'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

13. WILL & GRACE

4294fbac-7b85-4efd-aae0-49f1270e64b5?base_image_bucket_name=image_manager&base_image=cf606775-57ce-4e4c-9566-60cf02622ddd&region=US&format=jpeg&size=952x536

giphy-1-1501857701.gif&ehk=H29dQQMgpbZwf

JC: 1

DEREK: 5

DIANA: 11

PUBLIC: 17

WALLACE: 17

GIGI: 19

JC

Mrs. Karen Walker alone would take a place at the top of my rankings. I just cannot rank this anywhere but first because I have legit watched this show from front to back multiple times, and each episode is ingrained in my mind to the point that I can quote and anticipate pretty much every episode. It's just that good. I love Jack as well, and Grace is funny most of the time. Will is hot but I found him to be the most annoying one, and not quite as iconic as the others. But at least he was nice to look at even though the show constantly made fun of the way he looked, or rather, Jack did :rofl:Anyways, to me, Karen was obvs the star even though the show was called WAG. Also obsessed that Karen references this on the show. I legit died. Megan Mullally is a queen actress and slayed this character. She was amazing and Karen will probably forever be ingrained in my mind of at least top 3 favorite characters ever on any television show, if not #1. I will have to think about that, that would make a great rankdown! Anyways below are a few of my favorite moments from Karen, Jack, Grace, and Will, as well as some amazing moments from the rest of the amazing supporting cast and guest stars like Rosario and co. Love love love all of them ❤️ Oh also gay pride, so happy that there was an iconic gay show to watch even if it was watered down back then. We definitely needed more male on male action in the show, but considering its time, it was already very progressive. The reboot was not great, but since that was not during the 90s, we are not going to talk or rank it based on that! Everyone else best rank this first or I will cut you :wub: JK violence is not allowed in this rankdown but hopefully everyone ranked WAG well, otherwise ✂️ Oh also I love Matt Bomer and so happy they included him as a guest star in the new version, BONE ME BOMER ❤️

jack-and-karen-denied.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611397ca9353d97de0a72

tumblr_n9k2euMoYc1tiv932o1_250.gifv

f71ea5dbbd666e20c041b9c1651f939ceb03973f

c9179c2c0964d4742e305a0b6a36c8d3-343041.

a8908d9433a915743ac74392a8b2cb17.gif

IfBC.gif

giphy-2-1509658926-1509658927.gif

BossyAcidicCommongonolek-size_restricted

1000-will-and0grace-workout-game.gif

tumblr_lmo1mtHdyO1qgrxobo1_500.gifv

916c9b2792133a941e999eb944ff5ab7.gif

DEREK

I only have DVD box sets for three TV shows, and Will & Grace is one of them. 1998 to 2006? We are pushing the 90s definition here but I do think that it is important that the show was conceptualized, written, cast, had its first seasons, and first became popular all in the 90s. The show did a lot for LGBT representation and education at the time, for sure. Was it still stunted by 90s humor and cliches and gay stereotypes??? Yeah, unfortunately. But the characters are larger than life, so much fun to watch, and there are some genuinely funny moments. Grace also had extra representation as a jewish woman. But yeah obviously Karen is one of my favorite characters ever made and I look forward to her domination in the TV Characters game. I expect this to do well in the game, but you never know. One of my all time favorite shows.

DIANA

I don't really have much to say about this show, It's iconic and deserves it's place in our finale but I didn't place in my top 10 and I have just written 100 word write ups for 10 shows and I am just tired. Good Job to JC for getting it this far.

PUBLIC

Thanks JC for getting this here.  My favorite show from the 90’s. - Sola

WALLACE

Will & Grace is a show I like and enjoy whenever I watch it. It's another one of those shows I don't watch it in regular basis, but I do get in moods where I really get into this show and can watch multiple episodes in a week or so time. Then I get over and forget about it. :haha: The stars of the show, Will & Grace are good and fun characters but I think the supporting characters in Karen & Jack shine more and are the real hilarious characters of the show. This is a funny show I would be interested in watching the full series of, but I don't think I will ever do so.

GIGI

The show lasted for 11 seasons, 246 episodes and aired on NBC.  It is about the friendship of Will Truman and Grace Adler.  I have seen the show once and it wasn't my cup of tea.

