Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

15 minutes ago, pauwis said:

because here we are visionaries, any suggestions for the duet with John?

Something theatrical with a surprising amount of soul would work, just not sure what would fit the bill.

Also, as of the close of voting, he was fourth in terms of view/like ratio on Facebook (just slightly ahead of GNT), so hopefully that’s enough to make him safe this week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pauwis said:

because here we are visionaries, any suggestions for the duet with John?

Yes, we like this forward thinking because he SHALL make it to the finale!

Anyway, I can see them singing a Sam Smith song for sure. Or maybe they can do a vocal battle on So High.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Something theatrical with a surprising amount of soul would work, just not sure what would fit the bill.

Also, as of the close of voting, he was fourth in terms of view/like ratio on Facebook (just slightly ahead of GNT), so hopefully that’s enough to make him safe this week.

That's encouraging. I hope the metrics are accurate this time. I haven't been trusting them for a while now, FB is just too insular to capture an accurate picture of how the entire country votes.

Prayer circle for Joshua tonight....

Just now, Teraginn said:

That's encouraging. I hope the metrics are accurate this time. I haven't been trusting them for a while now, FB is just too insular to capture an accurate picture of how the entire country votes.

Fingers crossed. If he needs the save I’m ready

• Like 1

Just now, Teraginn said:

I’ll keep the prayer circle here because compared to the spoiler thread right now…yeah.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

:dead: 

Trust me, the thirst posts from old IDF were way worse. This is just funny to me, IIBH.

It’s the thirstiest I’ve seen the place in the year and a half I’ve been on here (it doesn’t feel like it’s been a year and a half though holy sh** - it has flown by but also I feel like I’ve been on here way longe than that at the same time).

Anyway, crossing my fingers that neither half of Team Legend goes home tonight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Anyway, crossing my fingers that neither half of Team Legend goes home tonight.

Same.

Does anyone feel like TPTB is pushing for John to have at least one of them in the finale? I know we keep saying Ariana is the priority this season, but the way they keep treating her team... something's up.

Just now, Teraginn said:

Same.

Does anyone feel like TPTB is pushing for John to have at least one of them in the finale? I know we keep saying Ariana is the priority this season, but the way they keep treating her team... something's up.

I think they’re just trying to get someone who isn’t Kelly or Blake in the finale and after Ari’s decision making, they’re being less picky (no shade to Ari as a human though, she seems like such a sweetheart).

Side note: can you imagine the Besties Energy Joshua and Ariana could’ve had??? I’m glad he’s with John, don’t get me wrong, but what could have been…

• Like 1

Just now, VintageVoice said:

I think they’re just trying to get someone who isn’t Kelly or Blake in the finale and after Ari’s decision making, they’re being less picky (no shade to Ari as a human though, she seems like such a sweetheart).

Side note: can you imagine the Besties Energy Joshua and Ariana could’ve had??? I’m glad he’s with John, don’t get me wrong, but what could have been…

I'm still daydreaming about it.

I do think Ariana would have pushed her in a more alienating direction than John and make him sing stuff from relatively obscure musicals or weird theatrical covers.... which I honestly wouldn't mind, it'll be fresher at least, but it's not gonna attract votes. We will never know I guess. I do recognize Ariana's appreciation for Joshua whenever Carson asks her about him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Joshua is in the semifinals as deserved!

14 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

we did it yet again next week is a hill to climb but i think his fanbase is up for the challenge

10 minutes ago, pauwis said:

SEMIFINALSS!! I'M SO HAPPY

JOSHUA WE LOVE YOU!! THE FINAL IS CLOSE AND YOU WILL BE THERE

2 minutes ago, pauwis said:

let's get started!! 🕯️

200.gif

Y'ALL I'M SO HAPPY FOR OUR MAN!!!!

AND DAMMIT JOHN JUST GIVE HIM BELIEVE NEXT WEEK ALREADY! WE NEED TO CLINCH A PV SPOT NEXT WEEK!

10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Y'ALL I'M SO HAPPY FOR OUR MAN!!!!

AND DAMMIT JOHN JUST GIVE HIM BELIEVE NEXT WEEK ALREADY! WE NEED TO CLINCH A PV SPOT NEXT WEEK!

As an Ohioan, I’m disowning John from the state if he doesn’t do this.

(let’s ignore the fact I don’t have power to do that but anyway—)

Congrats to Joshua making it through, I wonder who he’s gonna be duet buddies with next week?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

As an Ohioan, I’m disowning John from the state if he doesn’t do this.

(let’s ignore the fact I don’t have power to do that but anyway—)

Congrats to Joshua making it through, I wonder who he’s gonna be duet buddies with next week?

Jershika is the obvious choice! Gotta have the besties perform!

So ya better win that IS Jershika!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Jershika is the obvious choice! Gotta have the besties perform!

So ya better win that IS Jershika!

And now that it’s official, is it that common for teammates to also be duet buddies? I know for S17 they didn’t and S16 they did (but S16 was also like 60% Blake at that point so), so how likely is that?

Just now, VintageVoice said:

And now that it’s official, is it that common for teammates to also be duet buddies? I know for S17 they didn’t and S16 they did (but S16 was also like 60% Blake at that point so), so how likely is that?

I don't know, but as you said, it's not impossible. Honestly I just feel like Joshua will not mesh well with the other artists, and we already know there's good rapport between them onstage. Why make it complicated?