Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2015 winner has been revealed.

QueenKalie

5. "Somebody Like That" - Tenille Arts

139226911_10158697996475803_897532884968

QK 1

Public 3

Steven 5

Akshar 6

Victoria 8

Chris 13

Diana 15

Solaris 20 

Comments:

Chris: Tenille is one that I've known for her a while - I think this song is good but it never really WOW'ed me. I preferred her more earlier songs like "Cold Feet" and "Moments of Weakness" 

NGM: As always remarkably strong.

QK: While this might not be my all time favorite Tenille song it certainly is her most important and was an easy #1 choice for me. This song is the very first song to go #1 on country radio that was song by a woman written by all women and produced by all women. So it's a really important song and I am glad that it was able to make the top 5 of our rankings.           

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown. (2021) #5 Posted

I'm not really too familiar with Tenille Arts, though I think I heard of her on here through QK possibly? But I liked her song more than I expected to. Didn't have it quite Top 5 high but well done to her making the Top 5.

And a really good cool fun fact provided there by QK on the song too. :yes: 

9 minutes ago, NGM said:

ngl i'm a little surprised that justified made it this far, and I'm not sure how i feel about it

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I think it's the song that benefited the most from who the artist was singing it. 

I find myself agreeing with these comments. 🙈 I wasn't crazy about the Kacey song but not surprised she managed to make the Top 4 here.

3 minutes ago, NGM said:

on the other hand this year is so rough that I sorta get why tho (not just this Top 20, I just don't think this was a good year for country music as a whole)

also when you start with a list of a 100 it cuts off a lot of really good songs like the entire Carly album was amazing but we only had 1 song to choose from there. Next Girl is a really good song but I wouldn't say it's even the best song on the album.

25 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

also when you start with a list of a 100 it cuts off a lot of really good songs like the entire Carly album was amazing but we only had 1 song to choose from there. Next Girl is a really good song but I wouldn't say it's even the best song on the album.

I agree with this too.