SYTYCD Superlatives (Best All Star Duet - Round 2)

FrogLenzen

Everyone has a bottom 2 left except Gigi and Diana but Gigi is completely slaying us all :giggle:My prediction is my #5 will win which I would be perfectly happy with.

Kitty   Derek   JC   Zoey   Diana   Chris   Patryk   Megan   Amanda   Rei   Gigi
1   1   1   1   1   1   1 Vivian & Denden 1   1   1   1  
2 Makenzie & Paul 2   2 Koine & Kiki 2 Katee & Joshua 2   2   2   2   2   2 Katee & Joshua 2  
3   3 Katee & Joshua 3   3   3 Katee & Joshua 3   3   3 Janette & Brandon 3   3   3  
4   4   4   4 Makenzie & Paul 4   4 Kate & Jack 4 Kate & Jack 4   4 Makenzie & Paul 4 Lisa & Vincent 4  
5   5   5   5   5   5   5 Janette & Brandon 5 Talia & Charlie 5   5 Janette & Brandon 5  
6 Lisa & Vincent 6 Janette & Brandon 6 Makenzie & Paul 6 Lisa & Vincent 6 Kate & Jack 6   6 Talia & Charlie 6 Lisa & Vincent 6 Koine & Kiki 6   6  
7 Janette & Brandon 7   7   7   7   7 Talia & Charlie 7   7   7 Talia & Charlie 7   7  
8 Enora & Lorenzo 8 Lisa & Vincent 8   8   8   8   8   8   8 Janette & Brandon 8   8 Talia & Charlie
9   9 Enora & Lorenzo 9   9 Tamara & Redouan 9 Koine & Kiki 9 Koine & Kiki 9   9 Tamara & Redouan 9   9   9  
10 Tamara & Redouan 10 Vivian & Denden 10 Enora & Lorenzo 10 Koine & Kiki 10 Lisa & Vincent 10 Katee & Joshua 10   10   10 Tamara & Redouan 10   10  
11 Koine & Kiki 11 Tamara & Redouan 11 Kate & Jack 11 Vivian & Denden 11   11 Lisa & Vincent 11   11 Koine & Kiki 11   11 Tamara & Redouan 11  
12   12   12 Vivian & Denden 12 Enora & Lorenzo 12 Enora & Lorenzo 12   12 Tamara & Redouan 12 Vivian & Denden 12 Lisa & Vincent 12   12 Vivian & Denden
13 Vivian & Denden 13   13 Tamara & Redouan 13   13   13 Enora & Lorenzo 13 Makenzie & Paul 13   13   13 Koine & Kiki 13 Koine & Kiki
14   14   14 Katee & Joshua 14   14   14   14 Enora & Lorenzo 14   14   14   14 Katee & Joshua
15 Talia & Charlie 15 Makenzie & Paul 15   15   15 Makenzie & Paul 15 Vivian & Denden 15   15 Enora & Lorenzo 15   15 Talia & Charlie 15 Kate & Jack
16 Kate & Jack 16   16 Talia & Charlie 16 Kate & Jack 16 Vivian & Denden 16   16 Lisa & Vincent 16 Kate & Jack 16 Katee & Joshua 16 Vivian & Denden 16 Tamara & Redouan
17   17 Talia & Charlie 17   17   17   17 Janette & Brandon 17   17   17 Kate & Jack 17 Kate & Jack 17 Makenzie & Paul
18   18 Kate & Jack 18 Janette & Brandon 18 Talia & Charlie 18 Janette & Brandon 18 Makenzie & Paul 18 Koine & Kiki 18 Makenzie & Paul 18 Enora & Lorenzo 18 Enora & Lorenzo 18 Janette & Brandon
19   19   19 Lisa & Vincent 19 Janette & Brandon 19 Talia & Charlie 19   19 Katee & Joshua 19   19   19 Makenzie & Paul 19 Lisa & Vincent
20 Katee & Joshua 20 Koine & Kiki 20   20   20 Tamara & Redouan 20 Tamara & Redouan 20   20 Katee & Joshua 20 Vivian & Denden 20   20 Enora & Lorenzo
Edited by JC

10. Ivy & Robbie

sytycd couples

10.54 / 20

@*Chris - 1/20

@FrogLenzen - 1/20

@Zoey - 8/20

@JC - 9/20

@totes4totes - 10/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@kritaaay - 12/20

@*Diana - 13/20

@*Amanda - 14/20

@Erestor - 17/20

@.Rei - 20/20

Australia Season 3

Jazz:  "Bad Romance” by Juliette "Jet" Verne

Paso Doble:  "Sweet Disposition” by Jason Gilkison

Contemporary:  "Little Lion Man” by Debbie Ellis

Bollywood:  “Bombay" by Ramona Lobo

Broadway:  "Mein Herr" by Andrew Hallsworth

Hip-Hop:  “Memories" by Jason Bird & Katie Cesaro

Rumba:  "The Prayer” by Aric & Masha

Derek - 1/20

I adore this couple and I think they are absolutely brilliant and I’m not sorry about it either. This was a partnership that was just randomly put together after the Top 18 eliminations, and I don’t think anyone would have planned to have them together because physically they are such a mismatch. But this partnership changed the entire course of the season, and for that I think it absolutely deserves Top 10.

