Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

OK yall.... for the livestream watchers... what's the verdict on Joshua?

Opening the second hour for the second week in a row seems very promising to me, but did he actually nail it?

He did very good. Very theatrical, which could be a bit controversial, but that´s who he is.

I enjoyed it a lot. So far my favorite of the night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

He did very good. Very theatrical, which could be a bit controversial, but that´s who he is.

I enjoyed it a lot. So far my favorite of the night.

Yeah I'm reading the spoiler thread and it's clear how polarizing his style is. But I'm glad most of them acknowledge that he's a great vocalist.

I feel like this performance will galvanize his fans even more... but not necessarily invite new fans in. I can live with that. I just hope it will be enough.

Man, the interns better hurry up on the social media posts!

Just now, Cookie73 said:

I have a feeling he’ll get in the Semifinals (but I wish he could make Finale)

Just based on his placements on the show..... I think TPTB at least acknowledges that he's one of their most reliable contestants. And it really seems that he's being positioned as John's main horse. I hope I'm reading it right.

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Joshua got some praise from Blake and they mentioned the anniversary he’s missing out on, so both of those should help a little bit at least.

I'm so glad they mentioned that! That should humanize him to the demo.

Also.... I always read comments about Joshua's outfits and when I finally see them they turn out to be completely fine to me. Fabulous, even. Can't wait to see what he's working with soon.

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

Also.... I always read comments about Joshua's outfits and when I finally see them they turn out to be completely fine to me. Fabulous, even. Can't wait to see what he's working with soon.

Think Jedi but in Valentine’s Day colors.

It’s certainly flamboyant, but if it makes him happy then I’m all for it, we don’t get that many guys who experiment with their style on the show anyway.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Think Jedi but in Valentine’s Day colors.

It’s certainly flamboyant, but if it makes him happy then I’m all for it, we don’t get that many guys who experiment with their style on the show anyway.

I'm here for self-expression and being comfortable in your skin! I really hope he's approving these outfits, coz they are certainly making an impression.

Joshua, the way that I love your studio versions and your live performances ❣

You are magical, we could feel the emotion the entire performance !!

Challenge more than overcome, super proud of you!! 👑

SEMIFINALS + CLOSER OF THE NIGHT 💫

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

This!! 

but like I said, I grew up watching Lady Gaga and now I follow Law Roach's work, so draw your own conclusions 😅

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

OK..... first off, IDK what the heck the people are going off for, Joshua literally has been wearing the same style of outfit since Top 13, just with different colors and accessories. Yall have serious hangups with pants.

Anyway, I do think the sound mixing is a little off tonight, but dammit, Joshua made it work! Vocally he's seriously the most consistent snowflake I ever had since Josh Kaufman. And I just love how unapologetically dramatic he is with his vocal choices. I applaud you Joshua, and dammit America, please vote for something different this season! Who else would deliver the drama onstage in the finale?

6 minutes ago, pauwis said:

This!! 

but like I said, I grew up watching Lady Gaga and now I follow Law Roach's work, so draw your own conclusions 😅

T.A.S.T.E.

They are obviously trying to give volume to his very lean figure with all those pants. I think he pulls it off.

Also, it's funny that the most negative thing people can say about Joshua in this singing competition is his outfits. They can't possibly ding him on anything else vocal-wise.

Edited by Teraginn

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

T.A.S.T.E.

They are obviously trying to give volume to his very lean figure with all those pants. I think he pulls it off.

Also, it's funny that the most negative thing people can say about Joshua in this singing competition is his outfits. They can't possibly ding him on anything else vocal-wise.

he's a king 

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Anyway, I do think the sound mixing is a little off tonight, but dammit, Joshua made it work! Vocally he's seriously the most consistent snowflake I ever had since Josh Kaufman. And I just love how unapologetically dramatic he is with his vocal choices. I applaud you Joshua, and dammit America, please vote for something different this season! Who else would deliver the drama onstage in the finale?

this is why I need him to snatch that 5th place in the final. I love drama and he delivers it in the best way !!

also, the beginning and the ending? CHILLS

3 minutes ago, pauwis said:

this is why I need him to snatch that 5th place in the final. I love drama and he delivers it in the best way !!

also, the beginning and the ending? CHILLS

Just give him Believe already and close the Semifinals. PLEASE. My heart can't take it!

• Like 1

Just now, pauwis said:

🕯️prayer circles🕯️

and Joshua, remember:

You Got This Go Get Em GIF by Adam Lambert

I am sure any song choice other than Believe that we might be receiving next week will pale in comparison no matter what.... but it's just too perfect.

And yes, I am manifesting Joshua's entry into the Semis. LET'S GOOOO!

• Like 1