50BBCC4917C80E0022E3D50C8060C8F7C074F811

dca591be089eded8bd654b2b452abd8e9392c248

fc81db5ab8e044a0da5838e0482849e2.gif

giphy.gif

27ba4af61884d75c7b4a862a11bf0c0a.gif

93e785138a1010065f6339d039e895d163876212

D6hm.gif

UP-1dE.gif

Time for another Rankdown! Now you brave rankers will be fighting to crown the best Video Game Character of All-Time - well, at least as determined by IDF. At least until Version 2.0! Many important questions will be answered in this Rankdown. Does IDF prefer retro or modern video game characters? JRPG anime swordsmen or cartoon mascot? What video game icons will fall to the pettiness of the game? Will the usual suspects dominate the game or will an under-the-radar underdog snatch the crown! Find out in the sure-to-be epic Video Game  Character Rankdown!

INTRODUCING YOUR HOST

Dee

tenor.gif?itemid=14327922

APPLICATION

Name -
Video Game Character Representative -
Favorite Video Game Characters -
Least Favorite Video Game Characters - 
Please list as many characters that you want to see included - 

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Okay, now for all the important questions

Hogwarts Library GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What is the max number of characters per franchise?

Are we doing human only characters for Pokemon franchise?

When we were talking about me doing this in the pokemon rankdown, we settled on no pokemon unless they were big names in other games (Pikachu, Jigglypuff), since there is a pokemon rankdown.  IDK what Dee would want.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Okay, now for all the important questions

Hogwarts Library GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What is the max number of characters per franchise?

Are we doing human only characters for Pokemon franchise?

No max number of characters! If the game needs to be exhaustive, it will be. I much prefer that rather than placing limits!

Pokémon is maybe the one series that I want to be a bit particular about - I am more than happy to include Pokémon themselves, and will be doing so, but there is obviously gonna need to be a limit on that. I think it'll be best to just take a look at the final list and then cut Pokémon that are not the more prominent or favored series reps.

Just now, Solaris said:

When we were talking about me doing this in the pokemon rankdown, we settled on no pokemon unless they were big names in other games (Pikachu, Jigglypuff), since there is a pokemon rankdown.  IDK what Dee would want.

Yeah essentially this. Bigger names for the series is appropriate and luckily the Pokémon Rankdown allows us to discuss all of them, so this should be more limited to starters, big names, humans, etc.

Just now, Steven_ said:

CC31E3EB5BD4936D04C92D65B97CCB28FA218A7B

I was also going to reach out privately and ask you for help (and @~Tom~ if he is interested) in helping me compile the KH character list. I feel like I could make a list, but there are so many characters that it would be helpful if you narrow it down as much as possible to include the most important.