Rei and SYTYCD (Currently on CA2)

.Rei

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

Nothing. Just how the show feels like calling it.

remember when Wade Robson accidentally invented it with his African Pop in US2

jk of course he didn't invent it, but I remember Mia had a weird reaction to the piece as if it was so ****off-the-wall**** to have a dance that mixed african techniques as if it wasn't the base for pretty much all jazz lol. Then Tyce had his weird S4 african jazz with Comfort, but they still waited until S6 with Russell and Noelle to officially debut "African Jazz" as its own genre

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

remember when Wade Robson accidentally invented it with his African Pop in US2

jk of course he didn't invent it, but I remember Mia had a weird reaction to the piece as if it was so ****off-the-wall**** to have a dance that mixed african techniques as if it wasn't the base for pretty much all jazz lol. Then Tyce had his weird S4 african jazz with Comfort, but they still waited until S6 with Russell and Noelle to officially debut "African Jazz" as its own genre

LOL the issues the show has with African inspired dances. Like you are right jazz and also hip-hop.

CA Season 2

image.

Week 1 - Top 18 Routines

Melanie & Cody - Krump - Buck n' Roll - Lil' C

Krump is probably one of the hardest genres to pull of on the show. Nearly all the krump routines have been terrible but this was actually good. I mean, no perfect but it was a passable job. I think Melanie just had one of the best krump showing from any series and Cody was good enough. I enjoyed it. Judges liked it as well and agree Melanie was the strongest one. 

Tara-Jean & Everett  - Salsa - Aña pa mi tambor - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

This was pretty great to be honest. I don't remember this being this good. Tara Jean was great with all the shaking but it was Everett the one that actually surprised me the most, the latin feeling and quality I actually got it more from Everett than TJ which I wasn't expecting. Overall a great attempt at the salsa and a much better routine than their previous one. Judges loved it.

Kim & Emanuel - Broadway - Maybe this time - Sean Cheesman

Lol I never realized that Sean based Janaya and Brandon's routine on this one. King of recycling all his routines  This was entertaining but nothing too special imo. Emanuel was technically perfect and Kim brought the drama. They did a fine job but is not going to be an standout of the night. 

Amy & Vincent - Contemporary - When you say my name - Blake McGrath

I absolutely hated the way they dressed them. I think there were some brilliant moments in the choreography and both dancers did great, especially Amy. I wish the customes were much better cause it actually distracted a bit. But all in all, one of the best of the night. Judges loved it. Jean-Marc Cry Count: 1

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Dancehall - So Fine - Jae Blaze

Best Dancehall Ever! Hottest routine ever! one of my favorite dances ever! I still to this day can't believe how hot this routine was and how amazing it was danced. These two were just in a different league than any other couple from that season. FLAWLESS!!! 

Corynne & Anthony - Paso Doble - Fuego - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

Well the slip was unfortunate as they were never able really to recover. I think Corynne was way stronger than last week and Anthony was good before the whole slip. But to be honest I was thinking the whole time how this routine would be more amazing with different dancers. I still prefer this than the whole messy Viennese Waltz from last week.

Jenna-Lynn & Nicolas - Hip Hop - Blast off - Sho-Tyme

I was underwhelmed the whole time to be honest. I guess the choreography was there and they tried their best but I was bored the whole time. Nicolas was much better than Jenna-Lynn. But again this was way better than their previous routine. 

Natalie & Danny - Jazz - Please don't leave me - Melissa Williams

ok this was rough but I blame in the choreographer. Wardrobe was terrible for Natalie. I disliked this very much. My favorite moment was when Natalie started to run towards the stairs to escape this routine but then remembered that she needed to finish in order to get the votes. This is one of the few couples that did worse than the previous week.

Melanie & Austin - Nights in white satin (Notte di Luce) - Smooth Waltz - Danny Quilliam

This tickling thing is a bit cringy tbh. The choreography was outstanding but the dancing was not very strong. Austin was actually the strongest one in the routine. Melanie was disappointing as usual and for someone who is both contemporary and ballroom you would think Viennese waltz would be the perfect way to showcase her talents but it just wasn't. You know that when Jean Marc gives actual critiques it's because the dancing was bad.