This was a season where judge darlings Grace and Doug were eliminated at Top 16 week. Anything could have happened depending on how the couples/performances/voting shook out. I honestly think that Ivy and Robbie could have been cut before top 10 if the season went differently. But when they were paired up, they absolutely stepped up to the plate. Their first routine, the Jazz, was so out of the box and was a huge moment for them and the show. It really put them on the map and gave new life into the entire season. The Paso Doble? 10/10 flawless. The Contemporary? 10/10 flawless. The Bollywood was way above average and was to a Timbaland song to boot. The broadway? 10/10 flawless. I think overall their set of routines together is one of the strongest of any couple ever. There are no flops, and there are multiple AMAZING routines. If they didn’t get paired up, I don’t think Robbie wins the season. If they don’t get paired up, I don’t think Ivy makes the finale. The way they handled adversity and took the reigns and carved their place in this season is legendary to me. I don’t know why they are hated or underrated or whatever around here, especially with Ivy being so popular. Ivy would have been nothing if she didn’t have Robbie get her to the Top 10. And she knew it, too, and thanked Robbie in the finale when she got 3rd place. Anyway, I am a proud Robbie/Ivy stan and thank goodness at least one other person is on the same page as me in this game. 

JC - 9/20

Love Ivy, dislike Robbie, but not as much as many of the others that are part of couples lower in my ranking. Pretty bad that they are so high since it's such a terrible group overall compared to what I would hope for the Top 20.

Megan - 10/20

I think it's hilarious that the three Australian couples we have on here do not represent original partnerships. I think it just kind of goes to show that what production thinks is going to be a knockout partnership and what actually is are not always aligned (though to be fair: Jack/Demi and Charlie/Penny were both good they just didn't reach the highs of the couples on this list). I actually really did like Ivy with Gaz and think their hip-hop is underrated around these parts, but Ivy and Robbie just works in a way that you wouldn't imagine because on paper they are so mismatched. Their first jazz was fun but it was their Pasodoble that was so fantastic (again Jason Gilkison is maybe the most exciting ballroom/Latin choreographer across the franchise). I have them a little lower because week 14 was really their peak and while they had some other great routines, Robbie would like immediately go the next week to partner with Jessie and get "Talk Show Host" and that could almost put Jessie/Robbie in contention for best AU3 couple as well.

Kriti - 12/20

AU3 was the only Australian season I really grew attached to, but even so it’s been so long I can’t remember who my favourite was (maybe Jess?) Ivy and Robbie were great though and maybe their routines rise in my esteem because of the very good music choices.

9. Donyelle & Benji

sytycd couples

10.36 / 20

Megan - 1/20

Derek - 2/20

Rei - 3/20

Kriti - 3/20

Gigi - 10/20

Zoey - 14/20

JC - 15/20

Patryk - 15/20

Amanda - 15/20

Diana - 17/20

Chris - 19/20

US Season 2

Hip-Hop:  "2 Much Booty” by Shane Sparks

Cha-cha:  “Cuchi-Cuchi" by Mark Weiss

Pop-Jazz:  "Put the Needle on It” by Brian Friedman

Viennese Waltz:  "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?” by Toni Redpath & Michael Mead

Broadway:  "You Can't Stop The Beat" by Tyce Diorio

Broadway:  "Le Jazz Hot” by Tyce Diorio

Hip-Hop:  “Hotline" by Shane Sparks

Viennese Waltz:  "I'll Be” by Jean-Marc Généreux

Megan - 1/20

When looking at this list to begin with, I wasn't sure who was gonna be my #1 because there were several good choices. But overall it just feels the most right to put Benji and Donyelle here. They were a couple that was supposed to be so mismatched that they were to be early boots and instead their contrasts worked. It helps that both are phenomenal dancers, but they complemented each other so well. It's hard to imagine that either would have made it so far without the talents of the other. Donyelle giving Benji authenticity in hip-hop and Benji providing that in return for their TWO Viennese Waltzes and cha-cha. Benji and Donyelle also have taken genres that generate very few memorable routines and made them showstoppers (Their first Viennese Waltz and Broadway are some of the best routines on the show). Benji and Donyelle put the idea of a power couple on this show on the map and the show has been trying hard to recreate that magic since.

