American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

On 10/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, RTV said:

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2023-judges-party-at-new-orleans-auditions.htm

from the article:

"Blake Busch has been digging into the details, and can report that Aaliyah Rose who went as far as The Voice season 12 Playoffs and Dylan Zangwill from America’s Got Talent season 16 have auditioned."

"Also, we’re working on a spoiler that could possibly involve the child of a former fan-favorite contestant. If it turns out that this person did indeed sing in front of the judges, it would easily be one of American Idol’s most FULL CIRCLE moments involving a former contestant, EVER."

contestants from The Voice rumored to have auditioned in Las Vegas last month: Josie Beth Jones from season 17, Presley Tennant from season 16, and Malik Heard from season 10

There's rumors that the former fan-favorite contestant whose child is auditioning is Phil Stacey. MJ's has an article about it.

12 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

There's rumors that the former fan-favorite contestant whose child is auditioning is Phil Stacey. MJ's has an article about it.

I just read about it. Thanks. I also just found out there will be 60 people performing on Dec 11.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2023-showcase-round-top-60-will-film-12-11.htm 

Edited by jazzontherocks

Jayla, Aerianna Hubbard, Aalyah Rose, Jen Mana and Kya Monee, Alison Ogden are posting stories in hotel recently - ALL IN until now.

Not so much content about The Voice Contestants Rebecca Brunner, Malik, We, Janora, Megan Danielle, Presley Tennant,only We posts when got on the plane and when arrive at hotel.

Jayla and Aalyah, are the ones who have the most interactions with other contestants, and pimped until now. 

5 hours ago, olaui.hoho said:

Presley Tennant, Megan Danielle, Aalyah Rose, Josie Jones, Marybeth Byrd, Malik, Rebecca Brunner, We McDonald, Janora Brown lolllllll the voice second chance 😂😂😂😂😂

I think the reason why so many The Voice/AGT alumni have tried competing on Idol after their appearances is because of how tight the ABC Idol alumni community is. If you look at some of the alumni tours throughout 2022, you have:

- Leah Marlene and Fritz Hager (S20) opened for Maddie Poppe's (S16) tour.

- Jonny West/Francisco Martin (S18) and Allegra Miles/Fritz Hager (S20) are all doing a tour together.

- Laci Kaye Booth (S17) and Grace Leer (S18) opened for HunterGirl/Noah Thompson's (S20) joint tour.

- Kenedi Anderson (S20) opened for Benson Boone's (S19) tour.

On Idol all you really have to do is to make live shows and make connections with alumni and you pretty much have access to touring the country lol. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

I think the reason why so many The Voice/AGT alumni have tried competing on Idol after their appearances is because of how tight the ABC Idol alumni community is. If you look at some of the alumni tours throughout 2022, you have:

- Jonny West/Francisco Martin (S18) and Allegra Miles/Fritz Hager (S20) are all doing a tour together.

- Laci Kaye Booth (S17) and Grace Leer (S18) opened for HunterGirl/Noah Thompson's (S20) joint tour.

On Idol all you really have to do is to make live shows and make connections with alumni and you pretty much have access to touring the country lol. 

Well that and they cant go back on The Voice so mine as well go on Idol.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:45 PM, m1key said:

It's not because of touring.  The Voice alums tour as well.  It has more to do with just going through the audition process, which is a big part of trying to get established as a new artist.  There's also Idol alums who have done better on The Voice, the latest being Jeremy Rosado.

• Like 1

The main criticism that I've seen is that Idol has become way too top heavy in Country.  In the last 5 years, there have been 3 Country winners, in addition to 2 runner ups.

Back when show was still popular, there was more diversity, better representation.   In present day Idol, I don't think even Kelly or Carrie could win.

Edited by mytake1