Routines Ranking

1. Jayme Rae & Daniel - Dancehall - So Fine - Jae Blaze

2. Tara-Jean & Everett  - Salsa - Aña pa mi tambor - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

3. Amy & Vincent - Contemporary - When you say my name - Blake McGrath

4. Melanie & Cody - Krump - Buck n' Roll - Lil' C

5. Kim & Emanuel - Broadway - Maybe this time - Sean Cheesman

6. Corynne & Anthony - Paso Doble - Fuego - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

7. Jenna-Lynn & Nicolas - Hip Hop - Blast off - Sho-Tyme

8. Melanie & Austin - Nights in white satin (Notte di Luce) - Smooth Waltz - Danny Quilliam

9. Natalie & Danny - Jazz - Please don't leave me - Melissa Williams

Edited by .Rei

CA Season 2

image.

Week 1 - Top 18 Eliminations

Top 20 Group Routine - Bollywood - JBJ - Longinus Fernandes

It was just okay to be honest. Nothing really outstanding imo. 

Bottom 3 Couples

Anthony & Corynne - would have here Natalie & Danny instead but this is also understandable

Nicolas & Jenna-Lynn - deserving

Melanie & Austin - deserving

Bottom 6 Solos

Anthony - Samba - King of the dancehall

I kind of liked it. It's always hard for ballroom male to amaze with their solos but It was good enough.

Nicolas - Bboying - Superbad

He's obviously skilled but it just looked like just a bunch of steps thrown together.

Austin - Contemporary - Overkill

The same as Nicolas, it was just all jumps.

Corynne - Contemporary - The moment I said

Very underwhelmed. This is such a great song to solo and this wasn't really that memorable.

Jenna-Lynn - Jazz - No man

Jazz 101 but it was still more entertaining than most of the solos tonight.

Melanie - Flamenco - Desert Chase

Probably her best dancing in the whole competition

Eliminations

Melanie - It was clearly her time to go. Somebody is using Delussion by Jinkx lol.

Anthony - I would have kept him over the other two guys tbh. 

Solos Rankings

1. Anthony - Samba - King of the dancehall

2. Melanie - Flamenco - Desert Chase

3. Jenna-Lynn - Jazz - No man

4. Corynne - Contemporary - The moment I said

5. Austin - Contemporary - Overkill

6. Nicolas - Bboying - Superbad

CA Season 2

image.

Week 1 - Top 16 Routines

Kim & Emanuel - Jazz-Pop - Love Sex Magic - Blake McGrath

Kim dear you slayed this so hard :wub: I wish the US routines could have been as hot as the Canadian ones. I think both dancers did great but Kim was a different level. This is by far their best routine in the competition. Judges gave it a standing O.

Amy & Vincent - Hip Hop - Boom boom pow - Flii Stylz

This was pretty enjoyable. I think both dancers did a decent job. Sure, this is not one of the best hip hop from non-hip hop dancers but I think they did well. I do think that this routine with other dancers would have been amazing cause the choreography was pretty good.

Corynne & Austin - Contemporary - Never say never - Stacey Tookie

By far their best routine in the competition. They were actually pretty good and were able to show their strenghts as dancers. I also love Canadian Stacey so I was bound to enjoy this. I think this was probably their best moment in the season.

Melanie & Cody - Mambo - Suena ahora - Gustavo Vargas

I guess this was their first mistep of the competition. I don't think this was terrible but it wasn't also good. I think it was very very messy and a lot of noticeable mistakes now and then. Neither was better than the other. 

Tara-Jean & Everett  - Quickstep - Chicago Overture - Pierre Allaire

It was a cute routine but nothing outstanding. i didn't enjoy the choreography that much but i guess that's not their fault. Something I've noticed is that i think Everett has been better than TJ for the last three weeks. I think they survived the week but it just wasn't very memorable.

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Hip Hop - Pucker up - Luther Brown

Holy f*ck. Absolutely flawless!!!! Smoking hot!!! They have demolished the first three weeks of the competition and is not even close. There were so many iconic moments in the routine. Another high point from the season. Judges absolutely loved it and so did I.

Jenna-Lynn & Nicolas - Hustle - Canned heat - Benji Schwimmer

Benji :wub: I actually really enjoyed this. It was high energy and I think they sold it quite well. Sure, it wasn't perfect but it was the first time that I've connected with both of them and they looked like they were having a blast. Their best routine so far.  Melissa talking about Husltle, oh lord she's going to choreograph a Hustle now, is she?? 