Derek - 2/20

Benjelle getting 9th place is really just embarrassing. Blah blah we all already know the story about how Nigel was planning to sabotage Benji with this partnership and get him eliminated, but then Benji laughed and instead swept the whole season. Benji & Donyelle invented the “power couple” on SYTYCD. Without Benji & Donyelle, I don’t think that SYTYCD would have gotten off the ground. They are absolutely legendary and obliterated the season. Every routine is a serve, no matter what style. Almost gave them my #1… this set sucks

Kriti - 3/20

A couple that I was attached to personally and that had a really strong run? And the people in the couple aren’t trash garbage humans? A rarity from US2, I love.

JC - 15/20

Meh I like Benji somewhat although Ivan was robbed, but I thought he was better with other partners. Donyelle was alright but never found her that interesting.

8. Jayme Rae & Daniel

sytycd couples

10.27 / 20

Zoey - 1/20

Kriti - 5/20

Rei - 7/20

Megan - 7/20

Chris - 8/20

Gigi - 9/20

Derek - 12/20

Amanda - 13/20

Diana - 14/20

JC - 17/20

Patryk - 20/20

Canada Season 2

Afro-Jazz:  "The Path” by Sean Cheesman

Dancehall:  "So Fine” by Jae Blaze

Hip-hop:  "Pucker Up” by Luther Brown

Disco:  "Disco Inferno” by Melissa Williams

Contemporary:  "It Must Have Been Love” by Blake McGrath

Kriti - 5/20

Very good. Very strong. Daniel was robbed. I think they could have had more diversity in the mood of routines they were asked to perform, but I think the few times they were asked to step out of that sexy zone, they did in fact deliver.

Megan - 7/20

Despite the fact that I don't know if I took all the couples in the franchise if JR and Daniel would make my persona top 20, they do make my #7 here. I have a hard time ranking them any lower than any of the couples I previously listed but it still feels that #7 is too high for them. And I'm a huge JR/Daniel fan!!!!! (And Daniel still should have made Top 10, 5ever mad at his elimination). I think it's because they started out so strong but finished weak. Not necessarily their fault. Their disco was a Melissa Williams routine and she's maybe the weakest choreographer in the Canadian series and their contemporary was just fine. (Looking at that entire week, overall it was pretty MEH so maybe it was just a cursed Top 12 week). But obviously the greatness of their Dancehall and Hip-Hop more than make up for it.

Derek - 12/20

I’ve just written about #10 and #9 and I don’t really have the same passion for this couple, but they are super great and I’m not surprised they made the Top 10. 

JC - 17/20

Daniel is mega but JR pulls him down down down.

7. Kayla & Kupono

sytycd couples

10.00 / 20

Diana - 1/20

Chris - 2/20

Patryk - 3/20

JC - 4/20

Derek - 4/20

Gigi - 6/20

Rei - 14/20

Kriti - 18/20

Amanda - 19/20

Megan - 19/20

Zoey - 20/20

US Season 5

Viennese Waltz:  "Sweet Dreams for You” by Jean-Marc Généreux & France Mousseau

Contemporary:  "Eyes On Fire” by Sonya Tayeh

Contemporary:  “Gravity" by Mia Michaels

Broadway:  "The Dance At the Gym" by Joey Dowling

JC - 4/20

I actually really liked this couple as they had some great routines. They also would not make my personal Top 20, but after some of the contemporary routines they slayed together, I get it.

Derek - 4/20

Oops, I’m a Kayla stan and this is my blind stan ranking. 4 routines, with those styles, is not the most impressive run but Kayla is such a force to me that I imagined it differently lmao. I think the V. Waltz was actually a huge accomplishment for them, and part of what makes them a great couple. It wasn’t the most exciting routine, but it was clearly planned to be for Max and Kayla originally, and I think Kupono stepped up to the plate and really surprised me. And Mary put them on the hot tamale train for it lmao. Megan and I have already privately discussed our conspiracy theory for this season with Mia Michaels, so I won’t go fully into it but Sonya’s contemporary was spectacular and without that routine, Gravity doesn’t exist. I promise you that. If Mia wasn’t sitting on the judge panel when Sonya’s piece happened, we would have gotten a completely different routine for Top 12 week. And without Mia’s influence Max might have even survived up until then, oop. Anyway, this couple is helped by the fact that they danced one of the best and most iconic SYTYCD routines ever together. The Joey piece was garbage but that shows how good Gravity was that we don’t think about Joey. 

