American Idol Rankdown 3.0 (Rebooted)

sublymonal

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

I would take an Alejandro win over Laine 100% of the time even before Laine was revealed to be a huge creep

Laine is pretty bad so even if I don't like Alejandro this is an understandable take.

Dillon James

Vote for Dillon James ('American Idol') after 'Our Town' performance -  GoldDerby

Nothing major against him beyond me remembering who he is and he was part of the COVID season and I didn't like him much. His Change the World song was supposed to be a moment but I hate that song and hated his arrangement even more. His Hang On song was actually not terrible but it was a lot of style over substance. If we're being honest then most of the people from this cursed season should be cut immediately just because the show was missing some magic due to the circumstances. But yeah this guy checks off pretty much zero boxes for contestants that would appeal to me, so he's on the chopping block. I don't remember any other performances of his so I assume they were not great. 

Save Grace K

• Sad 1

DMGriffith.webp.21d783805724eab04cdaa5a9ec7c0627.webp

DAN MARSHALL

Dan's whole storyline was he was a football player who sang country while looking handsome. Some songs he sang were "The Dance" "Hard Workin' Man" "What Are You Listening To" "Heaven" "Friends in Low Places" "Stuck on You" and "She's Got It All". He only managed to make it to the top 14. He was a very mediocre country singer at best. He still manages to make music so he must have some kind of fans out there. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Dillon James

Vote for Dillon James ('American Idol') after 'Our Town' performance -  GoldDerby

Nothing major against him beyond me remembering who he is and he was part of the COVID season and I didn't like him much. His Change the World song was supposed to be a moment but I hate that song and hated his arrangement even more. His Hang On song was actually not terrible but it was a lot of style over substance. If we're being honest then most of the people from this cursed season should be cut immediately just because the show was missing some magic due to the circumstances. But yeah this guy checks off pretty much zero boxes for contestants that would appeal to me, so he's on the chopping block. I don't remember any other performances of his so I assume they were not great. 

Save Grace K

Aw, I really liked Dillon. Firstly, he's hot. Secondly, he had a soothing country voice that I liked. His covers of "The Times The Are A-Changin" and "Hang On, Hang On" were my faves of his.

7 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

DMGriffith.webp.21d783805724eab04cdaa5a9ec7c0627.webp

DAN MARSHALL

Dan's whole storyline was he was a football player who sang country while looking handsome. Some songs he sang were "The Dance" "Hard Workin' Man" "What Are You Listening To" "Heaven" "Friends in Low Places" "Stuck on You" and "She's Got It All". He only managed to make it to the top 14. He was a very mediocre country singer at best. He still manages to make music so he must have some kind of fans out there. 

We’ve met Dan a few times at CMA Fest and he’s always been nice to us so I don’t mind him. I did expect him to make it further but glad Noah was the one that did.

1 hour ago, sublymonal said:

We’ve met Dan a few times at CMA Fest and he’s always been nice to us so I don’t mind him. I did expect him to make it further but glad Noah was the one that did.

He seems nice but I definitely preferred Noah over him

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, sublymonal said:

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 2: Hollywood Week - Solo Round

Group 8

american_idol_-_22hollywood_week22_-_publicity_-_h_2019.jpg?w=1296

Remember, you are advancing 1 to Round 4 and cutting 1. Anyone who isn't advanced or cut will compete in Round 3.

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

@QueenKalie @thevoiceisthetop @totes4totes @FrogLenzen

Here is your final group of contestants:

1. Alejandro Aranda CUT
  2. Amber Holcomb
  3. Cade Foehner CUT
  4. Candice Glover
  5. Chayce Beckham SAVE
  6. Chikezie
  7. Christian Guardino
  8. Christina Christian
  9. Dan Marshall CUT
  10. Daniel Seavey
  11. Danny Gokey CUT
  12. Dennis Lorenzo
  13. Devin Velez
  14. Dillon James CUT
  15. Gianna Isabella
  16. Grace Kinstler SAVE
  17. Jack Blocker
  18. Jasmine Murray
  19. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon SAVE
  20. Jeremy Rosado
  21. Jessica Sanchez SAVE
  22. Just Sam SAVE
  23. Justin Guarini
  24. Kris Allen
  25. Louis Knight
  26. Mandisa
  27. Mike Parker
  28. Roman Collins
  29. Tristen Gressett
  30. Willie Spence

Just waiting on @Alex95 and @jarmon and @Elliott to do his Danny Gokey write up

Edited by sublymonal

Louis Knight

TBDOONP45VHBPNCUPJJUUBXZIU.jpg

Sometimes things happen that are out of your control, such as a worldwide pandemic. To Idol's credit, I think they did the best they could considering the circumstances, but truthfully the season should have just ended early and they try again the next year. The kids never really got a real opportunity. It was tough to really connect to anyone without giving them the full stage to perform and show what they're capable of. The season was also extra short, understandably. Anyways, the entire S18 cast could be cut and I would barely blink. Maybe let Just Sam get her win again idk. Louis was an Ed Sheeran wannabe. He had potential, but I can't say I was a fan. He does that whiny voice thing a lot that I really hate. I kinda liked "If the World Was Ending", but not that much. He was also in the running for that dumb comeback twist that also never should have happened. He didn't come back and nothing was lost.

