etc.

Edited by Jaffy

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

He still has two. 

Team Niall:
Gina Miles
Michael B. Williams
Ross Clayton
Kate Cosentino
Jerome Godwin
EJ Michels (stolen from Blake)
Playoff Pass: Ryley Tate

Seems like Ryley is his snowflake, due to the playoff pass. He´s young, and Niall probably sees himself in him. Hoping he can deliver though.

As for the KO people, I´m not sure who he might have in mind to advance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Seems like Ryley is his snowflake, due to the playoff pass. He´s young, and Niall probably sees himself in him. Hoping he can deliver though.

As for the KO people, I´m not sure who he might have in mind to advance.

If that’s the case, why didn’t he choose him as the winner of the battle? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jaffy said:

It would be unbelievably awesome if they flipped it into a gospel song. Like if they do that, they CANNOT montage it.

There was a steal after it, so highly unlikely that it'll be montaged.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

If that’s the case, why didn’t he choose him as the winner of the battle? 

I assumed, due to him instantly sending him to playoffs without having to sing another round. There´s still a chance he could pick someone else over Michael in KOs.

That´s just me trying to get some logic out of this stupid twist.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

I assumed, due to him instantly sending him to playoffs without having to sing another round. There´s still a chance he could pick someone else over Michael in KOs.

I personally think it’s likely that Michael outsang him. Making that assumption, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have given the teen singer an easier pairing, if he is in fact  Niall’s snowflake. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I personally think it’s likely that Michael outsang him. Making that assumption, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have given the teen singer an easier pairing, if he is in fact  Niall’s snowflake. 🤷‍♂️ 

I’d have paired him with Gina.

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Personally I’d give my playoff save to the better singer. If I were Nial, I’d give it to Ross to guarantee myself a contestant in the finale.

Edited by Jaffy

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is Niall's snowflake, but Niall probably has a soft spot for him, like most coaches with their teenage contestants. Yeah, Michael probably outsang him but Niall clearly couldn't just let him go, that's why he gave him the Playoff pass. And yes, the pairing was weird but we probably won't know the logic behing these pairings until the battles air. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

I’d have paired him with Gina.

Or Kala, but that’s only assuming he wanted Ryley to have a better chance of holding his own. Instead, he paired him with an older, more seasoned contestant, who seems to be a competent vocalist. Seems like a mismatch on paper. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Or Kala, but that’s only assuming he wanted Ryley to have a better chance of holding his own. Instead, he paired him with an older, more seasoned contestant, who seems to be a competent vocalist. Seems like a mismatch on paper. 

Yeah. She would have worked too. 

That gives me flashbacks to Tate Brusa Vs Anders Drerup, even though Tate was clearly superior.

Edited by Jaffy

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying he is Niall's snowflake, but Niall probably has a soft spot for him, like most coaches with their teenage contestants. Yeah, Michael probably outsang him but Niall clearly couldn't just let him go, that's why he gave him the Playoff pass. And yes, the pairing was weird but we probably won't know the logic behing these pairings until the battles air. 

That’s exactly what I think it is. He didn’t want to send him home, so the easiest solution was to give him the pass, and let him have one more performance. If he knocks it our if the park, maybe he’ll get to stay. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That's the problem, we are trying to get logic from something that doesn't have any of it. The producers told the coaches about the twist, and the coaches did whatever they wanted to do with it. That's it. TPTB is focused on their concept of "Good TV", and at the end of the day, whatever that makes them money is fine for them, they don't care about "fairness".

• Like 2

Apparently Michael was indeed better according to source, and checking both of their material, I´d say he´s the stronger singer of the two,  but like I said, why would Niall put Michael through another ronud and give Ryley a free pass? I assume because he likes Ryley better.

Of course Ryley will get robbed of the performance that could have been make or break for him (KOs), but that´s the way we view it. Niall probably doesn´t. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Apparently Michael was indeed better according to source, and checking both of their material, I´d say he´s the stronger singer of the two,  but like I said, why would Niall put Michael through another ronud and give Ryley a free pass? I assume because he likes Ryley better.

Of course Ryley will get robbed of the performance that could have been make or break for him (KOs), but that´s the way we view it. Niall probably doesn´t. 

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. 

• Like 1

For example, let’s consider the KO rounds for Chloe, Brynn, Chevel, Carter. How many of them would have still won without their KO? Maybe some of them, but probably not all of them. Maybe even none of them? 

Very true. Even people like Jake Hoot and Girl Named Tom would have had a lower chance, since their Knockouts were important performances for them. (Chloe and Chevel probably wouldn’t have received fast-passes, though, considering their Battles got montaged, and Chloe was a Knockout steal anyway). Brynn, Carter, Jake and GNT all had a shot based on their battle. I think the pass would only be helpful in the long run if someone already had an excellent performance (like if their audition was good). Though the coaches often know who their TCO is and will make sure they win their Knockout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

See it this way. If it was S18-S20 format, the result probably would have been the same, and Niall would have probably saved Ryley and thrown him into the 4WKO.

2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Though the coaches often know who their TCO is and will make sure they win their Knockout.

And their battles, which is the point I’ve been making. They should never pair their TCOs with a superior singer when there are other options. Especially a teen singer. That’s why I’m not buying that Ryley is Neil’s TCO. 

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

See it this way. If it was S18-S20 format, the result probably would have been the same, and Niall would have probably saved Ryley and thrown him into the 4WKO.

Yeah, that seems about right. 

Only this time Ryley doesn´t need to fight for his life. (Never forget Savanna Woods).