SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

CA1 RESULTS PART TWO

16. Natalli Reznik & Nico Archambaul - "Knock On Wood" - (Disco by Melissa Williams)

6ynwby.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@.Rei - 7

@FrogLenzen - 7

@Zoey - 8

@*Chris - 9

@*Wallace - 9

@Erestor - 14

@kritaaay - 15

@*Diana - 15

@totes4totes - 16

@*Amanda - 17

@taylorkat - 19

Avg. Score = 12.36

COMMENTS

Rei

a disco routine focused more on style than speed and crazy lifts???? count me in!!

Derek

So amazing that they put this in the title intro for Season 2

Wallace

LOL I was gonna say this Natalli and Nico Disco is probably the sexiest Disco routine there ever has been.... but after watching "When I Grow Up" I don't know? :dead: But really I think I may stand by that. I thought this was a really fun and entertaining Disco from Natalli & Nico. I love all of the partnering work, which was so fun to watch! They danced and performed this really well. Although this is another routine where my eyes are really drawn and glued to Natalli. Her in that gold jumpsuit! :omg: She was such a hot Goddess in this dance! :wub: But Nico partnered her well and danced this really well. Super fun dance!

Megan

I cannot resist a disco to "Knock on Wood" even if Melissa Williams is the one choreographing it. Even if Nico looks like the least 70s person to ever be alive.

(tie)14. Allie Bertram & Danny Arbour - "Someday" - (Contemporary by Paul Becker)

6ynwxo.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Patrick - 2

Diana - 2

Chris - 3

Amanda - 7

Megan - 15

Wallace - 15

Rei - 16

Gigi - 16

Derek - 17

Zoey - 18

Kriti - 19

Avg. Score = 11.82

COMMENTS

Megan

This is done by the same man who did the "Crocodile Rock" routine. Think about that.

Wallace

This was a really beautiful Contemporary from Allie & Danny. I do like how powerful and un sync they are with their movements. Danny danced this nicely but I do feel like Allie shone more here. She's really so stunning to watch in this and showcases some really love technique. Danny still does well in partnering her. They have lovely chemistry in this too.

Rei

It's a fine routine... nothing great nothing bad just alright

Derek

This one never connected with me. As amazing as Allie's body and lines are to look at in motion, I think this needed WILDLY different styling and costumes in order for the story to work. 

(tie)14. Tamina Pollack-Paris & Joey Matt - "Ditch That..." - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown)

6ynxjl.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Rei - 4

Kriti - 7

Patrick - 7

Derek - 9

Megan - 10

Wallace - 11

Zoey - 12

Amanda - 15

Chris - 15

Gigi - 20

Diana - 20

Avg. Score = 11.82

COMMENTS

Rei

Those 20's??? did they watch this routine?? I mean Tamina and Joey are nowhere near my favorites of CA1 but this an amazing routine and one of the best of the season.. one of my favourite Canadian hip hops for sure

Derek

Luther can do no wrong

Megan

I cannot express enough that if this routine were just Tamina it would not only be the #1 routine of this season but in contention for #1 hip-hop across the franchise. She's that good and the choreography is that good. However, Joey Matt is here. And to be fair he's not awful. It's just. I mean. I don't know how you go in as Joey Matt to a Luther Brown hip-hop with your partner Tamina and not immediately just have your soul leave your body with the weight of expectation. He did fine. He wasn't distracting in a good or bad way. And that's more than you can say for some dancers who have attempted a Luther Brown routine.