Natalie & Danny - Rumba - Historia de un amor - Gustavo Vargas

Oh dear, this was a hot mess!!! They were terrible, especially Natalie. It was also a weird rumba with some bits of Mambo and Cha Cha. But whatever it was, it was danced terrible. Worst of the night. Judges were way too nice with them.

Routines Ranking

1. Jayme Rae & Daniel - Hip Hop - Pucker up - Luther Brown

2. Kim & Emanuel - Jazz-Pop - Love Sex Magic - Blake McGrath

3. Corynne & Austin - Contemporary - Never say never - Stacey Tookie

4. Amy & Vincent - Hip Hop - Boom boom pow - Flii Stylz

5. Jenna-Lynn & Nicolas - Hustle - Canned heat - Benji Schwimmer

6. Tara-Jean & Everett  - Quickstep - Chicago Overture - Pierre Allaire

7. Melanie & Cody - Mambo - Suena ahora - Gustavo Vargas

8. Natalie & Danny - Rumba - Historia de un amor - Gustavo Vargas

CA Season 2

image.

Week 1 - Top 16 Eliminations

Top 16 Group Routine - African/Brazilian - Malagenha - Jean-Marc & Frances Genereux

Fun group routine

Bottom 3 Couples

Nicolas & Jenna-Lynn - not deserving

Amy & Vincent - not deserving (Natalie & Danny deserved)

Melanie & Cody - deserving (TJ & Everett deserved)

Bottom 6 Solos

Jenna-Lynn - Jazz - I gotta feeling

not great to be honest

Amy - Jazz - Yummy

it was okay, I prefer her first one

Melanie - Contemporary - A little more of you

pretty

Nicolas - Bboying - Pavlo Style

great song choice. I liked this one a lot

Vincent - Jive - Reet Petite

where are his shoes? he looks hot

Cody - Hip Hop - Love Struck

just okay

Eliminations

Jenna-Lynn - This was a no brainer as both Melanie & Amy had been stronger. It sucks that she left in what I felt was her best routine but tbh only Natalie deserved to go before her.

Nicolas - and just like with the girls, Vincent and Cody had been stronger than Nicolas, so it was the right choice. At least he gave the best solo of the night.

Solos Rankings

1. Nicolas - Bboying - Pavlo Style

2. Vincent - Jive - Reet Petite

3. Melanie - Contemporary - A little more of you

4. Cody - Hip Hop - Love Struck

5. Amy - Jazz - Yummy

6. Jenna-Lynn - Jazz - I gotta feeling

CA Season 2

image.

Week 1 - Top 14 Routines

Melanie & Cody - Hip Hop - Turnin' me on - Luther Brown

One of my favorite hip hop ever and one of Canada best routines across all seasons. This was just extraordinary. Both dancers nailed this danced, Cody showed he was a great hip hop dancers and Melanie just was madly versatile and demolished this. Flawless!

Amy & Vincent - Cha Cha - Rie y llora - Gustavo Vargas

Leah explaining the dance 🙂 I could have used more cha cha content on this but I really enjoyed this one. They danced well what they were given and made it really memorable. I'm liking Amy way more than I did in this rewatch. Great job from them. 

Tara-Jean & Everett  - House - When love takes over - Sho-Tyme

Fun routine but nothing really special imo. I think at some point it looked like they were dancing the routine with different styles. Everett looked almost ass he was trying to tap a bit. It was just a good attempt from them.

Kim & Emanuel - Contemporary - To build a home - Stacey Tookie

And just like Turnin' me on this is one of my favorite contemporary ever and one of Canada best routines across all seasons. This was just magical and tender. Choreography was brilliant! The whole floor sequence with them going under each other is one of the best pieces of choreography I've seen. I think this is Stacey's best piece ever. I just love this. Jean Marc Cry Count: 3

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Disco - Disco Inferno - Melissa Williams

Melissa stay away from JR and Daniel, tyvm. Wow Melissa didn't suck with the choreography. I liked this a lot, they are both versatile dancers that just sail through every genre with ease. I don't know what the judges were on, they were great. 

Natalie & Danny - West coast swing - Love Lockdown - Benji Schwimmer 

Benjelle :wub: I liked the choreography a lot but unfortunately the dancers weren't able to pull this off, in fact, they were pretty bad. Given other dancers, I think this could have been pretty great. 

