Canada's Drag Race Season 2

Solaris

Also just got finished watching this. What a HUGE contrast to the trash that is UK3. This might be one of the most successful runways in Drag Race history? IDK. Don't quote me on that, but I was genuinely surprised at the caliber of the looks. 

The Rusical was both amazing in parts - Pythia, Kendall, Synthia, Gia - and then the absolute worst in other parts - Eve 6000, the dancing clowns, the comedy clowns. We appreciate the range though because the episode had me both laughing and cringing. LOL. 

Eve 6000 is seriously the most annoying cast member, but I cannot stop admiring her delusion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Also just got finished watching this. What a HUGE contrast to the trash that is UK3. This might be one of the most successful runways in Drag Race history? IDK. Don't quote me on that, but I was genuinely surprised at the caliber of the looks. 

The Rusical was both amazing in parts - Pythia, Kendall, Synthia, Gia - and then the absolute worst in other parts - Eve 6000, the dancing clowns, the comedy clowns. We appreciate the range though because the episode had me both laughing and cringing. LOL. 

Eve 6000 is seriously the most annoying cast member, but I cannot stop admiring her delusion.

When we agree.... 

Miracle Snakes GIF

This episode was good.  Wasn't crazy about who left, but I can understand.  I am think I am becomign team Quebec Queens this season.

1. Adriana - This was her week.  Great role, and a much better take on marie antoinette then other's we've seen recently.  She is adorable.

2. Pythia - Love her, I thought her character stood out.  Her runway was already fun and well done.

3. Gia Metric - stood out this week for the right reasons.

4. Icesis Couture - fun performance

5. Suki Doll - more like sexy doll this week.  

6. Stephanie Prince - I would have saved her this week.

7. Kendall Gender - i still like her, but meh performance and a similar runway to Pythia and Kendalls version was way more costume-y.

8. Kimora Amour - I didn't really like her this week. 

9. Eve 6000 - still annoying, but she did a good job this week.

10. Synthia Kiss - big stand out last week, forgettable this time.  

The way Canada is showing how it's done >>> . Please do not ever let RuPaul involved with Canada's Drag Race because it's perfect that way. 

I absolutely love the new panel, and I enjoy how fast the episode goes without noticing. The challenge was great, and I enjoy that we didn't see everything from rehearsal so we were surprised when watching the end result. 

Ranking so far - I love all of them so it's so hard to rank.

1. Pythia  (=): One of my top favourite of the season - constantly nailing her runway looks. In the challenge, I did lose her a bit but she's still one of my top favourite.
  2. Icesis Couture (+1) Her performance was super fun, and one of the best queens on the runway for this runway. 
  3. Adriana  (+5) Ma reine quebecoise ❤️.  One of my favourite runway look ever, and performed well in the challenge! 
  4. Gia Metric  (+1)After a false start during Episode 1, Gia has been killing it and I am here for it. And her runway look ? It was fresh and well constructed. 
  5. Kendall Gender (-3) : Her performance this week wasn't as good as last week, I wish she would have went bigger. And unfortunately, she got "worst-dressed" on the runway because Pythia had fresher take on the theme. 
  6. Suki Doll (+4) Her performance was one of my favourite one but her runway look was not it & I feel it robbed her from a top placement. 
  7. Stephanie Prince (=) Her performance wasn't terrible but it flatlined. Her runway look was cute, and that's it - it is a lost to lose her this soon cause I really wanted to see more from her. 
  8. Kimora Amour (-2)  Enjoyed her in the challenge but I totally forgot about her runway & it's only been a day. 
  9. Synthia Kiss (-5)  Had high hopes for her after last week, but she was unable to measure up. And her runway look was unfortunately one of my least favourite :( 
  10. Eve 6000 (+1)  She surprised me, this week. But I wasn't as crazy for her look as the judges but her performance was great. Still not a fan though. 

Finished this episode and this season is FIRE. Brooke Lynn looked great but the hair was kind of boxy to me.  Was that just me?

1. Gia Metric - by far my favorite of the week.  Good runway and hilarious as Jim Carrey.  Robbed of the win this week imo.  How was she only safe?

2. Pythia - the Moira Rose runway was EVERYTHING.  Snatch game was weird, but I was into it.  I love and she is memorable every single week. 

3. Synthia Kiss - IDK who Rachel Zoe is, but she was funny and sold it to me.  Runway was good. Glad she bounced back this week

4. Icesis Couture - reading challenge winner, and her snatch game didn't make sense but I found her funny.  Loved her runway!