Wallace

I'm glad that "Ditch That..." was able to slip through to the finals as I did love this routine. I wish more underrated/non favorites could have had routines here, like "Dangerous" and "Breakin' Dishes," but ugh no luck. :broken: This was a really great and sick Hip-Hop routine. Joey danced well and was a good partner here, but my eyes were glued on Tamina. Tamina was an absolute STAR and SO FIERCE. :omg: She killed and slayed this routine so effortlessly. :omg:  Loved their side by side dancing and yeah this was soo good! :bobo:

13. Arassay Reyes & Nico Archambault - "Somebody To Love" - (Lyrical Jazz by Melissa Williams)

6ynylr.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Chris - 4

Amanda - 5

Gigi - 5

Wallace - 7

Zoey - 11

Kriti - 12

Derek - 12

Megan - 14

Diana - 16

Patrick - 18

Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 11.27

COMMENTS

Wallace

I thought this was a really beautiful and powerful routine from Arassay & Nico. I thought they both danced this beautifully and put a lot of emotion into their dance. I like how they both had moments to shine in this separately, Arassay at the start and Nico towards the end. They also had beautiful chemistry in this dance too. ❤️

Derek

I think this did a good job of being memorable and having a moment but it didn't have a whole lot of substance for this style

Megan

This is so cheesy and I love it. Also, this is when Nico definitively won the show. The like other 7 weeks were just courtesy weeks they already had scheduled. I mean. You have Nico who looks like a bad boy, shirtless, with those hot topic emo wings, and a mohawk. 17-year-old Megan would have DIED over him. Also Arassay is also hot. They had such fantastic chemistry.

Rei

Arassay and Nico are outstanding dancers that are very capable of doing amazing things. They just had the misfortune of getting three lyrical pieces during their journey that were absolutely terrible, uninspiring and generic and Somebody to love is just the worst of them all. Melissa Williams's choreography is not my cup of tea and I hate pieces that are too literal, so when she says the story is about a guardian angel and then they give Nico some cheap-ass-paper-mache-wings, you know I'm gonna HATE this! We could have had their salsa and hip hop in this top 20 instead, actual great routines. We can't have nice things I guess. 

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA1) (#16-13 Posted)

„In The Ayer” is such a guilty pleasure routine for me :bobo: I am glad I somehow managed to push it to the top 20 :wub:

„Someday” and „Ditch That” were robbed.

And I couldn’t agree more with Rei on Nicossay lyrical routines. :ph34rwave:

• Like 1

Ahh I knew this set wouldn't be as perfect for me as the last one. :dead::lmao:

- Love the Natalli/Nico Disco and wished it had ranked higher. :(

- Oooh snap @ the rankings for the Allie/Danny Contemporary. :dead: It's either reallly high #2/#3 rankings or the #15 through #19 rankings..... and then the lone Amanda #7 ranking. :haha: I actually was expecting to be one of the lower rankers for this so I'm surprised that I'm moreso in the middle of rankings here. 😮 But I don't mind the ranking for this. I agree with some of the comments on this one.

- Lol Rei.... are you shocked by "Ditch That" getting some #20s? :claybleh: I did feel like Tamina/Joey not being fan favorites would have kinda hindered them a bit in this game, but I'm glad this routine made it through to the Top 20. This is another dance I wished ranked higher but I am glad it made the Top 20. Definitely one of the best Hip-Hop routines of the season. OOOH and while I wouldn't quite have this at #1 solely for Tamina, I do agree with a lot of Megan's comments here.

- Aww I love Arassay/Nico's Lyrical Jazz and this is another routine I wish that could have ranked higher. :( I also wanted to rank it higher but ugh had no more space to push it up like I wanted to. Not Rei at that ranking for . 🙂 Yeah them having 3 Lyrical routines was frustrating but I thought they delivered those routines fantastically and I loved them all. ❤️ Though I also wish their Salsa and/or HH could have made it through here too. :closedeyes:

5 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

VON? (not registering) lol

Vincent, I believe. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

Vincent Olivier Noiseux??

Oooh lol you beat me to it. :haha: 

JC wasn't a Vincent fan at all, while he loved Nico & Miles. :haha: 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Vincent, I believe. :haha: 

Oooh lol you beat me to it. :haha: 

JC wasn't a Vincent fan at all, while he loved Nico & Miles. :haha: 

I also liked Danny and Francis and Joey and Kevin and Izaak. I basically was a boy ho for this season except vince. I also liked a lot of the females too this season was casted to make me Wally which is very difficult to do.