'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

6 minutes ago, *Diana said:

PEPPER ANN

pic TBA

This cut is so hard. I like a number of the nominations and the ones I would have cut have been cut or saved already so with what it left of these nominations I landed on Living Single to cut buy people were upset so I'll change to this. This isn't a easy cut because this is a show I have heard of and watched its entirety of the 5 seasons. Pepper Ann focuses on a young girl and her ups and downs at Hazelnut Middle School. It's iconic because it was the first Disney animated series written completely by a woman which we know don't get the same opportunities in  entertainment often as White men. As a kid I loved this show so this cut is hard but any cut I made would be hard so I'll go with this one.

Saving: WWE SMACKDOWN

Aww I loved Pepper Ann too. I am pleasantly surprised it got this far but very happy it did. Of these noms.... sad to see it go but it's def a fair cut at this point especially of these noms.

And this is my chance to post that very iconic theme song. :giggle: 

• Like 1

Judge Judy

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

This gif represents @Steven_ waiting on everyone to make their saves and cuts only for the 24 hour mark to always pass. :dead: Now Judge Judy is iconic woman and a gif Queen, but I think amongst these nominations this is the cut I am most okay with. I was going to cut 3rd Rock From The Sun, but then I remembered Chyna guest starred on the show so for any fans of the show you can thank Chyna. ❤️ Judge Judy is an American arbitration-based reality court show presided over by former Manhattan family court Judge Judith Sheindlin. The show features Judy Judy adjudicating real-life small-claim disputes within a simulated courtroom set. Prior to the proceedings, all involved parties signed arbitration contracts agreeing to Judge Judy's ruling. The show airs in first-run syndication and is distributed by CBS Media Ventures. I have watched this show many times on occasion and its always good for a laugh. Judge Judy is no nonsense woman who doesn't take crap from anyone and I think that's why we all love her. :haha: The series premiered on September 16, 1996, and will air its series finale on July 23, 2021. The show aired 25 seasons before it ended. Judge Judy won three Emmy awards, induction into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame and a Guinness World Records recognition. That's just some of the shows accolades and honors. Of all the court shows with a continuous series run this show was never halted by cancellation/revival gaps, Judge Judy prevails as having the most seasons. It was also the highest Nielsen-rated court show for the entirety of its 25 year initial series run. The show is so engraved in pop culture that Judge Judy even has catchphrases that people know and call Judyisms. I will name some of them which I'm sure some of them you can find in gif form:

• “I’m the boss, applesauce!”
  • "Baloney!"
  • "Do I have 'stupid' written over my forehead?"
  • "I'm here because I'm smart, not because I'm young and gorgeous, although I am."
  • "If you live to be 100, you will never be as smart as I am, sir."
  • "Clearly, you are not wrapped too tight."
  • "That's a lot of 'who shot John'."

It was reported in October 2013 that Sheindlin was the highest paid TV star, earning $47 million per year for Judge Judy, which translates into just over $900,000 per workday. :omg: Judge Judy is paid. 💰 Don't worry though because a spin-off courtroom streaming series starring Judge Judy called Judy Justice is slated for a 2022 series premiere. This is not a cut I want to make, but that's what happens when the nominations are randomized. :( 

Save: Living Single

11 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I am open to changing my cut to Felicity, please let me know soon

I do prefer Clarissa of the two shows.... but I'll be fine with whatever you choose or the majority would prefer.

Felicity (TV Series 1998–2002) - IMDb

I always think of Felicity Shagwell when I see the name Felicity. Unfortunately, this show is not about that particular Austin Powers character. If you can believe, this show as created by JJ Abrams the same year that he did Armageddon. WOW that is a fun fact that I never knew! Felicity ran from 1998 to 2002, so it looks like JJ started Alias in 2001 while Felicity was still on the air. Felicity follows the life and adventures of Felicity Porter while she's at a fictional university in New York. The show was for 4 seasons, so it followed her up until she graduated college. Wikipedia says it is on lists for the best school shows of all time and Felicity is one of the best modern characters. The show opens with her high school graduation and ends when she graduates college. It features Scott Speedman and Scott Foley as her love interests? (probably lol based on the cover above). On set it must have been confusing with the director yelling at all the Scotts to do things. 

Save ER

20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Roswell  also only aired 10 episodes in 1999 - so its mostly a 2000s show. That was why I nominated it as it was barely 90s  and I would prefer to keep around truly 90s show towards the deeper portion of this rankdown.

chloe lukasiak mama GIF

Its first ten episodes were great, tyvm.

CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL

This write up will look terrible but I’ll fix it tonight. I tried to cut this show earlier but since my request for an extension was rudely ignore by the other rankers, it was saved. Clarissa Explains It All stars Melissa Joan Hart who sucks. I remember this show being really popular at one point in time but I never really got into it, personally speaking. The show ran for three seasons and produced 65 episodes before it was finished. A sequel series has been in development since 2018, so I doubt anything’s coming of that. Whatevs. At least this show is out of the rankdown now. Even if it placing higher than Roswell is a choice and has been noted. 🙂

SAVE: Married with Children