Kriti - 18/20

I honestly also think they’re here based on one very strong routine (two, if we stretch) and nothing else. That doesn’t really cut it for me.

Megan - 19/20

I am still bitter that Ashley and Max were eliminated just so Kayla could have a contemporary partner to do one good routine with. They had that other contemporary routine that was not as good. You can decide which is which. And then some routines that I don't even remember being nearly as good as Kayla's samba with Max or Kupono's jazz with Ashley. Also if ANYBODY should have been eliminated that night it should have been Kupono.

6. Lacey & Kameron

sytycd couples

9.45 / 20

JC - 3/20

Zoey - 3/20

Derek - 7/20

Gigi - 7/20

Diana - 8/20

Rei - 9/20

Patryk - 10/20

Amanda - 11/20

Megan - 13/20

Chris - 14/20

Kriti - 19/20

US Season 3

Contemporary:  “Dancing" by Mia Michaels

Broadway:  "Overture/All That Jazz" by Tyce Diorio

Quickstep:  "Big and Bad” by Tony Meredith & Melanie LaPatin

Hustle:  "Ain't No Mountain High Enough” by Maria Torres

Hip-Hop:  "Here I Come” by Dan Karaty

JC - 3/20

Kameron was so underrated! This was a POWER COUPLE to die for. Absolutely ADORED them. Queen Lacey dragged Kameron into the Top 10, but honestly their chemistry and fabulosity deserved that! Other than my Top 2, this couple may be the only other one that would make my personal Top 20.

Derek - 7/20

Lacey is iconic. Benji invented “power couples” and Lacey invented carrying your partner to Top 10. First, let me give them props for their contemporary, the routine that changed my life (as I’ve often mentioned on these forums). So for that alone, I don’t object to them being in the Top 10. But beyond that, they also had other really great routines. The broadway was super solid, the quickstep was impressive for what they got out of Kameron, and the Hustle is actually a highlight of the season for me. The Hip Hop is atrocious and one of the worst routines from all time from anyone, but by this point the couple was unstoppable and this mess bounced off of them and they easily made the Top 10 outright. 

Megan - 13/20

Kameron was so NOTHING in this partnership that we called contestants who got eliminated at the Top 10 after never being in danger while their partner sailed to the finale “Kameron'd"

Kriti - 19/20

Had some really strong routines, but fully carried by Lacey and that’s undeniable.

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Superlatives (Best Couple Results: 6-10)

In true JC fashion, I am the last one with my #20 left :rofl:

Derek has his #19 left though. Actually Derek is doing the worst with 4 of his bottom 10 left in the top 5 :rofl:Everyone else has 0-2