5. Adrianna - bad snatch game sorry girl.  I loved her Toni Topaz inspired runway.  I love her personality too.

6. Kendall Gender - meh snatch game, cute runway.

7. Kimora Amour - beautiful runway, but I didn't get Leslie Jordan.

8. Suki Doll - sad she is out.  Stephanie and then her?  Theres like 3 people I would want out over her. 

9. Eve 6000 - Can she leave please?  Was not funny, she sucks all the air out of the room.  

I didn't get to give my thoughts away, last week. So will combine with my ranking of this week!

1. Pythia : Last week, she was a star! This week, her runway left me wanting more but thought she was enjoyable in the group. 
  2. Icesis Couture  She nailed the reading challenge, did good in snatch game, and made the runway her own! This week, I enjoyed her again in the group and I liked her runway although not my favourite of hers. 
  3. Gia Metric Two great weeks for Gia - I don't think she had the win last week as Jim is not necessarily a Queer icon & I find them to not be as receptive when a queen does a male thats not a queer icon. But her runway was AMAZING, last week and this week. And she was really the leader that group needed.
  4. Synthia Last week, she was the STAR. This week, I thought she did a good job in the challenge but the runway was meh - I don't think it was worthy of being in the bottom though. 
  5. Kendall Gender I am still a fan but we kinda lost her, for two weeks in a row. 
  6. Adrianna Super likeable, and always bring it on the runway! 
  7. Kimora Amour Love her personality - not sure she should have been in the top, last week. Beautiful runway for both week.
  8. Suki Doll Surprise to see her leave, this early. Constantly brought it on the runway though. But yes, her performance was a choice.
  9. Eve 6000 There's potential but lack confidence - more confidence and less delusion.  This week, she was the weakest in the challenge but on the runway ? Her best look yet. 

Thank god Eve went home this week. Here delusions in Untucked, while entertaining, we’re starting to grate on me with better queens leaving over her.

My current ranking:

1. Icesis - Still repping for my Ottawa queen. Loved seeing her talk about Savannah and she looked great during the challenge.

2. Pythia - Still the front runner in my eyes even if her verse was probably the weakest of her group.

3. Synthia - I probably would have had Kendall in the bottom over her this week but she’s turned in two amazing lipsyncs now.

4. Kendall - I love her but I’m really going to need more from her.

5. Adriana - Her runways are always good and she was good in the challenge this week but I feel like she’s faded a bit since her win.

6. Kimora - This ranking probably doesn’t show how much I love Kimora and I’m living for her confessionals and runway looks. I’m just waiting for a standout moment from her.

7. Gia - Gia’s the only one of this cast I don’t love but I can’t deny that she’s done well since her terrible week one showing.

Alright it has been watched.

1. Pythia - Can she do any wrong?  Legit a standout every single week.  She was my second favorite fhis week but she is my #1 overall.

2. Gia Metric - deserving win finally.  Her trajectory after her first week has been great.  Glad she got a win.

3. Icesis Couture - Star.  My only issue was her runway as I would have thought it was brilliant if we didn't just see it on Down Under with Kita Mean.

4. Synthia Kiss - absolutely wrong choice for the bottom this week.  That said, the rest of her group is fodder.  She ate that lip sync, so at least we got that.

5. Adriana - weakest of her group but she was still good, and her runway was beautiful!

6. Kimora Amour - meh challenge performance, good runway.

7. Kendall Gender - How was she not in the bottom?  She got read for her big bird outfit and for her verse.  Was the single worst of the week.

8. Eve 6000 - Kendall might have been worse this week, but Eve is the literal worst to watch this season.  So glad she is finally gone! 

Caught up! Loving the judging dynamic this season. Can Brooke replace Ru plz

1. Pythia - Obsessed. Adorable. Amazing style. Give her the crown

2. Gia Metric - Also obsessed. I liked her look the week she lip synced too, not sure why she was put in the bottom the first week.

3. Icesis Couture - Kind of hot

4. Adriana - Adorable and super charismatic

5. Synthia Kiss - Kind of hot. Would have put Kendall in the bottom over her last week.

6. Kimora Amour - Super fun!

7. Kendall Gender - The only one left I'm not really a fan of, though I do love the positivity she brings to the season.

ELIMINATED QUEENS

1. Suki Doll - Robbed

2. Eve 6000 - Delusional icon, though I'm glad she's gone lol

3. Stephanie Prince - She's fun!

4. Oceane Aqua-Black - I think she would have brought a lot to the season but objectively she deserved to go her week

5. Beth

Canada is bringing it, once again. I loved at least one look from everyone, in the ball. I do think it was the right B2 - that was a LIPSYNC though. 

