Worst Top 11 Elimination?

Gustavo527

Worst Top 11 Elimination  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the worst Top 11 Elimination for You?

• Evan McKeel (S9)
    • Owen Danoff (S10)
    • Darby Walker (S11)
    • Stephanie Rice (S12)
    • Janice Freeman (S13)
    • Sharane Callister (S14)
    • Lynnea Moorer (S15)
    • Myracle Holloway (S17)
    • Gymani (S21)

I personally voted Stephanie because i'm sure there was a lot of homophobia involved in that result. And her losing to Mark Isaiah was awful. That was definitely one of the worst results night for me in the history of the show. (I was not a fan of the season overall, tbh)

I still don´t get how Myracle got eliminated on T11 week, that was, in my opinion, her personal best. And while Shane delivered a good rendition of the song, I still preferred Myracle´s IS performance. But it is what it is.

Janice was definitely not deserving of B2. Her T11 was not her strongest showing but she still did very good, enough to avoid the bottom. When it came to the IS, I do think Adam C gave a better performance, so I get that result, but she shouldn´t have been there to begin with. 

Gymani wasn´t my favorite per se, but she was really good during the lives. She sadly didn´t connect with the audience and her style wasn´t for everyone. I would have definitely kept her out of the bottom the two weeks she was, and would have obviously given her the win on the 2nd IS, even thought it was her weakest showing.

Evan suffered from the same thing that Gymani did. He wasn´t able to connect with the audience. I liked him during his season, but sadly he  got a bit lost in the shuffle. Still, I would have sent home 3 or 4 people before him, personally. He deserved better in my opinion.

Stephanie was pretty solid too. I don´t think she deserved to go home. Then again, it was a pretty solid night (S12´s T11), and it´s clear that she wasn´t connecting, but Mark staying over her, I don´t get it.

Can´t really criticize the rest. Owen, Sharane, and Darby pretty much collapsed on those weeks, sadly. And Lynnea, nothing against her, but I just couldn´t root for someone who made  it to the T11 without having to turn a chair, so not mad about that one either.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I personally voted Stephanie because i'm sure there was a lot of homophobia involved in that result. And her losing to Mark Isaiah was awful. That was definitely one of the worst results night for me in the history of the show. (I was not a fan of the season overall, tbh)

My one conspiracy theory for this show is that they only eliminated Stephanie bc the following week was the mother's day episode and they didn't want to make it awkward.

Janice was one of the saddest eliminations in Voice history. Even Adam Levine couldn't hide how bad it was. This was more than just "country triumphs AA female". Her and Miley's last interaction on air was heartbreaking to watch, especially considering what Janice has been through all her life.