Edited by JC

Gigi leaving everyone for dead

Kitty   Derek   JC   Zoey   Diana   Chris   Patryk   Megan   Amanda   Rei   Gigi
1   1 Ivy & Robbie 1   1 Jayme Rae & Daniel 1 Kayla & Kupono 1 Ivy & Robbie 1 Vivian & Denden 1 Donyelle & Benji 1   1   1  
2 Makenzie & Paul 2 Donyelle & Benji 2 Koine & Kiki 2 Katee & Joshua 2   2 Kayla & Kupono 2   2   2   2 Katee & Joshua 2  
3 Donyelle & Benji 3 Katee & Joshua 3 Lacey & Kameron 3 Lacey & Kameron 3 Katee & Joshua 3   3 Kayla & Kupono 3 Janette & Brandon 3   3 Donyelle & Benji 3  
4   4 Kayla & Kupono 4 Kayla & Kupono 4 Makenzie & Paul 4   4 Kate & Jack 4 Kate & Jack 4   4 Makenzie & Paul 4 Lisa & Vincent 4  
5 Jayme Rae & Daniel 5   5   5   5   5   5 Janette & Brandon 5 Talia & Charlie 5   5 Janette & Brandon 5  
6 Lisa & Vincent 6 Janette & Brandon 6 Makenzie & Paul 6 Lisa & Vincent 6 Kate & Jack 6   6 Talia & Charlie 6 Lisa & Vincent 6 Koine & Kiki 6   6 Kayla & Kupono
7 Janette & Brandon 7 Lacey & Kameron 7   7   7   7 Talia & Charlie 7   7 Jayme Rae & Daniel 7 Talia & Charlie 7 Jayme Rae & Daniel 7 Lacey & Kameron
8 Enora & Lorenzo 8 Lisa & Vincent 8   8 Ivy & Robbie 8 Lacey & Kameron 8 Jayme Rae & Daniel 8   8   8 Janette & Brandon 8   8 Talia & Charlie
9   9 Enora & Lorenzo 9 Ivy & Robbie 9 Tamara & Redouan 9 Koine & Kiki 9 Koine & Kiki 9   9 Tamara & Redouan 9   9 Lacey & Kameron 9 Jayme Rae & Daniel
10 Tamara & Redouan 10 Vivian & Denden 10 Enora & Lorenzo 10 Koine & Kiki 10 Lisa & Vincent 10 Katee & Joshua 10 Lacey & Kameron 10 Ivy & Robbie 10 Tamara & Redouan 10   10 Donyelle & Benji
11 Koine & Kiki 11 Tamara & Redouan 11 Kate & Jack 11 Vivian & Denden 11   11 Lisa & Vincent 11   11 Koine & Kiki 11 Lacey & Kameron 11 Tamara & Redouan 11 Ivy & Robbie
12 Ivy & Robbie 12 Jayme Rae & Daniel 12 Vivian & Denden 12 Enora & Lorenzo 12 Enora & Lorenzo 12   12 Tamara & Redouan 12 Vivian & Denden 12 Lisa & Vincent 12   12 Vivian & Denden
13 Vivian & Denden 13   13 Tamara & Redouan 13   13 Ivy & Robbie 13 Enora & Lorenzo 13 Makenzie & Paul 13 Lacey & Kameron 13 Jayme Rae & Daniel 13 Koine & Kiki 13 Koine & Kiki
14   14   14 Katee & Joshua 14 Donyelle & Benji 14 Jayme Rae & Daniel 14 Lacey & Kameron 14 Enora & Lorenzo 14   14 Ivy & Robbie 14 Kayla & Kupono 14 Katee & Joshua
15 Talia & Charlie 15 Makenzie & Paul 15 Donyelle & Benji 15   15 Makenzie & Paul 15 Vivian & Denden 15 Donyelle & Benji 15 Enora & Lorenzo 15 Donyelle & Benji 15 Talia & Charlie 15 Kate & Jack
16 Kate & Jack 16   16 Talia & Charlie 16 Kate & Jack 16 Vivian & Denden 16   16 Lisa & Vincent 16 Kate & Jack 16 Katee & Joshua 16 Vivian & Denden 16 Tamara & Redouan
17   17 Talia & Charlie 17 Jayme Rae & Daniel 17   17 Donyelle & Benji 17 Janette & Brandon 17 Ivy & Robbie 17   17 Kate & Jack 17 Kate & Jack 17 Makenzie & Paul
18 Kayla & Kupono 18 Kate & Jack 18 Janette & Brandon 18 Talia & Charlie 18 Janette & Brandon 18 Makenzie & Paul 18 Koine & Kiki 18 Makenzie & Paul 18 Enora & Lorenzo 18 Enora & Lorenzo 18 Janette & Brandon
19 Lacey & Kameron 19   19 Lisa & Vincent 19 Janette & Brandon 19 Talia & Charlie 19 Donyelle & Benji 19 Katee & Joshua 19 Kayla & Kupono 19 Kayla & Kupono 19 Makenzie & Paul 19 Lisa & Vincent
20 Katee & Joshua 20 Koine & Kiki 20   20 Kayla & Kupono 20 Tamara & Redouan 20 Tamara & Redouan 20 Jayme Rae & Daniel 20 Katee & Joshua 20 Vivian & Denden 20 Ivy & Robbie 20 Enora & Lorenzo

Edited by JC

Also Kayla was amazing with all the partners she danced with hence why i didn’t rank Kaypono that high as I always put first her iconic role as an individual rather than being part of a pair…

having said that their first three routines as a couple are much better than a lot of the runs of some of the couples in this Top 20

Edited by .Rei
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, .Rei said:

JC is all about hot people but then he doesn’t like Jayme Rae and Vincent

Miss J Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I don’t find them hot lol and I can find certain hot people annoying so sometimes it’s best if they just never talk and keep the gag in with their azz up :giggle: #nsfw

I wouldn’t say they are ugly but not my type sowwy :kissbye: and Vincent is being compared to all the other hot French Canadian men so he is severely lacking in comparison #nicosayrobbed

9 hours ago, kritaaay said:

I feel like this truly proves US4-6 was the GOAT run of the show

I think it just shows how old we all are as this was probably when most of us were at the age where SYTYCD was most engaging for us

because I remember how older people the age of grand papa Wally would always complain how bad 4-6 were compared to 2 and especially 3 (which I love also) I would say 5 is the weak link of all the first seasons but these were also the best because of fanwars ❤️