Gigi Gorgeous was amazing as a guest judge. And loved the discussion in the werk room. Overall, I like all of the remaining queens and they all have a perspective to bring.

1. Icesis Couture : Week after week, my Ottawa queen is making me proud & just keep slaying the runway. 
  2. Pythia : Once again, brilliant show on the runway.
  3. Gia Metric : The first look ? Overrated by the judges. Their second look ? One of my favourite. Their third look ? Impressive and improvement from the first week.  
  4. Kimora Amour The Charisma!  I really enjoyed her on runway - I knew right away that she was Tina Turner. Her second look ? A moment that none of us should forget about.  And she surprisingly turn up her last look.
  5. Adrianna First look ? Probably one of my favourite from the first round. 
  6. Kendall Gender : Still in love with her but her last few runway looks were disappointing, and tonight was no exception. But she absolutely ATE that lipsync. 
  7. Synthia What a letdown for a fashion queen. Unsure if she understood the assignments or not because it was not very on brief. Also lol @ Brooke loving her first look while she was hating on Icesis' first look.

1. Pythia - she does no wrong.  Channeling her inner Jinkx Monsoon.  She is great in literally everything.

2. Icesis Couture - Fair winner, killer final look.

3. Gia Metric - Another strong week!

4. Adrianna - did well the whole week.  Her second look cracked me up.  Felt baba yaga inspired and that was fun.

5. Kimora Amour - I hated her last look, straight up.  But first was fun, and the second look was amazing.  

6. Synthia Kiss - she has had more highs then Kendall has and thats why I am ranking her second last.  I thought she missed the mark each round of the ball and was the worst of the week.  

7. Kendall Gender - has been doing meh to poorly for the last month.  Time to step it up.  I thought she was going home until 2/3rds of the way through that lip sync when she dialed it up.  She gets a reprieve this round for the lip sync.  

1. Pythia - Obsessed.

2. Icesis Couture - Obsessed.

3. Gia Metric - Obsessed.

4. Kimora Amour - Incredible presentation in her second look, I was speechless. Did NOT enjoy her design look tbh

5. Synthia Kiss - I think the judges kind of underrated her in general, and I'm #TeamBrooke on her first look, even if it was a bit basic lol. She should not have lipsynced this week or last week either

6. Adrianna - Her last look was really bad imo, still enjoy her overall though

7. Kendall Gender - Appreciate the message she was trying to get across, but the proportions were just not right. Though I think she won the lipsync with the one t*t hanging out lol. Still kind of underwhelmed by her

I feel like the producers just gave someone a couple hundred dollars for music rights and said ‘just pick anything’. The lip-sync songs this season feel… chaotic?!

I feel like I haven’t given this season as much attention as I should have to pick out my main faves or rank anyone yet. What I do know is that I loved Synthia and was sad when she did go. :(

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I feel like the producers just gave someone a couple hundred dollars for music rights and said ‘just pick anything’. The lip-sync songs this season feel… chaotic?!

I've been living for the song choices though :ph34rwave:.

The lipsync of the week was something else though, despite loving the song. 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I've been living for the song choices though :ph34rwave:.

The lipsync of the week was something else though, despite loving the song. 

So have I! I should have said chaotic in a good way. :dead: So many great throwbacks I was not expecting to hear.

• Like 1

This week was something else. Not a season of comedy queen so this was fun to watch :haha: 

1. Icesis Couture : She turned it out on the runway and in the roast... if only she hadn't went over the time.
  2. Pythia The roast was not it but the runway ? She continues to kill it. She's my pick to win it all.
  3. Kendal Gender This was the week that she needed. Really loved her during the first few episodes but she fell in the background. Glad that she's back!
  4. Adrianna  She needed more confidence. Again, loved her runway look.
  5. Gia Metric :  Big yikes in the performance. Did turn it out in the lipsync despite everything. 
  6. Kimora Amour I love Kimora but this was not her week. Was sad to see her essentially give up. But I did love for her confessional during the lipsync :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

So have I! I should have said chaotic in a good way. :dead: So many great throwbacks I was not expecting to hear.

Thank god :haha: 

I am just mad that we missed a Shania Twain lipsync for Country Pop challenge. 

So excited for Mitsou - a french-canadian star - being the guest judge, next week. And I lowkey hope they use this song for the lipsync :

• Like 1