Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Does he play piano by any chance?

Not that I know of. I always see him just standing with a mic in his performances.

Ooh... what if they make John play piano for him? That would be a nice coach-artist moment that will play well on TV.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Not that I know of. I always see him just standing with a mic in his performances.

Ooh... what if they make John play piano for him? That would be a nice coach-artist moment that will play well on TV.

it would be a dream, but I don't see that happening.

and the problem with playing the piano is that if you start at it, you must end at it. getting up in the middle of the song for some reason ruins the performance

OK, I listened to the studio of IIAGY, and I have some comments:

Joshua's main challenge with translating the song in his live performance is if he can stay in the pocket of the song while still delivering the vocals we expect of him. They clearly edited the song in such a way that Joshua can still belt out while being able to maintain the rhythm of the song. That also requires him to be on top of the band at all times, as well as taking cues from the back up singers.

They really aren't half-assing Challenge Week for Joshua. I hope he can rise to the occasion tomorrow. We believe in you!!! ❤️

• Like 1

Joshua's studio recording sounded amazing! Great song choice for him and it fits him like a glove. I'm excited for him to pull it off live tomorrow night. I wish they could have it on during the day instead of evenings. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Persy said:

Joshua's studio recording sounded amazing! Great song choice for him and it fits him like a glove. I'm excited for him to pull it off live tomorrow night. I wish they could have it on during the day instead of evenings. 

Yeah I'm very anxious to see how he does this live. 

I can also see this being an opening or a closing performance. More likely the former.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pauwis said:

Another point in favor: the studios are longer, there is more time to build the climate, and it allows to see the reactions of the coaches (something that we have not seen for Joshua because during the last performance he was de star)

Yeah, I noticed they only focus on Joshua and John's reactions during his performances. I wish they'd film the others' reactions, I feel like Ariana and Kelly respect Joshua as a vocalist and it can't hurt to cue the audience in on how amazed they can be with his performances.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

j7Lo6rH.jpg

Why is this reassuring and nerve-wracking at the same time HELP

I mean, he says he found peace with the song. I´m gonna trust him and let´s hope for the best. 

But we have to remind ourselves that he killed Queen last week. It´s way more in his lane, yes, but it was a more demanding vocal than this one. He´ll be fine.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yeah, I noticed they only focus on Joshua and John's reactions during his performances. I wish they'd film the others' reactions, I feel like Ariana and Kelly respect Joshua as a vocalist and it can't hurt to cue the audience in on how amazed they can be with his performances.

I wanted the YT video show the standing ovation and John's screaming. Joshua deserved it

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

They did show Kelly going nuts for him at the end with the standing O. And her comments of wanting to see him on Broadway too.

They got Blake saying that it was the perfect song for him, and a Blake stamp of approval never hurts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

j7Lo6rH.jpg

Why is this reassuring and nerve-wracking at the same time HELP

Reading this as Joshua being aware he’s not a clear shoo-in for the finale (technically, nobody is, but it’s hard to completely ignore the social media reactions to your competitors/friends on a show where online engagement with fans is an unspoken part of the job description), but that he’s at peace with however things are going to go for him over the next few weeks + he’ll put his best foot forward whenever he’s onstage.

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW3UcwnpOp0/?utm_medium=copy_link

There are definitely mixed feelings this week too: wedding anniversary and Thanksgiving away from home, the end of the show is near.

but he's happy and grateful and has been show us his art in a beautiful way. 

as we always say, this is just the beginning

manifesting semifinals, he deserves it!! ❣💫

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pauwis said:

There are definitely mixed feelings this week too: wedding anniversary and Thanksgiving away from home, the end of the show is near.

I’m not saying he needs to dedicate tonight’s performance to his wife since it’s their anniversary, but playing up the “married man” card wouldn’t hurt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pauwis said:

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I’m not saying he needs to dedicate tonight’s performance to his wife since it’s their anniversary, but playing up the “married man” card wouldn’t hurt.

The song choice coinciding with Joshua and Sam's wedding anniversary..... The timing is too perfect. I think they will probably feature this in his preperformance package.

If they do it.... Props to TPTB for making it not only Challenge week, but Dedication week as well for Joshua.

• Like 1

So I went for a jog this morning and relistened to Joshua's entire Voice journey thus far.... And honestly I don't know why I'm so nervous tonight. He clearly has chops and has been delivering consistently thus far. His song tonight may be a tall order, but he truly did find a way to make it fit his singing style. I can only hope that in this show that purports to reward the best voices, they would acknowledge the amazing work Joshua has done so far and push him to the Semifinals. And finale too, but one thing at a time. 

Good luck Joshua! And Happy Wedding Anniversary as well! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

The song choice coinciding with Joshua and Sam's wedding anniversary..... The timing is too perfect. I think they will probably feature this in his preperformance package.

If they do it.... Props to TPTB for making it not only Challenge week, but Dedication week as well for Joshua.

Prayer GIF