Corynne & Austin - Jazz - Paparazzi - Johnny Byrne

Super cheesy but I liked it :haha: The most I've enjoyed them for sure. I think this is the first time that I actually liked them and see the talent the judges have been talking about. Fun routine. "And it was beautiful, like your bodies", gross Jean-Marc.

Routines Ranking

1. Kim & Emanuel - Contemporary - To build a home - Stacey Tookie

2. Melanie & Cody - Hip Hop - Turnin' me on - Luther Brown

3. Amy & Vincent - Cha Cha - Rie y llora - Gustavo Vargas

4. Corynne & Austin - Jazz - Paparazzi - Johnny Byrne

5. Jayme Rae & Daniel - Disco - Disco Inferno - Melissa Williams

6. Tara-Jean & Everett  - House - When love takes over - Sho-Tyme

7. Natalie & Danny - West coast swing - Love Lockdown - Benji Schwimmer 

Edited by .Rei

CA Season 2

image.

Week 4 - Top 14 Eliminations

Top 14 Group Routine - Jazz Funk - LoveGame - Blake McGrath

Definitely the best group routine so far.

Bottom 3 Couples

Amy & Vincent - why do they keep landing in the bottom

Jayme Ray & Daniel - booooooooooooo

Natalie & Danny - very deserving

Bottom 6 Solos

Amy - Jazz - LTPL

Her best solo. I loved this

Jayme Rae - Contemporary - Feeling good

Queen

Natalie - Krump - Boom boom clap

Good

Vincent - Jive - We're gonna win

His best solo so far

Daniel - Hip Hop - A Milli

King

Danny - Contemporary - The freshmen

Good

Probably the best group of solos so far in the competition

Eliminations

Natalie - No brainer tbh. She overcame her stay.

Danny - Again no brainer. He overcame his stay.

Solos Rankings

1. Amy - Jazz - LTPL

2. Vincent - Jive - We're gonna win

3. Daniel - Hip Hop - A Milli

4. Jayme Rae - Contemporary - Feeling good

5. Natalie - Krump - Boom boom clap

6. Danny - Contemporary - The freshmen

CA Season 2

image.

Week 5 - Top 12 Routines

Tara-Jean & Everett  - Broadway - The joint is jumpin' - Sean Cheesman

This was a really great routine from them. Choreography was on point and they performed it really well. Both dancers were pretty strong, especially Everett. One of my favorite routines from this couple. Judges loved it. 

Melanie & Cody - Jazz - Glory box - Melissa Williams

Oh Melissa again 🙂 Ok this was pretty good. I don't remember this being this great. Choreography was actually not bad, but the dancers elevated this way beyond, well Melanie did. Cody was good enough but Melanie killed it. Probably my 2nd favorite from them after their hip hop. 

Corynne & Austin - Salsa - I know you want me (Calle Ocho) - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

How the hell did Tony and Melanie choreographed this?? I mean this just was terrible choreography. And they sucked hard. No salsa feeling and super awards. Oh my god this was so bad. This has to be one of the routines ever on the show. 

Kim & Emanuel - Hip Hop - Respect my conglomerate - Luther Brown

Holy f•ck Kim. The level of slayage from Kim was just out of this world. How the hell I don't remember this?? This was incredible and Emanuel actually looked good while doing it. But Kim was just on another level, wow! I was not expecting to love this so much. 

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Contemporary - It must have been love - Blake McGrath

To be honest this is probably my least favorite routine from this couple but that is just because I'm not fan of the choreography but both dancers did what they were asked for and performed really well. Just not my fav from them. So they're asking Daniel to be more contemporary when they were praising Austin for his salsa?? make sense judges!!! Well the judges loved it and Jean Marc cried. Jean Marc Cry Count: 4

Amy & Vincent - Jive - Pony Time - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

I feel like they have only done ballroom. Ok this is just their third but still is a lot. I think Amy did better with her attempt at the samba and cha cha than in this, still not bad. Vincent killed it!! Overall it was a fine routine.

Routines Ranking

1. Kim & Emanuel - Hip Hop - Respect my conglomerate - Luther Brown

2. Tara-Jean & Everett  - Broadway - The joint is jumpin' - Sean Cheesman

3. Melanie & Cody - Jazz - Glory box - Melissa Williams

4. Jayme Rae & Daniel - Contemporary - It must have been love - Blake McGrath

5. Amy & Vincent - Jive - Pony Time - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

6. Corynne & Austin - Salsa - I know you want me (Calle Ocho) - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

CA Season 2

image.

