Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

94762.png

tumblr_my76l2BLB91tn16lvo1_500.gif

Ā 

Released in 2007, this crime thriller marked the debut of Ben Affleck as a director, and he also played a role via the screenplay which was inspired by a novel of the same name. The film stars his brother, Casey Affleck - I am sure we all know about his brother and his history, as well as Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman, Ed Harris, and Amy Ryan.Ā  The movie takes place in Boston where a couple who are also private investigators start going on a hunt for an adducted little girl after seeing the plea of her mom. Through the investigation, Casey's character discovers information about the mom and her boyfriend, notably their involvement with a drug lord & this lead them to a potential abductor where he needs to try and negotiate with him.Ā  The mission to rescue the young girl goes wrong, and then we continue to following them in other mission, and eventually finding the young girl who is alive in a major twist.Ā  Ā While the movie was tense at times, it was positively reviewed from Ben's direction, and the strong performances - the only nomination they received at the Academy Awards, despite all the praises, was a nomination for Amy Ryan in the Best Supporting Category.Ā 

Ā 

SAVING: SWEENEY TODD

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Ā 

There are far too many A Series of Unfortunate Events to choose from according to google. I had to go find the movie version because apparently their is nowĀ  TV show too on Netflix. Interesting. But we are talking about the movie which has Jim Carey, Jude Law (ew), Kara Hoffman and Emily Browning among others. It was released in 2004 and has a 72 percent on rotten tomatoes. Books rarely make for good movies to me because they never live up to the hype of the book and to me this is probably no different. Easy choice here as it was against a movie I have seen many times.

Ā 

Saving Catch Me If You Can.

• Confused 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Tom's Noms Next)
On 2/3/2023 at 6:01 PM, aliasocfan said:

They really need to let Rob Zombie direct Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That is the franchise for him.Ā 

And heā€™ll call it Leatherface to really help with that franchiseā€™s confusing movie names. šŸ’€