Save Candice Glover

• Sad 4

I think they should've just not bothered with the fodder in S19/only advanced the people that were good (Chayce, Willie, Grace, etc.) and let the S18 bringbacks make up the second half of the top 24/20/whatever it was that year. Maybe in that world, someone like Francisco might've thought it be worth it to come back, and Louis could've had a bit of a growth arc while Makayla would still be rejected for a third time lolz.

4 hours ago, sublymonal said:

I've never met him but he does a lot of stuff with Kaylin Roberson who is one of my favorites so while I didn't care for his performances on the show I left him alone for that reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I think they should've just not bothered with the fodder in S19/only advanced the people that were good (Chayce, Willie, Grace, etc.) and let the S18 bringbacks make up the second half of the top 24/20/whatever it was that year. Maybe in that world, someone like Francisco might've thought it be worth it to come back, and Louis could've had a bit of a growth arc while Makayla would still be rejected for a third time lolz.

I would have preferred they bring back the Season 18 contestants during Hollywood Week and just have them compete with the rest and the best of the best make the Top 24. Season 18 is already one of the better ones of the new era, but if we could have traded fodder for viable contestants we could have had a stacked cast.

1 hour ago, sublymonal said:

I would have preferred they bring back the Season 18 contestants during Hollywood Week and just have them compete with the rest and the best of the best make the Top 24. Season 18 is already one of the better ones of the new era, but if we could have traded fodder for viable contestants we could have had a stacked cast.

I'm assuming you meant to say season 19 here lol. Considering that season resulted in me not watching Idol for three years, I'm not sure if I agree. :haha: The top 3 were all incredibly talented, but the only other contestants I remember are the girl who sang Black Hole Sun (whom I thought was overrated) and the KKK dispsh*t they rightfully disqualified. Definitely not as good as this most recent season, where even my least favorite contestant (Kaibrienne) gave a performance that ranks among my all-time favorites.

But I digress! I'm not sure if making the comeback kids go through the stresses of Hollywood week again-while the pandemic was still going on, mind you-would make the comback enticing enough for most of them. Maybe if they gave them all a bye to the final round or something, like the platinum ticket holders get these days.

I think they should’ve done at the comeback at the beginning of the semi-finals. Let the two highest vote getters join the cast and it becomes a Top 26.

They get to skip Hollywood week (which is fair, imo), but would still be competing in all of the voting rounds.

CHRISTIAN GUARDINO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6fNdKOTTKJYzKgFkMObv

Christian Guardino competed on Season 20 of American Idol. He was a rather boring and generic singer to me. There was like nothing exciting about him to me. I would just skip his performances because I had no investment in him at all. Sounds harsh but it's true. I was so annoyed that he made it all the way to the Top 7 until he was eliminated. He overstayed his welcome. During his time on the show he sang "Sex on Fire", "Leave the Door Open", "Imagine", "Creep", "Take Me to Church", "I'm Not the Only One", "Circle of Life", "Lonely" and "Dear God". 

Save: Jack Blocker

• Thanks 1

DANNY GOKEY

Season 8 - 3rd Place

DAnny-Gokey-Passion-Life.jpg

Favourite Performance: What Hurts the Most

lol I just realized I never got around to posting this, and now I'm tired after spending hours in the sun meeting some of the Bengals, so this won't be a proper dragging. Danny Gokey was a contestant from the eighth season of American Idol who made it all the way to the third place. People joke nowadays about X or Y being the most pimped contestant, but I can only assume they never actually saw season eight. Danny Gokey is without doubt the single most over-pimped, over-hyped and overrated (by production) contestant American Idol has ever, and will ever, have.

Danny Gokey's pimping in S8 makes Lauren Alaina's S10 backing look like Hollie Cavanagh's. Danny Gokey's pimping in S8 makes Alejandro Aranda's look like Kris Allen's. Danny Gokey's pimping in S8 makes... well, you get the point. Danny Gokey's pimping in S8 made Adam Lambert's look tame. At least Adam could actually live up to said hype!

It'd be one thing if Danny Gokey had been capable of turning in any good performances in season eight. He wasn't. It'd be one thing if Danny Gokey had been at all likeable in season eight. He wasn't. Instead, Danny Gokey turned in mediocre performance after mediocre performance, and was being treated like the second coming of David Cook. Make it make sense... make it make sense!

When you had contestants like Allison Iraheta delivering FLAWLESS vocals being told she wasn't good enough, followed by Danny Gokey turning in one of the worst Idol performances ever to Dream On and being given an A++ for effort, you know the show was going to stop at nothing to get the finale they wanted. Thankfully production was stupid and didn't forsee that Allison being screwed over was gonna lead to Kris Allen dominating the final two rounds of voting. Danny Gokey was eliminated much too late in the season at third place, and we got to finally see something good happen that year. Season 8 sucks, and Danny Gokey's continued presence is a big reason why.

SAVE: Chayce Beckham