AI20 male or female winner this season?

CandiceFan12

AI20 male or female winner this season?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. AI20 male or female winner this season?

• Male
    • Female

Well since the reboot began there have been two female winners count and that was a huge setup for Just Sam i think is her name who won two seasons ago during the lockdown.

Then back to a guy last season. Is there any way we could get another female winner?

Why does that even matter???

More important - can Idol have  a male winner who is Person of Color?  That hasn't happened since Ruben Studdard back in 2003.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Why does that even matter???

More important - can Idol have  a male winner who is Person of Color?  That hasn't happened since Ruben Studdard back in 2003.

^^^ THIS.

Give me a black, Hispanic, or ASIAN winner for god's sake! :closedeyes:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

^^^ THIS.

Give me a black, Hispanic, or ASIAN winner for god's sake! :closedeyes:

I believe Laine is Asian. He's got Korean ancestry on his mother's side. (I do agree with the sentiment though)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

I believe Laine is Asian. He's got Korean ancestry on his mother's side. (I do agree with the sentiment though)

Laine is a WGWG.  He doesn't identifies himself as Asian or represents the Asian commmunity - unlike Arthur Gunn. 

Edited by mytake1

Ok. Let me be blunt then... I want someone of Japanese or Chinese decent... Not a K-Pop or J-Pop star in the making but your average American (Or foreign born!) Joe to show up on Idol.

We have had very small amounts of Latinos on this show too. With the major exceptions of David Archuleta, Allison Iraheta, and Alejandro Aranda. 

Wasn't Jessica Sanchez like the last and first Asian to make the finale? THAT WAS OVER 9 YEARS AGO! 

So in other words... Give me some FLAVOR to my Idols. I want talented singers but also a variety of faces/styles/people in general? If that makes sense. lol :haha:

17 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Laine is a WGWG.  He doesn't identifies himself as Asian or represents the Asian commmunity - unlike Arthur Gunn. 

To be fair... He wore a suit to his Grand Ole Opry performance that featured a decorative Korean design...

So he's trying at least!