Week 5 - Top 12 Eliminations

Top 12 Group Routine - Hip Hop - The jump off- Luther Brown

Hot!! Let Luther choreograph all the group routines, tyvm.

Bottom 3 Couples

Melanie & Cody - I would have had Amy & Vincent instead. 

Corynne & Austin - they were atrocious on that salsa so they deserved it

Jayme Rae & Daniel - boooooooooo

Bottom 6 Solos

Melanie - Contemporary - Headlock

My favorite solo so far this season

Corynne - Contemporary - Almost lover

It was good

Jayme Rae - Contemporary - Nothing

ugh this was so good

Cody - Hip Hop - Curious

it was much better than his first solo

Austin - Contemporary - Sweet Dream

it was good

Daniel - Hip Hop - It was all in your mind

not his best but enjoyable

Eliminations

Corynne - The other 5 girls have been far superior so far. The only right choice

Daniel - WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

F*ck this!!!

Over Cody?? Over AUSTIN????????????????????????????

Worst elimination ever!!!!!!!!!!

The judges suck!!!!. I bet it was Mia's fault 🙂

Solos Rankings

1. Melanie - Contemporary - Headlock

2. Jayme Rae - Contemporary - Nothing

3. Austin - Contemporary - Sweet Dream

4. Cody - Hip Hop - Curious

5. Daniel - Hip Hop - It was all in your mind

6. Corynne - Contemporary - Almost lover

Dancer Stats so far

1-2. Jayme Rae / Daniel - 10,2 / 5 Routines

3-4. Melanie / Cody - 14,2 / 5 Routines

5-6. Kim/ Emanuel - 14,4 / 5 Routines

7-8. Amy/Vincent - 16 / 5 Routines

9-10. Tara Jean / Everett - 18,2 /5 Routines

11. Corynne - 27 / 5 Routines

12. Austin - 27,2 / 5 Routines

13-14. Jenna-Lynn/Nicolas - 27,7 /3 Routines

15. Tatiana - 29 / 1 Routine

16. Anthony - 31,5 / 2 Routines

17-18. Natalie/Danny - 33,75 / 4 Routines

19. Melanie B. - 36,5 / 2 Routines

20. Taylor - 38 / 1 Routine

On 10/22/2021 at 4:10 PM, .Rei said:

Melanie & Cody - Contemporary - Taking Chances - Stacey Tookie

On 10/22/2021 at 4:10 PM, .Rei said:

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Afro-Jazz - The Path - Sean Cheesman

On 10/26/2021 at 8:34 AM, .Rei said:

Melanie & Cody - Krump - Buck n' Roll - Lil' C

On 10/26/2021 at 8:34 AM, .Rei said:

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Dancehall - So Fine - Jae Blaze

On 10/30/2021 at 2:44 AM, .Rei said:

Jayme Rae & Daniel - Hip Hop - Pucker up - Luther Brown

On 10/30/2021 at 2:44 AM, .Rei said:

Kim & Emanuel - Jazz-Pop - Love Sex Magic - Blake McGrath

On 10/31/2021 at 4:40 AM, .Rei said:

Melanie & Cody - Hip Hop - Turnin' me on - Luther Brown

On 10/31/2021 at 4:40 AM, .Rei said:

Kim & Emanuel - Contemporary - To build a home - Stacey Tookie

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

Melanie & Cody - Jazz - Glory box - Melissa Williams

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

Kim & Emanuel - Hip Hop - Respect my conglomerate - Luther Brown

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

Melanie - Contemporary - Headlock

Wow CA2 really is that b*tch

CA Season 2

image.

Week 6 - Top 10 Routines & Top 10 Solos

Melanie & Vincent - Paso Doble - Conquest - Francis Lafreniere & Natalie Reznick

I know this routine its beloved by many but tbh it's never been one of my favorites. They danced it really well but I didn't like the song choice for this and it also looked too jazz at some points. I enjoyed it but it's never gonna be one of my favorite routine from this season. Judges disagree and gave it a lovefest.

Kim - Hip hop - Kiss from a rose

How can Kim be so hot??? like seriously... It was great.

Everett - Tap - Everybody dance

I enjoyed this.

