American Idol Rankdown 3.0 (Rebooted)

sublymonal

Posted (edited)

KRISTEN O'CONNOR

Season 13 - 13th Place

kristen_oconnor_top13_p.jpg
Favourite Performance: Unconditionally

Kristen O'Connor was a contestant from the 13th season of American Idol. She’s one of the contestants whose placement matches their season, which is cool. That’s about as interesting as it gets for Kristen, though. She was clearly put through as that season’s token “wildcard who goes home in the first vote,” which was pretty much expected. If I remember correctly, one of her friends was a user here during her season but he no longer posts.

SAVE: David Cook

Edited by Elliott

Warren Peay

warren-peay.jpg

Warren Peay was on American Idol season 21 and he made it to the the top 8. I feel like he was the less successful and less talented Will Mosely which admittedly is kinda hard to do that but he managed to at least! I never really cared for any of his performances and I don't think anyone on IDF ever really did either so I figured it would be a pretty inoffensive cut to make here. I feel like we have almost eliminated all of the weak talent that was in season 21 and 22 so I might have to start picking on some other seasons soon. :dead:   Here is him singing Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band

Kevin Covais

Kevin Covais on getting the boot

Skinny awkward white boy with glasses and a polo shirt in 2006 makes Top 11 in American Idol. Representation matters. Did he give me hope or did he fill me with envious rage? Yes. I feel like I cut him in a rankdown already lol because I know I've already looked at his Filmography and been shocked that he's been in 7 movies between 2008 and 2014. Nothing that I have ever or would ever watch, but wow I can't hate on a cute little entertainment career like that. He also did some TV work. On the show I was never particularly rooting for him since he was up against Lisa and Mandisa (who I thought would be my faves) and Kat and Chris (who ended up being my faves) and Elliott and Paris (who I disliked at the time but in hindsight are phenomenal). But if Taylor can win a season anything is possible. 

Save Fantasia

40 minutes ago, Elliott said:

KRISTEN O'CONNOR

Season 13 - 13th Place

If I remember correctly, one of her friends was a user here during her season but he no longer posts.

Some of us kind of ran him off for speaking the truth about Kristen, unfortunately. He was a good guy. But yeah, it amazes me that despite how inoffensive Kristen was on paper, she still managed to be the worst finalist on one of the "dark age" seasons.

It also kind of irks me that she's ranked higher than Caleb here, but I assume that Andrew made these groups at random and in practice, everyone eliminated here is ranked roughly the same.

5 minutes ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

Some of us kind of ran him off for speaking the truth about Kristen, unfortunately. He was a good guy. But yeah, it amazes me that despite how inoffensive Kristen was on paper, she still managed to be the worst finalist on one of the "dark age" seasons.

It also kind of irks me that she's ranked higher than Caleb here, but I assume that Andrew made these groups at random and in practice, everyone eliminated here is ranked roughly the same.

Yes all the groups were made by random.org. I definitely would not have chosen some of these groups :haha:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I'm going to regret not being more aggressive in these early rounds... but also we need to clear out a lot of this fodder...

Maybe I should have been meaner too but oh well. 

11460b59e85aeeb037ef02c958ba7cd8.jpg

Alexis Grace

Thanks American Idol Wiki for this picture! I still don't know who she is. But Alexis Grace is a contestant who was on Season 8 of American Idol who made it to Top 11. She was safe after her Top 13 performance of "Dirty Diana" but cut after her performance of "Jolene." She was 20 in 2009 but the cool thing about then is fashion made you look like a 45 year old today.

I was actually thinking "this isn't that bad" and then she went in to her runs and yah, she deserved to be eliminated.

That's her Jolene performance. Let's see what she looks like today. Maybe like this?

image-171-20190709_195702.jpg?x90364

Anyway, here's some fun things from her agency website:

"Singer, songwriter, actress, model, "American Idol" alumna, Alexis Grace is a petite powerhouse."

"Singer. Songwriter. DJ. Model. Actress. Mom. Is there anything Alexis Grace can't do?"

"Her live performances showcase her versatility: At her shows, you can hear anything from a jazz version of "Toxic" to "Let it Go" from Frozen."

"A gifted entertainer and a delightful person, Alexis Grace is a true star."

SOME REVIEWS AS WELL

"Alexis Grace's songs fill the room with tales of love and relationships"

Choose901.com

"Alexis Grace provided wonderful entertainment."

Mike Mastropaolo, E&I Cooperative

Delightful. Seems if you are in the mid-South area, you may want to book Alexis Grace as musical entertainment for your next private event!

Saving: Catie Turner

11 hours ago, sublymonal said:

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 2: Hollywood Week - Solo Round

Group 4

american_idol_-_22hollywood_week22_-_publicity_-_h_2019.jpg?w=1296

Remember, you are advancing 1 to Round 4 and cutting 1. Anyone who isn't advanced or cut will compete in Round 3.