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#13 Posted)
3 minutes ago, goofycilla90 said:

i woke up to 44 notifications lmao. now I know why haha. welp, my bad but like you couldn't have thrown my ranking in the public at least? lmao. I feel more bad for my sister since she cares and i really don't lol

she has been busier than I working 2 jobs, watching my kids and going back and forth to the hospital take care of our mom

oh well it's just the an Internet game

Spanish Reaction GIF

I'm most surprised with Will & Grace coming in 17th on the public vote, with Sola's vote in there. 😮 I'm guessing all the other public votes were low.

And wow, what an amazing write-up from JC on W&G! :omg: That was a great read and loved the gifs inclusion in there. :yes:

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I'm most surprised with Will & Grace coming in 17th on the public vote, with Sola's vote in there. 😮 I'm guessing all the other public votes were low.

And wow, what an amazing write-up from JC on W&G! :omg: That was a great read and loved the gifs inclusion in there. :yes:

I did vote them #1

I do think it's ridiculous to pick and choose to be honest. I mean Steven, it was you who counted Dee’s in the Disney movie rankdown without writeups. I don't see the difference here especially when it's obviously a lot of outside circumstances that were more important than this game. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Sorry. :( I thought I gave everyone plenty of time and allowed an extra two-day extension too. If I continued without JC and Chris getting to do final cuts, then I thought I had to enforce this deadline too.

I think its fair, I was considering removing rankings from someone in the voice rankdown when they didn't submit write ups and I gave ample time.  They did send their rankings though, so I just included it.

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I think its fair, I was considering removing rankings from someone in the voice rankdown when they didn't submit write ups and I gave ample time.  They did send their rankings though, so I just included it.

I really don’t care about my rankings more my sisters lol

she has a lot on her plate right now. I had no excuse I had more time to them but she was literally swamped 

but oh well like I said lol 

just imagine having a mom in wheelchair who is having major surgery and is still in hospital it’s hard :( she pulled thru so that’s more important for sure 😛 

this is probably my first and last full fledge rankdown because I can’t be trusted with deadlines lmao

9 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I do think it's ridiculous to pick and choose to be honest. I mean Steven, it was you who counted Dee’s in the Disney movie rankdown without writeups. I don't see the difference here especially when it's obviously a lot of outside circumstances that were more important than this game. 

It’s not really about picking and choosing; it’s setting a new precedent. Deadlines were missed throughout the entire game, and I finally enforced it with the final cuts. I thought I needed to enforce it again here. And I was told the 14th would’ve been a fair enough extension too. 

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

she has a lot on her plate right now. I had no excuse I had more time to them but she was literally swamped 

just imagine having a mom in wheelchair who is having major surgery and is still in hospital it’s hard :( she pulled thru so that’s more important for sure 😛 

this is probably my first and last full fledge rankdown because I can’t be trusted with deadlines lmao

oh i know, its unfortunate you missed deadlines and empathetic to your situation.  I am wishing your mom all the best!  

As someone who's hosted his share of rankdowns, I understand why Steven decided to move on.  

Given the situation, I would have missed the deadline too.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

omg this is what happens when you use the same computer lmao. I guess she didn’t log off.

edit: this was supposed for my my post lol not Victoria’s lmao.

Oops.

34 minutes ago, *Diana said:

I think it’s frustrating when you’re on the other end hosting and everyone’s missing deadlines. I don’t think it’s picking and choosing, I think it’s just putting your foot down and making a new norm going forward.

• Like 1

I’m in the mindset of if you’re too busy for a silly online game and you have more important stuff to attend to, that’s totally valid and understandable and that should come first. But don’t be offended when the game moves on without you. It’s not a top priority for you, nor should it be when there’s more important matters at hand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

I’m in the mindset of if you’re too busy for a silly online game and you have more important stuff to attend to, that’s totally valid and understandable and that should come first. But don’t be offended when the game moves on without you. It’s not a top priority for you, nor should it be when there’s more important matters at hand.

yeah I’m def not offended lol

I do understand that people might be upset about rankings not being counted, but we did all say that we were okay with Steven making the decision and doing what he thought was fair for the final rankings. Just wanted to say that on behalf of Steven, I know he had a tough time with all of us throughout the rankdown missing deadlines, so I apologize for my part in that. I am sure Steven was just fed up in the end and just wanted to enforce punishments, again my apologies for my missed deadlines contributing to his frustration.

As for WAG, obvs it's one of my favorite shows of all time. I was hoping for a higher ranking, but some of the rankers were homophobic so...

• Like 1