The Voice of Holland Season 12

emcee

5 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

The show has officially been dropped by the network wow……..

Where is the exact article about that? Cause I just can't find any news other than a fact that S12 is suspended until further investigation of ITV.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jakesz said:

Where is the exact article about that? Cause I just can't find any news other than a fact that S12 is suspended until further investigation of ITV.

there is more chance that they will definitely cancel the season because if it comes back, it will be necessary to delete Ali B from the recordings, maybe even Anouk if she no longer wants to have her image on it at all then the coaches, Waylon and Glennis are waiting for the report before leaving the program so they will probably stop too

they will also cancel the voice kids because there is Ali B i think because the new season already has the auditions/battles recorded

and personally, i think it's going to be complicated for them to redo a The Voice without recalling these stories, it would take new coaches and a whole new production team, which seems complicated

33 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Omg… voice Holland just deleted all their social channels and videos they had in history. That’s a wrap everyone . Wow. I feel so bad for those who auditioned who will never be shown, all because of 3 people.

Apparently the big doc talking about everything is tonight. I assume everything's just hidden/privated so they don't get spammed with hate, etc. It'll be back up eventually. Not soon - but eventually.

I have just watched the documentary and that was just horrifying and so difficult to watch. I highly recommend watching it to you, especially the part where a founder of whole The Voice franchise, John De Mol, is answering some questions about this case.

I don't think we're gonna ever see any The Voice program in Holland anymore, its reputation is crushed, unfortunately. I wonder if this situation is gonna have an impact on other versions of the show - I hope ITV will put huge emphasis on this topic and strictly follow zero tolerance rule.

Marco Borsato's Wikipedia currently shows:

He has consistently been one of the most successful and biggest grossing pigs in the Netherlands and Belgium for the past thirty years.

Occupation(s)    Singer, actor, raper

I’m only about 30 minutes in. Damn, hearing what happened makes me sad and mad. This is clearly a systemic work problem as none of the employees at The Voice of Holland came forward. It’s sad that people don’t come forward due to fear of retaliation and being made a fool of.

• Like 1

The Voice of Holland began airing on RTL4 on 09/17/10. The show's twelfth season was scheduled to run for 15 episodes. Twelve of those have already been recorded. The last three would have been broadcast live. The season premiered on January 7, and the second episode of blind auditions aired on January 14.

Having the show suspended so suddenly over these serious allegations must be a shock for fans excited about watching the new season and for the current contestants, as well as their families and friends. It would be especially disappointing for those who advanced through all the pre-recorded rounds.

summary of the documentary:

In spring 2021, Dutch TV news program BOOS heard about sexually inappropriate behavior at The Voice of Holland and decided to investigate the claims in August. Journalist Tim Hofman asked people to contact BOOS with any information. "Numerous reactions followed from people who said they were victim or witness." BOOS sent emails on January 12 about the alleged misconduct to Dutch broadcasting company RTL, current producer ITV Studios, former producer Talpa Network, John de Mol Jr., the accused men, and a few more individuals. ITV immediately started an external investigation into the allegations, led by reputed Dutch law firm Van Doorne. RTL also requested the reported abuses be investigated by the Public Prosecutions Department.

To date, 19 young women have come forward with similar stories and accusations about Jeroen Rietbergen, pianist and band leader on The Voice of Holland. The events took place from 2010 to 2021. These women are either participants, employees, or former employees on The Voice of Holland. Rietbergen (50) issued a statement to the press on January 15 admitting he'd had relations with participants and expressing "sincerest apologies" to the women involved for his wrong behavior. He announced that he will cease to work for any The Voice show effective immediately. Rietbergen is married to the sister of John de Mol Jr., billionaire creator of The Voice concept. Linda de Mol split from her husband last weekend and is taking a break from her own television career.

John de Mol Jr. (66) spoke with Tim Hofman on January 19 after viewing the BOOS video. John claims he learned in April 2019 of inappropriate texts Rietbergen sent to one young female contestant. Because he had been working with Rietbergen for 11 years and "believes everyone deserves a second chance," John reprimanded his brother-in-law that same day and warned him to never text another female participant or colleague. John states he was only responsible for The Voice of Holland the rest of that year and did not hear of any other instances of misconduct during those months.

Fifteen women came forward independently with similar stories about the same director, whose name has not yet been revealed. This director made sexual remarks in the workplace and touched people without permission.

Dutch singer Marco Borsato (55) was a coach on The Voice of Holland from 2011 to 2015. From 2012 to 2020, he was also a coach at The Voice Kids. Borsato was linked to having affairs and touching underage girls. On December 14, a 22-year-old woman reported Borsato to police and pressed charges for obscene and inappropriate touching. She was 15 when the alleged abuse started. Borsato pressed charges on December 17, accusing the woman of fabricating the story and defamation and her mother of incitement and complicity. Two additional victims came to John van den Heuvel. Three young women also told BOOS that Borsato touched them without permission. One of them was an employee at The Voice of Holland. Three participants of The Voice Kids also came forward. Two girls (ages 13 and 14) were touched on the bottom. A third witnessed the behavior regularly on the set. Borsato denies all the accusations.

Rapper Ali B (40) became a coach in 2013, and he's been a coach at The Voice Kids since 2016. He is also co-owner of management agency SPEC and record label Trifecta. It has been said that he has shown aggressive behavior behind the scenes, has had an affair with a contestant, has regularly been unfaithful to his wife, and has assaulted two women. Two victims filed official police reports against the coach on January 11 and 18. BOOS spoke with two women who detailed their accusations of Ali Bouali in the video. The first was an 18-year-old contestant on The Voice of Holland eight years ago. She pressed charges against Ali B for raping her at his studio in Almere weeks after her elimination. Ali B allegedly visited the other woman in her home after her elimination. She asked him to leave the second time he told her he wanted to have sex, and he left without saying anything. Ali B responded to the message from BOOS by saying, "First, I am 100 percent convinced that I am innocent of any abuse of power or any sexual misconduct whatsoever. That means that I deny the anonymous, vague imputations from BOOS completely. I cannot possibly respond to the gossip and insinuations that BOOS collected. This is scandalmongering, and I am unsure what it is I should defend myself against." After saying it apparently happened "a long time ago," he adds: "I reiterate that this allegation cannot be true."

Edited by RTV
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Let's check in on how the Voice-of-Holland-image-rehab-extravaganza is going!

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/americas-got-talent-alum-glennis-grace-arrested-for-assault.htm

It looks like an investigation is still going on so who knows how guilty she is. Regardless, if the TVOH wasn’t dead enough, it’ll just be more dead now.

Edited by Anybody354

• 5 months later...
38 minutes ago, searomordep said:

I'm so sad that they deleted all the content of the show from youtube, anyone knows where we can find the old episodes somewhere on the internet?

Me too there SO MUCH AWESOME performances that I always loved to watch

22 hours ago, MateusSa said:

Me too there SO MUCH AWESOME performances that I always loved to watch

I only found season 10, but it was really hard. I actually found the third episode of this new season, which never aired, but couldn't find the old seasons lol