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

@QueenKalie @thevoiceisthetop @totes4totes @FrogLenzen

Here is your fourth group of contestants:

1. Ada Vox
  2. Adanna Duru
  3. Alex Preston
  4. Alexis Grace CUT
  5. Andrew Garcia
  6. Catie Turner SAVE
  7. Chris Richardson
  8. Chris Sligh
  9. CJ Harris
  10. David Cook SAVE
  11. Dimitrius Graham
  12. Elliott Yamin
  13. Fantasia Barrino SAVE
  14. Haley Scarnato
  15. Hunter Metts
  16. James Durbin
  17. Jayna Elise
  18. Kevin Covais CUT
  19. Kristen O’Connor CUT
  20. Lauren Alaina SAVE
  21. Lucy Love
  22. Melissa McGhee
  23. Michael Johns
  24. Nadia Turner
  25. Taylor Hicks
  26. Tyanna Jones
  27. Vanessa Olivarez
  28. Vonzell Solomon
  29. Warren Peay CUT
  30. Zachariah Smith

Waiting on @Alex95 @jarmon @thevoiceisthetop

Andrew Garcia

MV5BNzQwMDkwOTg4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY1ODIzMw@@._V1_.jpg

I love when a producer fave completely flops. This guy was the chosen one. He was getting pushed hard in every single promo. He had a sob story about trying to provide for his family. He had a SECOND sob story about how his parents were in a gang and how growing up was difficult for him. He was on S9, one of the least talented seasons of competition television I have ever seen. He pretty much entered the top 24 as a lock for top five, and a high chance at winning. Pimp spot for the first live show, you know it's serious when they whip that out for you. So how did this guy get eliminated unceremoniously in a double elimination with Katie Stevens? Well, he only has himself to blame.

Andrew has a single shtick. Which is taking a popular song and slowing it down in some acoustic rearrangement. He did it with "Straight Up". It was pretty cool. He let that hype carry him for the rest of the competition because he didn't have a single good performance after that point. I absolutely loathe what he did to "Sugar We're Goin' Down". "Genie in a Bottle" made me physically uncomfortable. But then he did "Gimme Shelter" and I realized why he didn't put that acoustic guitar down because he was godawful without it. "Forever" wasn't terrible, I'll give him that. I mean I wouldn't consider it good, but it's S9 we're talking about, the standards are low. Luckily after he bombed "Hound Dog" we were all put out of our misery and he was eliminated. But we still had six more weeks of S9 to sit through so were we really put out of our misery?

Save Nadia Turner

• Thanks 1

ZACHARIAH SMITH

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmHwrbauW0zf8jxFooAxy

Now, I do love me a good performer. But, Zachariah was just a bit too much on stage. Like, I got tired of him after a while like it was just the same thing over and over again. I didn't really enjoy most of his performances, I think my fave of his is "Lucille" lol. He sang some nice songs with "I Want to Know What Love Is", "Ironic" and "I Just Can't Wait to Be King". But, yeah he just wasn't my cup of tea so it made this cut for me a lot easier. I'm sorry to any Zachariah fans but he just is not for me. Also him being married to an older woman who has like 3 kids was it? I just found the whole story line a lot to take in and a little weird to me because isn't he like 20??!!

Save: Hunter Metts

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, sublymonal said:

Group 4

Remember, you are advancing 1 to Round 4 and cutting 1. Anyone who isn't advanced or cut will compete in Round 3.

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

Here is your fourth group of contestants:

1. Ada Vox
  2. Adanna Duru
  3. Alex Preston
  4. Alexis Grace CUT
  5. Andrew Garcia CUT
  6. Catie Turner SAVE
  7. Chris Richardson
  8. Chris Sligh
  9. CJ Harris
  10. David Cook SAVE
  11. Dimitrius Graham
  12. Elliott Yamin
  13. Fantasia Barrino SAVE
  14. Haley Scarnato
  15. Hunter Metts SAVE
  16. James Durbin
  17. Jayna Elise
  18. Kevin Covais CUT
  19. Kristen O’Connor CUT
  20. Lauren Alaina SAVE
  21. Lucy Love
  22. Melissa McGhee
  23. Michael Johns
  24. Nadia Turner SAVE
  25. Taylor Hicks
  26. Tyanna Jones
  27. Vanessa Olivarez
  28. Vonzell Solomon
  29. Warren Peay CUT
  30. Zachariah Smith CUT

Just @thevoiceisthetop left.

LLove.webp.96703b8a8a08bfbc34ba3c6ec838cf4e.webp

LUCY LOVE

Lucy was on the mediocre season of season 21. She started her journey doing I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye. Lionel thought it was a joke audition and had her sing something else so she sang A Song For You by Leon Russell. She made it to Hollywood and sang through all the rounds. Then Hawaii, she did What's Love Got to Do With It by Tina Turner which was the most mediocre performance ever. Then she sang an original song called Boulders and it was alright. Then she sang a Lionel Song for top 12 and was eliminated. She had lots of energy but her whole story was just being poor and homeless. She just felt like a joke contestant and when she went to show her true colors  by doing an original, it was just too late. I'm sure she's still doing music but good luck to her.

Moving on to Round 3 are:

1. Ada Vox
  2. Adanna Duru
  3. Alex Preston
  4. Chris Richardson
  5. Chris Sligh
  6. CJ Harris
  7. Dimitrius Graham
  8. Elliott Yamin
  9. Haley Scarnato
  10. James Durbin
  11. Melissa McGhee
  12. Michael Johns
  13. Taylor Hicks
  14. Tyanna Jones
  15. Vanessa Olivarez
  16. Vonzell Solomon

Next set of nominations at 10PM EST (approx. 10 mins) - @Alex95 @Elliott @totes4totes @FrogLenzen @thevoiceisthetop @jarmon @QueenKalie

Posted (edited)

Group 5

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

Here is your fifth group of contestants:

1. Anoop Desai SAVE
  2. Anwar Robinson
  3. Bo Bice SAVE
  4. Burnell Taylor
  5. Dalton Rapattoni CUT
  6. Dexter Roberts CUT
  7. Diana DeGarmo
  8. Emily Piriz
  9. George Huff