Amy & Cody - Contemporary - Come home - Stacey Tookie
I think both did a good job but it was a bit underwhelming. It felt like nothing much happen in the routine but I think they did good. It wasn’t Stacey’s best choreography. The judges and I are on the same page.

Jayme Rae - Jazz - Make me over

Slay queen!

Austin - Contemporary - Always midnight

Meh

Tara-Jean & Emanuel - Samba - Samba Vocalizado - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

Emanuel struggled a bit but Tara-Jean was good. I wish Tara-Jean could focus a little bit less on the energy and focus it on the technique, I think it would do wonders for her, as she is almost on the verge of giving an outstanding performance. I enjoyed the routine but it is definitely the weakest so far.

Amy - Contemporary - Wanted

It was nice

Cody - Hip hop - I need a girl (Part II)

I liked it

Kim & Everett - Jazz-Fusion - St. James Infimary Blues - Sean Cheesman

Such a great choreography elevated by brilliant performances from these two. This is by far Everett's best so far and another standout piece from queen Kim. When Sean gets it he really does. Brilliant!

Melanie - Jazz - The Fame

I expected way more from Melanie

Vincent - Samba - Can you feel it?

Not his best

Jayme Rae & Austin - Hip Hop - Da Rockwilder - Sho-Tyme

Jayme Rae killed it once again, she's just so good at hip hop. Austin didn't suck but nowhere near as the same level as JR. I like this routine more than I remembered. Judges liked it.

Tara-Jean - Contemporary - Relief

This is the most control she has showed in a routine and it was nice to see

Emanuel - Jazz - Bridge

This was pretty great

Routines Ranking

1. Kim & Everett - Jazz-Fusion - St. James Infimary Blues - Sean Cheesman

2. Melanie & Vincent - Paso Doble - Conquest - Francis Lafreniere & Natalie Reznick

3. Jayme Rae & Austin - Hip Hop - Da Rockwilder - Sho-Tyme

4. Amy & Cody - Contemporary - Come home - Stacey Tookie

5. Tara-Jean & Emanuel - Samba - Samba Vocalizado - Tony Meredith and Melanie LaPatin

Solos Ranking

1. Jayme Rae - Jazz - Make me over

2. Kim - Hip hop - Kiss from a rose

3. Emanuel - Jazz - Bridge

4. Everett - Tap - Everybody dance

5. Cody - Hip hop - I need a girl (Part II)

6. Amy - Contemporary - Wanted

7. Tara-Jean - Contemporary - Relief

8. Vincent - Samba - Can you feel it?

9. Melanie - Jazz - The Fame

10. Austin - Contemporary - Always midnight

On 11/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, .Rei said:

Top 12 Group Routine - Hip Hop - The jump off- Luther Brown

Hot!! Let Luther choreograph all the group routines, tyvm.

On 11/8/2021 at 5:30 AM, .Rei said:

Kim & Everett - Jazz-Fusion - St. James Infimary Blues - Sean Cheesman

Such a great choreography elevated by brilliant performances from these two. This is by far Everett's best so far and another standout piece from queen Kim. When Sean gets it he really does. Brilliant!

all-time great routines

• Like 2

CA Season 2

image.

Week 6 - Top 10 Eliminations

Top 10 Group Routine - Contemporary - Hometown glory - Stacey Tookie

It was pretty

Bottom 4

Melanie 

Amy

Cody

Austin

I would have had TJ and Emanuel, instead of Melanie and Cody

Bottom 4 Solos

Amy - Contemporary - Belief

My favorite solo from her. Really pretty.

Melanie - Contemporary - 18th Floor Balcony

Ugh I loved this.

Cody - Hip Hop - Butterfly

It was just okay

Austin - Popping - Genesis

Not sure what this was. Didn't enjoy it

Eliminations

Amy - The only person that I would have had leaving before her was TJ. I think I like her more now than I used to.

Austin - Justice for Daniel!!!!!!! He really overstayed his welcome. 

Solos Rankings

1. Melanie - Contemporary - 18th Floor Balcony

2. Amy - Contemporary - Belief

3. Cody - Hip Hop - Butterfly

4. Austin - Popping - Genesis

CA Season 2

image.

Week 6 - Top 8 Routines & Top 8 Solos

Top 4 Guys - Musical Theatre - Beggin' - Melissa Williams

Just alright. I noticed that Emanuel was most of the time off sync, which is surprising since he's the more "trained". Everett and Vincent were the strongest.

Tara-Jean & Vincent - Rumba - Hero - Eric Caty

Yep, this is my favorite TJ and Vincent routine on the show so far. This is the most technique technique and control that TJ has shown which I really appreciate. Vincent danced it like a pro and let TJ really shine in this. Best ballroom so far on the season. Loved it.

Jayme Rae - Contemporary - Getting in the way

Loved this!

Kim & Cody - Hip Hop - Humpin' around - Luther Brown

This was pretty great imo. It is always hard to pull off a Old School choreography in this show but they did a great job. Kim slayed as always and Cody was able to keep up with her.

Everett - Tap - Stand by me

Good

Melanie & Emanuel - Contemporary - The Scientist - Sabrina Matthews

Very pretty routine. I think Emanuel did good but some moments were a bit weird. Melanie slayed that though and pretty much carried the routine on her back. Even if it wasn't perfect I really liked a lot. Judges are with me on this.

Jayme Rae & Everett - Mambo - En Barranquilla me quedo - Gustavo Vargas

Jayme Rae just delivered one of the best female ballroom performances of all-time. One of the hottest, one of the sexiest, just one of the best period. Everett was there and he did great but what Jayme Rae did here was just out of this world. Forget what I said about the rumba before this is the best ballroom of the season. Incredible.

Melanie - Contemporary - Innocence

A great solo from Melanie.

Top 4 Girls - Musical Theatre - Dr. Feelgood - Sean Cheesman

I have no recollection of this routine but it was a pleasant surprise. The women slayed.

Tara-Jean & Vincent - Krump - Chea-chea-chea - Lil' C

Yay I krump.... said no one. This was pretty bad, arguably their worst routine so far in the competition. Krump is 95% gonna be terrible in this show, and this was not the 5%. Good that they had a great rumba.

Emanuel - Contemporary - Mad world

Wow this was terrible!!!!!

Kim & Cody - Smooth waltz - What a wonderful world - Pierre Allaire

I'm sorry that this was the only ballroom routine that Kim got to do on the show. I wish she could have done a latin one instead. This was terrible and what Mia said was exactly how it felt: I'm really sorry this was so awful 🙂 It was bad. Both dancers did bad. 

Melanie & Emanuel - Disco - Hush hush - Melissa Williams

God Emanuel has been really bad this week. Melanie did okay but it was a Melissa routine so there's not much she could have done. This is definitely at the bottom of this week's ranking. 

Kim - Hip hop - Jerk it

Yasssss queen!!!!!

Cody - Hip hop - Missin' you

All of his solos are the same 

Jayme Rae & Everett - Jazz-Funk - Sexy chick - Nico Archambault & Wynn Holmes

Loved this!!! They really slayed the top 8 show. It was a great routine and both excelled. Everett is no doubt the best actor this season and this character was just on JR wheel, that there was no other outcome that she killing it. Best couple of the night.

Tara Jean - Contemporary - Farewell

I was buying it until she took the dress off 

Vincent - Cha cha - U can't touch this

Mmmmm nope

Lol they showed a bit of the rehearsals without Emanuel, and I can tell that those were already much better than the routines presented. I want to see the full packages with Nico and Gustavo Vargas 🙂

Routines Ranking

1. Jayme Rae & Everett - Mambo - En Barranquilla me quedo - Gustavo Vargas

2. Tara-Jean & Vincent - Rumba - Hero - Eric Caty

3. Jayme Rae & Everett - Jazz-Funk - Sexy chick - Nico Archambault & Wynn Holmes

4. Melanie & Emanuel - Contemporary - The Scientist - Sabrina Matthews

5. Kim & Cody - Hip Hop - Humpin' around - Luther Brown

6. Melanie & Emanuel - Disco - Hush hush - Melissa Williams

7. Tara-Jean & Vincent - Krump - Chea-chea-chea - Lil' C

8. Kim & Cody - Smooth waltz - What a wonderful world - Pierre Allaire

Solos Ranking

1. Jayme Rae - Contemporary - Getting in the way

2. Kim - Hip hop - Jerk it

3. Melanie - Contemporary - Innocence

4. Everett - Tap - Stand by me

5. Tara Jean - Contemporary - Farewell

6. Cody - Hip hop - Missin' you